Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Kill Me Shining ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]


Run.

Get out of here, Shindou.

Run.

My limbs were frozen, staring at my lover with wide, shocked eyes. I was sure no tears were rising. I was too stunned to even cry, and I slowly, unsurely brought a shaking hand to my stinging left cheek. The very one Eiri had kissed not even half an hour ago. Even my mind was speaking in a near-resilient whisper. The room seemed stationary in time, with the exception of his small movement.

Me, shrunken away slightly with my back pressed against the counter I’d fallen against from the force. Yuki, standing still as a statue and eyes widened a fraction more than usual, his left hand half in the air and body tense.

I even thought my heart stopped. I couldn’t hear it beating.

Eiri did the same, that slender hand rising to cover his mouth with trembling fingers. His eyes widened a fraction as he stared at me in disbelief, and...horror?

Of course not.

Yuki Eiri would never feel a thing like that.

My mind screamed at my body to move, while my physical representation was frozen in place.

Run, Shuichi. Get the fuck out of here.

I dropped my hand, hesitantly taking a step backwards.

Run.

Yuki's eyes told me something different. Don't go.

RUN, SHUICHI.

A shocked gasp suddenly was torn from the my body, as my heart hammered in my ears. I turned on my heel, and ran like a bat out of hell. I stumbled over my own feet, tripping over something when I was almost at the door, sprawling forward landing flat on my face. I glanced down haphazardly, and there was the object of collision. That stupid picture that had started this on going tension in the first placed, shimmering in all it's golden framed glory.

It was on the floor.

My stomach turned upside down.

I discarded it, throwing it behind me and took off again without another glance. I slammed into the door, hearing a voice calling my name. No, he wouldn't call to me. Not my Yuki.

As quickly as I could, I threw the door open and ran as fast as I possibly could. Despite the turmoil my mind was in, my feet somehow moved, one in front of the other, sprinting for all I was worth. I didn't stop.

Not until I got to my safe haven.

Hiro's.

I threw my body up the stairs, still in too much shock to do much else but move. I fell, literally, on Hiro’s door, banging my fist against it as the sobs broke free and the realization of what had just happened suddenly sunk in.

The door opened almost immediately, and my weight gave, now having nothing to support itself with. I felt strong, warm arms wrap around me as my gut wrenching sobs grew to the point where I could barely breath, tears coursing a never ending stream down my face.

Down my swollen cheek.

“Shuichi, what the hell?” Hiro questioned, but he didn’t push any farther than that. He knew.

He gently helped me to the bed, I think. It could have been the couch. My vision was too blurred to really tell. I collapsed, curling into a fetal position and hyperventilating into my knees.

My world was closing in.

This couldn’t have happened.

No matter how bad anything was, Yuki would never do that.

I felt like my air was being sucked away, right out of my lungs, and I began gasping for breath desperately. It seemed to thin even more, just to spite me.

I felt something press gently against my mouth, and I spit violently when I tasted paper.

“Stop it, Shuichi.” Hiro’s soothing yet determined voice resounded in my head, and I obeyed without thinking. “Breathe.”

I wrapped my hands around his wrists, that were holding a small brown bag against my mouth, and I breathed into the bag.

One. Two. One. Two...On and on.

It stopped, eventually. The hyperventilating, at least. I was still sobbing brokenly, my entire frame shuddering violently in tune. I felt something sliding up and down my back, but I couldn’t help but keep going.

This was impossible.

No, it wasn’t.
___________________________________

“Yuki, tadaima!” I called out as I entered the ever silent building, smiling cheerfully and slipped my shoes off as I closed the door gently behind me. I pranced to the corner of the living room where I kept most of my stuff, dropping my backpack without a second thought as I skipped to the half open door of my lover’s study. “Yuki!” I ran straight in, plopping right down into his lap. His long, bent legs were a lot more comfortable than they looked.

“Ne, brat?” Yuki mumbled, as he hastily turned his face, never taking his eyes or his hands off of his laptop, pressing a chaste kiss to my left cheek. I beamed at him, even though his topaz eyes didn’t see it.

