Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 8: Pending Revelation ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

RAVE

Disclaimer: I don't own Rave. Just borrowing its characters for a while.

_______________________________________________________________ ___

Chapter 8: Pending Revelation

Haru got two cards and placed them on the table just beside Plue's nose.

"Ace, three."

Plue then pulled its nose from the table then jumped on the ground. It was then carried by Elie as she and Melodia silently watched the beginning of the game.

"I wanna join them...," Elie softly spoke.

"Eh?" Melodia sweatdropped.

"Gambling looks so fun..."

"Bluff!" Lucia replied, but Haru just smirked at him connoting that his answer is wrong. Lucia's teeth gritted but eventually he complied with the set rules--he got the first two cards and drank a shot of vodka. Afterwards, it's his turn.

"Both are fours."

After thinking for a moment, Haru answered, "Bluff."

"Hah! You're wrong!"

With that, Haru also took the cards and had a shot. Now, both of them were equal.

Half an hour had already passed but still there was no winner yet. Neither one of them was very drunk for they are still awake and neither of them can really be called lucky because the game seemed like they were only exchanging equal number of cards with each other.

Lucia loudly placed the glass on the table, his eyes looking a bit drowsy.

"I'll win this *hic* for sure!"

"You wish!" The other replied in an obscure tone.

Elie, seeing and hearing them, felt a bit cautious about the situation. They were fighting because of her, and knowing this, she didn't want to be a burden for the two of them. This seemed very nonsensical, so she had to put an end to it.

"Lucia-san, are you alright?" Julius checked on him as he went nearer to his 'superior' companion.

"I said don't call me Lucia-san!!!" The hot-headed blond shouted with a matching punch on Julius' 'beautiful' face. The latter fell on the ground with a bleeding nose.

"Hey! That's too much already!" Haru cried as he barely tried to stand.

Lucia helped himself to stand up too and then abruptly grabbed Haru's collar.

"What do you *hic* care?!"

"Lucia, please...," Elie said in a worried tone. But Lucia didn't let go.

"Can you please stop this nonsense now!" Finally, she shouted.

The boys looked at her. Her eyes were teary but looked tough.

"I'm fed up with this! Can't you realize that I'm the one who's getting affected with the things you're trying to do?!"

"Puuun..."

Melodia placed her hand on Elie's shoulder and tried to comfort her.

Haru didn't know what to do or say to her. He felt like he can't move, even if his mind told him to do so. He tried to look at her for a split-second. She was being led to a bench by Melodia. He felt a great guilt shrouding his heart.

But Lucia was tough. Probably because the vodka had gotten into him, that instead of feeling guilt, he felt more anger.

"Excuse me, excuse me...," The headteacher uttered as he passed through the frenzy crowd towards Haru. He somehow noticed the commotion occurring between the group.

"Glory!"

"Mr. Sieghart!" He got surprised as he watched the headteacher brisk-walking his way towards them.

Sieghart groped at the table between Haru and Lucia. The bottle of vodka was lessened in half, and cards were scattered on the ends.

He looked suspiciously at the two of them. "What's the meaning of this, Glory? Have you forgotten that gambling is forbidden in school?"

"Sorry, sir. But we couldn't think of better way to settle this other than beating up each other..."

"Settle what?" The blue-haired man turned to look at Lucia who was then keeping still. "Rareglove, do you have any explanations for this?"

But all of a sudden, Lucia raised his fist and jabbed Sieghart!

"Baka! What the heck are you doing?!" Haru cried as he tried to hold Lucia away from their teacher. He was fidgeting at first but gradually he stopped.

"Rareglove! You're suspended!" Sieghart stated furiously as he swept the blood from his lips.

"Um...sir, Lucia's asleep," Haru informed.

He just scratched his head in annoyance and asked Haru to wait for a while as he was to call someone.

Haru then leaned Lucia on the trunk of a tree near them.

He sighed. "Jeez, he was the one who made the rules and yet he wasn't prepared that he'll lose!" He looked at the blond boy and reflected on what he had just said.

"Lose, huh? Does that mean he's going to give up on Elie now?"

Haru turned back to look for her but was provoked when Sieghart came with two other men.

