Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ An Old World Drowning in Blood ❯ Chapter 1: Destiny Finds You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN OLD WORLD DROWNING IN BLOOD

By Jared T.

Acknowledgements:

Umm…I'd like to acknowledge my parents for getting the computer, my friend for having this site, another friend for giving me a name for a character, YTV and Bandai for having the Gundam Wing ( c ) series where I can see it, the creators of Virtual On ( c ) for giving me some ideas for suits, Squaresoft for making Xenogears ( c ) (Playstation) for also giving me some ideas, you for reading this, and just everyone in the whole wide world…enough of my ramblings, here's the story. Enjoy!

P.S. If you steal my stuff without my permission, I will rip off your head, fingers, toes, tongue, and finger-NAILS, piece by piece, very very VERY slowly. DO NOT TAKE MY STUFF WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS FANFIC IS PROPERTY OF CHARACHU CORP. AND THE CHARACTERS (SOME) BELONG TO BANDAI. THIS IS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. DO NOT STEAL MY STUFF. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YAH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU! RIGHT THERE READING THIS. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU STEAL MY STUFF. Have a nice day! =)

*Everything in this story is fictional. It does not relate to anyone, real, imaginary, alive or dead. This is a work of pure fiction. All aspects of Gundam, (except for this story series) is copyright of Sunrise Corp.

The year is After Colony 300. The 5 Gundams that had originally landed on Earth have been destroyed. These machines were thought to be too powerful to be left in fighting condition, so a detonation device implanted into all of them, destroyed them. The five original pilots, Heero Yuy, Duo Maxwell, Quattre Winner, Trowa Barton(or Bloom), and Chang Wu Fei, are now dead. The stories of these five heroes had lived on many years after their deaths, but now, they have all but completely faded from mind. Almost no one remembered the stories, and those who did were thought to be delirious. Although all seems to be in peace, the Earth is once again in danger. A darkness looms over the planet.

"01010100100111000" %#&@ @&$*(Activating Universal Translator…) "Are we in position?" asked Hylifar, as he walked across to the pilot's station. "Yes sir. The Neo-Suits are ready to launch when you are, sir." Replied the pilot. The pilot was a tall, strong male of the race. He had perfect blue skin and stood at an above average 8 ft and 7". The large horns standard for his race were prominent upon his brow. He had the large, round red eyes that meant that he was strong. "Good…Prepare them for launch on my command. Our contacts on Earth say that there is nothing on that planet that can stop our conquest of this solar system. If anything happens, I'll be in my chambers." Said Hylifar. "Sir! Yes sir!" replied the bridge crew in complete unison. "Hmmm… how odd… many many years ago, our scouts detected various pieces of technology that may have been able to stop us. But where are they now?…This demands investigation." Hylifar thought to himself.

