Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Romance ❯ Yes Or No. ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Track Seventeen
Yes Or No.

The sun, being its usual annoying self, shined its rays upon everything in its each. That included one very depressed and very tired Shuichi. Quickly shielding his eyes from the hateful streams of light now flashing through his window, Shuichi grunted viciously. It had token him a moment to adjust to the new morning, but he got over its strangeness easily. He sat up depressingly, and wiped the night's accumulated sleep in his eyes. With a fitful yawn, Shuichi groggily looked around the room, trying to count stock of last night's events. Then it came to him. He had so eagerly thrown himself at Tatsuha in a desperate attempt to keep him from leaving. His eyes lowered softly as he remembered Tatsuha's wiliness but rejection. It hurt to be put down that way, but he could blame Tatsuha for turning him down, after all it wasn't passion or love that drove his actions but fear and recklessness. And for that he could have lost Tatsuha for real. He mournfully glanced at his side, where he'd imagined the black haired man would be sleeping at the moment. To his surprise there was no one beside him. Maybe Tatsuha really did leave him for such impatience. A sorrowful expression was displayed on Shuichi's miserable features as he sighed remorsefully. He had been a fool. He couldn't hold it against Tatsuha or Yuki for leaving him. He had been such an idiot. He had willingly slept with Yuki though he was still going out with Tatsuha. And without sudden warning he had dumped Yuki without them dating from the start to return to Tatsuha. No other dissevered his title, a player and a dog. A shy tear found its way to Shuichi's violet eyes as he suddenly clutched his legs close to his naked frame.

"Trying not to be alone...has only made me more lonely." He wept softly, burying his head deeply into his knees.

"Hey! Shuichi, get your lazy ass up!" Tatsuha's voice shocking boomed from what sound like the kitchen. Shuichi's head shot up immediately at hearing the hated but greatly appreciated demand.

Shuichi jumped from the bed and scrambled around for the clothes he had discarded in last nights attempt. He accidentally slipped on the blankets he let fall from the bed during his exit and fell to the floor with a loud thump.

"Shuichi?!" Tatsuha questioned from the kitchen at hearing the startling noise.

Shuichi struggled to free himself from the blankets submissive hold before Tatsuha could catch him pathetically interwoven in the blanket's warmth. Luckily, just as worried footsteps stopped in the doorway, Shuichi had managed to regain his prideful demeanor as he hurriedly stood.

"What are you doing?" Tatsuha ask inquisitively, curiosity showing in his eyes.

Shuichi blushed embarrassingly and rubbed the back of his head. "Just getting up." He laughed nervously.

Tatsuha smiled, shaking his head. He approached the pink haired male, kindly placing his hand on his soft shoulder. "I have breakfast ready. But I think you'd want to get dressed before eating. Unless you liking eating in the nude. He laughed. Shuichi shyly stared down at his unclothed form and mumbled an almost inaudible 'no'. "I thought so, now-" Before Tatsuha had a chance to finish his teasing, he was abruptly stopped when the timid figure embraced him suddenly. "Shuichi?" He mutter surprisingly as the small boy started to weep in his arms. Sighing kindly, Tatsuha wrapped his arms around Shuichi's slender body. "What's gotten into you lately? Its all tears and hugs with you." He asked, allot of worry revealed in his voice.

"I'm sorry Tatsuha..." Shuichi murmured sadly into the other's chest. "I want do it again-I promise." He cried giving a muffled request. "Just don't leave me...don't ever leave me!"

Tatsuha 'shh'ed the young pink-haired boy until his tears had stilled and there was no longer hushed pleas. "I told you before, I'm not going to leave you Shuichi. I promise." He had amazing managed to calm Shuichi down enough to tell him to get dressed. "I was hoping you would be up for going out tonight." He smiled friendly. Shuichi just gave a blank stare as Tatsuha rummaged through the closet. "I hope you haven't forgotten. But if you have, I'd like to refresh your memory." Still clueless of what Tatsuha's intentions were, Shuichi waited patiently for an explanation.

