Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Parellell ❯ prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reflections: Prologue

Title: Reflections

Author: gundam06serenity

Rating: pg13

Type/ Genre: Angst, Romance, action/ Adventure, X-over

Disclaimer: I do not own gundam wing, YuGiOh, Zoids, sailor scouts, beyblade, DBZ, or, erm, anything else……..

Pairings: 1x5 HxN DxR SxU 3x4 13x2x6 and other pairings later

Warnings: may be slightly OOC, NOT A DEATH FIC!!!!! Unusual pairings, may be slightly AU (dates changed, slight changes to the plot)

X-over with YuGiOh, Beyblade, Harry Potter (may be) Lord of the Rings and Dragon Ball Z. may also have other characters from other Anime's, all of which will be slightly AU or OOC

Summary: At the end of the war, after the Eves war and the Mariemaia incident, he just disappeared. Poof!. Just like that. They assumed he needed time for old wounds to heal, to replace the mask, to get over the fact that they had all paired off. That was almost two years ago. Now, restless, worried, and anxious, the remaining four pilots search desperately for their missing comrade; two furious, one sorrow-filled, one indifferent, all four filled with regret. The only ones with the answers are not telling. The group cannot stand this life, this peace. They were not trained for it, not prepared. They need change, freedom, new challenges, and, more importantly, to find the missing member of the group; the compassionate one, the one who kept their hopes up, the spirit of the group, their soul, the one with the best mask, when one who allowed no-one to get close, the prankster, the jokester of the group, the braided baka; Duo.

Authors note: If I have gotten any details wrong please tell me. Please R&R. thank-you! Can I ask a question? Is Une and Middi the same person, or not? Thanks!

"" = Speech

// = Thought

* * = Pov or scene change

Please, please review!

` …..The war has finally ended!' were the reporters final words, drowned out by the deafening cheers, fireworks and celebrations. The Eve's war had ended, as had the Mariemaia incident. Great parties were being held thorough the Earth and the colonies. This particular party was being held at the one of the ex-queen of the world, vice foreign minister Relena Darlin-Peacecraft's many estates, in Sanq.

Everything was as it should be, the perfect, story-book/ fairy tale happy ending; all of them had paired off; Quatre and Trowa, Hildi and Noin, Sally and Une, surprisingly, Relena and Dorothy, and, most surprisingly of all, Heero and Wufei.

No one even noticed the broken look of despair in his eyes. Unknown to the others, his heart was slowly but surely breaking, having already been shattered by three simple acts; a mobile suit battle, the explosion of Peacemillion, and an announcement.

* Duo's Pov *

No one notices as I turn to leave, slipping out into the gardens, his gardens, unable to bear this any longer. The pain is still too great, the wounds still too fresh; the mask is ready to break.

It's tearing me apart, trying to keep going, trying to keep going, trying to keep up this façade; they don't know me, they never have, never will. They only saw what they wanted to se, nothing more, nothing less; the jokester, the prankster, the screw-up, loud-mouthed, lazy, braided-baka. They never even attempted to see behind the mask, not like they did.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for them. Poor Quat was so nervous during the war, terrified that Tro wouldn't remember, wouldn't come back to him. And Trowa, scared of rejection, that Q would find another more worthy of his love, his words, not mine.

Dorothy and Rel was no-surprise, well, not to me, anyway. The other guy's almost had a heart attack! `Lena and I came to an understanding long ago, and are actually really good friends.

I was just s happy for Hild and Noin, glad that they'd finally managed to find peace.

Sally and Une I'd also guesses `bout. Une's one of the few who could see behind the mask. The whole love-hate thing? Ya know, she'd order me beaten to a pulp on national T.V; I'd hack into whichever base's mainframe she was staying at and download chibi DeathsytheHell, Tallgease II and Epyon humping screensavers onto every computer on the base? Well, it was all an act. Une's really a nice, if slightly psychotic person, well, at times anyway; mostly, she's an angel. She's just protective of those she cares about.

But Heero and Wufei…..that one, well, was not expected…. I have got to go, got to get away, before I do something I might regret.. Scratch that, there's no-way in Shinigami's name I'd ever regret killing those murdering bastards, but, it's not what They would have wanted….my lovers, my heart and soul…..

It may or may not be a bit of a surprise to you, but, yes, I am gay. That's right, I, Duo Lucifer Maxwell (hey, I didn't want ta be the only one without a middle-name! I like the name Lucifer; it makes me feel closer to shinigami!) am as straight as Soldier-boy and Wuffers.

Being gay's not, or rather, wasn't the problem…. it's who I fell for…..

Treize Kushrenada and Milliado Peacecraft, aka Zechs Marquise. Hot as hell, charming, suave, honourable, drop-dead gorgeous, sexy, muscular, tall..Where was I going with this? Ah, yea, and, the enemy.

They felt so guilty, Treize especially. They wanted the war to end as much as we did, if not, even more.