"Ha ha ha ha! Hey! Wait for me!" cried a brown haired boy as he chased after his friends. "Okay…okay, we'll…wait!" panted one of the boys. "Thanks Meilluardo! What do you guys wanna do now?" asked the brown haired boy inquisitively. "I think we should just lay in the grass and relax. Whoo! All that running has really tired me out." Said one of the others, whose name was Marcus. There were four boys in all, and each looked different. The first, the brown haired boy, was named Pike, the youngest. He had dark green eyes, and was thin, but well built at the same time. Meilluardo, who was the eldest, had silver hair, and that was his natural colour. He had come from a distant land, and had no knowledge of where he came from. He had no memories of his past, but knew very little of his parents. His eyes were black pools, enveloping all in darkness. He was quite tall, and very thin. Marcus, the second eldest, had green hair, and looked a little fat, but that was all muscle. He had blue eyes and glimmered with a special intelligence. The last was named Edward. He was second youngest. He had blond hair, and green eyes lined with yellow. This sunny afternoon, they were all playing at a place called Fresh Hill. It was a place with flowers and was a giant wide open space. There was a hill at the center, where there stood a lone tree, under which it made enough shade for over 100 people. The boys all collapsed in a heap on the ground and relaxed. "Man, that was great!" said Marcus. "Yeah! We should do that more often!" agreed Edward. "What was that game called again Meilluardo?" asked Pike. "It's called `Tag'" said Meilluardo with a smile. He was the eldest of them all, so he took care of them, because they were all orphans. Suddenly, the ground began to shake and they all stood and looked up quickly. There was something hovering above them, it looked like a ship, but it was like a fluid, but was totally solid. It was a shade of gray, and had what looked like veins running through it. "Out now!" yelled Meilluardo. The boys ran as fast as they could towards Junk City, where all the orphans lived. As they were running, Meilluardo glanced back, just in time to see the ship fade into nothing. They all stopped. "What was that?" asked Pike. "I don't know Pike, but I think we should tell someone what we just saw." Said Meilluardo grimly. They all slowly walked back to Junk City.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST THEM?!?!?" screamed the air force commander. "I-I-I'm sorry Commander Hono. They just disappeared…" stuttered the pilot. "Fine, whatever. I want you to find that ship. No one, and I mean NO ONE can know of what has transpired here today understand?" pronounced Commander Hono. "Yes sir." Said the pilot. "Good. Now get out of my sight." Hono said impatiently. The pilot saluted and quickly left the office. Commander Hono walked back to his desk, and slipped into his chair. The powerful man that had just stood towering before that pilot a few moments ago, was gone. Now he was a frail, old man, tired of conflict. He sighed deeply. "What's happening to the world? Why do we still have a military if we've had years of peace? *sigh*. I don't know anymore. My mind is getting old." Hono looked out the window at nothing in particular. "The world will soon be drowning in blood, and the military won't lift a finger to stop it." Hono said as he shook his head sadly.

"So…what're we supposed to do about that ship we saw?" asked Pike plainly. "Sigh…I don't know…if we tell the authorities, they might think I'm crazy and take you guys away. But we can't just sit on our butts…I don't know…" Meilluardo's heart felt heavy. He was in a major dilemma. What was he to do? Would he tell the authorities, or would he take care of it himself? "Well," he said quickly, changing the subject. "it's getting late, and we'd better get to bed." They all went back to the tiny shelter that they called home. Each one of their beds was scavenged from around Junk City. Pike had a steel bed made of a jungle gym. His was the only one with a mattress, since he was the youngest. The rest had beds made of cars. Edward had a couch to sleep on, while the rest got a soft sack filled with beans. Each had a pillow of seagull feathers. They were pretty comfortable living in their home, and didn't want to leave.

In the middle of the night, Meilluardo got up and slipped out as quietly as possible. He had gone back to the hill to find a group of air force military officers. "Get those scanners out and start looking for clues!" said the captain harshly. "We need to be out ASAP! Get moving!" The officers began to walk around with strange devices that looked like TV remotes. They wandered around for awhile, when suddenly, one of the machines beeped. "Sir! I found it sir!" said one of the officers. He was quite young. He had blond hair and a gleam in his eye. It's a shame. As soon as the young officer turned back to the group, his stopped, and so did his heart. He fell to the ground, cold, even before he hit it. The other officers crowded around, and each was hit with a tiny red light. One after another they all were killed instantaneously. The gray ship floated up and began to vaporize the bodies, one by one. Meilluardo looked around in wide eyed shock. He was still behind a bush. He didn't see anything or anyone, but he felt it. It felt like a frozen hand reaching into his heart and suddenly turning red hot. The power began to pull at his heart so hard it felt like it was going to come out. Options flew into Meilluardo's mind, but each, in the end, had him lying in a heap on the ground. Dead. Something in his brain triggered. There was a sudden explosion. Then nothing. Pieces of the gray ship scattered the ground. Meilluardo was unconcious. The officers that weren't vaporized were came back to consciousness.

"Huh?! What was that explosion?" asked Pike. "Where's Meilluardo?" Edward asked in panic. "I don't know, but I know that explosion came from the hill, and I bet that's where Meilluardo is now. Come on!" said Marcus.

