Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Decision ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Decision
 
Sarah stood outside of the doorway dressed in an oversized coat. She knew that she wasn't suppose to be here. She knew people would notice that she was gone from the clinic especially Trowa. She blinked a few times and knocked on the door twice. I can't believe they live in an apartment building.
 
Sarah had woken up entangled in Trowa's arms with her head resting on his arm. He was still sound asleep curled up around her almost. The power hadn't been switched on yet, which was a good thing for them anyway. She carefully flipped on the flashlight making him stir. A smile crossed her lips.
 
“Trowa,” she whispered. “Get up. We need to get back to our rooms.”
 
He groaned and opened his green eyes. “What for?” he mumbled.
 
“If we're caught in here…”
 
Trowa then sat up and stretched letting the sheet fall. Sarah bit her lip and hugged Trowa from behind. She let her head rest on his shoulder and felt that his cheek was warm.
 
“Maybe during the night we could escape to here?” suggested Sarah nipping at his ear.
 
Trowa softly smiled and pulled her around to his lap. “Al will notice me leaving every night and coming back early morning.”
 
“That doesn't matter. He'll never find out.”
 
Trowa flipped her hair. “You're always positive nothing will happen. What always make you think that?”
 
Sarah shrugged. “Because Al wont notice that you always leave the room during the night. It's Al, c'mon.”
 
He now brushed his finger up and down her cheek. He looked at her like no one had done before. His green eyes had life and full of fire.
 
That's why she stood at the door waiting for someone to open it. She tapped her foot impatiently for someone to open this door. Then that someone did open the door.
 
Crystal stood at the doorway in her fluffy pink bathrobe and her hair pulled back into a low ponytail. She stared at Sarah questionably.
 
“How did you get out?” questioned Crystal.
 
Sarah peeked inside the apartment. “Is your Gundam boy still here?”
 
“No, he already left for work. How long do you have?”
 
Sarah shrugged. “An hour or so. I went out the fire escape on the roof. Very fun.”
 
“Come on in.”
 
Sarah walked inside their small apartment instead of the pent house Crystal use to live in. A small blue couch was placed in front of the flat screen TV mounted on the wall. The floors were all wooden as Sarah gazed around. The walls had wedding pictures of herself and Duo along with her “family” members. Then there were pictures of just Crystal and Duo posing together. Nothing of Sarah or Victor or even Amy for that matter. The kitchen was fairly normal with a small table in the so-called dining room. There held all of Crystal's priceless china dishes which Duo never asked how she got her hands on them. Sarah then saw the hallway, which led to the bedrooms and bathroom.
 
“Didn't want to move into your pent house?” muttered Sarah flopping down on the couch.
 
Crystal shrugged and tossed Sarah her pack of cigarettes. Sarah caught them easily and stared down at them. Crystal sat down next to Sarah.
 
“So what's up? I know you didn't just magically leave without a reason.”
 
Sarah bit her lower lip. She looked up at the ceiling. “Well-uh-I don't really know how to say it.”
 
Crystal lit her cigarette. She blew smoke out between her teeth. “Is it about your mission?”
 
Sarah nodded.
 
Crystal's face paled. “Please tell me Trowa isn't dead in there and your going to tell me to run away with Duo.”
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow at her and shook her head. “God no! I can't even think about killing him or everyone else! Plus we both know what Heero would do.”
 
Crystal sighed of relief. “Oh, yes. I forgot about your Heero.”
 
Sarah glared at her. “It was half a year. I don't like him.”
 
She smirked. “More like a year. So what's wrong with your mission? Has Zeon done something?”
 
Sarah now looked at the floor. “I've actually done something. I can't kill him! UGH!!!” She then smashed her face into the pillow next to her. “I've screwed up!” she muffled.
 
Crystal's mouth dropped out and the cigarette fell into her hand. “You didn't.”
 
“I did,” she groaned.
 
“Do you like him?” she exclaimed, happily.
 
Sarah nodded now sitting back up. “God I'm an idiot.”
 
Crystal happily smiled. “The Great Sarah Satoru likes Trowa Barton! Ha! Duo was right about you two!”
 
“Right about what?” she grumbled.
 
