Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Groove Adventure Rave: The Tenshi Quest ❯ Lost Friend: The Reunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Groove Adventure Rave: The Tenshi Quest
By Adam Carr

Groove Adventure Rave and all related names are copyright of Kodansha and Konami.
No infringement is intended

Well, this is the second fanfic based on the excellent series Groove Adventure Rave. I fell in love with this show since the beginning, and as it approaches becoming released in Western circles, I felt ready to do some fanfiction for it. In case you've never heard of the series, here's a small primer for you:


50 years ago, the world was ruled by Dark Bring, a dark stone that spread its evil influence across the world. A warrior named Shiba went forth to defeat the evil; aided by a stone of light he called Rave.
Shiba and Rave battled Dark Bring, and sealed it away in an explosion that took out a tenth of the planet. Rave was shattered into five pieces, and flung across the world.
Fifty years later, we meet Haru Glory, an easygoing man who lives on Garage Island with his sister Cattleya. The siblings have lived alone since their mother died and their father disappeared. While fishing, Haru catches a strange creature called Plue. Taking the creature to town, Haru meets its master, an old man named Shiba, who tells him about the legend of Rave…
Suddenly, Shiba is attacked by a member of Demon Card, an evil terrorist group. Helping him out, Haru is given a small stone.. Suddenly, the power of the stone enters him. Haru has become the new Master of the Rave stone.
Inheriting the stone's powers, a sword and Plue, who is Rave's guardian, Haru sets out from his home to find the remaining pieces of Rave, and defeat Dark Bring once and for all. Along the way, he meets several allies, both brave and bizarre, each with their own quests, but eager to bring piece to the world.

The characters (NOTE: Just to make the story interesting, I made a few adjustments to some characters. These adjustments have no bearing on the manga or anime. I just put them there to fit the plot and add a bit of fun. Any characters in the story that are not mentioned here are my own creation)

Main Cast: (warning, may be spoilers)

Haru Glory: Earnest, brave 16 year-old who inadvertently becomes the master of the Rave stone. Living on the small island of Garage, Haru tends to be a bit slow of the mark, but is extremely dedicated to justice and protecting those he cares about. A friendly guy with a heart of gold, Haru is a fair fighter, and has good sword skills. (In this story, Haru has beaten Dark Bring, and become a college student. He also starts looking at Elie differently…)

Elie: Extremely cute girl Haru meets in a casino. Elie has no memory of her past, and decides to join Haru on his quest to see if she can find her past. Elie is always cheery and hyper, constantly making the others smile and helping out. She also has a mad temper, and lashes out with her modified ton-fa guns at anyone she doesn't like. During the series, Elie finds some facts about herself: She looks like Resha Valentine, the magic user who created Rave in the first place, and she has a powerful magic within her called Etherion. (In this story, Elie is still looking for her past, but comes across a vital clue….)

Plue: The guardian of Rave, and the series cute mascot/ merchandising whore. Plue is a strange looking fellow who can't talk, but communicates with gestures and violence, using his pointy nose to attack. He quite devoted to his friends, and has an addiction to sweets, which tends to get him in trouble. (In this story, Plue uses Rave to get more powers, such as the ability to speak…)

Hamlio Musica: The cool guy of the show. Musica is the last in a line of silversmiths, his family blessed with the power to manipulate metal with their minds. Musica uses this as his main weapon, transforming his silver necklace into a staff and various other tools. He is also the leader of a band of air pirates, who fight against Demon Card. Musica repairs Haru's sword, and comes along for the ride. Musica is a calm, collected fellow who has an eye for the ladies, yet has bad luck asking them out. (In this story, Musica has been gone for combat training, before starting his own silverware shop with Griffon.)