They all ran as fast as they could towards the hill, and they stopped in their tracks. The military officers were back on their feet and tending to Meilluardo, who was still unconcious. "Who are you kids? This is a restricted area! Get out!" said the captain exasperatedly. "Hey mister, let our friend go!" Pike said with a bit of fear in his voice. "Whaddya mean let him go? He's unconscious and we're tending to his wounds!" said the captain. "Thank you sir. This boy is our friend, and if you would, we would lie to take him home and care for him ourselves." Edward said. He had always been the polite one. The captain looked them over silently. "You seem like nothing but scruffians. Be off with you. But, we would let him go back to you, if you do one thing for us…" the captain said slyly. "Alright sir. What is it you wish of us?" Edward replied before any of the others could speak. "Ha! We wish for you to complete our search of the area. Pick up every scrap of the ship on the ground. We'll be watching you, so don't try to take anything." The captain said with a smirk. He looked around slightly. Even on the top of the hill, there were a lot of pieces. They were all pretty small. Then, reluctantly and with a sigh, the boys went off to their appointed tasks.

"Why did you do that Edward? We could've taken them! Look at `em! There all raggly and tired. That's why they want us to do this. We could've taken them down, and gotten Meilluardo. Humph!" said Marcus. "Look Marcus, you may be the second oldest, but you have no diplomacy whatsoever. Meilluardo always told me to try to end conflicts without fighting, and that fighting should be a last resort." Said Edward harshly. "Look, the way I see it is this. The faster we finish, the faster we can go home with Meilluardo then those guys'll leave." Said Pike, who was already picking up pieces. "Yah. Guess so." Said Marcus and Edward together. Then they all began the daunting task of picking up the pieces of the ship. After about an hour or so, they had returned with a a large pile of scrap on top of the hill. "Here you are captain." Said Edward as he placed the last piece of metal on the pile. "Good work boys." Said the captain, smirking. "Soldiers! Give the boys back their friend." The captain ordered.

Meilluardo was given back to the boys, who dragged him back to their home. They all began to tend to his wounds. Pike and Edward had gone to gather herbs from the outskirts of the city, while the others wrapped Meilluardo's wounds in bandages. After a day or so, the boys began to worry if Meilluardo was ever gonna wake up. Then, just as the sun began to rise on the second day after the ordeal, Meilluardo's eyes opened. "Hey. What's everyone looking at? And why does my head hurt so much?" Meilluardo said with a grin and a groan. "Yeah! Woo hoo! You're awake!" shouted the boys in pure joy. After a few hours, Meilluardo was feeling well enough to tell the others the thing he had learned about himself while he was unconscious. "Well, it seems that this place, Junk City, is part of a military fortress. Do you guys remember the tunnels I told you not to play in?" said Meilluardo. They all said yes. "It seems that part of the fortress may be still working. There's something there that we need to find. I don't know what it is, but I need to know. I think it will show me my past. You guys ready?" Meilluardo asked, a little impatient to get started. They all agreed. The next day, the started the trek to the center of the town.

In Junk City, most of the buildings were made of steel. The buildings soared high into the sky, looking as if they would touch the sky themselves. Scrap metal laid around the city, like insects, pillaging an unsuspecting body. They surrounded the city in masses, within and around it. The solid buildings weren't as solid as they used to be. Some of the buildings had gaping holes in them from battles long past. There were many mobile suits laying around, but none in working condition. Most of their pieces had been used for making useful items, such as water pumps, or bikes. As the party got to the hanger doors, they realized that the doors were probably locked. "How are we gonna get in Meilluardo?" asked Pike. "I have an idea. It came to me while I was out. Everyone look for a control panel or computer or something like that." Stated Meilluardo. They all began to search the wreckage. After not too long of searching, Edward and Marcus had found a computer panel, and Meilluardo began to see if it was working. After a few minutes of tinkering (this was something Meilluardo was good at), he had gotten the panel to work. The screen flashed out the words: User Name and Password. "Damn. What are we gonna do now?" said Edward. "I think I know what to put. Don't ask me how…" Meilluardo began to watch the screen and typed in: User Name: DEKIM, Password: OPERATIONM. At this, the giant doors creaked with a vacuumous whoosh as the inside of the fortress was once again exposed to the air after a century.