"Please pardon the young master. We'll take him home now," one of the men (who seemed to be as Rareglove bodyguards) in tux bowed at Haru before assisting the sleeping Lucia to walk. Sieghart and Haru then bid them goodbye and intermitted until they were out of sight.

"You're pretty lucky tonight, Glory," the blue-haired teacher complimented. "I'll be kind for now. I'm not gonna suspend you unlike that brat..."

"Really?" Haru was wide-eyed in delight. The older one smiled at him.

"Just behave yourself, Glory. And I suggest that you try to avoid Rareglove 'cause-"

"Sieg!!!!"

A shrill voice of a woman cried out loud as she dashed her way to the surprised man.

"Hey, it's the secretary!" Haru sweatdropped.

The lime-haired lady locked Sieghart's arm with hers and urged him to come with her.

"Ms. Shiba's gonna end this event in while. You should be there to hear his speech!" Reina reasoned as she continued pulling him away.

"Okay, okay! Will you please let go of my arm now?!" He replied in vexation.

Haru only remained quiet as he watched the head-teacher's struggle against the flirty secretary. He had to admit that it was rather ridiculous to see them...but wait. The party's gonna end soon!

= = = = = = = = = =

"Thank you to everyone who attended this special day's celebration. Thank you also for finding time to share with me the joy I am now feeling..."

"Heck, why can't he just end this thing a 'little' shorter?" Musica complained but Melodia nudged him. Elie, who was just beside her friend, only smiled at their antics.

The ash-haired boy walked nearer to the crowd to hear the principal's talk much clearer. But that wasn't exactly the reason why. He was bothered by what had happened a while ago and thought that Elie was still mad at him. He wanted to see her to speak to her about it.

"...once again, I hope you enjoyed this evening. Goodnight everyone!"

After the last word was spoken, the principal exited the stage as the crowd gave him an applause of appreciation.

= = = = = = = = = =

The exit gate of the school was promptly filled by students who are about to go home. The music was silenced and all the fancy lights were turned off leaving the flourescent lamps to brighten the way of the decreasing crowd.

"Bye! I'll be seeing you on Monday!" said Musica as he waved goodbye to Melodia and Elie. "Please just tell Haru that I've left already if you see him. Jaa!" With that, the Musica rode his motorcycle and drove off.

The two girls were left standing still near the gate's one end.

"Just a sec, Elie. I need to go to the bathroom. Wait for me, okay?"

Elie nodded as she walked away.

Alone for the moment, the brown-haired girl sighed in relief that the 'crazy' night was almost over. She watched the other students greet their friends goodbye and got reminded that Musica asked them to tell Haru that he had gone. Elie thought to look for Haru while waiting. She abruptly turned around and then...

"H-Haru!"

She was surprised to see Haru standing right behind her!

"Since when did you get here? I didn't even feel that you were already behind me--" Her speech was interrupted upon seeing his uncheerful expression.

"I'm sorry."

Elie pondered for a while about what he had just said. Why did he apologize...?

"I'm sorry. We didn't realize how much you're getting bothered with our useless games and petty fights. I know Lucia would also say this if he weren't drunk so...we're sorry."

Elie giggled a little. "Yeah, you're both like kids fighting over something! But honestly, I really don't know why Lucia always picks up a fight with you. I mean, why you?"

"Probably because..."

Her eyebrows met in curiosity.

"...because he knows that..."

"That what?"

Haru was beginning to sweat queerly and he was feeling tension flowing in his body...until he continued,

"...that I lik--"

"Haru! Elie!" Melodia called out as she ran to them. Haru's line was cut-short while Elie's momentum was ruined.

"Thanks for waiting, Elie. By the way Haru, Musica asked us to tell you that he has left."

"O-oh," the boy stammered.

Melodia then noticed the two's faces as if they didn't catch an important something.

"Hey guys, is there anything I missed?"

"Uh--none! Nothing important! Hehe...," Haru uttered hoping to lessen Melodia's interest.

"Okay. Well then, let's go home now," The brunette suggested as she headed outside the school premises. Haru and Elie followed her but were a little bit hesitant. Elie secretly looked at Haru several times, still bothered by what he was trying to say.

END OF CHAPTER 8

Comments? Just email me:

micchan_18@yahoo.com

All C&C are welcome.