Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The New And The Old ❯ Invading Confusion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The New And The Old - Chapter One - Invading Confusion

A young girl sat at the sill of her window and looked out at the lake as the rain poured down making all the outside view turn blurry.

She sighed heavily, then smiled. She had an idea. So she stood and walked to her apartment door, opening it and stepping outside. She lived on the second story of the apartment and the apartment was only two stories high anyway.

It was a nice complex she lived in, right in good old Texas, North America, near the U.E.S.N, but it was still pretty far away from where she lived. A good twenty miles. She shifted a bit and walked down the two sets of stairs, thinking back when the cold war went on. It had been two years since those days and everyone had finally grasped peace. She liked this, but something still troubled her and she couldn't put her finger on it. It wasn't anything to do with arms and weapons, but it was about her life.

She sighed and leaned forward on the rail, her eyes were the color of the rainy sky, a grayish blue. She had short blonde hair that touched the tips of her well-formed shoulders and contained a few streaks of brown highlights.

She looked around as the rain started to pour heavier, so she grinned and walked out into it, letting the cool water soothe her weariness.

When she was little, she would always go out and play with her best friend, Shea, in the rain. But then she grew up so fast and went to high school and was now deciding on which college to go to, she took out her driver's license, the rain sliding down it's laminated cover.

Name: Lee Mari Chun Sex: Female

Age: 17 Eye: Grayish-Blue Height: 5'5

DOB: July 23, AC 179

It was all there, her whole life was all in her purse, her credit cards that she needed to be able to live. She always thought this was a bad thing, to carry such a small object that would cost you everything if it ever got stolen or disappeared.

She looked up at the sky, shielding her eyes with her left hand so rain drops wouldn't fall in her eyes. Why was she talking about her past like this, it was annoying her.

She looked down to her faded and now wet blue jean shorts and her dark T-shirt that now stuck to her chest. She decided she would take a walk around town whether people thought she was crazy or not, Lee had the strange feeling that she wanted to catch a cold and she didn't know why. She didn't know anything lately. Confusion was invading the depths of her mind….and there was nothing she could do about it, but obey her wantings. So she went for the walk into the town.

```````````

Duo waved happily to the counter clerk as he walked out of the Coffee Café, laughing lightly. "See ya later, Ralph!" He called out into the store as he put his black umbrella up to keep clear of the rain.

"See ya, Duo!" The guy shouted out as the door closed.

Duo had his usual grin on, everything was great since peace had come, Heero, Quatre, Trowa, and Wufei were over at his house and he had gone out to get coffee since they all felt like some. He liked the rain so he volunteered to go get it. The guys would all come over Duo's house on the weekends, but sometimes Wufei would be a no-show, but they knew he had….'plans' with Sally. Duo chuckled to himself after the thought, he was so evil. Duo was always teasing Wufei about the subject, no wonder the poor guy hated him so much. Ah, well, gotta have your daily enemy/friends.

Duo was turning the corner when he suddenly stopped after spotting a girl walking down the sidewalk toward him, her arms were wrapped around herself in hopes of keeping warm and she looked like she was wandering aimlessly. He raised a brow and walked up to her, sharing the umbrella. "Hey, are you crazy lady? What are you doing out here dressed like that?"

Lee blinked and looked up. "Uh..I'm just walking, so please if you'll excuse me."

Duo stopped her before she could walk past. "I'm sorry, but I can't just let you walk around like this, you're gonna catch cold."

Lee frowned at him and looked down to the hand grasping her right arm. "Will you please let me go, I just want to walk, I don't care if I catch cold, it's only a simple virus."

He looked at her seriously. "Hey, even a cold can be deadly sometimes. Just come with me, come on, you can meet my buds while you're over, make some new friends, we need to get you cleaned up anyway, then I'll drive ya home.

Lee sighed and looked up to him. "If you insist."

"Ah, ok, that's great. So anyway, what's your name? Mines, Duo Maxwell."

"Mines Lee Chun. Nice to meet you." She answered with short reluctance.

Duo smiled. "Nice to meet you too."