Griffon Kato: A two-foot tall, talking blue blob who looks like a reject from Pokemon. Griff meets the group as a taxi driver, riding around on a large rabbit like creature named Tanchimo. He joins the gang as the official travel guide, but becomes more of the `bitch', getting into scrapes, usually along with Plue. Still, he's a loyal friend, even if he does get annoying…

Cattleya Glory: Haru's sister, who raised him after their mother died. Cattleya is a smart girl who always cares about her friends welfare, though she is an introvert, and has trouble with men. She's the polar opposite of Haru, preferring peace and quiet to adventure. She is also a good cook, and like karaoke. (In this story, I gave her the job of a nurse.)

Ethan and Angela: I don't have much info on these two, seeing as they have only appeared in the Rave playstation game and not the series, but I thought I'd put them in because they look cool in a fight. Ethan is a magic user, who can control elements through his sword, and Angela is his devoted girlfriend, who also has magic skills.

Minor characters:

Lance: A swordsman and former Demon Card terrorist. Lance was the first opponent Haru defeated, but he comes back for some revenge…
Shuda, King, Go, Lucia, Doryu: Other enemies Haru defeats in the series.
Sieg Hart: A mage who watches over time. Tried to exterminate Elie because of her powers, but was stopped by Haru.
Resha Valentine: A mysterious woman who apparently created Rave. Looks like Elie.
Nakajima: A large talking sunflower which resides outside Haru's house. And no, don't ask me why. He acts as a mentor for Haru and Cattleya.
Ken: Close friend of Haru's who runs a small shop.
Gale Glory: Haru's father, who left his family when Haru was a baby to search for Rave and stop Demon Card, of which he was a founding member. Sacrifices himself to save Haru.

Other things:

Eisonmeteor: Haru's sword, given to him by Shiba. By placing Rave within a small groove on the hilt, Haru can transform the sword in several different forms, each with their own powers. These include: Explosion, a red blade which causes massive explosions, Silfarion, which enables the user to move at sonic speed, Blue Crimson, two separate swords with powers of fire and ice, Runesave, which can cut any material, Melforce, which can control wind and create force fields, and Gravity Core, a grey blade which can control gravity.

For more info in Rave, try these sites:
chocofansubs.cjb.net
www.mangascreener.com
www.tbs.co.jp /rave2001
www.kodanclub.com
Please give me some feedback on this. This is the biggest story I've ever written, and I'm extremely proud of it. Also, if you like Rave, then send in your own stories.
This tale is dedicated to Hinano, the biggest Rave fan I know. Not only does she fansub it, she draws art for it and is creating a comic based on my other Rave story. So visit her site (mariasart.cjb.net) and give her some props!

And so, let the adventure begin! Oh and review it too, please. You can contact me at student_scum@hotmail.com


It begins, as always, with him leaving the house, thinking it would be a normal day.
As soon as the door closes, he realises something is wrong. He can't feel the normal warmth of the sun. Looking up, he is aware he can't see the sun. He can't see the sky either.
Looking around him, panic starts to lock in as he see that everything around him- the houses, the grass, the sea- everything, has no colour. The area around him is pure white with black outlines, like a colouring book or manga comic. The horror intensifies when he looks at his hand, and sees that he is also white. Colourless.
He hammers the door, trying to get back in, but it's locked. He tries to calm himself, but the fear has taken reign of his heart. He frantically looks around, trying to spot anyone who can help or some way out of this ordeal.
Then he sees her.
Standing on the cliff. The one where his mother is buried. She stands looking out to the sea, hair dancing in the light breeze. He cannot make out recognisable features, but one thing is clear. She is still coloured. A splash of bright paint on the incomplete backdrop.
He knows, instinctively, that somehow she can help him. Take him away from this. He runs towards her.
But when he gets near the cliff, the ground starts to tremble…