“How was your day, Yuki? I missed you so much!”

“I’m working, baka.” He muttered, slim, pale fingers typing furiously as his brow slightly crinkled. But he made no move to dislodge me, and that gave me a slight bit of hope. Most of the time he just dropped me to the floor without a second thought.

I opened my mouth, prepared to share my great news with him, when a soft smile arose instead on my face. My Yuki really was beautiful. The strong, yet delicate lines of his cheekbones and jaw, the slight crinkle in the corner of his eyes while he’s working. His hard, gently muscled to perfection but not bulk body, tall and lean, sat in completely perfect posture, even with a hundred and ten pound boy on his lap and a slightly uncomfortable chair. Broad, slender shoulders that I could just be rewarded with a wisp of through top of his navy blue button up. The top few buttons were undone, and something in me wanted to touch his skin.

My breath caught momentarily, and I shook my head to shake myself out of the dazzle I’d been temporarily put in.

I waited in silence, simply perching atop him, until he finally let out a sign and leaned back. I knew that meant he‘d released his train of thought, and it was safe to speak. I hummed happily, a grin spreading across my face. “Yuki! Yuki Yuki Yuki! I got you a present!” I tugged impatiently at the bottom of his shirt.

His eyes, previously closed, snapped open to glare at me. “Why do you never have anything to do but annoy me? And what the fuck makes you think I want a present, damn brat?”

My smile didn’t even falter, and I grinned even wider, standing and tugging at his wrists. “Come on, come on!”

A roll of his enthralling golden eyes, and he was following me, half forced to do so by my insistent pulls with my hands clasped around his wrists. I brought him to the living room, and he flopped onto the couch, digging in his pocket for a moment before finding what he rummaged for. He popped a long white stick into his mouth, lighting the cigarette with a lighter on the table.

I didn’t let this phase me, and bent over the side of the couch to retrieve my backpack. I felt something slide along my bottom, caressing smoothly, and jumped slightly, more to amuse him than out of shock. I was used to this by now, his hentai side. I giggled, turning and playfully swatting at his outstretched hand that was rubbing my rear. “Yuki!”

“Do you have a goal on how many times a day you say my name?” Yuki grunted, his voice a bit rougher than usual due to the cigarette smoke I knew was held within his lungs.

“Aha!” I found what I had been searching for, and with a triumphant grin I brought it out of my bag, holding it out to Yuki with both hands wrapped around the edges. “Here!”

He stared for a moment, the left side of his mouth twitching. Was that a look of...disgust on his face?

“What the hell is that?”

My smile faded ever so slightly, and my arms lowered a bit. “It’s...a picture of us. Hiro snapped it that day you dropped me off at work.”

The picture showed a close up, obviously having been zoomed in, of me leaning forward and Eiri scrunching his nose as I kissed him on the cheek, features glowing. His eyes were soft, and a rare sparkle of contentedness shone in them.

After a few moments of silence, I dejectedly set the framed picture down on the table before us, facing him. His eyes flickered coldly to it for a few seconds before he cruelly flicked his half cigarette at it. The stick bounced off the shiny glass protector, before falling right into the ashtray. He sneered.

I stared, speechless for a few moments, before snatching the frame and brushing off the ashes that resided there. After a few moments, I held it out to him again. “You don’t want it?”

“What am I going to do with a piece of junk like that?” Yuki stood, slipping one hand into his black trousers and turning towards the kitchen. “You’re annoying me, brat. Go bug someone else.”

“But-” I thrust the frame at him once more. Couldn’t he just put it somewhere, like his nightstand? Or his office? Even in his closet?

He snarled, turning on me. “Fuck off, baka. Not only did you interrupt my work for something completely irrelevant, you’re getting on my fucking nerves now.” And with that, he batted the frame from my hands, where it slid across the wooden floor. He turned emotionlessly, and strode into the kitchen.

I bounced after him, tears rising in my eyes. “I just wanted to do something nice for you, to prove I cared! I know I tell you I love you every day," I smiled sheepishly, raising one hand to the back of my head to tangle in my hair and I laughed," actually, a few times every day, but I just wanted to-”

“Shut up. I don’t give a rats ass how much you care about me, you got that?” He snapped, turning his icy eyes upon me. I balked, but didn’t back down.