We tried everything; Treize arranged peace-talks with the colonies, Zechs, the fight in the Artic with Heero, Shi, I even tried suggesting it to the guys and doctors that Oz wasn't as bad as we had thought. Nothing worked. I should have known they'd pull a stupid stunt like that! They sacrificed themselves. They had to be bloody martyrs, didn't they? U could have stopped them, saved them. There had to have been another way, damn it! There had to….Treize LET Wufei kill him, for Shi's sake! And Zechs, foolishly, saved Heero from the blast at the last minute, taking it with Epyon himself….

Damn it all! Why did they have to die? Why? Why did I survive, when they could not? Why not take me instead? Why does everyone I care for, who cares for me back, always have to leave me? To die? Why did you both leave me, Treize, Milliado? You promised we'd be together. Whatever happened, whatever the outcome of the war was…. You gave me your word….

* End of Duo's Pov *

Duo silently crept through the gardens, Milliado's gardens, he thought, coming to a halt in front of three rose bushes; one of red, Treize's rose, representing the blood men spilt for him, for his ideal, representing his love and passion for others, for life, for them. White roses, Milliado's rose, representing his loss of innocence, the chaos he had to suffer and live through at such a young age, the purity, still child-like curiosity and joy he only showed in private to those he completely trusted, to his two lovers. And black roses for Duo, representing his dark past, the death and destruction he had witnessed, and, the calmness and completeness he had felt with those he had loved, the beginning and end of all.

"Nothing lasts forever…" Duo whispered, reaching for two intertwined roses, one red, one white.

"You're leaving" a voice from behind stated quietly.

"Yes, I am." Duo sighed without turning around, already knowing who had come.

"Don't do anything stupid, it's not what Treize would have wanted," another voice said.

"Nor Milliado" a third added.

Turning, Duo forced a small, watery smile, for his real friends, the ones who had looked behind the mask, who he could truly trust; A tearful Relena, leaning on her partner, Dorothy, her eyes shining with unshed tears, trying to be strong for the slightly shorter blond. Une, spectacles gone, hair down, was freely crying, silent trails of blue pouring down her cheeks, and Sally, arms wrapped around the other blonde's waist, barely containing her own sobs.

"I know." Duo reassured them, s Relena glomped him, latching herself onto his side, sobbing into his black shirt quietly.

"I don't want you to leave, Duo! P-please don't go! I've already lost my brother, I don't want to l-lose you too!" she pleaded, clinging onto his, as if to make sure he was still there, to make sure he would no just disappear before her eyes, like her father and brother had done in recent months.

"Relena, it isn't fair of us to try and force Duo to stay. You lost your brother; the Earth and the Colonies know that, we know that, those who care for you know that, you can morn freely for him. Duo lost so much more; he lost both of his lovers, neither of which he can truly nor freely mourn like he needs to. His so-called friends and comrades have as good as abandoned and forgotten him. He needs time to heal before he can return to us," Dorothy quietly but firmly told her girlfriend, smiling at the braided ex-Deathsythe pilot.

"That's right, `Lena. Don't worry, it wont be forever; nothing lasts forever. I'll call or write, and I'll come and see ya some time, `Kay?" Duo quietly assured her.

"Do the others know that you're leaving?" Sally asked.

" *Sigh* No. I have left enough clues and there have been enough signs for them to have guessed. It doesn't matter anyway; they probably wont eve notice that I'm gone for a good few months; my guess is six. So me a favour, and call me when they do, ok Lena, Une?" Duo smiled slightly, handing each couple a scrap of paper with his mobile number on it.

" Here. You can contact me on this number at any time, all right? Don't give my number to anyone else, though, or I'll stop using it, and I'll stop all forms of contact. I just really can't face anyone else at the moment. I'll see you guys again soon, ok?" Duo hugged each of them, before turning and leaving, slipping into the shadows of the night.

Relena and the others turned back towards the party, hiding their tears and sorrows, knowing that no one would see behind their masks.

"How long do you think it will be before they notice that he is missing?" Sally asked, as they watched the remaining four pilots laugh and dance together, unaware of anything that was going on around them. "My guess is two days."

"Three weeks" Dorothy guessed " for all four of them to notice."

"A month, two at most" both Relena and Une predicted.

Six months later, each couple received a vid-call.

* * * * * * * *

* Ring-ring . Ring-ring. Ring-ring *

"Une, it's your turn to answer the vid" Sally yawned, burying her head under her pillow.

"I answered it the last time" Une grumbled, burrowing beneath the duvet.

It was four A.M, six months after the celebrations. Une was now the head of the Preventors, a group dedicated to preventing another catastrophic war such as the last one. Sally had joined as head of the medical division at the headquarters, in Sanq.

"I don't care. It's probably someone from the office." Sally moaned.

* Ring-ring. Ring-ring. RING-RING *

Relena was in the same position, head of the council (whatever the united earth-sphere alliance thing with the colonies), Dorothy, her new advisor.

The four gundam-pilots were currently in the process of joining the preventors, both Quatre and Trowa included.