Haru Glory, college student and master of the Rave Stone, jerked up out of sleep, his skin covered in a thin sheen of sweat. He breathed heavily.
He found it slightly ridiculous that he kept feeling like this. Every night he had the same dream. Every night he never got beyond the earthquake. And despite the repetition, he still woke up extremely shocked.
He brushed his hands through his shaggy, silver hair. What was happening to him?
It was slightly over a year ago that an old man named Shiba had given him a small, ordinary looking sword shaped crystal. But that stone had changed his life forever. Inheriting the incredible powers that lay within it, he had decided to use that power for one purpose: to destroy the world's greatest blight, the Demon Card terrorist group, and their master, the insidious Dark Bring.
For many months, he and Plue, the small, dog like creature who protected the Rave, had travelled all around the continents, searching for the remaining pieces which would return Rave to it's true form. The upside was that Haru got to do what he had always wanted to do, look beyond his hometown of Garage Island, and see the world. And indeed he had. Ancient temples, massive cities, tall mountains, he'd seen it all.
And he hadn't gone it alone either. He had met some of the strangest characters in his travels, all of which had become steadfast friends and allies. The cool, collected silver blacksmith Musica, the smart alec talking blob Griff, the mysterious psychic Ethan, his girlfriend the sexy Angela, and….
Elie.
He had been thinking about the fair-haired girl, who travelled with him in search of her lost memories, for some time now. Probably because the date was almost a year ago, that they had defeated Dark Bring and gone their separate ways.
Despite all their searching, al they had found about Elie's past were a few clues, that hadn't added up to anything. Only the idea that she was related to some person named Resha, who had died many years ago.
He remembered returning to Hip Hop City after the battle. She had announced that she was about to leave….


"Everyone has their own path Haru, and they have something waiting at the end of it.." Elie said, as they stood outside the casino where they had first met. Haru felt despair racking his body. The last thing he wanted was to see her go.
"You've found and completed your path. You've freed the world. And now you can go home. I.. I've still got some way to go.
"Elie, I.." Haru started, but not sure what to say to convince her not to go. "You don't have to go alone."
She put a finger to his lips. "No Haru. I can't ask you to go. You've sacrificed so much for me." Tears lined her eyes. "Now I have to go my own way. "
She held his hand. "But I promise.. I'll see you again someday."
She knelt down, and picked up Plue, who whimpered at the girl. "I'll miss you little buddy. Behave now." She gave the small guardian a hug.
Then she got up, and finally succumbing to tears, placed her arms around the Rave master. Haru held her close, tears forming in his own eyes.
"I'll never forget you." She whispered
Then she turned away.
And Haru watched as she disappeared into the crowd…


