Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Wings ❯ Broken Wings ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~`~ Broken Wings ~`~

Fly away upon wings of light, fall as they are broken angel of light turn to darkness and fall away…Alone you must stay. -

The winged Gundam fell from the star littered sky like a rock in water. The pale beams of light hitting it briefly as the large figure fell. Inside the pilot frustratingly clicked away keys but finding no cure for his locked Gundam. The inside was darker than the night, only a small beam of moonlight fell through the single bullet hole in the roof. Blood trickled down his tan arm as he growled to find the right control. But, to no avail the Gundam kept falling, as the inside seemed to have stood still. The ground was impacted as it fell a large crater made; a huge ring of ash, sparks, and dust littered the area. The Gundam was in pieces, the angelic wings broken to bits of metallic white feathers.

Wings fall away as the angel falls, falling so gently before it shall leave us all in the dim twilight… -

The deep red machine in the air soon flew off as its prey had fallen. The Angelic Gundam lay there un-moving in silence of the night. The thick dust soon cleared leaving the area a bit eerie with the soft sounds of crickets. Inside however seemed the same eerie silence. The low buzz of the broken monitor clicked from time to time due to the broken shards of glass. The dim light of the moon shining through the bigger gash on the pilot's messy locks of chocolate. Glazed eyes of indigo slowly opened to slits. The gashes upon his head bleeding rapidly, arms slashed with the broken shards of the monitor.

- Angel fading -

Outside a lone voice called, the soft tone breaking the once silent air, "HEERO!" The young woman ran to the tattered Gundam. Crystal blue eyes frantically looking for any signs of movement. Heavy, warm tears stream down her frightened face as she neared the awful scene. She stood on the rim of the deep crater, helpless like he; she only was an on looker to what had happened. Golden locks whipped about in the un-earthly breeze as she cried out again, "HEEROOOO!"

Helpful wings spread out, alone I will stay, leave me…leave me now as I fade away -

His eyes opened as much as he could. His ears had heard her faint voice. He was to weak to call to her, yes, he couldn't feel the pain but his body still fatigued from loss. A single strap held him from falling onto the shards of metal and glass on the Gundam's floor. He blankly looked up at the night sky before his figure lay limp in its hold. The deep black strap littered with blood, weakly held him. It tore slowly, but tore as it may the pilot was unaware to the world.

I fade…Leave me as I fade… -

The young girl frantically tried to climb down the steep hole. Black heels having little traction let her fall. She hurled into the Gundam's broken side, a shard of sharp metal cutting her arm like paper. She winced as more tears fell down her pale cheeks, more of sadness for the one inside than the pain from her arm. She gathered her strength and tried up the dangerous side to reach the cockpit of the huge structure. Determinedly she climbed to the gash in it's top. She looked inside at the un-moving figure. She cried freely now, fearing the worst for the boy, "Heero…Please, Heero, stay alive!" She thought aloud frantically as she tried to grasp his limp arm. But, every move she did to touch him made the strap rip, unknowing she kept tugging.

I cant go on, leave me here, alone. -

His weak form barely moved upwards. Even though his weight was only 90lbs she wasn't able to grasp him well enough with only one arm now. Yet, she tugged, hoping to bring him up. But, a shrill noise hit her ears as she grasped his arm tightly. The strap had broken! His feet, the pale yellow tips of his shoes closely touching the shards below. She fell to the roof of the Gundam, flat, she lay grasping him best she could. Soon, she had his elbow, his wrist, his hand. "Heero, no! Come up!" She cried as more tears fell, hitting his pale face. He didn't move, he didn't make a sound, he hang limp from her hand.

Angel of Darkness leave this world in peace, leave this world knowing your sins… -

She slowly pulled him upwards; he made it finally to the top of the Gundam. The once white paint now being drenched in deep red. She sighed in relief as she held onto him. She still couldn't wake him, and frankly she had no idea if he was even dead now as she held him close. "Open your eyes, please open your eyes…" She sobbed as she let her head lay on his. She cradled him protectively, her silken blue dress getting drenched in blood as he turned paler. Faint breath felt upon her hands as she tried to wake him. Faintly it faded, slowly it had gone. "NO! HEERO!" She said her voice breaking as she tried to shake him awake to no avail.

Leave this world in peace, keep your sins and leave us be -

She cried freely, as she broke. The pale rays of the uprising sun now appeared over the multi-colored horizon. Lighting up the grim scene, petals of cherry blossoms littered the fresh air as his spirit passed. The pale pink petals rose around the two figures into the dim twilight of the new day, the new life being made from his old. She lay with him, not seeming to take in, or want to take in that he had left her. He had left her forever, only now must he stay in memories.

Goodbye, I will leave in the Twilight of the day, Goodbye, my love… -