Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Devil With A Blue Dress On (Part Five of the Family Sagas) ❯ Part Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them, except for the kids!

Devil With A Blue Dress On, Part 3

Randy tapped her pen to the beat of the music as she sat at the kitchen table. She looked back down at the book she was reading and sighed. She was studying a book on web page design and making her own notes in the margins. She glanced back up at her mother. "Mom, where's dad today?" she asked curiously.

"Your father had a meeting with a client at the business office," Hilde replied as she opened a bag of potato chips and sat down at the table across from her daughter. "Why?"

"No reason," Randy said as she pulled out a chip and ate it. She lowered her eyes back to her book with a slight smile crossing her lips.

Hilde eyed her daughter. She knew that look. Duo and the boys would get it too when they were up to something that they weren't supposed to. "I know that look. So what is it?" she asked as she tapped her finger on the table.

Randy raised her eyes back to her mother. "Do you really want to know mom?"

"Trust me, nothing you can say will shock me. Got your father to thank for that," Hilde replied as she laughed softly.

Randy grinned. "Well, I was planning on going out today. To the Nature Preserve…with Miles."

"So that's why you wanted to know if your dad was home or not," Hilde said as she leaned back in her chair. "When did you plan this little excursion?"

"I e-mailed him," Randy replied as she closed her book. "And he said he would come back with David and Jonathon on their way home from food store. His car is being fixed."

"That was a little underhanded dear. You know how your dad feels about Miles," Hilde said gently.

"I know, but we'll be going back to the Barton's house afterwards. We're only taking a walk," Randy replied quickly. "But I want to know if it's ok with you? Please, mom?"

Hilde gazed at her daughter. Her eyes were pleading. Just like Duo when he wanted something. She smiled softly. "I suppose so. But don't stay out late," she said sternly.

"Thank you, mom!" Randy said as she threw her arms around her mother's neck from across the table. "I love you!" she exclaimed as she left the table and ran up the back steps.

Hilde rolled her eyes at her daughter's obvious enthusiasm. "Young love," she sighed as she plucked out another potato chip.

****************************************************************** ************

Miles sat in the back of David's Jeep Sport. He gazed out the window. He was going out with Randy today, provided that Duo would let him take her out again. He looked towards the front at her two older brothers. "Let me ask you something David, how do you feel about me dating your little sister?" he asked.

David looked in the review mirror at him. "Well…I guess I really don't mind. I mean Randy is old enough to date whom she likes. It's my dad you have to worry about. He got so uptight about Randy's first date. And since then she hasn't dated at all because guys have heard by word of mouth of what our dad is capable of. They're terrified."

Miles smiled slightly. "But I'm not some horny sixteen year old guy either. I know how old she is. I keep it well in mind."

"No, you're a horny nineteen year old guy. There's a difference," Jonathon smirked.

"Shut up! You're no better! The skirt chasing is in your blood," Miles hissed at Jonathon.

"And I freely admit it. But I also don't go after vestal virgins like my sister is," Jonathon replied with another smirk. "That was always you're department."

"Deflowering virgins was not my department!" Miles replied hotly.

"Will you two stop? Both of you are skirt chasers. Leave it at that already," David said with exasperation.

"Oh and what about you David? You're not that innocent either," Jonathon retorted at his brother.

"I'm not, but at least I don't advertise the fact like you two," David shot back as he pulled up the long driveway.

"You always had to be the good one," Jonathon muttered under his breath.

"And you always had to be the bad one," David snapped.

"No, that's Chris's department," Jonathon answered back.

"Now will you two stop," Miles said as he rolled his eyes at them.

The two brothers glared at each other as they pulled into the garage behind the house. In it, were the cars driven by the kids. Chris's convertible wasn't there, Jonathon's truck, and Randy's Jeep Wrangler.

"Baka," David snapped at his brother as he hopped out.

"Jerk," Jonathon hissed back at his brother.

Miles sighed resignedly as he followed the brothers in through the kitchen door as they carried the two bags from the food store.

***************************************************************** *************

Randy heard the kitchen door slam and her brothers' voices. She straightened the slim fitting black shirt over her dark green cutoff shorts. She tried to walk calmly down the stairs, but her heart was pounding with anticipation over seeing Miles again. "Down girl." She could see his back turned to her as she came down the steps. "Hello, Miles."

