Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing/Tenchi Muyo: Time of Discovery ❯ The Aftermath ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Gundam Wing / Tenchi Muyo

Time of Discovery

Disclaimer
1.I don’t own either Tenchi Muyo and Gundam Wing so don’t sue me
2.And as always Review please and I’m open to suggestions
3.Part of this chapter is durning the last part of Gundam Wing Ep. 49 ‘Final Victor’ through Zechs eyes.

Chapter 5
The Aftermath

Zechs moved swiftly across the place. He had early meeting with the advisors to discuss matters of planetary security. Though he didn’t completely understand what the workings of Juri he could fake it very well being the prince of the Sanc kingdom, Milardo Peacecraft. Ever since finding him stranded on this planet five months ago, with only a beam saber and a maroon colored shield. Soon this will all be over, Noin I’ll will return to you. He thought as he entered the chamber.

“Good morning sire. I trust your rest was peaceful.” Said one of the ministers.

Faithful idiots you're to loyal for own good. Zechs thought before answering, “Yes thank you. Shall we get started then.” Gesturing toward the table.

“As you wish your majesty.” Another minister said moving toward the table.

They all sat down Zechs called the meeting to order. The first minister stood, “The first order of business.”….

An hour later the meeting came to a close. Zechs headed toward his private chamber in which only he, Vay-8 and Mericous are admitted. Mericous when you get back you will be delt with. He though as he made a mental note to himself. He told his guard, “When Mericous’s ship arrives send him to me.” With that said he enter his private chamber.

When he closed the door Zechs let down his Milardo Peacecraft facade. Though Milardo was his birth name he has only been calling himself that for only a few months. He laid down on the bed as he remembered what happened during the final moments of the battle on Liberia…

…Flashback…

“Why didn’t you kill me?” He asked from the cockpit of the Gundam Epyon has he looked upon Wing Zero.

Heero’s voice came threw on the other end of the comm, “Because Relena would be sad.” With that Zero Walked away

Zechs was shocked at what he heard; He spared me because of Relena.

Suddenly a Quatre’s comm to Heero came through on a open channel. “Heero the block is still falling toward earth. Do you understand?”

His eyes widened; It’s still falling! Zero should be almost out of ammo. What is he going to do self-destruct? Through the head camera view screen he saw Zero head toward the core and ponders; What would happen if I survive and return to Relena and tell her that Heero died saving the world. It would be the same as if Heero killed me in battle. I must sacrifice myself instead of Heero. With that he kicked Epyon’s engines to full and headed toward the core.

Heero was about to activate Zero’s self-destruct device. When Epyon pushed Zero aside and broke Comm silence, ”There is one more thing required for total peace, someone with a pure heart to empathize with the people. You’re too pure and that gives you the right to live. But I, I will live the life of a warrior to the fullest,” Epyon ramped it’s beam saber into the core of the block, “Until we meet again Heero.” The flash of the core disabled the comm. Everthing went black.

Zechs woke up laying on the ground. His outfit was different than before and he noticed that he had a broad beam saber and sheild with a heat rod in it. What happened to me. He thought as he looked around, the sounding area was covered in trees, trees big enough to house people. What kind of planet is this. Finally he saw a person in the far off distance walking toward him. “Excuse me sir but tell me what planet am I on?” He asked as the approaching person got closer.

“I thought that you would know Zechs.” The young man said.

“Heero? What are you doing here.” Zechs asked in shock as he saw that the young boy standing in front of him looked like Heero Yuy.

“I may look like Heero but I’m one of the Mericous Mobile Dolls with Heero Yuy’s battle data you created.” The boy answering showing Zechs the shield saber and mini blaster.

“Then if you are Mericous then where is the other Vayeate.” He asked Mericous.

“Over here, sir.” Another voice came from behind. Zechs turned to that the other Vayeate looked like Trowa Barton.

“You must have the battle data of Trowa Barton correct?” Zechs asked.

“Yeah.” Vayeate said showing the Beam cannon and Shoulder charger.

