Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Devil With A Blue Dress On (Part Five of the Family Sagas) ❯ PArt Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them except for the kids!

Devil With A Blue Dress On, Part 4

Duo was seething at the sight before him. He could only see the clothes lying on the rocks and the fact that his very undressed daughter was in the arms of a very undressed Miles. The boy was dead. He took a step forward.

Hilde's eyes bounced between the two of them. And being rational, she knew that they hadn't done anything. She felt Duo take a step away from her. She knew what he was capable of doing, so with all her strength, she latched onto his arm and pulled him out of the cave back into the rain. "Don't you dare do it, Duo Maxwell?" she warned as she pushed him against the rock.

"Let go, Hilde," he growled as he looked into his wife's upturned face.

"No, I'm not. I'm not going to let you go in there and maim that poor boy for doing absolutely nothing," she hissed at him. The hood of her raincoat had fallen back, letting the rain soak her hair.

"Nothing! You think that they did nothing!" Duo hissed back. His hands curled into fists. "Neither of them are wearing anything!"

"Well if you haven't noticed, it's raining and their clothes were spread out to dry! If they'd had sex, their clothes would be flung all over the place!" Hilde snapped at him.

"Too bad, he's dead anyway," he gritted out.

"Our daughter is only sixteen years old! And David and Jonathon have told me that Miles is very aware of how old she is! He's not going to do something that he shouldn't!" she exclaimed angrily. "And you know, she's not either of us at sixteen, that was a different time!"

"I was chasing girls at her age," Duo shot back. "And you know what I was doing at his age?"

"What?" she growled.

"Fucking you till your ears rang!"

*CRACK* Her palm landed across his cheek with enough force to make his head snap sideways. "If you ever say something like that to me again, you will permanently find residence on the couch, you hear me!" Hilde yelled furiously. "Now, you will stay out here and I will go back in there and wake them up! You will stay here! Have I made myself clear!" With that, she turned on her heel and went back inside the cave. She walked over to the sleeping couple and shook Miles on the shoulder lightly. "Miles," she whispered.

Duo stood there with his cheek burning. Angry with himself, angry with Miles. "Jackass," he muttered at himself rubbing his stinging cheek.

***************************************************************** *************

Miles heard someone calling his name. He opened his eyes slowly, blinking the person in front of him into focus. "Hilde," he said as he woke up completely.

"Mom," Randy whispered as she woke up. She opened her eyes and saw her mother in front of her. "Mom! What are you doing here? We didn't do anything, I swear!" she admitted frantically.

"I know you didn't, dear," Hilde said gently as she stepped back. Her lips turned into a frown. "But your father is thinking otherwise."

Randy paled. "Daddy?"

Miles paled even more. "D…Duo." I don't even have a will made out."

"Your father is outside waiting. I suggest you both put your clothes on," Hilde said as she turned her back. She walked to the entrance of the cave. "Give me your jacket," she said in a flat voice as she looked at her husband.

Duo looked back at his wife. Her eyes were still glittering with fury. He didn't blame her. He shrugged off his leather jacket and handed it to her.

"Thanks," Hilde said tersely before turning on her heel and going back inside.

Miles was already dressed and had put the blankets away. Except for one. He watched as Hilde came back in. He went over to her. "Hilde, I…"

Hilde put her hand up. "You don't have to explain anything to me Miles. I'm not the one who wants to kill you."

Miles closed his eyes. "How afraid should I be?" "I know what that answer is going to be. I won't live to see the next day."

Hilde's eyes clouded a little. She knew what Duo's temper was capable of. "I would be very, very afraid," she replied as she saw even more color drain from his young face.

"I'm ready, mom," Randy said as she came out from behind the rock. Her clothes were still a bit damp, but not uncomfortable to wear.

Hilde handed her daughter Duo's jacket. "Put that on," she said softly.

Randy slid on the leather jacket. The inside was dry and warm from her dad. "Is dad really mad mom?" she asked quietly.

Hilde looked at her daughter. She could see the fear in her eyes. She knew that she was afraid for Miles. She would admit that she was scared for the young man too. "We should go," she said as she walked out of the cave. Her eyes didn't even look at Duo as she walked past him. She drew her hood back up.

Randy followed her mother, glancing at her dad as she passed. Her eyes caught his for a second before she walked on.

Miles eyes instantly came into contact with Duo's. Fear seeped in as he held the blanket over him. He knew nothing would save him from this.