Inside, the boys noticed many large mobile suits, but all non-operational. As they traveled, they picked up various pieces of machinery. A power coupling here, an FCS chip there, a trigger coil behind that, and the like. Soon, each had a bag full of different pieces of technology. After walking a little further, the boys stopped and stared at something in awe. It was a giant mobile suit, larger than any of the others. The label on the hanger bay said "Tallgeese VII". It was a copper colour because of the rust accumulated upon it. It had a proud crown on it's head, a large laser rifle that looked big enough to destroy this whole place, and a sword and shield. The shield had the crest of a long gone city-state. There were wires protruding from its chest indicating a missing piece. After marveling at the mechanical monster that stood before them, they headed towards a light that was seen at the end of the corridor. They were inside the control room of the base. They found the main computer for the fortress and Meilluardo sat down. Again the screen flashed: User Name:…Password:… . "Hey Meilluardo, try the same stuff at the first panel!" said Pike with excitement. "No. It won't work on this computer. I don't know why…But I have an idea of what it might be…" This time, he typed in: User Name: MM, Password: MYFATHERSWILL. The whole fortress began to reactivate. The lights turned on and machines turned on. Even the mobile suits, the ones not damaged, began to power up. The boys began to walk around the newly awakened fortress until they got to a door that stated: RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT in large bold words. The door smoothly slid aside and the boys walked past. Once inside, the boy's mouths dropped to the floor. Inside, were mobile suit parts, science equipment, datapads, computers, and various other equipment. They all began to scrounge around for components, all except Meilluardo, who calmly sat down to a computer terminal and began typing.

*C:\ _

C:\ dir/w_

C:\ dir *.txt_

Processing request….

Files found:

Heavyarms.txt

Wing.txt

Sandrock.txt

Shenlong.txt

Deathscythe.txt

Tallgeese.txt

C:\ edit heavyarms.txt_

*taken from DOS text*

After going through all the files like this, Meilluardo discovered that these were no ordinary mobile suits, but highly advanced pieces of weaponry. The strange thing was, he felt like he had already seen those suits somewhere before. He was sitting in deep thought, when the rest of the group appeared behind him and began to chatter and prattle on and on about what they had found. Meilluardo tried to listen to them all at once, and then began to laugh. "Okay, okay. One by one you guys!" Meilluardo said with a chuckle. One after another, they showed the group what they had found and what they planned to do with it. "What did you find Meilluardo? Can we see it?" asked Pike anxiously. "Alright, guys, I just found this stuff in this terminal. They seem to be very powerful mobile suits, but the only one I can see outside is the Tallgeese, but even that one is different than the blueprints, so I think that this may be the fortress where those suits were created." Said Meilluardo. "But Meilluardo, those plans said that they were made in an outer space colony sometime around A.C. 195…" said Edward questioningly. "Yes Edward, but this base must have made other more advanced versions. These blueprints must have been the originals, so I think that the updated ones should be here too…" said Meilluardo as he began to search through the system. After a few minutes of searching, he found plans labeled: WARNING!!! THESE PLANS ARE CONFIDENTIAL. PLEASE INPUT YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD.

User name:_

Password:_

User name: MP

Password: SANCKINGDOM

User name and password accepted…logging in…

"Hey you guys! I think I found them!" Meilluardo cried with undisguised excitement. All the boys gathered around to see large 3-d model images of new mobile suits that were labeled: GUNDAM NEO-SUITS. There were 5. There was Hardshell, Virege, Tenjin, Raidan, and Dracon. Each had different abilities.

Hardshell had been built with the most armour, and was able to release an exponetially powerful blast from laser cannons in its chest. It held onto a large battle axe that could be thrown to decapitate an enemy. It was build somewhat like Sandrock, but more circular and armoured. Raidan moved fast. He was able to dodge almost any attack because he moves slightly slower than light if pushed to the limits. He had a whip that could be charged with energy to release an explosive blast. He carried a pair of what seemed to be throwing knives. They were a solid beam of energy, able to be thrown and recovered in the same instant. He was like Deathscythe, but white and not as jagged. Dracon was a strange suit. It was a slim suit. The rest were built much like large men, but Dracon was very thin. He had a speed not as fast as Raidan, but could be a little slower if made to move to the max. It carried a large energy cannon that needed a long time to charge because its blast was more powerful than that of Hardshell's. Along with this, it had an automatic laser rifle. It shot rapidly, and if you didn't move before it shot, you didn't move at all. Tenjin had the best all-around abilities. It wasn't too fast, but wasn't too slow. It had just the right amount of armour so that it could still move fast, but enough for it to take a hit and keep going. It had an over-average energy rifle, as well as an energy blade. It had a shield, and had something none of the other suits had. Something called the "Zero System". It was white and blue, and had a black visor over it's optical sensors. All the suits had vulcan* guns somewhere on their bodies. Either on their heads or on their shoulders.

