Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ United Hearts ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys. They belong to their respective copyright companies. I do however own Shane, Paul, Colin, Mickey, Benny, Toby and any other unfamiliar characters. I also own the plot if you can call it that.

Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4x3, 5+S

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Angst, Yaoi, Shonen-ai, violence, language, references to rape, sap, blood, Death (not one of the boys), Lemon/Lime, medical stuff, and any other weird thing that comes out of my head.... be afraid...

Notes: This is the sequel to "Lost Souls." While it is not necessary to read "Lost Souls" first I do recommend it otherwise some of the occurrences may not make sense. The references to medical procedures, medical reports, autopsies etc. are entirely based on my own pathetic knowledge of such and so I apologise in advance for any incorrectness contained there in. :)

" United Hearts "

Aug. 2002 ShenLong

Chapter 3

Duo knocked softly on Shane's bedroom door. "Shane... can I come in?"

"Sure."

Duo entered and Shane looked up from his sprawled position on the bed. Something was up, he could tell by the way Duo had seemed to be distracted during dinner.

"What's up Duo?"

Duo sat down on the bed next to the youth, absently he began to pick at the bedspread searching for the best way to start.

"Well this has to be a first, Duo lost for words." Shane smiled.

"Baka!" came the response.

"Something's bothering ya so come on spill."

"The e mail you had from yer mate back on L2?"

"Yes?"

"I'm not tryin to pry Shane but what did he say? I know he said a couple of ya mates were missin but did he say anythin else?"

A feeling of dread washed over Shane. He looked at his friend trying to read what was hidden behind those eyes but Duo was masking his feelings and thoughts too well. "Duo? Is there something going on I should know about? Have ya heard somethin?"

Duo sighed. He wasn't doing a very good job of this but better him than Heero. He thought of his love with a wry smile, tact had never been one of Heero's finer points. "Somethin came up at work today, it may not have any connection but I just wanna eliminate all possibilities."

Shane sat upright and grabbed Duo's arm. "What? What's goin on?"

"Come out into the kitchen. Heero and I can explain it better to ya there." he said and made to leave the room. "Like I said there may be nothin in it but we just wanna be sure."

Getting up slowly Shane followed Duo out to the kitchen, the cold feeling settling stronger into his stomach.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Trowa pulled the sleek car to a stop out front of the Winner mansion. Cutting the engine he reached between the seats to retrieve the briefcase from the back. He turned and looked at Quatre. "We're home." he said softly.

Quatre opened his tired eyes and reached for Trowa's hand, he gave it a light squeeze. "Thanks my love."

"You really should slow down a bit Quatre." said Trowa with a worried sound in his voice.

"It's just this conference business, once its out of the way I can take it a bit easier."

"Promise me we will take a holiday then when you get back."

Quatre reached forward and ran his fingers across Trowa's cheek. "That sounds like a wonderful idea."

Trowa took the hand in his and brought his lips to gently kiss each tip of each finger. "I think we had better see what the gruesome twosome are up to."

Quatre laughed and got out of the car. "Come on then." he said and proceeded to climb the steps to the door of the mansion.

No sooner had he opened the door than two small figures came hurtling down the hallway to fling themselves into his arms.

"Yer home." yelled Benny as he enveloped Trowa in a bear hug.

"Bout time." agreed Toby as he squeezed Quatre.

Managing to pry themselves free from the embraces Trowa and Quatre smiled at their two adopted sons.

"So how were your lessons today guys?" Trowa asked as he ruffled Benny's hair.

"Okay."

Quatre picked Toby up and stared into blue eyes that were full of mischief. "So what did you learn today?"

"Well most of it was borin but we got a new ass... ass.... project thingy ta do. Reckon Trowa and ya can help us wiv it later?" asked Toby.

"Sure. Let's go get cleaned up for dinner and you can tell us all about it while we eat okay?" replied Quatre as he put the little boy back down on his feet.

"Okay." and with that Toby grabbed Benny's hand and the two of them raced back up the stairs to their bedroom to wash up.

