Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The D.C. Saga ❯ The D.C. Saga, Part Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The D.C. Saga, Part Fifteen

**
**
**

"I can't take much more of this," Duo grumbled to himself as he shifted around uncomfortably in his Gundam. Luckily he'd be home within the next seventeen hours, but until then, he had to get at least four hours of sleep in preparation of the naval base he needed to demolish.

He sighed and looked at his console. The green light next to Pilot 01 was blinking, which meant that Wing was running. He had a sudden thought and hit the private com.

"01, are you there? Come in, 01, this is 02."

The radio crackled to life. "01 here."

Duo laughed in relief. "Hey, man. I thought you'd be sleeping."

"I can't." Heero's voice had softened almost imperceptibly, but he sounded relieved. "Mission?"

"Yes. Demolition."

"Your favorite." Heero sounded like he was smiling. Duo pictured it in his mind and found that he was greatly comforted.

"Yes. You bored?"

"Very. And tired. But I can't sleep without you."

The American blushed and shifted more in his chair, pulling his blanket up to his neck. "Same here. We couldn't leave the com on, could we?"

"...Hold on." There were scuffling noises and the occassional beeping. Duo waited patiently for nearly ten minutes before Heero responded again. "Okay, there. We're secured."

"So we can leave it on?"

"Yes. I don't know how well it'll work for us, though."

"It's better than nothing, just knowing you're there."

"I know." His voice dropped a little lower, softer, and his accent was more pronounced than Duo'd ever heard it. "When I heard your voice, it frightened me a bit. I scared--I mean, I was scared."

"You sound like you're blushing," Duo teased.

"I don't like my voice," he mumbled, sounding annoyed.

"I do. It's fine. What is it you don't like?"

"My word choice. It's strange. Words I mix--Dammit. I mix up my words sometimes."

Duo had to laugh. "I know. You do it more than you realize."

There was silence and he laughed again. "Oh, don't pout. It's cute."

"I don't like being cute. You and Quatre both think it's okay to call a boy cute. It's not."

"I for one will never call you Hee-chan again," he said seriously. "I know better than that. That look on your face nearly made me wet myself."

A small laugh bubbled in through the com speakers. "It was an honest mistake, Shinigami."

Duo shivered at the Japanese. "One I shall never make again."

"Good for you." He paused. "I think we should try to sleep. I have a lot of work to do in six hours and fifty-three minutes."

"Okay. Leave your com on? I can hear you moving around and I think it might be enough."

"All right."

They both grew silent and Duo listened carefully for any sounds of his comrade and bedmate. After a few moments, he realized that Heero must have been close to the com, because his breathing was audible. Duo shifted as well and tried not to think that he was actually breathing loudly just for Heero. I am so weird sometimes...

It worked well enough. He was able to sleep the four hours he was supposed to, though he regretted having to cut the com off when he started the real mission he was sent on. Heero needed another two plus hours, and Duo wasn't sure he'd get it without him there.

Oh well. We'll have to remember that this works. I'm sure I can hotwire the radio into getting his frequency until he comes back...

His com beeped and he let it go. It beeped again, twice fast, once slow, and he answered it.

"Yeah, Heero?"

"You left me." His tone was so petulant that Duo had to laugh.

"Mission time. Talk to you later."

"All right. Good luck."

"You too."

They disconnected and Duo was off. He didn't realize that he was in better shape than he had been in days. He smiled as he took off, adrenaline pumping in his veins at the prospect of a good battle.

**

Heero yawned and tried to wake himself up after he let Duo go on his mission. He scratched his head and wondered at the dream he'd just had. He couldn't quite remember it, only flashes of images, but he had a feeling that Duo was in it. With his hair down.

As he powered up Wing, he suddenly noticed that he was aching in his lower extremities. When he looked down, his eyes widened, he blushed, and he focused on the commands that came naturally to him.

He never acknowledged the dream he'd had, but he vowed never to have one again. The result of one was far too embarrassing.

**
**
**



A/N: XD. If you don't know what I was referring to with Heero's dream, then you're too pure to be reading anything I write! Hope you enjoyed it. ^^