Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero's Blanket ❯ Heero's Blanket ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing. I'm just playing around with the characters.

Notes: This story came from a discussion I had with my 3 year old.

Summary: Heero is looking for his blanket.


It was around eleven at night when Heero entered the living room of the current safehouse. The boy watching the local news looked up at his entrance but didn't say anything as he looked around the room as if searching for something.

After five minutes of watching his fellow pilot looking under tables and behind furniture Quatre finally voiced the question going through his mind. "Heero," he asked, managing to interrupt the other boy's search, "what are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for my blanket," Heero responded, looking at Quatre as if he had asked the silliest question he possibly could. "It's not in my room and I need it to get a good night's sleep before that mission tomorrow. Do you have any ideas where it might be?"

"Uh … no Heero. I'm sorry I don't," Quatre answered, but before he could ask Heero to describe the missing blanket Heero had left the room.

Wufei was just coming down the hall towards the living room as Heero left it, almost knocking Wufei over because he wasn't really paying attention.

"What are you doing Yuy?" Wufei questioned as he regained his balance.

"I'm looking for my blanket," Heero replied with a huff. "It's not in my room and I need it so that I can get a good night's rest before tomorrow's mission. Have you seen it?"

After considering the other boy's statement Wufei replied, "I do not believe that I have, however, if …"

Without waiting to hear more, Heero continued down the hall. At the bottom of the stairs he ran into Trowa and found himself once again being interrogated about what he was looking for.

"Looking for something Heero?" Trowa asked. "Care to tell me what it is? I might be able to help."

Feeling very put-upon by now, Heero replied once more. "I am looking for my blanket. It's not in my room and I need it so I can get a good night's sleep before tomorrow's mission. Do you have any idea where it might be?"

Taking a guess as to what Heero was referring to, Trowa questioned in turn, "Have you looked in the kitchen yet?"

"Not yet. Thank you," Heero replied over his shoulder as he headed towards the kitchen.

As he rounded the corner to enter the kitchen Heero saw the refrigerator door wide open. Placing his hand upon the door he started pushing it shut while saying, "It's time for bed. You don't need any more food."

"Not fair Heero," Duo complained as the shutting door forced him away from all the goodies inside. "All I wanted was a snack."

"Come on," Heero said as he grabbed Duo by the wrist and started pulling him from the kitchen. As they reached the stairs the other three boys looked out the door of the living room.

"Did you find your blanket Heero?" Quatre asked.

As he pulled Duo up the stairs Heero threw back over his shoulder, "Yes, and I'm taking it to bed now. Good night."

Quatre looked at the other two standing with him. "I didn't see a blanket with Heero. Did either of you?"

"Not I," Wufei replied, but before Trowa could say anything Duo's voice came clearly from upstairs "I am not a blanket Heero Yuy!" and Heero's voice, just as clearly, replying "Yes you are. You are my Duo-blanket. Now get over here and into bed. We have a mission in the morning."

Trowa laughed at the shocked faces of his two fellow pilots. "To answer your question Quatre, yes, I did see Heero's blanket with him as he went up the stairs."