Duo followed, the rain soaking into his shirt and jeans. He glared at Miles's back the entire way back to the cars. He had noticed that his wife hadn't even looked at him. And his daughter barely looked at him. And Miles had looked at him. He said nothing until they reached the cars.

"I guess I'll take Miles home," Hilde said as she looked at Randy and Miles. She ignored Duo.

"You can take my keys, mom," Randy said as she handed her mother her keys.

"No."

"What?" Hilde asked as she turned to look at Duo.

"I said no. You go home with Randy, I'll take Miles home," he stated in a hard voice.

"Duo," Hilde said through clenched teeth. "I want you to take Randy…"

"And I said no. Randy will go home with you. And I will take Miles home," Duo stated through clenched teeth of his own.

******************************************************************* ***********

Randy looked at Miles. Her eyes were wide at what her dad said. She had heard what Miles had said to her when he thought she was deep asleep. "Te amo," still rang in her ears. She knew what it meant.

Miles went cold. Him and Duo in a car. Alone. There would be nothing to save him from the wrath he knew must be boiling under the surface. He glanced at Randy. Her eyes were filled with fear for him. He mouthed the words to her. "Te amo, Randy."

She smiled tearfully. "Te amo, Miles," she mouthed back.

He smiled slightly when he saw her mouth the words back. It made him incredibly happy that she had responded.

************************************************************* *****************

Duo's eyes went to Miles and his daughter. They were looking at each other. "Get in the car," he snapped at Miles. "And take you mother home," he ordered Randy.

"DUO!" Hilde snapped back at him.

His eyes swung to Hilde's. "Don't argue with me, onna, get in the car with Miranda and go home. I'm not going to say it again!"

Hilde pursed her lips, but said nothing. "Come on, dear," she said to Randy as they walked to the Jeep.

"Miranda Elizabeth, you and I are going to talk when I get home," Duo stated as she walked away from him.

Randy flinched when she heard the use of her full name. "Shit." That usually meant she was in deep trouble. "Yes, daddy," she replied in a small voice as she climbed into the driver's side.

Miles felt his heart clinch painfully as he watched Randy walk away. His eye swung to Duo's as he got into the Suburban.

Randy bit her lip, refusing to let herself cry. She started the Jeep up as soon as her mother climbed in. She didn't say anything as she pulled out of the parking lot and started home.

Duo got in the SUV and glanced at the young man next to him. His hands tightened on the steering wheel, keeping them there. He wanted nothing more then to choke the life out of Miles, but reigned in enough of his temper not to.

Miles watched the taillights of the Jeep disappear from view. He didn't even want to glance at what was next him. "Death."

******************************************************** **********************

Hilde glanced over at her daughter. She could see that Randy was struggling not to lose it. She didn't blame her daughter for this. She knew that the attraction between Miles and Randy couldn't be helped. They were both young.

Randy drove calmly for her mother's benefit. She watched as the rain slipped down the windshield. She was still biting her lip, hard. She could taste blood as she kept herself from crying. She pulled into the driveway and into the garage behind the house. She walked silently behind her mother as they walked in through the other garage and into the mudroom. She slipped off her still wet trail runners and hung her father's jacket on the peg by the back door.

Hilde could see the blood on her daughter's lip. She knew that Randy had inherited Duo's pride. She wouldn't show emotion at all. Her daughter had been more or less a tomboy, being the only girl with three older brothers. She had always roughhoused with them as a girl, acquiring bumps and bruises, but always determined to keep up with her brothers. And that had meant no tears, or hardly any. Her little girl had learned to keep it inside until she was alone. "Sweetheart, why don't you put some dry clothes on and come back down. I'll make you a hot cup of tea," she said gently.

Randy looked at her mother's soft expression. "Sure, mom," she replied faintly as she trudged up the stairs to her room. Once there, she slowly mechanically pulled off her clothes and stepped into a steaming shower. It drove the cold away, but not the lump in her throat. But she wouldn't let herself cry yet. Her slim hands curled into fists, her nails digging into her palms. "Not yet," she whispered.

Hilde had gone up herself and had pulled on a clean dry flannel robe. She could hear the shower running from her daughter's room. She padded downstairs and made some tea for Randy and turned on the coffee machine for herself. She sat down on one of the barstools around the island and waited for her daughter to come down.