"Shuichi?"

"Yes." Shuichi replied curiously. Tatsuha smiled excitedly and hugged the boy suddenly without any warning or heed. Shuichi gave stifled gasp and quickly stared at Tatsuha with suspicion.

"Well. Finally, we meet." Tatsuha laughed humorously giving Shuichi his innocent smile. "What a pleasant surprise. So. How long have you been here? Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked, holding the same smile.

Shuichi went into a blonde moment and completely had a blank expression. It had to a whole two minutes for his mind to comprehend Tatsuha's complex statement. It finally hit him in a moment of realization, when he gasped loudly. "You said the same thing our first date!" He yelled, pointing astonishingly at Tatsuha. He hadn't realized the other was reenacting their first encounter.

"Man, you sure are dense." Tatsuha teased, patting him on the back. "If you still don't know, it's our six month anniversary!" He exclaimed, for once with excitement.

Shuichi went into blush for forgetting how long its been since their first date. Not only was this their anniversary it was exactly six months ago the day he first met Yuki as well. Despite this moment of pure happiness, Shuichi felt guilty and slightly upset. He wondered if Yuki would remember that day just as clearly as he had. He wondered if Yuki even thought him important enough to share an anniversary with.

-That Night-

Lucky for Shuichi, he didn't feel so odd when Tatsuha asked to take him back to the place they first met, with his friends Hiro and Suguru accompanying him. He would feel rather awkward among all those stranger as he danced with his boyfriend, but now he at least had two familiar faces. As the four males sat at their table, admiring all the other fancy dancing couples, Tatsuha finally encourage his date to come out onto the dance floor.

"Come on, Shuichi. You don't just want to sit and watch do you?" He asked timidly with a gentle smirk.

Shuichi bowed his head in shame. "Their playing classical and slow music." He mumbled softly.

"Are you telling me you don't know how to dance to anything but tech and pop." He laughed, viciously taking Shuichi by the hand and pulling him up. "Then I'll teach you." He smiled, dragging Shuichi off into the crowd of romantic couples.

"Tatsuha..." He muttered as Tatsuha put his arm around him and looked into his violet eyes. He half surrender to Tatsuha's devilish smile, quite weakened by his desire for him. Without any plan or suggestion they seemed instinctively to drift to the side of the floor joining the other dancers, moving briskly around. Gliding rhythmically here and there, Shuichi fell into the positions and steps without effort. It was the delightful sensation of being held by him and guided here and there that so appealed to Shuichi-the wonderful rhythm of his body coinciding with his.

"Why, Shuichi, aren't you a sly little dancer. You've caught on pretty quick." Tatsuha teased with a smirk.

"Maybe because I have such a great teacher." Shuichi chirped back happily. He laughed along with his black haired boyfriend as they enjoyed what seemed to be an eternity of dancing slowly and gracefully close to each other; Shuichi's head at Tatsuha's neck with his arms supported on strong shoulders.

Shuichi's two friends watched the two dance, Hiro in complete disgust by the evening. Suguru merely scolded him over rude, unnecessary remarks on the couple. Hiro nearly jumped from his seat in anger when Tatsuha had made up some lame excuse to drag Shuichi outside onto the balcony.

"Hiro, calm down. Don't let him faze you. After since Shuichi is happy with Tatsuha, shouldn't you, his best friend, be happy for him?" Suguru questioned, quirking up a brow.

"I mad because that idiot has a higher place of power. Shuichi is still emotionally unstable since he was with Yuki, being around Tatsuha will only make things worse. Tatsuha has the power at any given moment to break Shuichi, because he is already fragile. Yet all he does is flaunt Shuichi around like he's his special little trinket, not giving a damn about Shuichi's feelings." Hiro's fist tightened as he glared back at the couple talking on the balcony. "I had never seen Shuichi so happy then the day after he spent with Yuki. Even though the thoughts of having been the unfaithful on to Tatsuha would seep in, he was still happy. I don't know what Yuki did, but he did one hell of a job. He had accomplished in one night what Tatsuha hasn't been able to accomplish in six months. He's earned Shuichi's love."


