Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Old Friends New Enemies ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Old Friends New Enemies

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. I am just using them to extend my artistic abilities through writing. So please don't sue me. I have nothing to give you but my two bad cats and I'm sure you don't want them.

Chapter 1

"Relena! Let's go!" a young man shouted through the large house. "Your rides here!"

"I'll be right there!" Relena shouted back while she pulled her brush through her hair one last time, grabbed her bag and ran down stairs.

"There you are finally!" the man said exasperated. "What took you so long? Do you think that Treize is going to wait forever? He's a busy guy."

"You act like Treize has been waiting for an hour. He just got here five minutes ago, Millardo. Take a chill pill." Relena retorted.

"What ever! Let's just go. You don't want to be late on your first day." Millardo said as he pulled open the door.

Waiting at the foot of the steps was a silver Firebird, and standing on the driver's side was a young man with brown hair.

"Sorry for making you wait Treize. It was all Relena's fault." Millardo told him earning himself a slap from Relena.

"That's ok. We better get going." Treize said getting in the car.

Millardo opened the passenger side door and popped the seat ahead. With a glare as she went past Relena climbed into the back seat. As soon as Millardo had the door closed, Treize gunned the engine and they were off.

"Hey, Millardo, you never did tell me why you pulled me out of that private school." Relena spoke up.

"I heard rumors that said that there was a gang that was establishing itself there. I don't want you to get caught up in anything like that." Millardo said from the front seat.

"Fair enough. But that doesn't explain why you're sending me to a public school."

"Don't you want to go to a public school?" Millardo asked turning slightly in his seat.

"Yeah I do. It will be a nice change from a private school. But what does mother think about it?" Relena wanted to know.

"She doesn't know. And as long as you behave yourself she won't have to." Millardo told her.

"Fine. I don't really want her to know anyway."

"Relena," Treize said shocked, "that isn't very nice to say about your mother."

"Well she isn't really my mother. She adopted Millardo and me when I was seven. She was really mean, yet she insisted that we call her our 'loving mother' when we were around anyone." Relena explained. "She never even really liked me, but she adored 'Millie'. Still does."

"Relena, I don't want to kill you, but if you ever call me that again I will." Millardo threatened calmly.

Before Relena could answer him, Treize stopped the car in front of a school. Millardo got out and then let Relena out of the back. With a quick glance around Relena saw that they were drawing a lot of attention.

"There you go." Millardo said getting back in the car. "Noin and Anne are going to be picking you up after school."

"All right. See you." Relena said, then the car was gone.

"Hey, Zechs, why don't you want Relena messed up in that gang?" Treize wondered as he weaved through traffic.

"Because it's the Sundown gang." Zechs (Millardo) said simply.

"That explains a lot." Treize said dropping the subject.

Relena watched her brother and his friend drive off. She shook her head. Treize always drove really well when she was in the car and like a maniac any other time. But that was probably because Millardo threatened him.

Shaking her head Relena swung her back pac on her shoulder and walked towards the front doors. On her way to the school, Relena noticed that many of the guys gave her appreciative looks while the girls mainly glared. Relena mentally shrugged her shoulders. She didn't really care what they thought. Not a very common thought from an ex-private school student.

Relena walked through the doors, moved slightly to one side stopped and let her eyes adjust. Once they had she headed off down the hallway, trying to find the office. Relena walked down the hall looking to the left and right trying to locate the office. She was not looking where she was walking so Relena walked straight into a blonde who was talking to a red head. The blonde fell to the floor while Relena staggered off balance.

"I am so sorry!" Relena said as soon as she regained her balance. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Damn right you weren't." the blonde retorted accepting the hand her friend offered. "You should watch who you go knocking over. It could land you in a whole pile of trouble."

"I'm sorry. I was looking for the office." Relena explained.

"That's no excuse. If you can't do two things at once then you should look then walk or learn to do both."

"I'm not going to say I'm sorry again." Relena said noticing the crowd that was gathering around them. "You obviously don't want to hear it and I'm getting tired of saying it."

"Dorothy, it's the first thing in the morning. You don't want to be in Lein's office now do you?" the red head said.

"The stupid bitch wasn't watching where she was going.' Dorothy protested. Then continued menacingly, as she started forward, "I should teach her a lesson."

"Dorothy don't take another step toward her." a voice came from the crowd that sounded full of authority.

Surprisingly enough, Dorothy stopped then she and the red head turned toward the voice. Pushing through the crowd was a tall girl who wore her brown hair in to twists.

"Why shouldn't I Sally? She needs to be taught a lesson!" Dorothy said pouting just a bit.

"Could I answer this one?" the red head spoke as the one called Sally opened her mouth.

"Go a head Cathy." Sally said, not really having a reason beside that she had said and didn't want the gang in trouble. But Dorothy really didn't care about that.

"The reason that you shouldn't teach her a lesson is that you are just as much at fault as she is." Cathy told Dorothy. "You weren't looking where you were going. You were talking to me."

Dorothy was silent a moment as if remembering the whole scene. Before she could say anything a loon call went out and everyone started to scatter. Relena not knowing what was going on stood there like an idiot. She noticed that Dorothy, Cathy, and Sally were walking in the general direction that the loon call had come from. Relena also noticed that each girl had what looked like the tip of a silver wing on her shoulder. Dorothy's, and Cathy's were a lilac in the middle while Sally's was teal.

Relena didn't get anytime to ponder it as someone walked up behind her and grabbed her arm. Relena looked at the girl not moving at all. Relena opened her mouth to say something but the girl just shook her head and kept pulling on her arm. Relena quit resisting and let herself be pulled along with the crowd.