Trowa watched the retreating forms with amusement. Life had certainly become more... interesting since the boys had come into their lives. Reaching for Quatre's hand he led his lover to their own suite to prepare for dinner.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sally noticed how quiet and preoccupied both Paul and Wufei were at dinner. "So are you going to tell me or do I have to play twenty questions?"

Both Paul and Wufei looked up at her.

"What are you rambling on about onna?"

Paul opted for a more direct approach. "Huh?"

Sally rolled her eyes in frustration then waved her hand dramatically through the air. "You two. Wufei I know you don't normally have a lot to say but tonight you have been positively silent and as for you Paul you're usually spilling over with how your day went. I can understand you being quieter given the recent news but Wufei? Something's going on and I want to know what it is." she folded her arms and relaxed back into her chair.

Wufei knew this was her sign that she wasn't moving anywhere until she got some answers.

Paul stared at her through pain filled blue eyes. "I'm just thinkin bout my dad." he said quietly.

Sally reached out and squeezed his arm. "That's okay Paul, I understand." She turned to look at Wufei. "So... what's your excuse?"

Wufei scowled. He had been puzzling over the file Une had given him and running the case histories continuously through his head. Adding to that Maxwell's input and he still seemed to be chasing his tail. His brow furrowed as he thought some more.

"I talked ta Shane today." said Paul softly.

Sally raised an eyebrow. "That's good." She knew the boy needed to talk to someone and that he probably felt more comfortable around his other family. She was glad of that. "Did it help any?"

"Yeah... a bit."

"So Wufei.... you going to tell me or am I going to have to torture you?" Sally smirked.

Wufei glowered at her. "Its something that Une gave me at work today."

"And?"

"It seems they have a few bodies turning up on L2."

Paul's ears pricked up but he kept his eyes down.

"Well that is normal given the time of year." Sally said the words calmly. Everyone knew that fatalities occurred frequently during the winters of the colonies but L2 more so than others due to its larger population of homeless.

"But there is something not right."

"How do you mean ... not right."

"The medical reports have come back stating the same thing. Complete organ failure."

Sally thought for a moment then looked at Wufei clearly asking him to elaborate a bit.

Wufei nodded silently in Paul's direction and Sally got the meaning.

Aware they were silently discussing him Paul thought now was going to be as good a time as any to let them know he wasn't moving. L2 was... used to be his home and he wanted to know what was happening.

"I'm not a child." he said calmly.

"No you are not. In fact you are older than your years in some respects Paul but I don't think this is the sort of thing you need to hear." said Wufei quietly.

"I want ta know. If yer worried I will rat on ya then don't. I know how ta keep a secret."

"I don't think it will hurt Wufei. You never know he may be able to help." said Sally as she watched Wufei struggle within himself.

"Okay. I will tell you but!...."

Paul and Sally both stared intently at him.

"Anything I say is in the strictest of confidence. This is not to be spread around like idle gossip." He glared at both to reinforce his point.

Sally and Paul both nodded in agreement.

"I know there are a lot of people die on L2. Its a fact, and while sad, there isn't a lot we can do about it at the moment. When the dead are discovered they are brought to the government hospital where an automatic autopsy is done and then identification, relatives contacted and the bodies disposed of." He stopped to catch his breath.

"We both know the procedure Wufei." Sally said.

"Do you want me to continue or not?" said Wufei in a cold tone.

"Yes please do." Sally replied and gave Paul a secret wink. She couldn't help herself, it was fun to tease the Chinese man from time to time.

"A few more bodies have been turning up, oh not that many but its the autopsies on these that have Une interested. It seems they died from complete organ shut down."

Sally thought for a moment and then went to speak but Wufei beat her to it.

"There were no signs of foul play."

"Do they know who they was?" Paul asked quietly.

"No. There were no names in the report."

"Descriptions?" asked Paul not sure that he really wanted to know.

"Yes. They were all male. Ranging in age from around nine to fifteen."

"Can I see the report?"

"No. I do not think that would be a good idea Paul."

"I would like to have a look please Wufei." said Sally.

"Later. I will give it to you and you can study it, see if you can find anything that the other doctors may have missed." and Wufei refused to be drawn into the discussion any further.