Each boy chose a favorite. Edward chose Dracon, Pike chose Raidan, Marcus chose Hardshell, and Meilluardo chose Tenjin. Virege was the only one left. When they looked at the specifications, the mobile suit looked like a female. It had energy collectors that were arranged like a dress, and those were stated plainly to activate "hyper-mode" in which, all enemy attacks are absorbed and used to power the weapons, with minimal damage to the suit. The only problem was that "hyper-mode" could only be activated when the suit was near destruction, or the pilot was dying. It had vulcan guns on its head that looked like ponytails, and something called a "heart beam" at its chest. It had a rod that had extreme destructive power when in "hyper-mode". Virege was clearly stated to be the fastest and lightest armoured when normal. "What're we gonna do with that last suit?" asked Pike. "Nothing. Pike, these suits weren't even built yet." Said Marcus simply. "Besides, why would we build them? And what with, for that matter." Accompanied Edward. "Maybe we'll find a use for these yet, but for now, let's grab these specs and anything else, and leave. It's getting late." Meilluardo said a-matter-of-factly as he took a look at his watch. They all packed up whatever they were doing and left. Meilluardo had already downloaded the specs to a disk. When they had gotten home, they all just went to their beds and dropped dead asleep. For them, all was right with the world.

*vulcan is a light weapon with rapid fire abilities. Almost all Gundams have them.*

"Sir, something on Earth has reactivated. It seems to be some kind of war-factory." Reported one of the tall guards outside Hylifar's quarters. "Send a Sting-Class Neosuit to Earth to examine it. Make sure that it is hovering and cloaked." Replied Hylifar coldly. "Yes sir." Replied the guard as he walked down the corridor to the hanger. "Hmm…this may cause a chink in our plans…I must consult the Star Chamber about this. But I must ask the Chamber whether we should strike early…" Hylifar walked around the room, talking to noone in particular. He sat down at a comm station and began to write his suggestion for the Chamber.

It was already late evening, and Commander Hono paced around his small office anxiously. Suddenly the door burst open, and a captain rushed in with a smile on his face. "Sir! We've got the wreckage!" said the captain, with obvious excitement. "Good work captain, now, get the R&D guys on this!" said Commander Hono as he saluted the captain. "Yes sir." Said the captain with a nod. The captain left, and the commander once again sank into his chair. He sighed. "What's the world coming to? Where did that wreckage come from? Is the world coming to an end? I wish that Heero Yuy was still here with us." Commander Hono sighed again. He turned towards the window, and looked out at the stars.

The next day, the boys ran back to the field and started to run around playing tag. Suddenly, there was a large shaking, and grass was being thrown around by a huge wind, and yet, it was in an area that looked like feet, even though there was nothing in the field. The boys stopped to see a huge shadow looming behind them. The was a mobile suit there! The boys began to run towards Junk City, but they were all eventually caught up in the hand of the mobile suit. It was the same shade of gray as the ship, and had the same organic look. It only had one eye, but a nasty looking sword on it's back. Along with this, it had some kind of pistol holstered on its right side. With its one eye, it looked at the surroundings. It slowly began to move back towards the city. And the fortress. The boys were still cluched tightly in its hand. "What're we gonna do Meilluardo?" asked Pike, almost crying in fear. "I don't know, but I know this. If this monster destroys that fortress, it's gonna take down the whole city. Come on!" Meilluardo commanded of the others. The others looked around, then looked back at Meilluardo with a sign of confusion on their faces. "Umm…how are we going to get out of this grip?" said Marcus. "Easy. Pike, since you're the smallest, we need you to slip out first." Meilluardo said. Pike reluctantly began to slip out of the grip. Soon, he stood on the hand, outside its grip. One after another, the boys moved out of the grip. "Okay, what do we do now?" saked Edward. "Alright. This is what we do. There needs to be a panel to open the pilot cavity, so I'm gonna slide down to the chest to find it. You guys move up to the top of the suit and try to distract it." Meilluardo said. They all went their ways. Meilluardo climbed up in front of the head with the rest, but instead of going in front of the eye, he slid down the chest until he saw a door, barely visible, in front of him. He climbed to the side and found a panel. It was written in a strange language, but something in Meilluardo's mind changed, and he was able to read it. He pressed one of the buttons and the chest opened. He swung inside, kicking the pilot out of his seat. He had been watching the monitor for the eye, watching the children dance around. He was caught unawares by Meilluardo's attack. Meilluardo tied the pilot down with a rope that he had found in the cabin while the pilot was stunned. Meilluardo removed the pilot's helmet to find a strange, blue alien inside. The alien began to shriek and beep, but Meilluardo didn't understand what he was saying. Then it hit him. The way the suit had been built, it seemed like a living computer. Meilluardo expected that the alien was speaking binary*. Unsure what to do, Meilluardo sat down at a panel and began to type binary as well.

