Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sanguivore ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sanguivore

Sanguivore: an organism that feeds on blood, such as a mosquito

Where am I?

I don't know. All I remember is leaving my quarters for...

Why did I leave?

It's not important anymore, I guess. I left, and then there was something in my neck, and now I'm here, but I don't know where here is.

"I see you're awake."

I spin and see one of the higher-ups of the Mars Terraforming Project-Jack Something-or-Other (Old-Shorts?). The way he's looking at me, it's unnerving.

I want to rip his throat out.

Where did that come from?

"I assume you're hungry. Are you hungry, Luc?"

God I'm hungry, but I won't let him win...

"Drink, Luc. The sensation is like nothing you're yet experienced, I'm sure." He opens a steel door and pulls a body out-a young man I've never met. I stand where I am-how can I possibly smell his blood; how can I hear his faint heartbeat, his shallow breaths?

"Drink, Luc."

I obey this time without realizing it. Suddenly I'm on the poor guy, my longer-than-they-should-be canines suddenly hollow, and since he doesn't struggle, drawing blood as well.

The taste is nothing special-a bit salty where my tongue rests on his throat, the rest weird and metallic-but the sensation is like being hand-fed the most exquisite chocolates by my wandering prince.

Like that's ever going to happen.

New instincts tell me to release the man-drink any longer, and I'll die with him. I turn again and glare at Jack Old-Shorts.

"What happened to me? What am I?"

I never knew I could growl like that.

"Luc, dearest, you are now as I have been for almost two centuries. Nothing short of decapitation, UV rays, or a raging bonfire can destroy you now, and all you need to sustain yourself is blood, the blood of others. You, Luc, are a goddess."

I stare, shocked, then run my tongue over my teeth and my mind over his words. It finally clicks.

"I'm a vampire then?"

"If you're going to be so close-minded about it, fine. But I've been watching you, Luc, and we'll have a great time together, I know."

"I doubt that," I reply, even as I catch him off-guard with a kick meant to stun him.

I wasn't expecting him to turn to dust as his head and body separated. But he does, and even though I've known the guy all of fifteen minutes I'm much happier.

I find my way at last to my quarters-the sights and sounds and smells now are almost too much, but I deal-only to find my bed occupied. With things getting so weird, I must have forgotten giving Zechs my entry code. I must have been gone long enough for him to worry, too, because Zechs used to always do this when we were younger and he got worried about me.

I sit on the side of the bed and stroke his hair. I wouldn't have the courage if he hadn't sounded asleep, but his breathing and heartbeat are even.

"Would you spend eternity with me?" I ask, but too loud-he is suddenly awake-blushing with embarrassment and then squeezing me so tightly I would risk dying of asphyxiation if breathing were still an issue.

"Where have you been?" he demands in that fabulous deep voice, and before I know what's happening I've latched onto his neck, sedating him with the chemicals necessary for a transformation as I drain his life.

The instinct to reproduce is difficult to ignore.

When I finish draining Zechs, I make a gash in my wrist and press it to his mouth, forcing him to drink, to be. I wait for hours until he wakes, and we need no words to communicate-he will stay with me and share the feast of the near-immortals with me, fulfill his duties as the childe in our relationship, and at last show that he reciprocates my feelings.