Paul was a little put out that Wufei wouldn't let him see the report. After all he knew a lot of the street rats on L2 and there was no doubt in his mind that it was street kids that they had been discussing. He made a mental note to speak to Shane about it as soon as possible.

With dinner finished Paul excused himself to finish off his homework and Sally sat down with the file Wufei gave her.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Looks like we got us another one"

"Where?"

"Down there." a finger pointed to a pair of legs sticking out from a pile of boxes.

The two burly men exited the small truck and proceeded down the alley to where the body lay. One carried a large plastic type bag which he proceeded to open out as his partner extracted the small form from the rubbish.

Staring down at the limp body he felt touched for the first time. The boy looked young, maybe about ten or eleven. The threadbare jeans and jumper full of holes were a pitiful attempt at hiding his small frame. The lifeless eyes stared straight ahead and the shaggy brown hair hung limp. Placing the small form on the plastic he had to pause and wipe his eyes. It wasn't fair that someone this young should die where no one cared.

He knew of the street kids... hell who didn't, but it still didn't make it any easier when he had to pick up their small corpses from the streets. Such a waste of life.

"Come on." his partner nudged him, "Lets drop this one off and go get some lunch."

He nodded and bent to pick up the body now ensconced in its black covering. Placing it in the rear of the small truck he asked himself again if it wasn't time he looked for another job.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Shane sat at the table and waited patiently for Duo to begin his explanation.

Heero sat across from him arms folded and a file on the table.

"We have had some interesting information come to light at work today." began Duo. "It relates to L2 an the death toll." he looked to Heero for help.

"Hn. We know there is a large number of deaths during the L2 winters but we have reason to be suspicious of some of the bodies that have been found."

Shane swallowed hard, the cold feeling in his stomach spreading throughout the rest of his body. "Suspicious? How do you mean?"

"Well the authorities have done the autopsies on them and so far we know that they died from total organ failure." said Heero.

Duo took up the story. "What we don't know is why. It may be something simple enough but it just don't seem to add up ta me."

"What has this got to do with the e mail I got?"

"The bodies haven't been identified. All we got is what's in the file there." Duo nodded to the folder that sat in front of Heero.

"I know this is going to be hard for you Shane but we need you to look at the descriptions of the deceased and see if any of them match with your missing friends."

Shane stared at Heero. He didn't want to look in there... He didn't want to see the descriptions, to know they were dead... But he knew he would do it. He reached for the file. "How many?" he asked his voice husky.

"Five so far." Duo moved and placed his reassuring hand on Shane's shoulder. "I know this is hard for ya to do Shane, believe me I know. I ave looked at that many dead an dying in my time but it don't make it any easier." He squeezed his hand.

Shane smiled and then turned to the folder. He opened it and began to read. All the reports were basically the same giving a full run down on the autopsy and results along with the usual personal information. The first three victims went through without much thought but when he got to the fourth he paused and studied the form in more depth.

Body number: 338269. Sex: Male. Age: Approx 12yrs

Name: Unknown. Address: Unknown.

Next of Kin: Unknown.

Height: 135cm Weight: 22kg

Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown

General Description: Young male child. Average height, underweight. Found in alley way of Sector 146-2. Found wearing black T shirt, worn blue jeans. No Id on body.

Death occurred approximately 3 hours prior to retrieval.

Results: Full autopsy performed including blood and urine tests. (See attached sheets for lab reports) Male presented with unknown cause of death. Tests and examinations show massive organ failure. Appears to have started with the failure of the digestive tract then kidneys, liver and nervous system. Lungs and heart show no signs of unusual damage or disease. Death occured between 48 - 52 hours after kidney and liver failure due to build up of blood toxins.

There was more details in the report but Shane had seen enough. His stomach was attempting to leave his body and he made a dash for the bathroom.

Heero replaced the papers while Duo followed Shane. He collected a glass of water on the way and stood in the doorway while the youth finished emptying his contents into the porcelain bowl.

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand he looked up to see Duo holding out a glass of water. He took it gratefully and sipped the clear fluid easing the burn in his throat from the stomach's acid.

Sorry 'bout that."