Haru sighed. That had been a year ago, and he had still heard no word from her. All he wanted was to know if she was all right. Seeing her again would certainly brighten things up around here.
Life had never been quite normal since he returned home. After word got out that he was the one who defeated Demon Card, offers of work, congratulations and more money than he knew what to do with had poured in. The furore about him had died down eventually, though he still got recognised in the street. But that was fine with him. All he really wanted was to return to his normal life on Garage Island go on the occasional travel to another land and go to College, hopefully becoming something he'd envisioned during his travels. A writer.
He got out of bed and headed for the shower. He was on the last few days of his vacation, and he didn't see the point of wasting it in bed. He showered and dressed, feeling the melancholy drape that had been following him the last few weeks. He had no idea why it was.
He jogged downstairs and entered the kitchen. Plue was already stuffing his face with pancakes. At the counter, the flaxen haired figure of his sister, Cattleya, dished more pancakes onto a plate. She turned to face her brother.
"Morning Bro. Sleep okay?"
"No." He sat down and received the plate from Cattleya. "These dreams are really getting to me now."
"Maybe you need to see a doctor." She said, concerned. "You have been sleeping late lately."
"Cause its Spring break. It's a law to sleep in. I don't have deprivation or anything." Haru assured. "It's just really annoying."
Cattleya sat down, and picked up the daily newspaper. "Well, don't worry about it. We've got a few days of break left. We should do something with that time."
She opened the paper and turned to the Out and about section. "What do you fancy? A movie? Trip to the gardens? A fun fair?"
"Naah!" He answered, concentrating on his breakfast. Truth be told, not many things seemed that interesting anymore. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy them. It was just… they seemed to be lacking something. He figured travelling around the world and seeing all its splendour did that to a person.
Cattleya looked at the paper in silence, than cried "Ohh! We should go to the museum. They've got a new exhibit up."
She turned the page and held it to Haru's face. "Check it out."
Haru grasped the paper and read the article. The Museum Of History in Punk City, had recently acquired a set of massive stones, each bearing writings of the mysterious lost civilisation that had baffled scientists for years.
Looking at the picture, Haru saw the stones, which had been opened to public view yesterday, and so a crowd was gathered on the floor. Indeed, in the photo the huge stones, about a house story high, were covered in that strange text. No one was able to decipher them.
"Elie could." Haru recalled his friend's strange ability. It was something that had spooked the both of them.
Looking lower down the picture, He looked at the crowd. Everyone was staring with rapt attention and taking photos. Except one. Looking closer, Haru saw a slight form among the crowd, writing in a notebook. The person wore a green coat with the hood pulled up. He then noticed the face that peered out of the hood.
Fair, almost blond hair. Pale skin. Dark eyes. Haru's face went white.
It was her!
Cattleya noticed the pale look on her brother's face. "Haru? What's the matter?"
He thrust the picture into her face. "Look! Down there, in the crowd! It's her!"
She peered at it, confused. "Sorry, who's there? And where?
"There!" Haru jabbed at the photo. "In the green coat!
Cattleya spotted the person that seemed to have riled up her brother. "Yeah, so?"
Haru jumped excitedly. "It's her! It's Elie!"
She was silent as she absorbed this information. She glanced over to the mantelpiece, where several pictures were placed. In the centre, next to their last family portrait, was a picture of the slim, mysterious Elie, posing and grinning with Haru and Plue.
She'd heard a lot about how she had helped her brother out, all the way up to the final battle with Dark Bring. But she was surprised that her brother and Elie hadn't gotten together as a couple after working together for so long. She had put it to two things: Haru's inexperience with the opposite sex, and the fact that Elie had disappeared in order to look for her past.
"She was there! In Punk City!" Haru continued to rant. He showed the picture to Plue. "Look Plue! It's Elie."
Plue saw her and began jumping for joy himself.
"Haru, calm down."
"But this is the first I've heard of her in a year! Come on! If we go there now, we could still find her."
Cattleya paled. Maybe he did have a crush on her.
She tried to restrain him. "Haru, that picture was taken yesterday. Do you think she would still be in that city?"
Finally calm, Haru replied "Of course." He pointed to the stones in the photo. "You see that language? She's the only one who can translate it. I'll bet she's trying to read it all to see if it leads her somewhere. She might still be translating it."
He threw the paper down, and raised his fist in determination. "If we go now, we might catch her."
Cattleya rubbed her head. "I don't know. It's still a long shot, isn't it?"
Haru smiled. "Come on sis. Even if we don't find her, we can still see the sights. And we can meet Musica. You haven't met him yet, have you?"
Musica. That was a person who had mystified her. According to Haru, the silver smith and gang leader had decided to travel around and improve his fighting and weapon making skills with his gang. From the latest he had heard from Haru, Musica had retired the gang and started his own weapon and silverware store.
She had only seen a few pictures of the man, but had it admit: He was rather handsome. But what was the real man like? It would be nice to know.
"Alright then. We'll go."
"Great."
"Just let me get changed."
Cattleya went to her room. Haru was about to leave himself, when he saw Plue trot to the cellar door. He motioned for his master to follow him down.
"Oh no Plue." Haru said, knowing where this was leading. "We don't need that for this little trip."
Still the creature kept calling. And a sensation of apprehension crept over the boy. "Do we?"
Maybe better safe than sorry.
Plue opened the door with his nose and led the way down the stairs. Haru moved down and headed immediately for the back of the room. The floor consisted of floorboards, and Haru deftly reached down and removed a small square of it away, revealing an empty space. He then took a small key out of his pocket and placed it in a hidden hole at the foot of the space. Another hole was revealed, with a small wooden box within. Another smaller key was used and the box opened, allowing Haru to remove the precious object within.
A small crystal, cut in the shape of a sword. It looked like a cheap trinket, but only a few knew of it's true power
The Rave stone was attached to a thin chain, which Haru placed around his neck. He replaced his box. Then he walked to the wall and picked up his sword, the fantastic Eisonmeteor.
Strapping it to his back, he couldn't help but feel foolish. He was only going to see his old friends. He didn't need all this firepower. Still, it was nice to know the Rave would still be in his sight.
"Haru! Are you ready yet?"
"Coming."


