Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Blending In ❯ Blending In ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Here is my little disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing, just having some fun with them.

Mr Kingsly had gone outside for a smoke leaving me sitting there staring blankly at my finished calculus worksheet. I look over at Duo who is sitting next to me, pulling dumb faces at the problems. The questions weren't difficult. I know that he could have finished them faster than I could; Duo is just a natural genius. I turned my neck to see which question he was up to. Hmmm so he has finished and now he was…busy making smudges with the edge of his rubber?!

"Duo, what exactly are you doing?" I asked impatiently. This guy's behavior was weird.

"Fitting in." he replied and continued to scribble and smudge his clean page. I knew how much Duo wished to blend in with all the other kids. After the war he just wanted to lead a normal life. He was even prepared to go back to school. Somehow he had managed to drag me with him

"Duo we already fit in. Look we're wearing the uniform, we look like normal everyday school kids."

I think I must have pushed the wrong button when I said that because he had turned sharply from his position and was now looking me square in the eye.

"Look" he said quietly pointing to all the other students around us. "They are all working their butts off to answer these questions. Look at the working out they have on their pages. That is what I blending in. Now I know that the perfect soldier can do calculus in his head but those kids can't. If baldy over there" he said still in that hushed tone of voice and pointing to Mr Kingsly "finds out you're a genius he'll send you off to some university. That's not what I call blending in. Now let me doodle as much as I want on my page cos I wanna lead a normal life."

With that speech said he turned back to his original task with a satisfied smile on his face. I proceeded to pick up my pen and drew a few lines on my page. It didn't feel right. I was wasting perfectly good ink and paper.

"Duo, I don't understand this blending in process."

"You can draw and write whatever you want on it. Just pretend its your personal thing that nobody is going to see." Duo picked up his felt tip and drew a stick figure on the corner of my sheet, smiled and continued to deface his sheet.

My own? Slowly I picked up my pen again and wrote `Omae o korosu' underneath the stick figure. Hmmm that felt good. I was so preoccupied with drawing stars and clouds on my sheet that I didn't realize Mr Kingsly had come back inside the classroom and was now hovering above me.

"HEERO YUY!" he roared. "What is the meaning of this?" he asked red faced and pointing to the stick figure.

"Sir" I began but he cut me off.

"I'll be seeing you after school" He said angrily and walked off.

"Duo what did I do?" I asked turning to my friend for help. Like he was any help though. He was choking on his own laughter.

"Heero Yuy the perfect soldier" he giggled "just got detention."

A/N: Like it hate it? I'm not a very good writer. I pictured this entire fic in my head and I'm not really good at expressing my thoughts. Please review. Thank you.