Randy pulled on drawstring sweatpants and a navy blue tank top before going back downstairs. Her hair hung in a wet mass down her back. Her bare feet walked silently across the kitchen floor as she pulled out a chair from the table and brought her knees up to her chest. Her eyes connected with her mother's but she said nothing.

Hilde got up and put the cup of tea in front of Randy. "Do you want something to eat?" she asked quietly. She rubbed her daughter's shoulder lightly.

"No, not hungry, mom," Randy replied softly as she took a sip of her tea. Her eyes went to the window and looked out at the rain still streaming down them. Her eyes burned with unshed tears, but she wouldn't cry. She wouldn't. "Please God, keep Miles safe." She continued to stare out the window.

**************************************************************** **************

Miles watched the wipers go back and forth. He didn't say anything. He was too afraid to say anything. For the first time in his life, he would admit that he was scared shitless. His eyes glanced briefly towards Duo. He could see his hands clutching the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were white. His eyes turned forwards again. He swallowed hard.

Duo glanced back at Miles. It was taking almost superhuman effort not to pound him like he wanted to. His eyes went back to the road ahead of him. He knew that Hilde was pissed at him now too for that careless little remark. He knew he shouldn't have said that even before her palm connected to his cheek. He pulled up the road where Trowa and Middi lived. He stopped in front of the house and let it idle.

The only sound that he could hear was his heart pounding. Miles was sure that Duo could hear it too. His hand went to the handle to let himself out. The door was only open a little until an arm shot across him and yanked it closed and locked it. " Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death…" His eyes connected to Duo's. He instantly knew where Randy got her temper. Those cobalt eyes were almost black. His heart dropped and he stopped breathing.

"If you ever, ever have your hands on my daughter again or even think of having your hands on my daughter again, I will personally break every bone in your body so slowly that you'll be begging for death in the end," Duo growled menacingly, his eyes boring into the emerald green ones in front of him. "And if I catch you anywhere near my daughter, you'll wish I killed you right now. Have I made myself clear."

Miles shook his head wildly. "Crystal," he rasped out.

"Good. Now get out," Duo said in a low voice.

***************************************************************** *************

Miles pushed the door open and practically ran for the front door. He heard squealing tires and turned to see the Suburban swallowed up in the rain. He knocked on the door weakly. His legs were shaking. His mother opened the door.

"Miles!" Middi exclaimed as she looked at her bedraggled son. She could see that his eyes were wide with something akin to fright. "What's wrong?" she asked worriedly as she pulled him into the house.

He sat down on the bottom step and let his head fall into his hands. He took deep ragged breaths. He thought that if his heart pounded any harder it would burst through his ribs.

Trowa came out from the kitchen family room and saw his son sitting on the steps. "Miles, where have you been. I thought you and Randy were coming here?" he asked as leaned against the wall, staring at his son.

Miles looked up into the matching pair of green eyes. "Dad, have you ever seen Death?"

Trowa stared at his son, noticing the emphasis on death. "Why?" he asked. "Duo."

"Because I've just looked it right in the face and it has a grave already dug for me," Miles replied as he shoved the heel of his hands into his eyes. "Death, specifically said if I touched his daughter again, he would break everything in my body, very slowly."

Middi knelt down next to her son and touched the side of his face. His skin was cold and clammy to the touch. "Darling, you're freezing," she said softly.

"We got caught in the rain on our walk and we went to that cave behind the waterfall. I swear nothing happened. I made a fire and we wrapped up in blankets, with our clothes drying on the rocks. All I did was have my arms around her, nothing more. And Duo saw us and well he's…" he trailed off as he looked up at his parents again.

Trowa's face tightened a little. "Just like Duo to fly off the handle. What a baka! And what I don't like is that he threatened my son." "Go on upstairs and go to bed. You look like you need it," he said quietly.

"Sure, dad," Miles replied as he stood and slowly walked up the stairs to his room. He stood under a hot jetting spray. Duo's words rang in his head. He clenched his eyes shut. "Dammit! This isn't fair!" he hissed at himself as he pounded his fists on the tile. He climbed out and pulled on dry clothes before flopping onto the bed. He stared sightlessly at the ceiling. There was a soft knock at his door. "Come in," he said tonelessly.

Middi pushed the door open silently and closed it behind her. She sat down on the edge of the bed. She could see the pain in her son's eyes. They were so expressive, for he never had to learn how to hide his emotions like her or his father. "Are you all right?" she asked gently as she brushed his wet hair away from his forehead.