After a few weeks heading WEI, Quatre had decided the position was not for him, and had, wisely, decided to leave his elder sister, Ira in charge. Trowa had also discovered circus life to be unfulfilling without his lover and had decided to give it all up for him.

"Fine, we'll answer it together. That way, if it's one of mine, we can fire them, and if it's one of yours, we can still fire them." They both decided, moaning, as they sat up; Sally's blond hair mussed, standing at very strange angles, Une Sleepily and groggily adorning the fear-bringing `spectacles of doom' as Duo had affectionately once dubbed them during the war.

"Hello?" they said in sleepy unison.

"Une, Sally, how nice to see you again! I trust you are well?" the cheerful voice of Quatre Raberba Winner asked chirpily, his partner, Trowa Barton, looming silently behind him.

"Quatre? It's…oh god, four in the morning?! I don't have to be up for a good hour yet. Why the hell are you calling at this time?!" Une asked, as Sally loudly `urged!', dropping back onto the bed, using her pillow as a teddy bear.

"Oh, I am so terribly sorry! I can call back at a more convenient time if you wish." Quatre apologised, as Sally resurfaced, chucking her pillow at the vid screen.

" Just hurry it up, Winner! I.NEED.SLEEP!"

"O-ok. Well, it's just that Trowa and I have received our Preventors schedules, and, well, Heero and Wufei are together, as are Trowa and I. I was just wandering who Duo's partner will be?"

" <Blink Blink Blink> Quatre, when was the last time you saw and or conversed with Duo?" Sally asked carefully, as Une began turning a fetching shade of magenta.

"Oh, um, well…..a few days, wait, no, …..Weeks ago? Um, well, I'm sue we've seen him around somewhere…which Preventor division is he with?" Quatre asked oblivious to the danger he was getting himself into.

Livid, Une snapped, "He isn't!"

"Pardon?" Quatre asked, slightly taken aback.

" I said that he isn't a preventor. Now, get off the line you selfish bastards, you're blocking the line for if someone important calls!" She growled, chucking her alarm clock at the vid-screens off button.

"Duo was tight. Six months. They didn't notice, at all." Une sighed, rubbing her temples, as Sally massaged her shoulders.

"He deserves so much better than this. I hope he can find peace."

* * * * * * * * * * *

"It's official. I. Hate. Parties!" Relena Peacecraft ground out, as her girlfriend, Dorothy Catolina helped her out of one of her many lavish ball gowns.

"Tehehe. Those are words I never thought I would hear you utter, Miss. Relena." Dorothy smirked, deeply kissing her.

* Ring-Ring. Ring-Ring. Ring-Ring. Ring-Ring *

"Nng!" Relena growled, breaking off their kiss as she walked towards the vid-phone.

"If that's another dignitary or politician, I swear I will kill someone. Slowly." Relena muttered, Dorothy murmuring her agreement.

"Hello, this is Relena Darlin-Peacecraft speaking, how may I help you?" She asked sweetly, wishing, for once, she could simply snap at whoever dared spoil her precious alone-tie with her beloved.

"Hn." the image of Heero Yui (is it Yui or Yuy?) grunted passively, the proud figure of Chang Wufei standing silently behind him.

"Peacecraft. Catolina." He greeted.

"Heero, Wufei! What do you want at this time of night-erm, morning?" Relena asked, glancing down at her watch.

"We have just received our Preventors schedules. We called to ask where Maxwell is currently being or will be stationed." Heero asked tonelessly.

" <Blink blink blink blink>" Relena began turning a fetching cherry-red. In an attempt to keep things safe for the ex-pilots, Dorothy stepped in.

"When was the last time you spoke to him?" She asked carefully.

"Onna, what kind of a stupid question is that? The braided idiot is always around somewhere, annoying the hell out of all who cross his path." Wufei ranted, pausing. "Um, Heero, when was the last time the baka called?"

"Hn… <translation: um…..I thought you knew……>"

"Onna, that is irrelevant! Where is Maxwell being stationed?" Wufei barked.

"HE ISNT!" Relena screamed.

"Wha-" Wufei and Heero openly gawped at her.

"Relena, remember your blood pressure" Dorothy warned.

"YO-YOU BASTARDS!!!! DUO WAS RIGHT TO LEAVE WHILE HE STILL COULD!!!" She screeched.

"Leave?" they both questioned, bewildered,

"DO NOT USE THIS LINE TO CONTACT EITHER OF US AGAIN!!!!" She shouted, slamming the `end call' button on the vid screen.

After a quick call to her secretary, telling her not to allow any of the pilots, bar Duo, to contact her on her personal line, Relena, shoulders shacking, finally calm, burst into tears.

"Sssh, Lena, it's ok." Dorothy soothingly said, hugging the sobbing girl.

"I-it's not o-ok. P-poor Duo! T-they didn't even notice that h-he'd left!" She wailed.

"I know, I know. Hopefully he will have found peace, and will have found people who can understand him and care for him like he truly deserves." Dorothy whispered, stroking the shorter blonds hair.

* * * * * * * * * *

* End of Prologue *

So, what do you think so far? Please review! Thank-you!