Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Separated At Birth? ❯ Coincidence ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Greetings fellow anime watchers I am the one they call Strider. Recently the phenomenal show Mobile Suit Gundam has been airing on The Cartoon Network and I have "discovered" some startling similarities between the show's main villain Char Aznabel and Gundam Wing's Zechs Merquise. When I first saw Char, I was reminded of Zechs and then I got to thinking about why I nearly mixed the two up and this is what I have to show. (If you ask me they used Char as a model for Zechs!)
1. Both Zechs and Char are the main enemy aces in their respective series. (In the beginning at least!)
2. Both wear seemingly custom-made red uniforms along with a white helmet that cover their eyes. (Yes I know that Char is actually wearing goggles but he does wear a white helmet!)
3. Neither man, (again in the beginning) ever removes their headgear in public. They seem to wear them at all times even in private. With one exception in Char's case as anyone who has watched the series can attest too.
4. Both have relatives', sisters actually, who serve on the opposite side of their own. Char and Sayla apparently, and duh, Zechs and Relena (I hate her, but that's another subject.)
5.Both pilot different types of mobile suits than their fellow soldiers. Char pilots a scarlet Zaku and Zechs flies in the Tallgeese and eventually the Epyon. Side note: Both also pilot progressively more powerful suits.
6.Both are defeated and or surprised by the power of the Gundams when they first encounter them.
7.They are close friends to the top brass in their respective organizations.
8. Both in their own way go against their leaders. Char probably could've saved Garma but chose not too, and well we all know what Zechs ended up doing.
9. Both have cool nicknames. Yes that one is weak but nicknames really are cool. I'm the Shadow Ace, oh yeah!
10. Both are, under the disguises, pretty boys or bishonen, I believe the term is.
11. Finally both are using assumed names. I'm positive that Char Aznabel is not his actual name. My evidence you ask? Sayla tells Bright his true name, which I heard is Casval Rem Deikun. Creepy!
12. Both Zechs and Char are related to some form of royalty. Sanq Kingdom for Zechs and The original principality for Char.
13. At one point in their careers they both team up with their rival pilot. Zeta Gundam if you didn't know for Char and Amuro.
14. I heard that Zechs and Char have the same U.S. voice actor: Brian Drummond
These are the only ones I could come up with off the top of my head and I think I did a good job. However if anyone can think of any others that I missed feel free to tell me and I'll gladly add it to the list. R+R


I would like to thank the following people for contributing to this study (list) Jerrod the Lone Outlaw, Slim Gohan, A.K.A. Anonymous. Thanks Again!