``````````

Wufei looked at the lady on the news and growled. "That stupid onna doesn't know what she's talking about."

Quatre sighed, he was sitting on the other end of the couch. "What? She's telling the truth, the weather isn't a lie."

Wufei glared at him. "Oh really, then I bet you remember that time when we were going on a mission and it said it wasn't going to rain and it did, that totally threw us off track and ruined the mission, if it weren't for Sally are asses would have been good as dead."

Quatre was going to say something, but stopped, finding no words to protest against him. "Ok, you win, but still, the weathers not wrong ALL the time."

"Humph." Wufei said to him, then turned back to the TV, changing the channels.

Quatre shook his head and looked over to Trowa who was leaning on the East wall. "Where's Heero?" He asked him.

"He went to make himself a sandwich." Trowa raised a brow, usually Heero ate absolutely nothing, but he was slightly changing and getting in a few more meals a day since the war was over, this would be good for him.

Quatre nodded and stood as Duo walked in. "Honeys, I'm home!" He yelled out.

Wufei rolled his eyes, mumbling. "Braided Baka."

Trowa and Quatre walked to the door and were a bit surprised when they saw the soaking girl standing behind him.

"Who's she?" Trowa spoke up, pointing to her slightly.

Duo turned around and looked at the confused girl. "This is Lee Chun. I found her walking around in the rain like this and made her come over here to get cleaned up before she caught a cold."

Quatre nodded simply. "Well, walking in the rain, that's silly."

Lee smiled a bit. "Sorry, I'm just a little disoriented today."

"You do drugs?" Duo asked, closing his umbrella and setting it down by the door casually.

"No! I just have a lot of things on my mind." She yelled offensively.

"Ok, ok!" Duo waved his hands in front of him in surrender. "Cool your, jets, I was just asking."

"Perhaps you shouldn't ask anymore questions related to that, Duo. Obviously she doesn't want to be bothered so we should just get her cleaned up now."

Lee looked into Trowa's eyes and then looked away. It was like he was reading her mind. Like she was an open book to him. She sighed and followed Duo into the kitchen. Oh well. When she looked up, she spotted another new guy, eating a sandwich while leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Oh yeah." Duo said breaking her from thought. "This is Heero Yuy, Trowa Barton, and Quatre Winner."

Lee nodded and smiled to them all. "Nice to meet you."

Heero hummed in response and Trowa and Quatre returned a formal reply.

"Where do you live?" Heero asked, wanting to know the girl a bit.

"Um….I live in the apartments near Sandy Lake, called the Gale Winds."

Heero nodded. "Nice apartments."

"Yeah, they are. I got the good view of the lake fortunately." She felt herself beginning to warm up to the guys and her childish mind kicked in. These guys were really cute. She mentally slapped herself and her adult mind came back at full recovery. "Do you all live here together?"

"Nah. Heero lives down the street. ((Duo lives in a house, so does Heero, just stating.)) Quatre lives in the Winner Mansion."

Lee's eyes lit up in realization. Quatre was that one guy who was rich and ran his own corporation.

"Trowa lives around that new circus they got in, he's one of their top actors if I might add." Lee smiled and nodded, she thought she had seen him before. She had went to the circus last week.

"Then, Wufei Chang is in the living room watching people on the TV, he lives with the famous preventor Sally Po."

Lee blinked. All these important people she was meeting all in one day. Wait till she told Shea about this, she would have a fit.

She felt a towel being placed around her and turned around to see Trowa. "There ya go." He smiled slightly.

Lee thanked him and looked to the others. Duo broke out the coffee and shared his with Lee and they all started a nice conversation.

TBC….

Hope ya liked, please review! CCW a.k.a. Cloud Colored Wings