Miles turned to look at her. She looked absolutely tempting. "Hi, Randy," he said as he watched her come towards him. "You ready?" he asked as he took her hands in his.

She smiled up at him and glanced at her mother. "Yeah, I'm ready," she said as she tightened her hands in his. "Can I take my car since his is in the shop, mom?" she asked.

"Go ahead. Don't be out late," Hilde said as she watched her daughter smile broadly at Miles.

"Come on then, let's go," Randy said as she grabbed her keys from the hook on the wall and dragged Miles out of the house to her Jeep.

"Slow down, imp," Miles laughed as he pulled her to him once they got in the garage. "I would like to have a kiss first," he said as he pressed a gentle kiss on her pert lips.

She opened her eyes again as he ended the kiss. "You're sweet, you know," she said as she climbed into her Jeep and started it.

"And so are you," he replied as he got in the passenger side. He watched her put the car into gear. And like her brothers and her father, she drove fast. "Don't give me a heart attack here," he chuckled as the wind whipped past them on the way to the Preserve.

"Sorry, habit," Randy laughed as she slowed down a little. "My dad was the one who taught me how to drive, after Chris of course," she said with a grin as she glanced at him out of the corner of her eyes.

"I can tell," Miles, replied as he watched the scenery speed past him. They reached the Preserve in no time. He hopped out and ran to her side. He placed his hands on her slim waist and lifted her to the ground. He bent his head again and placed another kiss on her lips. "I'm driving back. You're driving scares the hell out of me," he said into her ear.

"Chicken," she giggled and slipped her hand into his.

"Imp, you're driving would scare anyone," he said with a smile and they started to walk. He looked down at her as she walked beside him. "Where was your dad?"

"Dad was meeting with a client down at the business office. That's why I was able to go. I asked my mom instead," Randy replied as they walked over a footbridge that crossed a bubbling stream.

"I see. I take it your mom doesn't mind you and me together," Miles stated as they stopped to look at squirrels chasing each other up and down the trees.

"No, she doesn't mind. She likes you," she said as they began to walk again. She glanced up at the canopy of trees overhead. They blocked out most of the sun's warming rays, making the shade unusually cool.

"I'm glad that at least one parent likes me," he said as his fingers tightened on hers.

"Don't worry, Miles. It'll take some time before my dad will come around. But eventually he'll get over his urges to kill you," she said with a sidewise smile.

"One can only hope," Miles sighed.

They walked silently through the woods, sometimes stopping to look at something. Randy would lean her head on Miles's shoulder as they walked. And he would stop to press kisses on her lips. They weren't expecting the sudden rain that came upon them.

"Crap," Randy said as she looked up, water splattering on her face.

"Hey, don't worry. Remember that waterfall that we walked past. I think there was a cave behind it. So let's go look," Miles said as he started running, pulling her along with him.

She followed him, keeping up with his long strides, laughing as water splashed down on them. "Are we there yet, this rain is damn cold."

"Almost there," Miles answered as he looked over his shoulder at her. They finally reached the waterfall. He walked along the side and found the space behind the falls to walk. "Here we are," he said as he pulled her in after him.

Randy looked around. "At least its dry," she said walking away from him. She put her hand up on the wall. "A little damp, but I suppose it'll do until it stops pouring rain." She trailed her hands over the rough walls. Her eyes spotted something on the wall. She stepped over a huge rock and took a closer look. Her eyes widened. "Miles, come and look at this," she said as she looked over her shoulder at him.

"What is it?" he asked as he came and stood behind her.

"The names and dates that are written on the wall," she said excitedly. "They're the names of our parents and the dates that they married," she said as she ran her fingers over the names of Duo Maxwell & Hilde Schiebecker, November 30 A.C. 200.

"Wow," he replied as he reached out and touched the names Trowa Barton & Middi Une, August 12 A.C. 200.

"That's so romantic," she exclaimed softly as she looked at the other names etched in the wall. "Hey look, my brother's name is even here," she said as she touched the name of Christopher Maxwell & Victoria Yuy, July 22 A.C. 221. "That's the date that they declared their love for the other."

"Certainly took them long enough," Miles replied wryly.

"They were just too stubborn. They needed a little help," Randy smirked as she looked up at him.

"You more like pushed," he replied as he twirled a lock of her wet inky hair around his finger.

