Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ An Old World Drowning in Blood ❯ Escape....? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Old World Drowning in Blood

By: Jared T.

Acknowledgements: As always I guess, you, the reader, my parents, friends, internet, YTV, Bandai, Sunrise…yah. Thanks to you all.
The AOWDIB series should only be seen/read at these sites: http://www.mediaminer.org, http://www.geocities.com/j_tca and http://www.geocities.com/gundam_wing_colosseum/. If you see this anywhere else, then please notify me at charachu@hotmail.com or jared_t2001@hotmail.com Thanks again. P.S. If you steal my stuff without my permission, I will rip off your head, fingers, toes, tongue, and finger-NAILS, piece by piece, very very VERY slowly. DO NOT TAKE MY STUFF WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS FANFIC IS PROPERTY OF CHARACHU CORP. AND THE CHARACTERS (SOME) BELONG TO BANDAI. THIS IS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. DO NOT STEAL MY STUFF. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YAH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU! RIGHT THERE READING THIS. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU STEAL MY STUFF. Have a nice day! =)
*Everything in this story is fictional. It does not relate to anyone, real, imaginary, alive or dead. This is a work of pure fiction. All aspects of Gundam, (except for this story series) is copyright of Sunrise Corp.

In a world where peace rules, war is a shattering ideal. In this world, an enemy has arrived from beyond the solar system. They are the Parsacle. The Earth is not completely without a defence. Five teenagers have risen to prot__ect the Earth from this foe. Pike, the youngest, Edward, the polite one, Marcus, the technological genius, Marissa, the daughter of a dead commander, and Meilluardo, the newest commander of the Gundam Defence. This is their story. At the end of the last chapter, Meilluardo and Pike were left in the prison of the underground Parsacle base, without the knowledge of the others. And now, back to the story…
*This chapter will be from the stand point of Marissa and Meilluardo, and will jump back and forth between them

The pleasant stench of the funeral home permeated the air around Marissa. She was at her mother's funeral. The doctor's had told her that her mother had a sudden cardiac arrest and felt little discomfort. This didn't make her feel any better. As her aunts and uncles said pleasant words about her mother, Marissa sat in the pew, wishing that this was all over. First, her father had died, at the hands of Hylifar. Now, her mother was dead, and she was left all alone, for no one else in her family would take her. She was considered the black sheep, for her rowdiness. Tears slipped down her face and into the black cotton handkerchief she was holding in her hand. She was wearing a black skirt, with a dark blue blouse. Her hair was it's normal look, her blond hair framing her face, which was now wet with her own salty tears. It was her turn to say something. She quietly and solemnly approached the pulpit.
"As you all know, I've been…involved with some work that doesn't exactly permit me to have time off often, and I hadn't seen my mother for a few days. When I had seen her last, she was still overcoming the death of my father, Air Force Commander Suzaki Hono." She paused, remembering her father's final battle. Taking a deep breath, she continued. "My mother seemed well. She told me that when she had married my father, she was prepared for his death. We sat and we talked about him, and about how different our lives would be with him gone. She asked me about how my job was going, and I said that it was fine. At the sound of this, she seemed pained. She said that it was nothing. We continued to talk for a little while more before I needed to leave. When I had arrived back at my office, a note was waiting for me. I still have no idea how it got there. It was…" Marissa's voice trailed off, the pain all flooding back, her father's death, and her mother's own sudden leaving. Sobs racked Marissa's body as she stood, her body rigid and shaking. After a few more deep breaths, she continued. "It was from my mother." A slight murmur ran through the attendees. "It told me of her death, and that I should always keep my friends close, and how her and dad would always be watching over me, protecting me. My mother was a beautiful woman. But before she died, her hair was ragged, and she looked like she hadn't gotten any decent sleep for a while. This will not be the visage I will remember. I will remember her as she was, beautiful, caring, soft eyed, and youthful. She would always have a good word for everyone, no matter how bad they were, and she always smiled at everyone on the street. If there was anything that she taught me, it was that everyone has some good inside. That will be a lesson I will carry with me forever. Thank you." She stepped off the pulpit the same manner as she got on it. The master of ceremonies said a few words, and the family members stood up. As people passed them, they spoke quiet words, and shook their hands or hugged them. Marissa was quiet, saying an occasional thank you. No tears ran from her eyes. She had cried enough.