One short ride to Punk City later, Haru, Cattleya and Plue stood before the apartment building where Musica had made his home.
"Are you sure he's in?" Cattleya asked.
"I'll run up and check. Wait here."
"Hurry up. I need to go.
Haru entered the building, and took the lift up to what he thought was Musica's floor. He stared at the doors.
"Arrgh. Which one did he say it was again?"
He then heard a loud bang, followed by a scream from behind a door. "GRIFF, YOU PRICK!!!
Haru sighed. That one.
He knocked on the door. As soon as it opened, a two-foot high blue blob, with large lips and skinny arms, jumped at him and grabbed his shirt. "HELP!! He's trying to kill me!!"
Musica entered the doorway, looking mush the same as Haru last saw him. Tall but well built, spiky black hair, and his usual cool demeanour. Except right now, that cool demeanour was replaced with pure rage. He held aloft his trademark weapon, the Silver Staff.
"Buddy, get out of the way! This is between me and the blob."
Haru pulled Griff off his face. "Hold up! It's me!"
Musica instantly calmed down, seeing his old friend again. "Hey Haru! Great to see you man."
He reverted the staff to its necklace form. "Well, come in."
"Wait, let me call my sister." Haru leaned out of the hall window. "Hey sis! He's here! Come on up!"
He and Plue entered Musica's small apartment, which also served as his workshop. In the far corner, where he worked on his designs, the benches and machinery were all coated in black soot.
"What happened in here?"
Musica took two cold fruit drinks from his fridge. "Oh nothing. Mr Productivity over there just overloaded my furnace, that's all!" He pointed accusingly at Griff, who stood meekly by the entrance.
"I was just trying to get all your orders for the week finished today. Excuse me for trying to give you some free time."
"Griff, how many times must I tell you? This is an art. You can't rush art."
"Try telling that to the pottery store down the road. You know how many pots they turn out in a day?"
Musica sighed. "I'm not interested. Just clean this mess up."
As Griff shuffled to the broom, Musica gave Haru a drink, and was about to speak when a knock on the door was heard.
"Oh what now!?" Already stressed, He stomped to the door and flung it open. "What?"
His voice left him when his eyes locked on to the stunning woman who stood in the entrance. Long black hair pulled in a ponytail, a superbly trim figure, and kind, bright eyes. He stood there dumbly, taken aback by the appearance of this goddess.
She seemed surprised by him too, and looked at him intently before speaking. "Erm, are you Musica?"
His voice regained, Musica stuttered. "Y-Y-Yeah. That's me."
"Well hello. I'm Cattleya, Haru's sister. Can I come in?"
"What? Er.. sure." He let her enter, his mind reeling. She was Haru's sister?
Catt looked around the room. "Haru tells me you're a silver blacksmith. You work here?"
Musica positioned himself in front of the mess Griff was trying to sweep up. "Yes miss, I do. Best in the city." He gave his best grin. Griff waved from behind him.
"Oh, you're the sister Haru mentioned." He stretched his arm over to Cattleya. "I'm Griff. Nice to meet cha!
Slightly taken aback, Cattleya shook the skinny arm. "Thank you Griff." She blushed slightly. "Listen, I know this is improper, but could I use your toilet?"
"Of course!" Musica interjected. "Griff, show her where it is.
As Griff and Cattleya exited, Musica approached Haru, who had sat on the couch for the whole exchange.
"Goddammit Glory, why didn't you tell me your sister was a babe!!?"
"Why would I have to?" Haru retorted.
"You know how I get around women."
"What are you insinuating!?"
Sensing a fight, Plue jumped between the two and barked at them. Catt and Griff returned.
"What's going on in here?" She asked, noting the two men were staring each other down.
Musica smiled. "Nothing. Take a seat. Griff, back to work."
"Yeah, yeah."
Griff returned to his broom, while Musica handed Cattleya a drink. He settled down on a chair.
"So, what brings you two here? Lost the Rave stones already?"
Haru ignored the joke. "Tell me Musica, have you seen those stones they put in the museum yesterday? The ones with the strange writing on them?"
"Hell yeah. Saw them yesterday. Why do you ask?"
The Rave master looked slightly uncomfortable, rubbing his hands. "I found out that yesterday, Elie was at that show."
Musica's eyes popped wide. "You're kidding! Really?"
"Really." Cattleya handed him the photo.
He looked at it, rather bemused. "Wow. I must have just missed her. Only, why would she be in a museum? I thought casinos were more her thing."
"She's the only one who can read that language, remember?" Haru asserted. "I figure she's trying to find an answer to her past."
"And you think she might be there today?" Musica caught on.
"They're big stones. It would take her a while to read them all the way around." He stood up. "I just thought you should know. We're going to the museum now, would you like to come?"
"Hell yeah! I haven't seen Elie in a year. It'll be great to see how she's doing."
Catt gestured for the door. "Then lets go now."
Musica's heart jumped slightly at the thought of spending a day with this babe. As the trio moved to leave, He told Griff "Could you have this place cleaned up before we get back?"
"Yes sir."
As the door shut, Griff sighed. Now doubt his boss was smitten again. But with the Rave Master's sister? This was going to be very interesting.