Randy laughed and leaned against him for a moment. Her eyes scanned the area a little more. "Hey, look a trunk," she said as she moved away. She climbed over another rock. She knelt down in front of it. There was a heavy lock on it. "Hmmm," she said as she slipped a pin from her hair and adroitly picked the lock. She pushed it open and found blankets. "Thank goodness," she said. "Now I can get warm," she muttered as she pulled out a blanket and tossed one to Miles. Her eyes fell on the engraved initials on the inside of the lid, DM, HY, TB, QW, CW. "This belongs to our dads," she said with some surprise.

"They must bring our mothers' here," Miles said as he knelt down next to her. His eyes fell on a high pile of wood. "There's some firewood too. Maybe if I started one, it would warm up," he said as he picked up few logs and set them down in the middle of the floor. "Is there anything in there to start this?"

"Let's see," she answered and dug through the box. "No, there isn't. Use rocks and create a spark that way," she called over her shoulder. She rubbed her hands over her cold arms. "Dammit, this is cold," she mumbled as she touched her soaked clothing. She looked over her shoulder again. His back was to her. She looked at an outcropping of rock and walked behind it. "Well at least its better then freezing," she said as she put the blanket down and stripped off her shirt, shorts, socks, and shoes, until she was standing there in only a black and red lace bra and panties. They were wet too because of the soaking rain. "What the hell," she said and pulled them off as well. She wrapped the blanket around her, grateful that it covered everything and that it went down to her knees. "Do you know what you're doing?. Miles is right over there, what will he think? Its better to stay warm then freeze my ass off. Wrong, he'll be thinking something else entirely. Are you sure about that?" She walked from behind the outcropping.

He struck to stones together several times before it was enough to catch on the wood. He sat there for a moment, making sure that it would be enough to start a fire. Soon, small flames were dancing from it and illuminating the gray walls of the cave with a warm glow. He turned around to see Randy in nothing but a towel. He gulped. "Umm…Randy what did you…why did you…" His palms starting itching. He knew that she probably wasn't wearing a thing under the blanket. "Behave yourself. She's your best friend's kid sister, but with a body of a goddess. And you know you shouldn't be looking either and thinking of ridding her of that towel." But he couldn't stop his eyes from traveling over her. He raised his eyes to hers.

"I was cold," Randy admitted, flushing a little under his intense gaze. She swallowed. "I suggest you do the same," she said as she nodded to his soaking wet clothes.

Miles looked down at himself. "I guess," he said as he stood. He walked past her, holding onto the blanket that she had given him earlier. He pulled off his clothes and wrapped the blanket around his body. His eyes met hers as he came from behind the rock. She had laid out her clothes on the rock close to the fire. He went over and laid his down next to hers.

She went and grabbed two more blankets and put them on a large rock in front of the fire. She sat down on top of it, curling her legs underneath her. She watched him as he sat down on the other side of the rock with at least four feet of space between them. Her eyes went back to the fire, watching the orange and yellow flames dance.

He looked over at her. He could see the firelight reflected in her eyes. He couldn't see a bit of her skin, save for her neck and an arm that was holding the blanket closed. His mind was going wild at what was underneath it. "Stop it, stop it, stop it! Keep your hands to yourself. She isn't just some other girl." Do you feel cold anymore?" he asked softly.

"A little," Randy replied as she glanced over at him. "Are you?" she asked back.

"A little," Miles answered back as he looked over at her. He could see her toes poking out from underneath the edge of the blanket. He saw her shiver a little. "You know, we might be warmer if we sat closer together," he suggested.

She looked at him. She knew he was right. She sighed and scooted closer to him, bringing the blanket that she was sitting on with her. She was now next to him. "This ok?" she asked as she laid her head against his shoulder. She drew the other blanket over her with her free hand.

"That's fine," he whispered as he closed his eyes. He could feel her slender form pressed entirely against his side. This was killing him. "Not if her father doesn't first." He gulped at that thought. If her dad ever caught them like this, he would be sure he wouldn't be living to see the next day. He hoped the rain ended soon.

Randy stared into the fire. She could feel the warmth of his body permeating through her blanket, warming her chilled skin. She instinctively snuggled closer to him. "This is dangerous, you know. But I need his warmth to keep me warm." She closed her eyes.