“Why can’t you just take it as a reminder of me when I’m not-”

“You think I want to think about you when I finally get peace?” He headed towards the fridge, probably to get a beer. I was on his heels, anger rising in me now.

“Why are you so mean to me?! Why is it so hard for you to show me you care-”

“Because I don’t.”

The words I’d been about to speak before he cut me off died in my throat, and I stared at him like the idiot I am for a few moments, before rebounding. “No, that’s not true!” I reached towards his back, that was turned on me, and gripped his shoulders.

He spun, eyes flashing and his teeth were almost bared. “Fuck. Off.”

“I won’t!” I argued, tears falling now. “Why don’t you want me to be around you, Yuki?”

His face froze for a moment, before an indifferent look passed over his features. “I want you at work. I want you at your annoying friends'. I want you on stage. Hell, I even want you dead. As long as you’re not. Near. Me.” He made sure to accentuate each word, the pure coldness in them apparent. Following his curt words, and the absolute shattering of my heart, he turned towards the fridge again.

Normally, this wouldn’t effect me.

Normally, I’d think he was just saying these things.

But I knew he wasn’t.

He meant them. He wanted me dead. He’d rather I go die, than be anywhere near him.

My chest felt like it was about to burst open, and still I reached forward, tugging on his sleeve. “No, Yuki, you don’t mean tha-”

He didn’t cut me off with words this time. A wild growl tore through the kitchen, as he turned on me once more, the elbow I’d been touching jerking up, hand flying and colliding, back sided, with my cheek. A strong, sharp smacking noise filled the air, and I winced at the throbbing pain in my cheek as I flew backwards, back slamming against the marble counter, arching slightly at the pain of the impact, before I flung an arm out to the top and steadied myself, sliding down a bit and leaning to one side.

Eiri didn’t move. Didn’t even blink.

And in that moment, I couldn’t believe what had just happened.

Yuki had just hit me.

________________________________________________________
< br> Authors Note;; I have no idea when I suddenly decided to write, but my Gravitation whoreness has been reaching a rehabilitation level lately. I’ve been sucking down fanfictions like water, and I finally couldn’t stand it any more. Eiri and Shu and friggin’ haunting me, I swear! I even have two other ideas for a oneshots! Ah, well. OH! Note! This Eiri is more based off of manga Eiri, who curses quite a lot and is slightly more violent and angry. Rather than the simply cold and snappish Eiri in the anime. I love both :) I felt like Shu-chan was slightly OOC, my writing style a bit to descriptive and complex for him, but then I was listening intently to his songs and reading the lyrics as well as I reread Gravitation;; The Novel, today. Shuichi is quite capable of intelligence, his actions are just naturally childish. I mean, look at his lyrics. He can use big words, too! I think I faired well on the dialogue, it was the narrative part I was worried about.

So, this is my first Gravitation fic! Good, bad? There’s a purpose to this. I promise. I’m not really sure how long it’s going to be, yet. I was in the middle of reading a fanfiction, with my iTunes on shuffle, and this one song came on and I was like AH!

Feed back is highly appreciated! It’s my first attempt at Gravi, so give me your opinions. I think the next chapter will be this scene and the after scene, in Yuki’s POV. Not sure yet? Let me know what you think, and look out for my upcoming oneshots!

Shuichi; YUKI WOULD NEVER HIT ME! YOU MADE HIM LOOK MEAN, YOU-YOU-YOU-

Lollirot; Oh Shu-Chan, shut up.

Eiri; Hey. Only I can tell him to shut up.

Shuichi; (big doe eyes) Ohhhhh, Yuki! (glomps)

Eiri; (sweatdrop)

Lollirot; (sigh)

Ryuichi; Remember! (Moving Kumagoro so it looks like he’s speaking) Review!

Lollirot; (Pats Ryu’s head and gives him a cherry.) Thank you, Ryu.

Ryuichi; NA NO DA!