0100100010010111010100100010010. We mean you no harm.

0111110101011010001010100101000. Why are you here?

0100101001101011101100101011101. Who are you?

The alien began to look at Meilluardo with a strange look. By this time, the mobile suit had slowed down, but the rest of the boys were on top of the suit still. The alien waved his arms, and Meilluardo untied them. The alien sat at another console and began to type binary as well. (Activating Universal Translator) "I am here to destroy. I am one of the Parsacle. We will rule your planet." With that, the alien let out a scream and jumped out of the cockpit to his death.

*binary is a computer code made completely of ones and zeroes.*

Meilluardo now knew what had to be done. He eased the mobile suit down so that one could jump from the top without hurting themselves. After regrouping at the hill, the boys began to listen to Meilluardo about what was going on. "I know why we found those plans and that fortress. It was our destiny. Now, we have to build those suits and we need to defend the planet." Said Meilluardo calmly. "Shouldn't we get help to do this? By ourselves, It would take years, and by then, the Earth may already be conquered." Said Edward with a puzzled look on his face. "Yes, but the question is, who? There is no one who knows how to do stuff like this in Junk City more than us, and we might go to the military, but they might just take the plans and lock us up. Guys, we need a plan." Meilluardo stated. "Hey! I know! Before my parents died, I remember meeting an air force commander named Suzaki Hono. Maybe he can help us. I remember he was a really nice guy." Said Marcus plainly. "Does anyone else have any better ideas?" There were none. "That clinches it. Let's go see this Commander Hono." Said Meilluardo.

