Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ To Be Lonely ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The song is 'Show me the meaning of being lonely' by the Backstreet Boys


*********************

Show me the meaning of being lonely

Quatre watched through the window as Trowa left the desert compound. They had only just met. Did he really have to leave...so soon?

So many words for the broken heart
It's hard to see in a crimson love


It wasn't long before they met again. Quatre felt his hard flutter as he saw the pilot of Heavyarms once again. Strange...he had never felt this way around anyone before... How odd....

So hard to breathe
Walk with me, and maybe


Quatre sighed to himself, watching the tall pilot stare off into the night. Like he didn't even know Quatre was there...or cared. He was just seemed so....lonely....

Nights of light so soon become
Wild and free I could feel the sun


He had known Trowa for months now, but he was still so cold. He didn't let anyone through that wall of ice. Not even the warm hearted Arabian, the one who might melt that frozen wall....

Your every wish will be done
They tell me


Quatre closed his eyes. Why won't you let me ease your loneliness Trowa?


Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling I need to walk with
Tell me why I can't be there where you are


"Here."

"Hmm?" Trowa looked at the young blond offering him a cup of tea.

"It isn't much, but it might at least warm you up," Quatre smiled.

You're smile is much warmer, thought Trowa, but took the tea anyway.

There's something missing in my heart

"Quatre..."

"Hm?"

A small smile tugged on Trowa's lips. "Thank you."

Life goes on as it never ends
Eyes of stone observe the trends


"They're so cute together," Quatre sighed dreamily, watching Heero and Duo kissing in the garden below where they thought no one would see them.

Trowa leaned on the balcony rail next to him. "We shouldn't be spying on them," he mummered, but made no move to leave.

The blond just shrugged. "They're lucky. I wish...I had someone to love me like that." He turned his eyes downcast.


They never say forever gaze upon me


Trowa watched him.So do I little one...

Guilty roads to an endless love
There's no control
Are you with me now?


"I told you to be careful Trowa," Quatre frowned, gently bandaging the nick the bullet had made on the pilots arm.

"It's only a little nick Quatre..."

"But it could have been more." The pilot of Sandrock sighed. "I hate seeing you get hurt Trowa...I worry...."

"Why?"

"What..."

"Why..." Trowa gently ran his fingers over the blond's cheekbones, "why do you care little one?"

Your every wish will be done
They tell me


Quatre heart nearly skipped a beat. Looking into those perfect emerald eyes...he couldn't lie. "Because...I care...for you, Trowa."

His body reacted without him even thinking, pressing soft lips to that of the tall pilot.

He was even more surprised when Trowa didn't pull back, instead...wrapping his arms around him...joining in their first kiss.

Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling I need to walk with
Tell me why I can't be there where you are

Trowa's eyelids fluttered open at the warm sunlight filtering in through the bedroom window. Morning always came much to soon for him...for them....

"Mmm..." The delicate body next to him snuggled deeper into the tall pilot's embrace. "Is it morning already?"

"Yes Quatre...we need to get up."

"I don't wanna," the blond looked up at his lover, a playful smile on his young face.


There's something missing in my heart


Trowa ruffled his hair affectionately. "I suppose a few more minutes won't make a difference..."

Quatre buried his nose against the other's neck. "Dai Suki."

There's nowhere to run
I have no place to go
Surrender my heart, body, and soul


"Do you have to go?"

Trowa sighed, the look Quatre was giving him was tearing at his heart. "Gomen, I have to go little one, it's an important mission."

"I know, but..." The small pilot wrapped his arms around his love's waist, "I'm lonely when you're not around."

A smile crept across Trowa's features as he leaned down to kiss Quatre's forehead. "I promise little one, as long as I can help it, you'll never be lonely."


How can it be
You're asking me
To feel the things you never show


Quatre waved goodbye to his lover as he left. He couldn't say a thing, his heart was caught in his throat.

It was an important mission, Trowa had to go but...

Why did he feel so frighten?


You are missing in my heart


The Arabian woke with a start, his heart pounding, sweat soaked hands clutching the sheets. Something was wrong...he could feel it....

Trowa....

Tell me why I can't be there where you are


He had never seen the attack coming. It was over before he knew what happened...bullet fire...the screams...blood...his own blood....

But he didn't care about any of that. All that mattered was the precious object he clutched in his hand, stained with his blood but still beautiful....always beautiful....

A photograph of Quatre he always kept in his cockpit, his Quatre...smiling....

"I'm sorry little one..." Trowa gasped, his breathing pained so much, "I will always love you...."


Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling I need to walk with
Tell me why I can't be there where you are


Quatre stood alone in the golden hues of dusk, the autumn wind blowing the hair from his eyes, revealing the tears that stained his cheeks. In his hands, a bouquet of white roses....

He stood silently, his blue eyes focused on the object before him, a marble headstone.


'Trowa Barton'
Beloved Friend
"May you never be lonely again"

Quatre couldn't take anymore, he collapsed in front of the grave, the roses scattering beside the mourning boy.


There's something missing in my heart


"I will always love you, Trowa...always...."