Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Charisma, Maybe ❯ Charisma, Maybe ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Rating: PG-13. Language, minor violence.

Pairing: Shuichi/Suguru

Note: I just wanted to try out this pairing…make sure to tell me what you think.

Disclaimer: I don't own Gravitation or it's characters, nor do I make a profit from this fic. They belong to Maki Murakami.
________________________________________________________________________

I've heard it said that Shuichi Shindou has this charisma. This force that pulls people towards him. I say that's bullshit. And I, Suguru Fujisaki should know.

The real Shuichi Shindou is obnoxious, conceited and stupid. Granted, he does have a certain talent for vocals and drawing people to him. But, that doesn't change the fact that he's an idiot.

And it's because of how stupid he is that I'm stuck in Tohma's office, being forced to think about what I did. What I did? It was his fault, the annoying little prick!!

Okay, okay I know what you're thinking. Did I miss something? Well, the start of this fiasco… Let's not go into details, after all it's not important.

It all started because of another one of Shindou's flaws. His obsession with his boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend. Once again, I know what you're asking me. Ex? Don't worry, I'm getting to that.

Well, as you all know, Shindou is, was with Eiri Yuki, a handsome blonde with a sharp tongue. Shindou is, was quite devoted to that relationship. Everyone was always saying how admirable that was. Personally, I think the guy was just a few steps shy of being a Stepford wife. In fact, there's no doubt that Shindou is partly to blame for the breakup.

I don't know all the details, just that he came in one day, all mopey and depressed, saying that he had been dumped. Now, no one was terribly concerned. After all, they break up about once a week. And as much as Shindou was weeping, I don't think he thought it was going to be permanent either.

Well, after a month, he got a little worried. But, it was only after three months that the message was finally driven into that empty, little head of his. And it was little too much for him to take.

For the next three months, he just barely functioned. He was a vacant, little zombie. I seriously think Tohma considered dropping Bad Luck. But, this last month, he seemed to make a recovery. He came back, once again his obnoxious, little self. We were getting on track and everything was going well. Or so it seemed until this morning.

He came in, all spazzy. Apparently he had seen Yuki, with another guy. It was obvious that he was going to go back into another little slump. K, Sakano and Hiro were all going to buy into that behavior as well. At that moment, I decided, no. No more. Over my dead body.
________________________________________________________________________

"Snap out of it, Shindou! We have to get this new album out!" I yelled at him, causing everyone to look at me as if I had lost my mind.

"I don't care!" Shindou shouted, crying even louder. Hiro was patting him on the back, trying to reassure him.

"Suguru, just give him a few minutes, okay." Hiro looked at me, kindness in his voice and just a hint of pleading. How Shindou ever got a friend like him, I'll never know.

"NO! I'm sick of this. Every time something goes wrong in his life, he screws all of us over! I'm sick of him being such a selfish, little shit head!" I know, I know. I was being a little insensitive. But, trust me, there is only so much you can take before you have no sympathy left for the guy.

"Shut up Fujisaki!" Shindou shot up, pissed off now. Well, that's an improvement. "You don't know what you're talking about!"

"Oh yeah!" I balled my fists ready to go at it. He got this smug face on his look, which only pissed me off even more. "What is it?"

"I should've expected this from a little child like you. You wouldn't know what it's like to have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, would you? You've probably never even been kissed before." At that moment I snapped, and lunged for him. We started throwing punches, neither of us not doing too much damage.

It was only when K fired his gun at us, that we stopped. I had a black and blue mark on my cheek. Shindou had a bloody nose. And that leads us up to…
________________________________________________________________________

The present, with me stuck in Tohma's office. In comes Tohma, with Shindou, his bloody nose taken care of. Tohma looks at the both of us, in what can only be disappointment.

"Quite frankly, I don't care why you two were fighting. But, I won't tolerate that sort of behavior here. I can't tell you two to get along either. But, I think it would be in your best interests to figure out a way to work together." The best interests part is said with that gentle, yet threatening tone I know my cousin for. "I'm going to leave you two alone. Try to work something out." Before we can protest, he’s gone.

I decide that I have to break the silence first. "Listen, Shindou-san, I'm not sorry that I said those things. I'm sorry that I hit you, but, you asked for it."

"What can I expect from a little kid?" Once again with the kid stuff…

"Listen you, I'm trying to have an adult conversation." I don't want to lose my temper again, but he's already pushing it.

"If one of the people isn't an adult, then we can't have an adult conversation." Oooh, I'll admit he's good.

"Talking about yourself?" Our eyes meet and shoot daggers at each other. I sigh, realizing that I'll have to be the one to steer this conversation back on course. "Listen, let's just agree to disagree and go home."

"Now the little boy is running away." I feel the anger rising yet again.

"Shut up! I'm not a child! And I'm sick of you always treating me like one!" I'm mortified by what I just said, but it's too late to take it back. And he's already knows that I said too much. Shindou walks over to me, smirking evilly.

"So, Fujisaki, do you want to be treated like an adult?" He says it with a husky tone in his voice. All I can do is gulp and nod. He slides his hand across my face, causing my skin to get a little heated. Then he leans in and kisses me. When he finally breaks the kiss, I feel my face flush with shame.

"What was that for?" I stare at him in disbelief and he only smirks more.

"I thought you were a big boy, Fujisaki. A little kiss shouldn't mean anything to you?"

I feel the heat in my face grow as I touch my lips. "But, why would you-"

"That really wasn't your first kiss, was it?" He's smiling more gently this time, eyes dancing with a some sort of hidden light.

"I-I…" I feel even more humiliated now. "So what if it was?" I turn from him, hoping to hide the look on my face. I can feel him resting his hands on my shoulders.

"Listen, I'm sorry about before, okay?" I shake my head.

"No, I'm the one who should be. I shouldn't have said those things to you." It's hard on my pride, but I also know it's right. Yet, I don't want to lose either.

"So is everything forgiven?" He sounds hopeful. But, I can't lose my pride so easily.

"No, it's not. But, I'll forgive you if…" I try to gather my courage. "If you’ll give me another kiss." He turns me around, looking surprised. I do my best to look him in the eye and maintain my composure. Then he just gives a small laugh and brushes his lips against mine.

And as we kiss, I begin to think that, maybe he does a have a little charisma. Just a little bit though.
________________________________________________________________________

The End

Make sure to review, okay?