They all took something with them. They couldn't carry a lot, so each carried a different bag. Pike held the water, marcus had the sleeping bags, Edward carried the medical supplies, and Meilluardo carried the food, and whatever items they wanted to take with them. They began their long trek into the city of Unimatrox. The city of Unimatrox had only been recently built, just in A.C. 200. It was a large city, with a growing populous and it was the military base of the world. Almost all of the military were stationed there. It was glowing with happiness and festivals. Everyone in the city was prosperous, and there was close to no crime, aside from the occasional apple or other fruit taken. In the center of the city was a tall building. It housed the top operations officers of the navy, air force, and army. The mobile suits had a different building somewhere else. As they neared the building, they watched as a girl, about the same age as Meilluardo, was not very politely thrown out of the military building. "Please ma'am. We meant no disrespect, it's just that we can't have children running around in our halls." Said the doorman. The girl's face was about to explode. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T HAVE ME IN THERE?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!? I'M THE DAUGHTER OF AIR FORCE COMMANDER HONO!!!" shouted the girl. The doorman's face flushed. "Sorry, ma'am, but Commander Hono has ordered that no one disturb him unless it was very urgent." Said the doorman apologetically. "Fine. I'll just waiit out here for my dad." Said the girl. The boys began to walk closer towards the building. Meilluardo passed the girl and looked at her with extreme interest. She had blond hair, and blue eyes. Her face was framed by a golden window of hair. Her features were very finely chiseled. She had high cheek bones, and perfect teeth. "What're you looking at?" asked the girl, interrupting Meilluardo's thoughts. "Huh? What? Oh, ummm… sorry. Hi, m-my name's Meilluardo. May I know your's?" Meilluardo said, stuttering. "Yes you may. I am Marissa." Said the girl with a slight curtsy. "So, umm… what are you doing here?" asked Meilluardo with a slight blush. "Me? I'm waiting for my father. He's the air force commander." Said Marissa proudly. "Air force commander? Do you mean Commander Hono by any chance?" asked Meilluardo, intrigued. "Why yes, are you here to see him?" said Marissa slightly inclined. "If you are, you won't have better luck than me. I'm his daughter and they still won't let me in unless it's urgent." Said Marissa with a sigh. "Well, they'd better let us in. The fate of the world depends on it." Replied Meilluardo grimly. "It was very nice meeting you, Marissa." Said Meilluardo with a bow. "You as well." said Marissa with a nod. On their way in, the others began to tease Meilluardo. "Meilluardo's in love~Meilluardo's in love~" said the boys as they danced around Meilluardo. "Oh hold me Meilluardo." Said Marcus turning around and hugging himself and making kissing sounds. "Alright you guys, quit it." Said Meilluardo. "We have to be serious. You all know what the situation is, and we have to get this done." Meilluardo said sternly. "Sorry Meilluardo." Said the boys together. They all walked towards the door. "Hello kids. You lost?" asked the doorman with a friendly smile on his face. "No sir, we're not. We're here to see Commander Hono. It's very urgent. Please let us in." said Edward. "Sorry kids, can't do that. I've got orders not to let anyone see Commander Hono unless it was an emergency." Said the doorman with a sigh. "But it is an emergency! You have to let us in! The whole world could be in danger!" Meilluardo said with an expression of extreme worry on his face. "Whoa. Hold on there. I can't let you in. Just show me what the trouble is, and I'll tell Commander Hono." Said the doorman. "No! This cannot this be viewed by anyone else but Commander Hono!" replied Meilluardo. "Whoa. I'll check if he'll see you. What did you say your name was?" asked the guard. "My name? Umm…Marcus!" said Meilluardo. "Marcus who?" asked the guard suspiciously. "Marcus what's your last name?" Meilluardo asked. "It's Pearlain." Replied Marcus. "Okay. My name is Marcus Pearlain." Said Meillaurdo. "Marcus? Hey! Marcus! I remember you! You and your family always came by and dropped me off a snack, before your parents died." The guard said sadly. "Oh! You can go up. Commander Hono will see you now. Hey Marissa! Your dad wants to see you too!" the guard said, relieved. "Yes!" said Marissa as she ran towards the door.

All five of them stood in the elevator going to the toop floor. It was Pike, Edward, Marcus, Meilluardo, and Marissa. Pike and Marcus began to giggle, while Edward tried to calm them down. Soon, Pike and Marcus were on the floor laughing with Meilluardo and Marissa stared blankly. Suddenly the elevator stopped and the door swished open. They all exited quickly, Marcus and Pike still giggling. They all walked down the corridor until they reached the door that said "Commander Hono". They knocked, and when were accepted, walked in. "Marissa? What're you doing here?" said Hono with a smile. "Daddy!" yelled Marissa. She ran towards him and grasped him in a hug. "Who are these young fellows?" asked Commander Hono. "Sir! We're just some orphans, but we believe you know Marcus Pearlain?" said Meilluardo with a bow. "Marcus? Why I haven't seen you for 5 years! How have you been boy?" asked Commander Hono with a smile. "I'm fine sir. But don't you know? My parents are dead." Said Marcus very grim. "Yes son I know. But enough of the past, what's this all about?" said Commander Hono. "Sir-" "Stop with the sirs already boy!" interrupted Commander Hono. "Just call me Suzaki." Replied Suzaki. "Alright, we believe that Earth will be soon invaded by aliens. One of their mobile suits are in Junk City. It's hidden so don't bother looking for it." Meilluardo said. "Yes. We know all about the aliens. But we don't have anything powerful enough to stop them." Said Hono with a grim expression on his face. "We have found something that may interest you. But it will be under our terms." Meilluardo said seriously. He took off his pack and took out the disk that held the blueprints for the mobile suits. "These are our only weapons for now," said Edward as Meilluardo showed Commander Hono the prints. "we will pilot them, but you may choose another pilot because there are only 4 of us and 5 mobile suits as you can see." Edward stated. "Fine. I agree. Did you already construct these suits?" asked Hono. "No. We have not had the appropriate materials to build them. That's where you come in. We need your help to build these suits." Edward said without blinking. Suzaki stood there. He turned towards the window and looked at the sky. When he finally turned around he nodded and shook their hands.

