Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Fever! ❯ Bolt From the Blue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fever!

By an ebony flame

Chapter One: Bolt From the Blue*

Disclaimer: Let's see the checklist for today: 1) Write GW fic [check] 2) Post on ff.net [check] 3) Conquer the world and take GW as my private possession [uhh….]. That's right people; I don't own Gundam Wing. So don't sue me, k?

Notes: 3x4 (Trowa/Quatre), 1+2 (Heero + Duo) AU, maybe a little OOC (I've never seen GW, just read the fanfics).

There were only five boys left in the room. They looked at each other, observing.

"As you have probably guessed, you will be sharing the last cabin together on the far end of the compound, Cabin 9. There's a storm coming this way, so I suggest you get to your cabin right away. There is food waiting for you that will last through the night, the camp will meet in the mess hall at 600 hours. Ja ne." The general left the boys and walked towards the official's cabin, the only luxurious building on the mountain, the only luxury being hot water.

"You heard what the man said," a boy with an inhumanly long braid said. "Let's go!" The boys gathered their packs and began the hike to their cabin. It was snowing lightly, giving the atmosphere a heavenly look.

"Oh yeah," another boy said sarcastically after a couple of minutes, "This is a huge storm. I'm being blown away." As if this angered the entity acting as God at the moment, they were assailed with thick snow. The boys ran harder. Thunder sounded loudly, completely breaking the previous peaceful humor. They passed numerous cabins, none of which their own.

Finally, a Chinese boy yelled, "I see the cabin!" This seemed to inspire the rest of the boys, because their pace had been slowing and the breath had become labored in the cold, icy weather. They moved swiftly, and soon they were all jogging up the stairs.

A blonde boy was the last one to walk into the cabin; he immediately closed the door and dropped his bag with a loud sigh. A fourth boy looked outside the window, fogging up the area near his mouth. He looked out the window, a hint of sorrow in his green eyes. The blonde boy watched this one with growing interest. The brown-haired boy looked extremely good, his bangs completely covering one eye. The other was an alluring green, the outer landscape of snow reflecting off his shining iris. The Arabian licked his lips, staring; his thoughts were getting dirtier by the nanosecond, as if rolling mud after a long rain. He was then taken aback when the banged-boy looked up at him, catching his eye. They stared at each other, neither wanting to keep gaze, neither wanting to turn away.

Across the room, another boy was watching them intently. He smiled mentally. Good, he thought to himself. Duo and I won't be the only gay ones here. He turned his attentions to the braided boy, who noticed and smiled back. Heero smiled, an expression reserved for his lover, then immediately turned away. There was still the Chinese boy left, he did not know how he felt about gays, and didn't want to be labeled a "fag." He had dreams about having a high position in the military and the world just wasn't ready for a gay commander.

"We should probably pick rooms," the Chinese boy said.

"Maybe we should introduce ourselves first?" the blonde one replied. The others nodded in agreement.

"Good idea. I'm Heero."

"Duo." The braided boy said.

"Trowa." The banged one said.

The blonde said, "Quatre," as his heart started beating normally again. Hearing Trowa's voice speed up its rhythm.

"Wufei," the Chinese boy said lastly. "Maybe we should see how many rooms there are?" So the young men surveyed the cabin. It turns out there were three rooms.

"I'll stay with Heero," Duo stated. "We're old friends."

Wufei nodded and turned to Trowa and Quatre. "So…which one of us will have his own room?"

Trowa spoke up, "Well I don't snore, so I'll share with someone." Trowa turned to Quatre and looked as if to say, Take it or leave it.

There was a long pause. Quatre didn't want to say anything, to give his feelings away. There was something about Trowa. He possessed a strange power that he could not quite put his finger on. As if to rescue Quatre from thinking of a good excuse to share a room with Trowa, Wufei claimed he actually snored quite loudly, so he should probably have his own room.

Soon they were all agreed. As they were unpacking in their room, Heero told Duo of his observations.

"How cute. How about we give them some time alone?" Duo suggested.

"What do you mean?" Heero replied.

"Well, you, me, and Wufei could go and look for firewood. There's a fire place in the front room."

"We wouldn't be able to find any dry wood. It's covered with snow and would get wet if we brought it here."

"But it would give the a chance to get 'acquainted.' Besides, if they get together we'll have someone to tell about us. And I need someone to tell." Duo tried to look as cute as possible. "Please," he said as he snuggled up to Heero's leg. Heero smiled despite himself.

"Sure. Anything for you." After a long kiss, the two walked to Wufei's room and knocked on the door.

"Wufei," Duo said after he opened his door. "Come with Heero and I to get fire wood."

"Okay," Wufei said. "But first I have to get my coat. It's awfully cold out there"

"That's a good idea," Heero replied. "I'll go get mine."

"So will I." Duo said.

Of course, they didn't get just coats. They spent about 15 minutes putting on scarves, jackets, sweaters, gloves, mittens, etc. Then finally they finished. As they headed for the door, Wufei said, "Shouldn't we get Trowa and Quatre?"

"We don't need them. They can stay here." Wufei shrugged and soon the house was empty except for numbers 3 and 4.

Quatre was sitting nervously on his bed. He knew what was going on between he and Trowa, but he didn't know how to address it. He felt the bed move as Trowa sat next to him. He turned his head slightly to see Trowa staring at him. His heart beat harder and harder. It felt as if they were playing his eardrums in the deep silence of the room. Then Trowa grabbed him and kissed him deeply.

* Bolt from the Blue means "surprise" I don't know what decade it came from, but that's what Winword said.