Meilluardo awoke from a darkness he had succumbed to before. He looked groggily from side to side spotting Pike across the room from him, his head down. Meilluardo tried to stand, but found that he was attached to the floor. All his gear except for his weapons were with him. He tried to pull away from the wall, but found that he was clasped to the wall as well. Relenting to the bonds that held him, he waited in silence for what was to come. He didn't have to wait very long. After a few minutes of his resignation, the door swung open, light flooding into the room and burning Meilluardo's eyes. He shut them as an instant response until he adjusted to the light.
"How the mighty have fallen, to quote a piece of your literature." Said a voice not used to speaking English. A great form stood before him, its blue attennae swaying. It stood taller than most men, and its name was Hylifar.
"Come to interrogate us personally Hylifar? I'm touched." Said Meilluardo half mockingly, half afraid. Meilluardo's eyes flashed to the now awake Pike.
"Meilluardo…" Pike moaned, then his eyes shot open wide in fear as he saw the shadow looming over him.
"Good evening little one. Now that you are both awake, let the games begin." Hylifar said, his face contorting into a vicious smile. Hylifar's hand reached out behind him, and he snatched up what looked to be a stick. He flashed that vicious smile again. He pressed a button on the base of the stick, and the end of it burst into a blue streak, as electricity flowed through it.
"Do you expect us to talk?" Meilluardo asked defiantly, a flash of fear darting through his eyes.
"No. I expect you to fry." Hylifar stated simply, flashing that vicious smile again, as he plunged the light into Meilluardo's flesh.

Marissa headed back to the base, after the burial of her mother. The trip went off without any problems, and she arrived quickly and safely. Upon arrival, she noticed that Meilluardo and Pike weren't around. She walked to each of the different wings of the base, but no one had seen them around. Not quite sure what was going on, she tried going to the comm center to see if they had gone out.
"Meilluardo, Meilluardo, are you there? Respond. Over." She repeated into the microphone. But there was no response. A sense of dread began to creep up over her. What if they had been beaten up? Or rendered unconscious? She decided to turn on the tracking beacon located in every one of the communicators. A slight blip flashed on the large screen in front of her. She gasped in surprise. "What are they doing there? That was placed off limits…" The horror of past events flew through her head. She shuddered fearfully.

The shocks surged through Meilluardo's bare skin, setting him aflame inside. He screamed each time the pole touched his skin, it's presence sending dark waves crashing through him. Again and again, the battle hardened alien plunged the rod into Meilluardo's chest, rending flesh, and leaving black marks staining him. His face was contorted into some kind of sick pleasure, saliva ran down his chin as he watched Meilluardo scream in pain. He savored every second Meilluardo lived in agony. This would be retribution for his defeat. Hylifar shut the current off. The stick thrummed off, the blue streak disappearing from the end.
"It seems you have had enough." Hylifar said, his face still glowing with a sick pleasure. Meilluardo couldn't respond. He was in too much pain to even raise his head from where it lay on the cold metal floor. "Since you have nothing to say, I'll leave and let you rest. Tomorrow there will be more. The guard will bring you some food and water later. Do try to live until then Meilluardo." Hylifar said civilly, an evil smile crossing the thin line that was his mouth.
Marissa flew across the compound towards the hanger. I've got to hurry, she thought, Meilluardo's life may depend on it! Her booted feet slapped against the metallic floor as she charged through the grounds. Upon reaching the hanger, she leapt into Vierge, adrenaline rushing through her. Doing a quick preflight test, she was off, the sky dark and devoid of clouds. A shudder slowly crept through her. Something bad was going to happen.
"Meilluardo! Meilluardo! Wake up!" Pike hissed from across the room where he was chained. The silver haired carcass spasmed slightly. "Damnit…" Pike said under his breath. He backed up to where his chains met the floor, seeing if he could get any leeway out of them. Fishing around in his pockets, Pike's small hands found what they were looking for. "The remote control for the Gundams!" Pike said excitedly, quietly so that the guard didn't hear. "I've got to hurry." He quickly calibrated Raidan to home in on the beacon. This could be their final choice.
Outside, Raidan thrummed to life, its massive chassis shuddering with the effort of awakening without Pike at the controls. It slowly stood, gleaming, in the now, moonlight. It powered up its boosters and was up into the air.
From the distance, and in the cockpit of Vierge, Marissa saw a light flying closer to the Parsacle base. "That must be either Pike's or Meilluardo's Gundams!" she exclaimed to noone in particular. She pushed the throttle forward. She was going to have to hurry.
The regal blue alien stalked through the halls of his base, still smiling at his victory over his rival. Meilluardo's screams were a beautiful symphony to his audio receptors. Each piercing noise, each shattering note, they were pleasure unabounded for him. He shuddered pleasurably at the thought of their next "meeting". He licked his lips as a massive shaking overtook the base. He was rocked from his stand point by the movement. Running quickly to the control centre of the base, the commander of the Parsacle forces ordered a status report.
"We don't know sir, it just came out of nowhere! It seems like it wants to home in on a signal originating within the base!" cried one of the officers near the boards.
"Then send the Neosuits to stop it!" replied Hylifar viciously.
"We've tried! It just swats them away like flies! It won't let anything stand in its way!" the same officer shouted back.
"Ready Animus. I will take care of this myself." Said Hylifar, already turning towards the door.
Inside the detention centre, Meilluardo woke to find the beams of the moon flowing across his face, and Pike climbing into the cockpit of Raidan.
"Huh? Wha-what? What's going on?" Meilluardo asked shakily.
"It's okay Meilluardo, I've got you. We're getting out of here." Pike said from the speaker, Raidan's hands cupping gently around Meilluardo.
Further out, a light was fast approaching, but from within, rose the deadly, multiarmed form of Animus…