Miles felt her snuggle closer. It was like heaven and hell all at once. He looked down at her again. Her eyes were closed, her lashes lying like lush fans on her pale cheeks. She looked so incredibly beautiful that it made him ache all over. He lifted one arm and placed it around her. He rested his head on top of hers and looked back into the flames. He could soon hear the shallow, even breathing of her sleep. He sighed. He didn't want this moment to end. He could still hear the rain. But the thought of her father burned in his brain. Her father. God of Death. He really hoped the rain ended soon.

****************************************************************** ************

Duo pulled into the garage, happy to be home at last. He jumped out and went in through the door that led to the kitchen via the rather large mudroom. He noticed the house was silent, except for the lilting of classical music coming from the family room. He hung his keys up on the hook next to the door, not noticing that Randy's were gone. He walked silently through the kitchen and up the few steps that led to the large family room. His eyes fell on his wife, sitting curled up on the couch, flipping though a magazine. "Babe, I'm home," he called softly with a grin on his lips.

Hilde looked up and smiled at him. "I see that you're home. Took you all day with that client," she said as she put the magazine on the table and slid off her glasses. "I was wondering when you would get here."

He sat down next to her and pulled her into his arms. "Why? Miss me?" he asked as he brushed his nose against hers.

"You know I did," she replied as she returned the gesture.

Duo kissed her lips softly as he slid his arms around her. "I missed you too," he said against her mouth.

A smile crossed her lips. "You always miss me. Or rather my cooking is what you miss when you're out late," she teased.

"Very funny," he murmured as he nipped her lips. "But I'm not hungry for food right now," he said as he began pushing her down on the couch.

"I can see that," Hilde replied weakly as his lips covered hers in a long sensuous kiss. She wrapped her arms about his neck as his weight settled on top of her. Her fingers toyed with the hair on his nape.

Duo deepened the kiss. No matter how long they had been married, he still couldn't keep his hands off of her. He heard her pleased whimper as his hands slid down her hips and under her white cotton blouse. He lifted his lips from hers briefly. He looked down into her face. "Where are the kids?" he asked huskily as fingers pressed against her smooth skin.

"The kids are out. We're all alone," she replied faintly as she opened her eyes. His kisses always had a drugging effect on her. "Chris went to the Yuy's for dinner. David went out on a date with Kellie, and Jonathon I think went to play pool with Dominic and Damien at the pool hall."

"Hmm, our son out with Zechs' little girl. I wonder how he likes that?" he mused thoughtfully as he looked into her cornflower eyes. "And where is our devilish little girl tonight?" he asked.

Hilde's eyes skittered away from his for a moment. "She went out, Duo," she replied hesitantly.

"Out with who?" Duo asked, a little puzzled why her eyes began to look guilty.

"She went out with, Miles," she replied, brazening it out. She saw that dangerous look enter his eyes. "Now, Duo, they only went for a walk in the Preserve and then they were going back to his house. You know Trowa and Middi will be there," she said quickly.

"You let our daughter go out with him!" he asked as he leaned away from her. "Why did you do that for?"

Hilde sighed as she sat up. "Sweetheart, Randy is a big girl, she is old enough to go out on a date."

"Not with Miles she isn't," Duo gritted out.

"You don't even let her go out on dates with guys her own age. You managed to scare them all off," she pointed out exasperatedly.

"That was the whole point with the shot gun. It got my point across quite nicely," he snapped as he stood. "I'm calling Trowa to see if she's there," he said over his shoulder as he left the room.

"Shit," Hilde muttered under her breath as she heard him pick up the phone. "Paranoid, paranoid, paranoid," she muttered under her breath as well. She watched him come back into the family room. "Are you satisfied?"

"No. They aren't there," Duo, replied in a clipped voice. His eyes looked out to the rain streaming down the windows. "I have a notorious skirt chaser out with my daughter and I'm going out to look for them," he said as he turned on his heel and strode from the room.

"Duo!" she called as she bounded after him. She linked her arms about his waist in the kitchen. "You're not going out there to look for them. Randy is a responsible young lady," she said as she tried to hold him back.

"She might be responsible, but I don't trust him," he growled as he walked across the floor, only being slowed down a little from Hilde hanging on to him. He looked over his shoulder at her. "Baby, let go."

Hilde shook her head. "No, I'm not letting go. You have to get used to this, Duo. She isn't a little girl anymore," she said as her socks slid on the black and white tiled floor of the kitchen. She tightened her grip on him even more.

"I don't have to get used to anything," he said through clenched teeth as he made it to the mudroom. "Now let go."

