Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Moments in Time ❯ Payback ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Payback
Rating: PG-13/R
Pairings: Unrepentant 2x1x2
Warnings: Shounen-ai/yaoi, PWPish, TWTish, mild lime.
Spoilers: Sort of for...episodes 3 and 4

Written for Porcelain who has been lacking sufficient 1x2x1 in the last few fics she's read.

~~~

From his position on Wing, Heero saw Duo shake his head and turn back into the room where he'd bedded down for the night.

As the other pilot had stated, he didn't need a miracle, he needed parts. He also knew just where to find them.

It took him all night, but he did it. He'd repaired his Gundam with "borrowed" components. His lips curled into a smile. He'd not want to be around when Duo discovered what he'd done.

He climbed into the cockpit and looked back at the door and hesitated. Cursing himself for his curiosity, he climbed down and limped to where he'd last seen Duo, his palm resting flat against the door.

'Good-bye, Duo,' he thought, turning toward his mobile suit again. Then he heard the sound of someone tossing and turning.

He glanced at the sky and bit his lip. If he wasn't careful, the sun would be up before he had a chance to make his escape.

Knowing more about Duo would be advantageous, he decided. All he knew so far was that he had a Gundam much like his, and that he seemed to feel they should work together.

A fool, but a well-intentioned one.

Heero's fingers closed around the knob and he opened the door without a sound.

Moonlight still streamed through the window, although that would give way to the gray sky of dawn soon.

He'd just meant to insure Duo was sleeping soundly, although there was little chance of being followed if he took off right now.

Since when did he feel he owed anyone anything? Everything had a price. He'd tried to use his own life as payment for his botched efforts earlier, but it seemed that he'd been given a second chance. Using parts from Duo's Gundam was a necessary evil.

He was standing near the bed, not sure how he'd gotten there, nor how his hand had reached to cup Duo's cheek. His knee pressed into the mattress, and he ignored the stab of pain in his leg from the pressure, too interested in the way Duo's chest rose and fell, too fascinated by the way his brows furrowed in his sleep, too hypnotized by the way the long plait trailed off the edge of the bed.

Too absorbed in the way the eyelashes brushed his cheek until those eyes fluttered open.

"Who? Wha-?"

Heero slapped his hand over Duo's mouth and shushed him quietly, then he removed his hand slowly, allowing his knuckles to brush Duo's jaw line as he did so.

Duo blinked at him several times, thinking he had to be imagining the slight smile he saw on the other pilot's face before he turned to leave.

He was leaving?

Duo's hand clamped around the slender wrist before the other boy could get very far.

He wasn't prepared for the way his breath caught as he felt the pulse of the dark-haired pilot under his thumb, nor the way the vivid blue eyes widened as that same thumb started to caress the inner part of wrist.

He had so many questions he wanted to ask, but the one that came out was "why are you here?"

It was the most ambiguous question he could have asked, but perhaps that was the best one to pose to the other boy, allowing him the freedom to interpret it as he saw fit.

Duo watched the tongue dart out and wet those lips, and wondered if he was the only one who felt it had gotten rather warm in here.

"I wanted to thank you."

The intense gaze moved to where Duo's fingers still encircled his wrist. The thumb was now gently massaging the palm of Heero's hand.

"Why?"

"I was curious."

It seemed as though they were playing a game, one in which they said one thing, knowing damned well that each response had more than one meaning.

"You're still doing it."

Duo looked at their joined hands, at the way his thumb seemed a separate entity, tracing the lines in the palm beneath it, warm and callused.

"I am."

"Why?"

"Feels good." His voice was obviously croaking because he'd just woken up, and not because the Evel Knievel wannabe was bending over him, peering at him curiously.

"Yes," he said at last. Duo was sure this was the most he and the other boy had spoken in their short acquaintance, other than a few commands that he'd been given.

"Yes?"

"Yes," Heero swallowed, mesmerized by the shared contact. "Feels good."

Duo didn't mean to tug slightly, but he did, and he hadn't realized that the action would catch his unexpected guest off guard. The result was that their clasped hands were trapped between them, and that their faces were inches apart.

Nor did he mean to gaze at those parted lips, or to feel his body respond slightly. He made direct eye contact with the reckless pilot. His nostrils were flaring slightly, and his eyes seemed to hold the answers to questions that Duo didn't even know he had.

And he'd swear that those lips met him halfway, indicating that he wasn't alone in this irrational desire.

His tongue surged forward, awkwardly trying to massage the inside of the other boy's mouth. Their hands roamed everywhere, tank tops were shed, lips made contact with collarbones and shoulders. It was hard to tell where one ended and the other began.

A couple of hours later, when Duo watched the other Gundam fly away, he raged about how the best blow job in his life was far from sufficient payment for what that damned daredevil did to his mobile suit.

Of course, it was the only blow job of his life, so far, so maybe that wasn't saying much. There was nothing that could be done about it now, however, what was done was done.

Despite his irritation, he couldn't help grinning. Chances were very good that their paths would cross again.

He'd be sure to remind the thief then that payback was a real bitch.