“You two liking each other. Duo told me once that Trowa didn't even let his friends visit him. So tell me how do you have sex in a mental place?”
 
Sarah laughed. “THAT is none of your damn business!”
 
Crystal giggled and snuffed out her cigarette. “So when did this happen?”
 
Sarah then quickly retold Crystal what had happened the night before. Her smile grew and grew until Crystal hugged Sarah in excitement.
 
“I'm so happy for you! Heero couldn't even make you smile like this and a mute can!”
 
Sarah, glancing away, said, “Well-uh-he's not a mute anymore. He started talking to me the day we went to the circus.”
 
“So it's been a while.” She paused. “So what are you going to do about killing everyone off?”
 
“Simple. Tell Zeon that Barton is completely insane and that the others are MIA. Plus…I think Zeon has hired another person to follow Trowa.”
 
Crystal raised an eyebrow. “Who?”
 
“I'm not sure. I just have this feeling, ya know? Hey where's my gun?”
 
Crystal smiled apologetically. “I gave it to Duo to deliver this morning. Let's hope Trowa doesn't say anything.”
 
“Oh, SHUT UP!” she laughed playfully punching Crystal on the arm. “What did you tell Duo it was?”
 
“Oh, just something us girls only know about. He thought it was sweet and everything.”
 
“Whatever. So how do I retire from this and live a happy life?”
 
Crystal nodded and thought. “Well you both will have to be discharge and since you entered yourselves, I'm guessing you can sign yourselves out. I strongly suggest having Victor help you out. God knows how bad it'll be getting out.” She paused. “Victor will understand. He understood what I wanted to do.”
 
Sarah sighed. “Yes, but you aren't Satoru. He'll probably have a heart attack after we leave.”
 
It was almost nine in the morning when Sarah slipped out of the library where she had escaped. No one noticed or saw that the window was cracked open or the patient's clothing just lying around. She quickly changed and stashed the other clothes underneath a desk.
 
The intercom then flipped on, “Sarah James. Sarah James. There is a package for you at the front desk.” The intercom flipped off.
 
She walked out of the library and headed towards the front desk.
 
 
Trowa woke up a few hours later since Sarah and he departed and after the lights had turned on. Al hadn't noticed anything yet. After Trowa had walked Sarah back to her room the lights flipped on; power was back. He then darted to his own room where Al was heavily sleeping.
 
He now walked to Sarah's room leaving a note for Al that he had gone after her. He opened her door finding that she was gone. Trowa looked around; no Sarah. He frowned.
 
The intercom then flipped on. “Trowa Barton. Trowa Barton. You have a visitor. Please come to the front desk.” It flipped off.
 
He sighed knowing it was Quatre. Who else would visit him in this hellhole? He slumped towards the front desk and saw Duo standing there. Duo waved at him.
 
“HEY TRO!!!!” he called.
 
Trowa waved at him. He stopped in front of him raising an eyebrow.
 
“I'm dropping off something for Sarah from Crystal. I think Crystal sent her like perfume or face wash. Something like that, ya know?”
 
Trowa nodded.
 
Duo now raised an eyebrow. “Are you feeling okay? Usually you flip me off and glare and do that freaky mute language.”
 
Trowa opened his mouth to talk. He could see how Duo waited, excited. Just talk already. It's Duo. Your friend.
 
“Trowa are you okay?” asked Duo. “For a minute there you looked sick.”
 
Trowa shook his head. He pointed to himself and gave a thumbs up.
 
“Then what's up? I've never seen you like this.”
 
Trowa, with his soft smile, shrugged. He lifted up his arms and tilted his head to the side. Who knows?
 
Duo then leaned towards Trowa. “Does it involve this Sarah?”
 
Trowa shrugged again. Duo frowned. Trowa then glanced down at Duo's watch: it was almost nine. How long had Al been out? He never slept in.
 
“Sarah's okay, right? You didn't kill her or anything did you?”
 
Trowa gave Duo a strange look. He opened his mouth to speak again, but the intercom then flipped back on. “Sarah James. Sarah James. You have a package at the front desk.” It flipped back off.
 