"You're being irrational," she pointed out as she put herself in front of him, blocking his way to the garage.

"I'm being completely rational, Hilde, get out of the way," Duo said in a low voice.

"No I won't get out of the way. And you're far from being rational. I can see that look in your eyes. I'm not stupid. You're not leaving this house. You'll have to go through me first," she challenged.

"That's easy enough," he said as he picked her up and set her out of his way.

"Dratted man!" Hilde said as she grabbed the collar of his leather jacket and pulled him down to her. She planted a hot kiss on his lips.

Duo pulled his mouth free. "It's not going to work this time, babe," he said as he slipped out of her grasp. He opened the door to the garage and stepped out.

"Dammit!" she said as she pushed her feet into her boots by the door and pulled on her dark blue raincoat. She rushed out after him into the garage. She yanked open the passenger side of the Suburban. "If you're going out there to look for them, I'm coming with you," she said as she hopped in as he began pulling out.

"Why?" he snapped as he yanked the SUV out of reverse and into drive, with his foot on the gas.

"Because I'll be the one stopping you from killing anybody," Hilde snapped back as she held on to the dashboard as he sped down the driveway.

"You do that," Duo growled as he turned onto the main road towards the Nature Preserve. "I won't kill him, just break every bone in his body extremely slowly."

"You're a maniac when you're irrational," she muttered.

"That's why I was called the God of Death, baby," he replied grimly. His foot pressed harder on the gas pedal.

"That's what I'm afraid of," Hilde whispered to herself.

*************************************************************** ***************

Miles opened his eyes and looked down at Randy. She was still asleep. He glanced at his watch. It was a little after eight and it was still raining. Her legs were now draped over his lap, with her head lolled against his chest. He pressed a gentle kiss on her drying hair and on her forehead. "Duerme mi querida," he whispered in Spanish. It was something that he had picked up from his mother. He remembered her saying it to him when he was a little boy when she was putting him to bed. "Te' amo," he whispered once again. He closed his eyes once again, having no idea what was coming his way.

******************************************************************* ***********

"You baka! Slow down or else you'll get us both killed!" Hilde hissed at Duo as he made a sharp right turn and almost hydroplaned. 'I swear he'll be the death of me."

Duo said nothing, but slowed down just a little. He pulled into the parking lot of the Preserve. He spotted Randy's Jeep sitting there in the rain. "They're still here," he pointed out flatly.

"I can see that," she replied as she rolled her eyes. She latched onto his arm as he opened the car door. "Promise me you won't go crazy on me, at least promise me that."

He looked at her holding onto his arm. He looked up into her eyes. They were pleading. "I'll think about it," he said shortly as he got out and closed the door.

"Dammit, Duo!" Hilde yelled as she got out, pulling the hood of her raincoat over her head. She followed him over to Randy's Jeep. She could see that no one was inside it. "Duo, promise me," she said as she grabbed his arm again.

Duo looked back at his wife. Water was beginning to drip off his bangs. "I don't know if I can promise anything," he replied as he turned on his heel and started down a path.

She stamped her foot angrily. "This is not going well," she said under her breath as she ran after him. "I hope that they're not in any compromising situation or else all hell is going to break loose."

He was walking at ground eating strides. "If that guy so much as has a hand on my daughter, I'm going to kill him." Frankly, he wasn't at all sure what he was going to do to Miles. It would depend solely on what he saw. And if he didn't like it, well, Miles would have a short life span.

Hilde could barely keep up with him, her shorter strides not being able to keep up with his longer ones. These were days she cursed the fact that she was on the short side. She recognized her surroundings. She suddenly knew where they were heading.

Duo could see the waterfall ahead. He stopped when he reached it. He could see something flickering behind it.

She stopped next to him. She looked up at him. His jaw was set and his eyes were glowing dangerously. "Duo," she said warningly.

He glanced back at his wife. Her eyes were angry and pleading at the same time. He stepped behind the waterfall. He was rooted to the spot when his eyes fell on them. His eyes narrowed.

Hilde followed and walked into his back. "What the…" she peered around him. She glanced up at him. His gaze was downright murderous. "Oh shit!"

(Duerme mi querida= Sleep my love, dear) (Te amo= I love you)

Author's Note: Well what do you think is going to happen? Will Hilde be able to stop Duo before Death releases it fury on Miles? Stay tuned for more!