"Okay, I'll head to the stones and see if she's there. You two look around the rest of the place. We'll meet in two hours." Haru instructed excitedly.
"Uh…sure." Cattleya said, bemused by her brother's enthusiasm. Haru and Plue ran off into the bowels of the museum. Leaving her alone with Musica.
She cast a look at the tall man, who was just outside the entrance, finishing off a cigarette. She'd seen the pictures, hadn't known what to expect from the real thing. She certainly hadn't expected a man so handsome and refined in figure, he made every actor she ever fancied look redundant. And apart from the smoking, he seemed a charming and suave fellow.
He walked it, flicking the butt away. Joining Cattleya, he asked "So, what do want to see first?"
She smelt a faint smell of smoke on his breath and wrinkled her nose. "You know, that's a filthy habit."
"Yeah, but its my habit."
"They put ammonia in those things."
He shrugged, not really interested. "So?"
"You know, ammonia is also found in dog poop.
As his eyes widened and he made gagging noises, Cattleya giggled. He looked at her.
"I'm glad I amuse you." Wiping his mouth.
"Sorry, it was just how you overreacted."
Musica didn't stay angry for long. It fact, he was quite pleased he had made her laugh. It seemed to make her warm to him.
"Do you want to see the weapons exhibit? They've got some weapons from my ancestors in there."
"Sure." They walked down the marbled halls, Cattleya feeling a bit diminutive, as she was shadowed in the presence of this tall man. She noticed that Musica seemed to have a nervous look in his eyes. And it seemed to increase whenever she bumped her arm next to him as they walked. What was with him?
They reached a wall of glass display cases, which held a dazzling number of metal and silver weapons. Swords, halbards, knives, everything a warrior would need, each catching the light from the windows, and reflecting it with a series of white pinpricks of light.
"Wow!" Cattleya breathed in awe
"You know, in the olden days, silver was regarded a holy metal, and thus, knights thought having a silver weapon was the only way they could kill dragons or whatever. Its also extremely good for channelling magic" Musica said knowingly.
"Did your family make weapons in that time?"
"Yep. See that sword there?" He pointed toward a large, rapier like sword. "T hat was made by our first silversmith, Valgas Musica. And since then, the trade has been passed down from generation to generation."
Cattleya listen in rapture. The way he told it made it sound very noble. "Any other family members who do the same work?"
His eyes went downcast. A frown commanded his face.
"My family are dead." His voice was monotone.
"What?"
He continued with his head bowed. "They were all killed by the Demon Card."
She gasped. She had hoped never to bring those evil terrorists up in a conversation ever again. She winced at the pain etched on his face. Losing a mother was bad, but a whole family?
"I'm sorry. Didn't mean to put a damper on things." He apologised.
She took his hand, hoping to extend some comfort. "I understand. I lost my parents to Demon Card too. My mother was killed by some dealer. And according to Haru, my dad sacrificed himself in order to save him."
His face brightened. "Hey, I met your dad for a few days, back when I was with Haru and Elie."
Her eyes widened. "You met him?"
"Yeah. That guy could swing a sword like no other. Easy to see where Haru gets it from."
Cattleya felt slightly jealous. She had so few memories of her father.
"Maybe I could tell you more about him over lunch." The silversmith suggested, his disposition a lot brighter.
Cattleya smiled. "That sounds great."
As they walked off, she noticed she was still holding his hand.