After a minute the pair had made it out of the crowd. The girl pulling Relena along stopped and dropped her hand. Relena looked back to where she had been standing. There were now about six teachers there and it looked as if they were trying to figure out what had just happened.

"Do you want to get in trouble or something?" the girl asked.

"What do you mean?" Relena asked as she looked back at the girl who had pulled her.

"Didn't you hear the warning call?"

"All I heard was a loon."

"That was the warning. Sure it's meant for any Angles in the crowd but we all use it to scatter."

"I still don't get what you're trying to tell me."

"How in the world could anyone go to this school and not . . . Hey are you new here?" the girl asked as realization dawned on her.

"Yes I am. I was trying to find the office when I bumped into that blonde girl." Relena explained.

"Now I see why you just stood there! Do you still need help finding the office?"

"Yes, I do. I would be very grateful if you could show me the way."

"Sure I could. By the way I'm Sandra De Lorne."

"Relena Peacecraft."

"This way, the office isn't very far." Sandra said as she led the way. "What's with the way you talk? You sound like you're a prep or something?"

"Sorry. I'm in school mode right now. I used to go to an all girls private school and we weren't allowed to use any slang." Relena explained. "And my mother doesn't approve of it either."

"Bummer." was all that Sandra said.

"Tell me about it." Relena said rolling her eyes.

"Don't let it get out that you went to a private school or else it will be major trouble for you." Sandra advised.

"What do you mean?" Relena asked as they turned the corner.

"The popular opinion here of private school kids is that they are all rich bastards. Most of the ones that come around here go home really beat up." Sandra explained as they stopped outside the office.

"You're not going to tell are you?" Relena asked sounding worried.

"If I was going to tell, I wouldn't have warned you." Sandra smiled. Relena smiled back then walked into the office. "I'll come in and wait for you. You'll need someone to show you how things work around here."

"Excuse me." Relena said getting the secretary's attention.

"Yes?" was the secretary's response with out looking up.

"I'd like to register here." Relena told her.

"Fine. I'll need you to fill our some of these forms. You can have a seat while you do," she said handing Relena the papers.

"Thank you." Relena said accepting the forms and going to sit over by Sandra.

"That looks like a lot of paper work to go through." Sandra said eyeing the papers in Relena's hand.

"This is about half the papers I had to fill out for my last school." Relena told her getting a pen out of her bag. "Didn't you fill out registration papers before?"

"The only time that I registered in a school was in first grade. I've always transferred." Sandra explained as she watched Relena go through the papers quite fast.

"Really? That must be nice to stay in one area where you can just transfer. Myself, I've had to register in about three different schools." Relena said not looking up.

"Holy shit! You moved a lot didn't you?" Sandra exclaimed.

"Yeah about every three years or so. My mother hates to stay in one area to long." Relena said putting the first form aside.

"So why did you leave that public school?" Sandra wanted to know.

"My brother pulled me out because there was some kind of gang starting up there." Relena told her adding another form to the pile beside her.

"So why would he let you go to a school that had a gang already established?" Sandra wondered.

"What?" Relena asked shocked. "There's a gang in this school?"

"Yeah. It's called the Angles. That girl you walked into is one who holds a pretty high rank in it."

"How could you tell?" Relena asked going back to her paper work.

"Easy. The mark of an Angle is a silver tattoo of angle wings. The colour of the filled in wings tells the rank." Sandra explained.

"How is it that you know so much about them?"

"After about a week here you learn a lot."

"I'll just have to watch what I do then." Relena said standing up.

"You're not going to tell your brother?"

"I don't see why. He's the one who pulled me out of one school because of a gang. If he didn't want me near them he should have done his homework better. And I won't pay the price for it." Relena told Sandra then walked towards the desk. "Here are the papers."

"That was fast," the secretary said as she took the offered papers and looked them over. "If you'll just come with me, we'll see about your schedule."

Sandra watched the two walk into the councilor's office. Relena isn't like any of the rich kids that I have met, Sandra thought. They're all stuck up and don't care about anyone. Relena has an attitude, sure, but it's the kind of attitude you have to have to survive and make it anywhere. She is the kind of girl that the Angles looked for. Sandra shook her head. There was nothing she could do about what Relena did or who she hung out with.

A minute or two later, Relena walked out of the councilor's office with the secretary. Relena walked around the counter while the secretary went to the printer and grabbed the paper that came out.

"Here is your schedule and a map of the school, Miss Peacecraft. Have a good day and welcome to Hanly High." the secretary told her.

"Thank you." Relena said with a bright smile and then turned to get her stuff.

"That was fast." Sandra noted gathering up her stuff.

"Yeah. Apparently Millardo had got my old school to forward all my grades and stuff here on Friday, so the councilor had my classes just about all in order." Relena said while gathering up her own stuff.

"So who's your homeroom teacher?"

"Mrs. Bell in room 219."

"Cool that's the same one I'm in. I wonder what other classes we have that are the same?"

"Here, look for yourself." Relena said handing over her schedule as she looked at her map.

"Our morning classes are the same." Sandra said after a minute. "I'll show you the way to your afternoon classes on the way to our morning ones and at lunch time."

"Thanks. Even though you'll show me I think that I'm going to keep the map for a while." Relena said, then both girls laughed.

"So what's your locker number?"

"420."

"That's on the way to class and my locker." Sandra said walking down the hall.

Relena folded up her map and shoved it into the pocket of her jeans before hurrying after Sandra.

***************************

To Be Continued. . . .

So what did you think?