"No," he replied softly. He sat up and put his arms around his petite mother. "I think I've lost her, mom," he said against her neck. He didn't care that his voice was cracking. He was too upset.

Middi stroked his head as she hot face against her neck. He was breathing hard, trying to hold his pain bac. "Shh, it's all right, Miles," she whispered soothingly. She hated it when her children were like this. She didn't know what to do for them sometimes. And Miles her eldest hadn't let his emotions loose like this since he was a little boy. And she supposed it was because of Randy Maxwell. That girl had made an impact on him. When he had returned from college and his eyes had fallen on Randy, he hadn't looked at another girl since. She had seen how he flirted with her and the sixteen-year-old had flirted back. She had questioned that at first because of the obvious age difference. But as time went on, and he and Randy began talking, did she realize that her son was in love with the girl. So she continued to stroke his russet hair and murmur soothing words in his ear.

Miles lifted his head away from his mother's neck. He rubbed his hands across his face, trying to calm himself down. "Sorry, mom. Its not often you see a nineteen year old guy break down like that," he said weakly.

"It's all right, love. Why don't you get some sleep?" she said as she stood and pressed a kiss on his forehead. She walked towards the door. She paused for a moment and turned to look at him. "Your father is going to talk to Duo tomorrow," she said.

"Like that'll change anything," he said a bit sullenly.

"You never know," Middi said as she opened the door. "Duerme mi hijo. Te amo," she said softly.

Miles looked up at his mother, the hall light shining softly off her platinum blonde hair. "That's what I said to Randy too," he said in a faraway voice.

"You told her you loved her," she said with a slight smile.

"Yeah, I love her," he said as he looked out the window into the rain.

Middi smiled sadly and closed the door. She shook her head and slowly walked back down the stairs.

**************************************************************** **************

The clock ticked in the silent kitchen. Hilde sipped her second cup of decaffeinated coffee and watched her daughter take swallow another mouthful of tea. Her eyes went to the clock. Ten thirty. Her eyes went back to Randy.

Randy could feel her mother watching her. She blinked her eyes once and finished her second cup of tea that her mom insisted that she have. Her eyes went to the clock as well. She was dreading the return of her dad. She knew he didn't lose his temper often, but when he did, it was best to get out of the way. She had noticed the handprint her father's face when she had looked at him. And by the way that him and her mom had been talking, she knew that her mother must have slapped him for something he said. The kitchen door opened and she started. It was only Chris.

Chris looked at his mom and his sister. Both of them said nothing. "Why is it so quiet?" he asked as he looked at Randy.

"No reason," Randy replied flatly as she raised her eyes to his.

Chris looked at his mother.

"Your father," Hilde replied quietly.

Chris looked back at his sister. She did look miserable. "What happened?" he asked as he knelt down in front of her. He looked into cobalt eyes that mirrored his own. He could see the unshed tears and the anger, the hurt, the fear. Something was drastically wrong. She didn't answer him. He could see her bite her lip again and her eyes fall away from his. He was just about to ask her again when the garage door opened. His eyes lifted and saw his dad come in. He could tell his dad was in a real bad mood. He squeezed Randy's cold hand reassuringly before standing. He pressed a kiss on his mother's cheek as he passed. "Night, mom," he said faintly as he went upstairs. He stopped when he got to the top and listened.

"Night, Chris," Hilde said as she watched him walk up the steps. Her eyes went to Duo's. "Put dry clothes on, I won't have you making a puddle on the clean kitchen floor."

Duo looked hard at his wife. She was still very angry. He turned and walked back into the mudroom. He noticed dry clothes on top of the dryer. He hurriedly pulled off his wet ones and pulled on the dry ones. He went back into the kitchen. His eyes went Randy, who wasn't even looking at him. Hilde was sipping her coffee again.

Hilde noticed Randy flinch when Duo came back in. She could see her nails digging into her palms. Her eyes went back to him. He didn't look angry enough to kill anymore, but he still had enough in him to make his eyes flash dangerously.

No one said anything. The clock ticked in the silent room.

****************************************************************** ************

Chris heard the sounds of David and Jonathon's cars. He ran down the hall to the front steps and slid down the banister. He flung open the door. It had stopped raining. He went to the back of the house. "Hey, don't go in the back," he warned them as they got out.

"Why?" David asked as he looked at Chris.

"Because I think something bad is going down between mom, dad, and Randy. I don't know what it is, but dad looks extremely pissed," Chris said as he looked back towards the house.