"And here is our latest attraction, the mysterious rune stones. These stones, about 200 hundred years old, are inscripted with the strange language…"
The guide droned on, but Haru took no notice. The stones had been placed in the centre of the museum, a large oval room where the latest exhibits were displayed. Despite the large space, it was filled to capacity with onlookers and tourists, all eager to see the latest mystery regarding the strange language.
He had no trouble seeing the stones from the back of the room, where he was squeezed in. They were each the size of a small car laid on its front end, and covered with the meticulously complex text on all sides. Seeing them close up, he thought they were very impressive. But this massive throng meant he couldn't locate the person he was looking for.
He needed another vantage point. He recalled that he had seen a bench on the other side of the room, and was about to shove through the crowd, when Plue, who was hiding in his jacket, pointed downwards, at the space between the patron's feet.
Haru sighed. This wasn't dignified, but at least he wouldn't make a scene by shoving through. He dropped to all fours and started crawling. It didn't take him long before he had no idea where he was going.
"Great idea Plue." He fumed to himself. He ducked around an elderly couple's legs, then, before he knew it, crashed into a solid object. Looking up, He saw the thing he had hit was a pair of legs. A very slender pair, obviously a female's. He was about to turn around when the guide called out. "Okay, now if you follow me, we'll check out classic sculptures.
Every single leg started moving, jostling and bumping against him in a veritable wave of flesh, one even crushing his fingers. Out of instinct, he grabbed the legs in front of him and clung on for dear life. The stomping around him continued.
Then, all was silent. Everyone had left the room. It was just him, Plue and whoever was the owner of the legs he was holding. Feeling like a fool, he looked up at the owner, hoping to apologise.
And lost his breath.
A stunningly beautiful girl of eighteen, with a slim body adorned with lush curves in the right places, cocked her head down to meet his gaze. Her bright amber eyes, framed by the dark blond hair, stared in amazement. They kept their gaze on him for several minutes, before they glistened with tears.
"Haru…" The voice trembled.
Then she grabbed his coat, pulled him upward and embraced him in a bear hug. "It's you! It's really you!"
Haru struggled for breath, but a smile adorned his face. A year ago, he had met her in a casino in the same fashion. By grabbing her legs. She'd regarded him a pervert then.
Now she cried, happy to have met her friend again.
The feeling was mutual. He placed his arms around her, pleased that he'd found Elie at last.