Gundam 08th MS Team Fan Fiction ❯ Karasu (Raven) ❯ Rain ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Third chappie! Gee, this fic is gonna be long, the pacing being so slow and all, and for once, I would like some reviews. Also, all bad reviews will go towards making future versions (if there are gonna be any) of this story, and other fics, better. Oh, and another note; even though it may not seem like it now, this fic is VERY LOOSELY based off of the true story of Sasaki Sadako. If you know the story, well, I might have just spoiled the ending of this fic, if you don't, well, I'm not gonna spoil it for you ^_~

Mornings in the Sakhalin house were never that far from ordinary, except for that they were one of the most prominent families on Side 3, and maybe also that Ayna and Ghinius' parents were both gone. So now they were raised largely by the families retainer, Norris Packard. Norris would wake the children, though sometimes, one might not be so willing to get up.

"Miss Ayna, its time to get up," Norris said as he turned on Ayna's light.

"Do I have to?" the ten-year-old replied "school's boring and I'm so sleepy," she mumbled as she dragged herself out of bed, making her way downstairs for breakfast. Her brother was already up and fully dressed.

"Ghin, how come your already dressed and up so early?" she asked,

"Well Ayna, you would be too if you woke up at two in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep," he replied playfully.

"Sir, your medication," Norris reminded Ghinius.

"God, how long do I have to keep taking this crap,"

"As long as your doctor says,"

"Better get off it soon, its a hassle," he replied, choking down the cocktail of pills. He had been no stranger to the medical world. Ghinius' health problems started early, being born premature. When he was nine, he came down with a bad case of rheumatic fever, which lasted on and off until he was fifteen. He was also small for his age until then, when, as Ayna says, he "Growed like a weed."

"Sir, you might want to walk to school, the doctor says you need some fresh air," Norris staited.

"That's what I was planning to do," He replied, heading out the door.

******

The rest of the day was typical,and Ghinius was walking home, when he ran into Sakura.

"Oh, it's you again, Sakura," He said, slightly suprised.

"Um, hi, I guess," She replied nervously.

"Want to walk with me?"

"I guess,"

"There you go again, Little-Miss-Antisocial,"

"I'm not that shy, am I?"

"Yes you are, but your getting better. You didn't tell me to go away," He said, hoping to cheer her up, "hey, do you have any off those origami models with you?"

"Yes I do, Ghinius," She answered, pulling an intricately folded dragon out of her backpack.

"Wow, that pretty delicate looking, how difficult was it to make?"

"High-intermediate, which means it was pretty difficult,"

"Fascinating," He said, not noticing the clouds gathering. Small drops of rain began to fall.

"Looks like it's starting to rain," Said the blond.

"Oh no," She said, trying to put her dragon away, "And where I live is pretty far,"

"Well, you'll just have to come to my house," He answered, "Run, or you'll get soaked,"

The two ran as fast as they could, and when they reached the gates to the Sakhalin mansion, they were both soaking wet. Ghinius opened the door, only to find Ayna staring back at him.

"Got caught in the rain, Big Brother?" She questioned, and then noticed Sakura, "Hey, who's that, your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend, she's just a girl from school. I was walking with her from school, when the rain started, and she lives further away from here, so, I guess she's going to stay until the rain stops," He explained. They both entered, dripping water all over the tile floor.

"Well, looks like we'll have to change clothes," Ghinius said to Sakura, "and I thought colony life wasn't supposed to be so unpredictable,"

"Well, what can I wear," Sakura asked.

"You can wear some of my clothes, I'm not that much bigger than you, and I could put your clothes in the dryer, so you can wear them when the rain stops,"

"Well, thank you. I probably need to call the group home to tell them I'll be late,"

"Well, you'd better change first. Don't want to get water all over the floor,"

"Right," She said as she followed him to his room. When they got there, he dug threw his dresser and found her an old shirt and some shorts.

"Thank you, but, um, what about my, um, you know, undergarments?" She began to blush very heavily at this.

