Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mea Culpa ❯ Confession 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Mea Culpa

By Devon Masterson

AN: No one take this title personally, it's a title of a song by enigma and it kind of went along with the look that Duo first gave us; the priest look. This is a sequel to Bohemian Rhapsody, but can stand alone, but you can still read BR for absolute details.

You have to have an open mind to read this, trust me, I've already been cursed out by a few morons. Leave constructive reviews and if you flame me do it with impudence, leave your e-mail. I can take a flame, but flamers with no balls piss me off and it makes you look like an ass not me. Also for the record I am a female. So if you see fit to curse me out and call me names use ones that fit my gender, calling me a "mf douche bag" does not quite fit. Okay, all done whining ;p

Recapitulation: (yes, that's what recap stands for)

In Bohemian Rhapsody [BR] several things happened, but I will get to the major details that might spoil some things, but I'm sure you will get over it. Trowa married Lady Une whose real name is Victoria Wagner. Heero is going by the name Odin Lowe the second in public and had to face some things from his past. (Two weird things George Michael is the President of Earth Sphere and is married to Serena Tsukino [different personality just used the name]. Also Serena is Heero's mom and she's feisty. Her and Victoria had it out more than once.) The marriage of Trowa and Victoria caused a rift between them and Heero but that all ended when Trowa died protecting Heero. This caused Victoria to leave the Preventers. Heero took care Victoria and her newborn daughter, Andrea, you should be able to figure out the rest as you read.

Confession One

Duo stood in front of the door nervously. The last time someone that he cared about was sick, he ended up alone. He did not want to see that happen again. Part of him wanted to walk the other way and never turn back. It was not like anyone would fault him, she was not even his mother. The Countess was Victoria's mother. So what if she made him feel comfortable and looked after, he was a grown man. He did not need to babied and coddled. He was an expert soldier and had been since his teens. In battle there were no loved ones, just mission and objectives; the cause was the only thing worth caring about, worth dying for. It was his sentimentality, when he was a child and now, that making this issue.

He touched the door lightly and dropped his head. He balled his fist. "No! She is important to me. I have to face this so I can at least say good-bye this time."

Duo took a deep breath and turned the knob. The door opened in seemingly slow motion until it was opened enough for him to get a good look inside of the room. It was actually a cheery place; it kind of fit her personality in a sickening way. Everything was white not a stitch of predominate color insight. It was so pure it was depressing. It's not what he would have imagined for her, but then she was girlie that way.

"Are you a friend or family member?" the nurse asked as she looked up from her patient. She smiled as her eyes registered him with familiarity.

"I'm a friend," he answered.

Her eyes clouded disappointedly. "She's asleep right now," she said lowly. "Her fever has gone down quite a bit, but it's still a little high. Do you happen to know if Lady Victoria has arrived yet?"

"She's downstairs," he replied.

"I need to speak with her and the family. Would mind staying with her for a few moments?" she asked.

Duo shook his head and sat in the chair beside the bed. He sighed as he watched the older woman breathe in and out somewhat peacefully. Beads of sweat formed on her brow as she shifted in her sleep. Apparently, she was having some sort of nightmare caused by the fever. "She doesn't look too bad," he thought, "maybe she'll be okay." He touched her hand tenderly. "Hey, Mom, you got get better so we can educate Quatre on the finer points of cinema, besides I know you want to see Vic and Heero finally get married. Hell, you gotta see me get hitched; you know that will be the event of the century. Of course, it will take some time to find a girl who can tame this stallion, but you never know."

In response to his voice, the Countess opened her eyes and smiled. "Christoff," she sighed. "I'm glad you came to see me. I miss you."

Violet eyes widened that name again. He had heard mention of that guy downstairs before he came up. He had never heard her mention Christoff before and she told him a lot about her family, including some dirt on Victoria from when she was a baby that he promised not to reveal, but did not promise to tease her about. "I'm not…"

"You do forgive me for getting sick and losing you don't you?" she asked grabbing his arm. "Please don't say you hate me for not being strong enough to deliver you properly."

"I...I forgive you," he said tenderly.

She smiled and touched his face. "You turned out so well, so very handsome."

"Get some rest, you have to get better."

She lay back down and closed her eyes. "Thank you, sweetheart," she sighed as she drifted off to sleep.

Duo stared at her for a few moments and relaxed once he saw that she was sleeping peacefully. He rubbed her hand tenderly, but he still could not shake that weird feeling he had like something was about to happen. "I hope I don't lose her."

"How is she?" Victoria asked.

Duo started. He hated it when people were quieter than he was; it was unnerving, especially since he was supposed to be the best. "She just drifted off to sleep," he answered not taking his eyes off the older woman lying in front of him. He wanted to stay with her longer but he knew that Victoria wanted to spend some time alone with her and she was Victoria's mother not his. He stood to his feet reluctantly. "I'll be outside."

"I can't stay long there are some things I have to handle," she replied, "I just wanted to check on her, besides, if I'm not here I think you should be."