Zechs was puzzled about the miniature version of his gundam and the mobile doll weapons, but the weird thing was that the mobile dolls have a human form. He turned to Mericous and asked, “Ponder this Mericous why do you and Vayeate have a human form when you are mobile dolls?”

Mericous though it over. “Could it be that we have the battle data of Heero Yuy and Trowa Barton in our AI.”

“That could be but I’m not certain yet.” Zechs responded. He looked at his own saber and with a though the saber ignited and in a bright light he became Epyon, though it was a smaller version at his height, but it was his gundam none the less. What is happening here I’m Epyon but I though it was destroyed. He turned toward Mericous and said as though it was through the comm. “Mericous ignite you saber now.”

Without hesitation Mericous ignited his shield saber and transformed into the Mericous mobile doll. “Is this what you wanted?” The other suit’s voice came through.

Zechs voice came back through the comm, ”Good now you.” He gestured toward Vayeate.

Vayeate grunted a reply and concentrated for a short while and began to glow. Suddenly a flash of bright blue light as it disappeared; the Vayeate mobile doll appeared. “Now if we can please change back now, sir?” He said.

“Do what you must. We have to find out where we are so we can’t scare the people, understand?” Zechs said while contemplateing their next move. He deactivated the saber. As if a loss of power he reverted back to normal. “Stay close and be prepared for anything.” He said as they began to look for someone to answer their questions.


‘That was so long ago, Noin, but it still feels like it was only yesterday. That bloody war I started on Juri to overthrow the royal family. I hope that you are protecting Relena while I’m away.’


…5 months later…

Zechs stood in circle with his generals planning their final assault on the royal place. His army was now big enough to suround the place and place it under siege. His plan was to have the generals to maneuver their troops to a certain position of the royal place while him, Mericous and Vayeate went in and capture royal family and kill the royal guards. “Does everyone understand their orders?” He asked.

The Generals nodded in agreement. Very pleased Zechs said, “Well then it’s settled you better get some rest we attack in the morning.” With that he left the room.

Mericous spoke as Zechs walked, “Do you think that you can defeat the two royal guards that protect the king of Juri. You know as well as I do that the King and his two guard use the Juri power.”

“But we have an advantage with our armor remember.” Zechs interjected, “we should be able to handle them with little problem. Now get some rest we have a busy day tomorrow.” A rare smirk appeared on his face as he entered his tent to retire for the night.


…The next morning…

The alarms of the impending attack were blaring as the opposing army approached the royal place. The defense protocols for the Palace had already been implemented. Gunner’s manned their gun turrets waiting for the signal to begin firing.

Zechs, Mericous and Vayeate stood next to the entrance to the palace. They were ready for anything the place guards put in front of them though they weren’t in their armor they had their weapons ready to transform in a moument notice.

Let’s see if the future is important for them to sacrifice their own lives. Zechs thought as they entered the palace.

The entrance hall of the palace was gigantic. Zechs looked on in amazement at the shier size of the hall. Impressive. He thought.

“Halt! What are you doing here?” An unlucky guard said holding his weapon at the three intruders.

In a blur of motion Mericous charged and sliced the guard in half with his beam saber. “All to easy.”

“Don’t let your guard down. There are still the two knights that protect the King entirely by themselves the rest are just the simple security.” Zechs snapped as he looked coldly at the bloody remains of the foolish guard. “Let’s go we have work to do.” He finally replied and ushered the other two onward.

I hope that these ‘mobile knights’ can defeat the two knight’s guarding the King. He thought he coined the phrase ‘mobile knights’ for himself and Mericous and Veyeate during the earlier stages of this war. He figured that the term fitted their curent state they shared the power and abilities of their mobile suits. With Zechs being combined with Epyon has given him enhanced speed and the foresight of the Zero system that was installed in his gundam.

Their suppressive pace was no match for the lesser guards. There were almost no survivors at all. The few that surived pledged their loyality to Zechs and his army. Has they reached the final corridor the automated defense systems activated in a vain attempt to slow the advance of the three rebels.