"Oh, um, sorry, I guess you'll just have to keep those on. Unless, of course you want to where mine or Aynas, which would be too small,"

"I'll take the first option,"

"Well, you'll have to leave while I change, or, since I have a bathroom in my room, I could change in there while you change in the room, or vice-versa,"

"Well, okay, but don't peep,"
"Same to you," He replied teasingly as he walked into the bathroom and shut the door. Sakura didn't start to change immediately though; being curious, she began to look around Ghinius' room.

"Gee, it's so big and fancy," She thought, admiring his room, "I haven't had my own room in years, and he probably gets everything he wants," She started to change, when she heard him ask "Hey Sakura, are you done changing?"

"Nope, not yet," She said as she finished, "now I am."

He walked out the bathroom to find her changed into his old clothes. Then, the odd feeling came over him again, but this time, it was mixed with another emotion: love. He wondered if maybe he was falling for her, and if he was, what would he tell Renee? He never really loved Renee in the first place, why he was going out with her he didn't know, should he dump her? Questions flew through his mind at a million miles per hour.

"I think I should call the group home now," Sakura interrupted Ghinius' thoughts, "where is the phone?"

"There's one in the kitchen," He replied, "I'll take you to it," He led her to the kitchen, where Ayna was eating dinner.

"Hey, aren't those your clothes she's wearing?"

"Hers and mine were wet, so I put them in the dryer,"

"Oooh, you like her,"

"He only likes me as a friend," Sakura said, "Ghinius, what relation is she to you?" She whispered.

"She's my sister, her name's Ayna," Just then, Norris walked in and noticed Sakura.

"Sir, who is she, and why is she in your clothes?" He asked.

"She's his giiiiiirlfriend," Ayna interrupted.

"Ayna, shut up, she's not my girlfriend, she's a girl from school who I was walking with and we both got caught in the rain and had to change. Our clothes are in the dryer," Ghinius explained, "Hey Sakura, you want anything to eat?" He asked.

"No thank you, I'm fine,"

"What about the phone?"

"Oh yes, couldn't forget that," She said as she walked over to the phone and began to dial.

"Who's she calling?" Ayna questioned.

"None of your business, now be quiet, she's on the phone,"

Sakura talked on the phone for a few minutes, explaining the situation. Afterwards, she hung up and turned to Ghinius.

"It's still raining," She commented

"Yeah, that's colony life for you. Try to make things as unpredictable as earth," He replied, "Say, you want to go back to my room, listen to some music or something?"

"Well, okay,"

"Sir, don't forget to take your medication at seven," Norris interrupted.

"I won't," He said as he and Sakura walked to his room.

"Ghinius, who was he?" Sakura asked.

"That's Norris. He looks after us since our parents are gone. Don't worry, he always acts like that," He said as he opened the door to his room, "so, what do you want to do?"

"What kind of music do you have?"

"Well, mostly some really old stuff," He said as he popped a Nirvana CD into the player.

"What's that you put in?"

"Nirvana, it's some really old stuff, but it's good," He said as the player launched into "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

"It's a little loud,"

"It's supposed to be, it's rock, but if it's too loud I'll turn it down,"

"No, it's okay. I kind of like it, actually,"

"Well anyway, what's this about a group home, you live in one?"

"Yes I do, remember, my parents are dead, so I live in one,"

"Why do you go to my school then?"

"Well, when I turned sixteen, I inherited my parents money. I wanted to get a good education, so I got permission to go,"

"Looks like the rain stopped," Ghinius said, looking out the window, "I bet your clothes are dry too," He went to go check, "they are,"

"Good," She said as he handed her the clothes. He left the room while she changed, and when she came out, wished her goodbye as she walked out the door.

"Bye," He said as she left.

"Bye,"

"Bye Ghinius' new girlfriend," Ayna said, butting in.

"Ayna, quiet," He replied. He looked up to see if Sakura was still there, but she was gone.

Well, this has been the longest chapter yet, I think. I hope the characters aren't to OOC. If they are, put it in your review. Remember, comments can also go to Androidraptor@aol.com. ARIGATOU!!!!!