"It's Miles, isn't it?" Jonathon asked as they walked to the front of the house.

"Miles? What's going on?" Chris asked.

"Miles and Randy went out to the Preserve today," David answered.

"And dad didn't know about it," Jonathon said. "Mom let her go out with him."

"So that's why," Chris mused. "But I think its something more then that. Be really quiet and come upstairs with me," he said in a soft voice as they walked back inside the house.

They walked silently up the stairs. They removed their shoes and closed their doors before all sitting on the floor or leaning on the wall next to the back steps and waited.

"I don't hear anything," Jonathon whispered to Chris, who was standing against the wall.

"I don't think anyone's said anything yet," Chris whispered back.

"Shh," David hushed as he looked at his brothers.

************************************************************** ****************

Randy could hear the sounds of her brother's footsteps as they went back up the stairs. She counted the sound of three doors closing and then silence. She swallowed. Her nails were stinging in her palms and the lump in her throat felt like it was choking her. The clock chimed eleven, startling her, making her knee bump against the table. Her eyes swung towards her dad first. His eyes were on her.

Duo stared at Randy. Her eyes had gone wide when she looked at him. He looked back at Hilde. She looked away from him. "You have some explaining to do, young lady," he said in a low angry voice.

Randy's eyes skittered back to his. "What is there to explain, you'll just shoot it down anyway," she replied just as angrily.

"What were you doing out with Miles!" he growled.

"I was on a date! Something I'm not allowed to go on because you've scared all the guys off!" Randy returned heatedly. Her nails broke through the skin, drawing blood. Her chest was aching.

"And with good reason! All those boys just want to…"

"Want to what, dad? Sleep with me! God forbid! I don't need you to tell me that! But I'm a big girl; I am perfectly capable of handling any guy I meet! I don't need you scaring them all off!" she yelled back, her eyes blazing now.

"You're too young, especially for Miles! He's too old for you and I don't like the way that he hangs around you and how he looks at you!"

"Like you look at mom when you think no one is looking? Dammit, dad, Miles hasn't done a thing to me! He hasn't made any overture to get me into bed! I know how old I am and so does he!"

Duo raked his hand through his wet hair. His daughter was openly defying him, much like Hilde would do. "Listen to me, Miranda, you're my daughter, and I will not let a skirt chaser like Miles Barton put his hands on you!" he shouted.

*************************************************************** ***************

Chris, Jonathon, and David listened as the yelling continued to go on downstairs. Making them all flinch when they heard Randy yelling back.

****************************************************************** ************

Hilde watched as father and daughter yelled back and forth. They were so like one another. Randy had a temper to match his. She didn't get involved. Not yet.

"Skirt chaser! Jeez, dad, like you were so much better when you were a teenager," Randy hissed. Some blood dripped from her palms to the floor.

"We're not talking about me!" Duo hissed back, noticing the few drops of blood on the floor.

Hilde snorted.

Duo turned his eyes to his wife. "And don't you have anything to say?" he asked.

"Not yet," Hilde replied shortly as she poured herself a third cup.

"That's a laugh! You don't want me dating someone that was like you!" Randy hissed her voice beginning to crack under the strain of holding back.

That had Duo at a loss for words. He stared at her. He could see her swallowing convulsively as she held everything. And her eyes had gone almost black, like his did when he was angry and upset. "I don't want you to get hurt," he bit out. "That's why you're not allowed to date Miles again and I told him more or less the same!"

"WHAT!" Randy shrieked as she got out of the chair. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?" she screeched at him, her voice cracking horribly, the tears in her eyes beginning to well up.

"NOTHING! BUT I SHOULD HAVE ALONG TIME AGO!" Duo yelled back.

****************************************************************** ************

That made Chris, Jonathon, and David jump. They could hear that Randy was on the verge of losing it completely.

************************************************************ ******************

"I don't believe this! You threatened him didn't you?" Randy said through clenched teeth, tears beginning to spill down her cheeks despite her efforts to hold them back.

"No more then I did to any other guy," Duo shot back. His heart was pounding. He watched his daughter bite her lips again, holding it back. This was killing him as much as it was killing her. He hated doing this. His anger really did make him irrational and maniacal.

"Does it matter to you at all, that your taking him away from me and that it will make me terribly unhappy," she said in a low pain filled voice.

"You'll find someone else that I can approve of," he returned in softer, gentler tone.