"Thank you," he said as he sat back down.

Victoria turned to leave. Her mother was in good hands and she had a mission to accomplish. The revelations that her siblings shared with her down stairs brought a number things to light that she had never noticed before and she was bound and determined to get to the bottom of it. "Keep me posted on her progress."

mcmc

"Eight o'clock," Duo said to himself as he stood and stretched. He stood over the Countess and felt her forehead and grinned when she felt normal. She was also sleeping more peaceful. She was going to be her usual self. They still had so much to do, the Sundance film festival would be coming up in about six months and he planned on taking her. It would put a huge dent in his savings, but she was worth it, plus it would be nice to go as a regular person and not as `security.'

He walked over to the window and stood in the dim light as someone knocked on the door. "Come in," he replied looking out of the window. There had been so many people coming in and out the last couple of hours he did not bother to see who it was.

Ami Mizuno walked in quietly with her red shawl pulled around her. Part of her wished that she had gotten the chance to change before the left for Germany, but she knew if she stopped that Heero would have left her and she would have lost even more time. Besides, she was not the only one over dressed to see a sick friend. They both were given strange looks when they arrived. She explained how they went straight to airport from the ball, while Heero went looking for Victoria. Any other girl might have felt insecure about her date going to seek out another woman, but she and Heero reached an understanding. Besides the only reason they both went out with each other was to appease their mothers.

Soft blue eyes went straight towards the object of their concern and she walked over to the Countess. She touched her forehead and noted how peaceful the older woman looked then sighed. "Her fever has gone down," Duo replied observing from the window's reflection.

Ami looked towards the window and saw a tall lean man clad in all black standing by the window. He had excellent profile standing at the window like that with his hair snaking downward and resting at the small of his back. "That's good. I was worried Heero and I would not make it time."

Duo turned around at the sound of Heero's name, giving Ami a view of magnificent amethyst eyes. Her cheeks grew warm. He was gorgeous and she was taken back seeing someone like him when she was worried. "Heero's here?" he asked.

"…we came straight here from the ball," she answered.

"That explains the dress," he smirked as his eyes moved over appreciatively. She had a nice figure. "You've got mile long legs."

Ami looked confused for a second then flushed furiously. "I beg your pardon?"

"Sure if you want to, but we just met," he replied grinning like Cheshire cat.

"This is not time nor the place."

"Suit yourself then," he replied. She was just like he thought she would be, a stick in the mud. "To bad, I really needed the distraction." He walked over to the chair that he vacated and sat down.

"I can sit with her if you need to take a break," Ami offered.

Duo yawned then shook his head. "I'm fine right here," he replied losing the humor in his voice.

Ami looked at him curiously while trying not to gawk as she sat on the small couch not too far from the bed. There was something about him that made her want to get to know him better. He seemed familiar to her for some reason even though she was sure she had never seen him before. His eyes are what she liked most about him so far though his personality was nothing to be desired, he came across arrogant, but then he became so serious. She was definitely attracted to him. "This is not the time to be thinking about this. Evelyn is laying bed sick and I'm gawking at this guy like some love struck teenager."

"You should take a picture, it'll last longer," Duo commented noticing her staring at him.

"I was just trying to figure out where I know you from," she replied feeling her cheeks grow warm yet again. She seemed to be doing a lot of blushing since she came into his acquaintance.

"The name's Duo Maxwell," he replied, "and I never forget a face or nice set of legs."

Ami looked down at her dress and saw that she gave a more than gracious view of her legs through her split. She never intended to sit down in this type of chair when she bought the dress and did not realized that the split rode up so high. There was little left to the imagination, but at least the best parts were covered. She spread her shawl over legs. "Ami Mizuno."

He frowned at the name. She had been Heero's blind date to the Scarlet Ball. Ami was entirely too cute to be a brainiac. She looked like the type of girl that he would make a go for. He would loved to see how well she held up for two dates. Something told him there was more to her than what he saw earlier. He would love to test her and see, but if she's here then she and Heero must have hit it off. "Now that's going to be a problem. He and Victoria should be together. I guess I'll just have to interfere," he thought. "So you and Heero hit off?"

It was Ami's turn to smirk. "I wouldn't say that. We just have understanding that being single with mothers like ours can be annoying."

"Okay, then how did you meet the Countess?" he asked.

"I met her at my cousin's wedding some time ago," she replied. "How did you meet her?"

"Nosey aren't you?" he teased.

Ami's eyes widened. "You asked me the same thing."

"I'm an American, it's a prerequisite," he replied. "What's your excuse?"

"I don't have one," she answered shaking her head trying to keep from laughing. She could easily see this guy being a handful.

Duo smiled as he got the desired reaction out of her. "Let the games begin."

© 2002 Devon Masterson.

Yeah, I know I am twisted, but I still don't own the Gundam and SM characters. I just own the entire Wagner family, associates, all gundam children, and the plot. No money is made by me so don't sue me.