Azaka and Kamidake stood in wait for the three invaders. Only a year ago they were awaken from their sleep by Tenchi and the others to stop an earlier coup by Katatgo, but now they had to defend the peace they had obtained with the help of Lord Tenchi. “Kamidake do you see them yet?” Azaka asked.

The younger knight looked around to find the intruders. As if it was a blur the trio appeared in front of him. “You better get down here.” He called to the older knight. With that he sprang into action, he call forth his full power in his control and focus it into his staff and released an innumerous amount of energy toward the intruders.

Mericous saw the attack coming and sent his planetary defenders to block the impending attack. The energy was partially absorbed by the defenders the remaining energy harmlessly bounced off the three rebel’s armor.

Kamidake was shocked about how the attack was defeated so easily. Azaka showed just as the energy hit the planetary defenders. “What kind of powers do they process, Kamidake?”

Standing at guard position Kamidake answered his comrade, “I have no clue. But be ready for anything.”

Azaka nodded in agreement taking a defensive position as well.



Zechs saw the two knights standing as the last line of defense between him and the king of Juri. “I’m leaving these two to you.” With that said he fell back letting the former Mobile Dolls get ahead so they could attack.

Vayeate took aim at the royal guards and fired a powerful beam from his beam cannon. Mericous split his set of planetary defenders so that they could protect both him and Vayeate from another attack the two would-be knights.



The blast made Azaka and Kamidake to spread out to get out of the way of the explosion. The lead intruder took the opportunity to make his way to the thrown room. “Damn! One got threw!” Kamidake cursed.

“The king will have to fight as well now.” Azaka said blocking the red intruders beam saber with his staff.
“You won’t be round long enough to save him!” Mericous said making another attack. “This one is mine take the other one.”

“Got it!” Vayeate said firing again.

Kamidake deflected the shot with his staff and charged after Vayeate. He unleashed another round of energy at the blue armored knight.

The attack hit at full force, sending Vayeate backward to the wall. He shook his head and fired at Kamidake again. Seeing an opening he opened his thrusts to full to get around the knight. Seeing that he was behind the knight trying to deflect the beam he elbowed him causing him to lose his concentration.

Azaka hear Kamidake scream and said, “Kamidake, NO!” He saw the red one still coming after him he shouted at the combatant, “You will pay for that you traitors.”

Mericous laughed, “As I said before you won’t live long to do anything about it and the kicker is that we’re not even from this planet.”

Shocked, Azaka stammered back, “WHAT! That can’t be what planet are you from?”

“Would you believe me if I said that we’re from earth.” Mericous said charging at him.

Azaka charged back Mericous, “You’re lying how can that be.” He said as his staff connected with Mericous saber.

“To bad your not going to live to find out.” Mericous said as he trusted backward as Vayeate got behind the older knight and fired his beam cannon, incinerating him.

Mericous returned to normal and said, “Well all is needed is for Zechs to defeat the king.”

Vayeate returned to normal and nodded.



Zechs entered the royal chamber. He stopped and reverted to normal but he keept his saber ignited. “Where are you Highness.” He snapped sarcastically.

“I take it that you’re looking for me?” A voice came from the distance. “So you’re the charismatic leader of the Revolution.” The voice said getting closer, “You don’t impress me. You don’t even have the Juri power.”

“I may not have that power but you still have no chance against me.” Zechs said readying himself.

“Oh yes that simple armor you have. How could that compare to my power.” Said the voice. Zechs could now see a shadow that he thought was the king.

“Oh really my partners have just finished off you’re royal guard and correct me if I’m wrong but don’t they have the Juri power as well.” Zechs countered as his armor formed on him.

“Well it looks like I can’t underestimate you.” The King said as the shadow disappeared, he to had a saber like Zechs but it formed a perfect broad sword and dressed in royal robes. “This foolish rebellion stops now!”

“You got that right but it won’t be the ending you want.” Zechs smirked as he went to an en-guard position.

“I see you well trained in fighting. You must be royalty where you came from.” The king said taking a defensive position himself. He looked Zechs over while before coming to the conclusion, “Now I see it. You’re form earth. Yes now I see it in you eyes. But I’m getting the feeling that you’re not from this reality.”