For the next couple of months, the boys began to help in the construction of their suits. They were eager to know who the 5th pilot was because Commander Hono had not told them. They began training in simulators that were programmed to feel like their suits. As each interfaced with their VR(Virtual Reality) suit, they began to move around in the virtual world, getting a feel on their Gundams. "Alright you guys, were gonna start loading some of the enemy into the world. They are being piloted by our best pilots and we want to see what those Gundams can do!" said Commander Hono from the other room. All the pilots signaled an affirmative. The aliens were loaded in and Meilluardo began to assign everyone a target. "Marcus, on your left, Edward, your right. Pike, center, and I'll go for the front. Pilot X, you got- hey!" Meilluardo was knocked off balance by the 5th pilot charging ahead without orders. "Let's do this." Said Meilluardo with a bit of respite in his voice. They charged. Virege swung her rod towards the head of one of the aliens, but it ducked shooting her in the stomach with a blast from its pistol, sending Virege through a building. "Wow. We're gonna have to watch out for that." Said Marcus astonished. Virege flew back with a new speed. It defiantly dodged the bullets thrown at it, shooting it's own vulcan as it went. Then Virege stopped. It released a huge pink heart out of it's chest. The heart beam moved so fast, the mobile suit never saw it coming. It his him square in the center, and left a large heart-shaped hole as it passed through it. "Uhhh… okay then…" said Edward, too much in awe to talk. The others began to move forward. Meilluardo cut at his target with his energy blade, but he constantly missed. Then he got an idea. He threw his blade towards the target, who swiftly jumped aside, but right into the barrel of Tenjin's rifle. The target had been eliminated. Raidan charged forward with no weapon, but suddenly he threw out his whip and snapped the head right off his target. "That was too cool." Said Pike as he turned back to the others. Marcus moved forward, charging his rifle as he went. As he got closer to his target, it let off a solid volley of shots. Marcus dodged, but was slightly singed on one side. Ducking out from behind a building, he let his target have it. The suit was vaporized. The last target was Edward's. The walked menacingly towards his target, who shot at him to no avail. Hardshell opened its chest and released a huge blast of energy. When the smoke had cleared, there was pieces of the suit littering the ground. After exiting the VR suits, they went over to see who the mysterious "Pilot X" was. "I'm the leader of this group, and if you are gonna be here, you're going to have to follow orders!" said Meilluardo angrily. "Oh really? Is that how you talk to the daughter of Commander Hono?" the pilot took of its helmet. It was Marissa. Everyone stared wide-eyed, especially Meilluardo. "Umm…uhhh…you? W-w-what? I didn't know I mean, I kinda figured it out but-t-t-t…" Meilluardo stuttered off. "Forget it." Said Marissa as she walked away. "I'll try to follow orders next time." She said with a wink. This was the end of their first training session. After this, they had many more.

After many more months, the aliens began to attack. "Sir, what do we do?" asked one of the engineers. The walls were shaking and some of the posts were starting to come down from the attack above. "Launch the Gundams!" ordered Suzaki. "But we can't! They aren't complete! They're still missing their secondary weapons!" replied the engineer as he ducked out of the way of a falling cable. "Damn! We'll just send them out now to distract the aliens while you build the weapons!" said the commander. "Right sir!" the engineer said with a nod. He began to order the rest of the engineers into motion to get the Gundams ready for launch.

The pilots began to scramble towards their Gundams. They all locked in as soon as possible and were launched out of the underground base into the open. They landed with a monsterous thud, and charged towards the enemy. This was to be their first battle…

TO BE CONTINUED….

-Jared T. May 22, 2001

Hey. That's it for now. Please send feedback so that I know if anyone's reading this or not. If you don't reply, I may just not write anymore of these and this will be the end of this new series. There's a contact me button on my homepage, and if i get enough e-mails, I'll start on another one. If not, I won't do anything. This is Jared T., signing off.

P.S

If I make another one, there will be more action! Promise. This was just an introduction.