He then grabbed a sticky-note and a pen. He wrote down: WHAT THE HELL? in big black letters.
 
“Well because I remembered when you killed that man who attacked you and you were really happy about that one.”
 
Trowa frowned. GO TO HELL. SHE'S FINE
 
“Yeah I bet so. Hey speak of the devil. She is fine.”
 
Trowa glanced behind him and Sarah appeared right next to him smiling at Duo. He briefly touched her hand with his finger.
 
“Hey there Duo,” she said, happily. “What brings you here?”
 
Duo smiled. “I actually just dropped off a package for you. It's from Crystal.”
 
Sarah smiled and turned to the front desk. The same nurse sat behind the desk. She saw Crystal's gift wrapped in a box with probably some facial cream or whatever she told Duo. She frowned and turned back around.
 
“I hate that nurse,” she muttered. “I'll get it later.”
 
Duo nodded. “Great. So Sarah what's up with Trowa?”
 
Sarah cocked her head to the side. “What do you mean?” She looked over Trowa. “He looks fine to me.”
 
Duo looked between the two then down at his watch. “Well guys I gotta go. I need to get going. I'll see you guys later.”
 
“Bye Duo.”
 
Trowa waved and watched Duo leave and turn down the sidewalk. He sighed and grabbed Sarah's hand.
 
“Let's go get breakfast, shall we?”
 
They turned and walked towards the cafeteria. “So did you sleep well?” asked Sarah looking up at him.
 
He looked down at her and smiled. “Yes. I'm sorry that I slept in,” he whispered
 
“It's fine. I sorta slept in to then went to the library.”
 
Trowa nodded and whispered, “What do you think Crystal sent you?”
 
“I have no idea.”
 
 
Duo stopped right outside the door hiding from Trowa and Sarah's view. He waited a few seconds then peeked back inside the clinic. Trowa and Sarah were holding hands as they walked away from the front desk. Duo's eyes widened at this new sight. Trowa's lips were moving and smiling and Sarah was talking back to him. He turned away and pulled out his phone.
 
“Hey Cindy. Is Quatre in? It's important.”
 
Sarah's forehead was on Trowa's chest as he held her. They were back in the closet, which seemed to always be unlocked. It was past midnight and no one was in the halls. Al had woken up in the late morning then went back to bed early tonight. Trowa was playing with Sarah's smooth hair.
 
“Trowa can we leave the clinic?” she asked quietly.
 
He looked down at her. “What do you mean?”
 
“I mean leaving this place forever and living someplace else.” She looked up at his questionable stare. “You could go back to the circus and I could go back to my old job.”
 
“Can you leave whenever you want?” he asked.
 
Sarah nodded. “You?”
 
Trowa carefully nodded. “Quatre actually placed me in here. What brought on leaving?”
 
Sarah touched his face. Trowa then finally saw that Sarah wasn't telling him something. Her face was sad and her eyes showed almost fear.
 
“What is it?” he asked. “You look so scared.”
 
“I just want to leave here. Please.”
 
Trowa then hugged her running his hair through her hair. “Just let me talk to Quatre. Then I'm sure we can leave.” He paused feeling Sarah wrap her arms around him tighter than ever. “Hey what's wrong?”
 
Sarah then buried her face into his shoulder. “Nothing,” she lied. “Nothing's wrong.”
 
Once Trowa fell asleep and Sarah could hear his faint snoring. She turned to him remembering what her and Crystal had talked about.
 
“So what are you going to do?” asked Crystal.
 
Sarah pulled on the borrowed jacket. She shrugged and flipped her hair out.
 
“You have to decide before it's too late.”
 
Sarah looked down at the floor. “I'm going to stay with him. Even if Victor begs me and we have to go into hiding, I can't leave him.”
 
“So you're going to leave the clinic and live as a circus wife?” Crystal grinned.
 
Sarah smirked. “He is my target after all.”
 
Sarah blinked several times as she studied Trowa. She shifted closer to him and kissed his chin. “I can't ever leave you here,” she whispered.
 
Trowa then pulled Sarah up to his chest and his chin rested on the top of Sarah's head. He held her tightly. Sarah then felt tears running down her cheeks as she fell asleep.