Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a December ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 2

"Come sit down, Miss Misha! Can we get you anything?" Quatre ushered Misha to the sofa, pushing Wufei aside as he placed cushions around her.

"Um, no thanks! I think I'm fine!" Misha smiled. Quatre looked almost disappointed and took a seat across from her. "So, tell us about yourself, Miss Misha!"

"Um… well, I was born on Earth, in St. Petersburg, Russia. I left there when I was six, and, uh, was trained as a soldier until I was nine. Then I met Dr. Kamina, a scientist much like Dr. J, on a visit to L2. She sort of adopted me, and I've worked with her on Peacekeeping efforts ever since." Misha began.

"Trained as a soldier, huh? Did your father approve his daughter receiving combat training like a man?" asked Wufei, leaning into the conversation. "Well, actually, both my parents passed away when I was six. That's why I left home…" Misha looked away.

Quatre shot a nasty glare at Wufei, which shut him up fast. "Get real, Wufei! Tons of girls have been involved in military and peacekeeping operations all over the world! Just look at Sally Po or Hilde Schbeiker- hell even Lady Une! Man, that bitch was tough!" Duo finally spoke up, stopping staring at Misha long enough to put Wufei in his place.

"You don't speak with a Russian accent…" Heero asked thoughtfully as he slid in between her and Wufei on the couch.

Misha brightened. "Yeah… I mean, it is my native tongue, but I am fluent in Japanese, because of Dr. Kamina, as well as English, French, German and Italian!"

Heero smiled his quiet, thoughtful smile and nodded appreciatively. Wufei, feeling guilty for his earlier behavior, wanted to reconcile. "What are your specialties, Misha?" he asked shyly.

Misha, glancing over at him, shocked them all when she winked. "That's for me to know and you to find out!" she joked, sending them all into a fit of laughter. Wufei looked around helplessly, unable to determine what was so funny!

The six teens went on to discuss the finer points of the Preventers duties. Misha was eager to show them her great abilities in spy work, sneaking, hacking and what she called her "little surprise".

"So that day when all the TV channels turned to ballet that was you?!" Heero asked excitedly. Misha grinned and nodded. "No way," Heero went on, "You're `The Nezumi'?"

"The one and only," smirked Misha. They had just realized that Misha and Heero, as fellow hackers, had "met" previously in the cyber world.

"One question- why ballet of all things?" laughed Duo from his place on the armrest to Misha's left. Misha looked at him somewhat indignantly. "I happen to like the ballet, thank you."

"Ooh me too, Miss Misha!" chirped Quatre happily. "I especially prefer anything by Tchaikovsky- hey he's Russian too, right?" Misha nodded eagerly. "Oh yes. He's wonderful. The Nutcracker will always be my favorite, both to watch and to perform!"

"Wow, you dance ballet, Misha?" Duo asked, a glazed look in his eyes as he briefly pictured Misha in a leotard. Misha looked down. "Actually, I haven't for many years…"

Just then, Trowa spoke up. "Why not, Misha?" he asked quietly, from his crossed-arm standing position behind them. "Uhhm… well, I've just lost interest, that's all." Misha smiled tightly- too tightly. Trowa nodded and cast his gaze towards the floor.

"Ohh..hey… who wants to show me my room?" Misha suddenly changed the subject. Four pairs of eyes lit up. Quatre, grabbing Misha's arm, started to lead her out to the corridor. Duo was with them in a second, followed by Heero and Wufei, all of them eager to give Misha a private tour of the facilities.

Only Trowa remained behind. He stood in the rec room, biting his lower lip, lost in thought as he stared down to the now empty place on the couch where Misha sat.

*************************************************************** ********
PRONUNCIATION and GLOSSARY

Nezumi- means "mouse" in Japanese- "nay-zoo-mee"

Tchaikovsky- famous composer who wrote many ballets- "chy-kov-ski"