"Wow, Tatsuha...this is an amazing view!" Shuichi exclaimed ecstatically, spinning around in small circles. The stars overhead surrounded him in their beautiful, warm glow. Nothing could make this night any better...or so Shuichi thought. He hesitated his spinning, trying to get the lights to stop running together, but instead they had formed a golden mane of hair everywhere, sparkling relentlessly for Shuichi. "Yuki..." Shuichi mutter to himself, remember how glorious Yuki's hair looked unruly and disheveled. He saw imaginary cold, golden eyes. Though they were cold, they held such love in them. As if they were cold merely to keep the passion frozen in time, and withstand spring's cruel melting. His violet eyes cast to the side in thought. He had to admit he'd fallen for those intense glassy, golden orbs. He had longed for the warmth of those strong supporting arms and those delicate, fierce pink lips. He wanted it all, but he knew he could never have such possessions.

"Shuichi? Is something wrong?" Tatsuha asked inquisitively, rushing to his love's side. Shuichi reassured him it was just dizziness that would quickly pass over. As if to prevent Shuichi's mind from reeling out of portion into his passion fantasy of the golden prince, Tatsuha engulf the frail body in his arms. "I hate it when you lie to me." He whispered, sounding hurt and confused. "But I should be use to it by now." He muttered with a smile.

"Tatsuha..." Shuichi looked down ashamed for his thoughts while he was with the other on their day. "I'm sorry..."

"I forgive you Shuichi, I always will." He released the boy and stood a foot away. Shuichi watched curiously as the black haired man got on one knee in front of him. "I can forgive the lying, and the betrayal...but if you reject me..." He presented a small velvet box, opening it slowly revealing a small, precious diamond ring. "I may not have strength enough to forgive the hurt you have caused me." He looked deeply into watery violet eyes and smiled softly. "Will you marry me?" He asked.

His heart fluttered astonishingly. Never had he imagined being asked such a question, especially by Tatsuha. Yet something deep down told him the question was unavoidable.

With tear filled eyes, Shuichi stuttered surprisingly. "W-why...why me Tatsuha? I don't deserve your love. I've...so many bad things...and yet...you still love me..." Shuichi fell to his knees, clutching his hands into fist, weeping softly. "When I still love Yuki..." He whispered to himself, making sure Tatsuha wasn't to heard.

"Shuichi, none of that matters! I love you for you, the good and the bad you. I love everything about you! What has happened in the past, can be forgotten. I've forgiven you...and I want you by my side forever." He embraced the weeping boy and held tightly. "Please...Shuichi...if you don't want to hurt me more than you have...don't leave me...stay with me."

Shuichi bowed his head gently on the others shoulder, gripping his sleeves fiercely. How could he forgive him for that? For loving his brother...for still loving his brother? Tatsuha maybe able to forget, but Shuichi knew everything would resurface anytime he forced it behind him. He couldn't escape what was there...who was there...waiting for him.

"I'll be waiting, Shuichi. When he breaks your heart, I'll be waiting. And when he hurts you, I'll still be waiting. I won't give up on you...I love you." Yuki's meaningful words danced around in his head every second of everyday. Not a thought went by without reminiscing on the meaning of that statement.

But here he was be begged to stay, when it was him only early that day, begging for Tatsuha never to leave him. In a way he had been asking Tatsuha to want this. By clinging onto him for dear life, he had convinced Tatsuha there was no other way to reassure him that he would stay.

It was his fault, everything. Allowing himself to fall for Yuki, and still be with Tatsuha. He had dug his own grave from the very beginning, now it was time to make his decision. If he said no, could he return to Yuki. Would Yuki still want him if he knew he had ran away because of Tatsuha's truth o staying. If he said yes, could he live a life with a face constantly reminding him of the other love he had. The possible love he could have had. Yes or No?

A/N: This has to be one o the most evilest suspense chapters I’ve done so far. *snicker* I sorry for the torture, but you will find out Shuichi’s decision next chapter!