Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Immortal ❯ Immortal ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Immortal
By Cyrelia J

My leg itches. I swirl the teacup around in my hand and let the rubber sole of my shoe remedy the problem. My reflection wavers in the dark liquid before I take another long sip. The china clinks a few times pathetically as it rest it down again on the saucer with unease; a few drops splash over the side. I lick my lips nervously before looking at the man in front of me. I wish his eyes weren't so obscured but I'm sure could I see them this would be even more difficult.

"I won't forget you," I murmur from behind my steepled hands.

"That a fact?" He raises his cup to drink and it shakes as always. I look back down on the table. He was always more realistic about these sorts of things. I sigh and reach for a cookie. I take a bite and slowly chew until the crumbs in my mouth meld into a unpleasant glucose paste. It's hard to swallow.

"Don't be so weak. You know better than that." his cup falls sloppily back into place. He pauses for a long time. "Do you suppose that you'll live forever?"

I blink a few times and pick at a scab on my arm. "I hope not." I close my eyes so I don't have to look at his face. "I want to die before everyone I love."

He sighs across from me and brushes the stray bangs from my forehead. "I would want that you live at least to bury me."

"I would want to die in the war." I whisper to his calloused fingertips. "I wouldn't ever want to cry for you." I shut my eyes as my vision blurs and I take a deep breath and inhale the scent of strong vanilla and the green tea that sits between us. "If you die before me I won't shed a single tear for you you bastard."

"And here you I though you'd grown rather fond of me." he murmurs withdrawing his hand.

I look away and wipe at my eyes absently. They're dry. "You're just a good fuck is all." We both laugh for a while until it seems painful and forced. I stand up and cross my arms, locking out the window to the gray streets. "I think I will live forever. I think god punishes those who want nothing more than to die." I stand there and feel his arms encircle me tightly. I feel warmth where his hair tickles my neck.

"Am I really so terrible?" His lips brush my cheek as I stare at the warehouse housing Wing. I lean back against him imagining the day he dies; bright and vivid in my mind in a grand conflagration of death and hell all rolled into one frighteningly forgettable package. My fingers interlace with his metal ones. "Yes."