Randy snapped. "I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE! I'M IN LOVE WITH HIM! I LOVE MILES!" Tears came flooding down her cheeks as she turned and ran from the room. She ran up the stairs and past her brothers. She slammed the door and broke down into great gulping sobs as she slid to the floor.

Chris, Jonathon, and David looked at each other in shock. They listened to their sister's heart wrenching sobs. They remained where they were, waiting to see if anything else would happen.

**************************************************************** **************

Duo watched as Randy ran from the room. His mouth open in shock. "She's in love with Miles? But she's only sixteen." "Only sixteen," he said softly to himself.

Hilde said nothing, as she tore a paper towel off the roll and knelt down by the kitchen table. She wiped up the few spots of blood and it threw it away. She took her cup and placed it in the sink. She turned to look at her husband. "I'll say that went rather badly, don't you think?" she asked caustically.

Duo flinched at the sound of Hilde's voice. He raised his eyes to her. "Did you know this?"

"No. The only thing that I saw of their relationship was handholding and a kiss," she replied as she crossed her arms in front of her.

"A kiss?" he asked his forehead furrowing.

"One little kiss, Duo, and that was all," Hilde replied as she saw the anger flare briefly in his eyes. "You know she was bound to be kissed sometime. She's not a little girl anymore, no matter how much you delude yourself into thinking that she is."

"She's only sixteen," Duo stated as he watched his wife sit down again.

"But she won't stay there forever either. Duo, she'll be an adult in two years. After that there is nothing much we can do. Are you so afraid of losing control over her?"

He didn't answer. "I'm not afraid of losing control over her," he finally said.

"Could have fooled me," Hilde said sarcastically. "Or you thinking back to when you were her age and chasing after all those girls and sleeping with them. Don't worry, Duo, Randy is nothing like those girls you've fooled around with. She's like me. She'll be the one a guy will come home to every night because she is so much more then the others. You and Miles are the same. He might have been with other girls, but he has only come to love one. I saw what he mouthed to her. He loves her, Duo. Just like you said you loved me when you came back from fighting Mariemaia and you were so willing to wait until I was ready because you loved me that much," she stated as she got up from her chair.

"That was a different time, we had to grow up long before we had to," Duo said as he looked away.

"That's true. You might have not been a virgin at sixteen, but I was. Be glad that she's decided to stay that way even though she acts as brazen and bold as they come," she said with a rueful smile.

Duo turned to look at her again. "He's too old for her," he said softly.

"Stop thinking about his age," Hilde said dismissively as her smile turned hard. "At least he's not doing what you did to me at nineteen," she said, as she looked him straight in the eye. "And how did you put it…oh, yes, "I was fucking you till your ears rang," she said as she turned on her heel and went up the steps.

***************************************************************** *************

The three boys' eyes widened at those words. They saw their mother come up the stairs and walk past them. They looked at each other with shock, not believing that their dad had said something like that to their mom.

******************************************************************* ***********

Duo ran up the stairs after her. He noticed his sons standing and sitting there. "Hilde," he called out as he reached her. He stopped as she walked into the master bedroom and shut the door. It opened again and a pillow and a blanket were tossed at him.

"Until you apologize to me and your daughter, you will be sleeping on the couch until then," Hilde snapped at him as she turned on her heel once again and slammed the door.

Duo stood there as the windows rattled from the impact of the slam. He knew where he was. He was far up shits creek without a paddle. He saw the light flicker out from beneath the door. He sighed and turned around again. He saw all three sons giving him censorious looks.

David turned and went into his room, shutting the door behind him.

Jonathon stood and shut his door behind him as well.

Duo watched Chris turn around and then stop, to look back at him.

"I hope you can hear Randy crying her heart out," Chris growled as he turned and slammed his door behind him.

Duo let his head fall back. All three of his son's were overly protective of their sister and their mother. And because he was the one that made them upset, they were mad at him for making them that way. He shut his eyes tight and let out a sigh. He could hear Randy still crying and it tore at him. He walked back down the steps to the family room, flipping the kitchen light off and locking the kitchen door. He dropped his pillow and blanket on the couch and stared at the ceiling. He flicked off the light behind him and put his arms under his head. He didn't fall asleep for a very long time.

Author's Note: I know this part was really long, but I wanted to get as much detail in as I could. I am thinking about doing a short POV for Duo as he's lying there on the couch, let me know if you think I should do one or not. Until then, stay tuned!