“Well and I thought that there was only two us who could read minds.” Zechs countered. “But I’ll confirm what you had just said. Yes I am from earth, and yes I’m not from this reality. My earth is well advanced than what I’ve heard about from some of my soldiers. We have weapons called Mobile Suits. The armor you saw before was a smaller version of an advanced MS type called Gundam. My model was call Gundam Epyon. It uses a combat system call the Zero System which enhances the pilots natural combat abilities.”

“Interesting I couldn’t believe it till I saw it. But it dosen’t matter.” The king said. With no provoking he charged toward Zechs. “Shi ne!” He yelled as he attacked Zechs.

With the greatest of ease Zechs blocked the saber. His armor surounded him as he countered with his heat rod.

Using his saber to defend the oncoming attack. The king survived the assault and countered with a bit of the Juri power.

The attack sent Zechs back threw the wall. The king laughed and withdrew his saber, “Serves you right, baka.”

Little did he know that Zechs slipped around the king and prepared to shove his saber threw the kings gut. “Think again jackass!” He yelled as he rammed it into the king.

“NANDE KUSO!” The King yelled as he fell. “There…is…still…hope…with Yosho…and…Tenchi. I prey that they end this madness.” He whispered as he died.

Zechs reverted to normal, “Damn it he nearly got me there.” He cursed. He saw Mericous and Vayeate. “How many place guard that disserted to are forces?”

“Over one hundred including a knight that was training to be a royal guard.” Vayeate answered.

“Send in the knight. I want to speak to him personally.” He said sending them away.

The knight entered the thrown room. He saw the bloodily remains of the former King of Juri. He keeled before Zechs and said, “You sent for me sire?”

“Yes my name is Milardo Peacecraft the new ruler of Juri, loyal knight may I ask you of your name.” He said calmly.

If you really want to know I’m a prince training to be the future king but now that is in jeopardy. The knight said before answering, “My name is Andrew my lord. I am at you service.”


…That was the beginning of the headache that I call Andrew the disloyal knight that went to earth to inform the remaining members of the royal but now finding out that Heero is here knowing that when he arrives on Juri would mark my return to you Noin…

… Present day…

The chime sounded waking Zechs. He pressed the button and said sounding very annoyed into the speaker, “What is it?”

“Sir you wanted to see me.” Zechs recognized the voice of Mericous.

“Get in here.” Zechs commanded. The door slid open as Mericous walked threw.

Zechs waited for the door to slide shut before saying anything to him. “Care to explain what happened to you during your battle with Heero Yuy.”

“I…I…was beaten by him plain and simple.” Mericous answered as he stumbled over the words.

Zechs laughed. Mericous looked confused. “May I ask why are you laughing at that remark.”

“His battle data beaten by the real thing.” Zechs said sounding serious as he got up. He moved toward the former Mobile Doll, “You disappointed me Mericous.”

“But I took out Andrew’s Ship before returning here. So they are stranded there on Earth.” Mericous said hoping to avoid punishment.

Zechs slapped Mericous, “Fool did you not forget about the Galaxy Police Detectives Mihoshi and Kiyone. They do have a spaceship and what about the Space Pirate Ryoko. She has a ship called Ryo-Oki.”

Like clockwork the commed buzzed, Zechs answered, “Yes what is it.”

“Sire the GP Ship Yagami has docked at GPHQ.” The man at the other end of the comm replied.

Damn that could mean trouble. “Thank you. You can return to you duties.”



The gundam pilots look amazed at the seer size of GPHQ. Their meeting with the head of the GP begins in an hour.

Heero looked even more distant than the rest. He was thinking what he might have to do if he sees Zechs again. Zechs why must make me do this. You know damn well that Relena would not forgive if you or me if either of us die.

End Chapter 5

Whew!!! Sorry it took me so long had a major case of writer’s block. NEXT TIME: will the head of the GP believe the story the brave Gundam Pilots or will they be branded as leaders of a coup. Find out next time on Time of Discovery. [Slaps himself] Wait a minute I have no clue what’s going to happen so as always I’m open to suggestion, Light02 out.