"No need ta be. Perfectly natural response I'd say." Duo sat down on the edge of the tub and faced Shane. He cocked his head as he studied the face.

Shane stared back at Duo as the words from the paper danced before his eyes again. "It all seems so ...so..."

"Impersonal?" offered Duo.

"Yeah. The way they put that stuff down on paper as if they ain't talkin bout a human.... just some number..."

"I know." Duo rubbed Shane's back soothingly. "I think judgin by your reaction ya recognized one of em."

Shane nodded. "The fourth one..... the description... it sounds a lot like..... Kev."

Duo thought while Shane came to terms with what he had read. There had to be more to this, something was causing these deaths but what?

Shane stood up from his position in front of the ceramic bowl. "Thanks man."

Duo smiled. "It's okay Shane."

The pair left the bathroom and headed back to Heero who was still studying the papers intently. He looked up as they came in and raised an eyebrow in question.

Duo flashed him a tight smile to say all was as well as could be expected. Then a big grin lit up that heart shaped face. "How bout we have some sugar snacks to lift the mood?"

Heero groaned inwardly, knowing full well his love's sweet tooth. Duo + sugar = Energy ball.

Duo tossed his braid over his shoulder as he rummaged around in the cupboard before giving a shout of triumph. He emerged with a packet of chocolate biscuits and placed them on the table. Grabbing several for himself he proceeded to devour them with something akin to rapture on his face.

Shane smiled as he watched Duo eat and shook his head. Heero had his full sympathy. He picked up a biscuit for himself and bit into it. "So what do ya think we should do next?"

"Hn." Heero stared as Duo consumed the sweet treat with rapid efficiency. No doubt he would have his hands full tonight. Switching back to the question he addressed Shane. "I think you should contact your friend and see if he can give us any more information."

"Such as?"

"When they went missing, where they were last seen, anything they may have said or done. It doesn't matter how small it could be the clue we are looking for."

"Right. I will send an e mail tonight but I dunno how long it will be fore we get a reply."

"That's okay, Wufei is going over the medical side with Sally so hopefully they may pick up on something, in the meantime we can see what background information we can come up with."

"Whatever ya say Heero."

Heero glanced at Duo. The man was in a world of his own, obviously enjoying the chocolate but deep in thought.

"I'll go an do that e mail now." said Shane and he left the room.

Heero clasped Duo's hand and squeezed lightly. "What are you thinking about?"

Duo stared thoughtfully into his lovers eyes. "Ya know there's something about these cases..... somethin familiar and yet I can't seem to find the connection. It's right there but I can't seem to connect to it."

Heero knew what he meant. "Hn. I'm sure it will come to you when you least expect it."

"Yeah, you're prolly right." with an evil grin Duo leaned forward and pressed his lips to Heero's. "I need a way to work off all this sugar overload." he whispered and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Heero rolled his eyes in mock disgust.

Duo leaned forward again. "Wanna do some old fashioned mattress dancin with me?"

Heero moaned and felt his groin tighten. "I think I would enjoy that Duo."

"Good... I'm gonna wear ya out baby."

Shane returned to announce the e mail had been composed and duly sent. "I'm gonna go ta bed so I'll see ya in the mornin."

"Night then Shane." responded Heero.

"Try not ta make too much noise will ya guys." Shane winked and left the room.

Duo's mouth dropped open. "Why that cheeky young....."

"Hn. He has a point Duo. You can be rather vocal."

"Hey! I have heard you screamin pretty loud at times lover boy." he huffed.

"Want to see how loud I can be?" smiled Heero seductively.

Duo stared at his normally quiet lover. "Well.... well... well... Who would have guessed. You teasin me Mr. perfect?"

Heero laughed "Lets find out shall we?" and he stood up taking Duo's hand and led the man to their bedroom. Closing the door Heero began a kissing odyssey.

Duo moaned and melted into the touch of Heero's lips upon his flesh.

They broke apart long enough to make it to the bed where fingers and thumbs began to attack and remove the barriers of clothing. Finally naked they lay flush against each other as hands caressed, stroked and tortured the other's body.

Reaching for the familiar tube Duo coated his fingers and slid one inside Heero as the Japanese man's mouth worked the length of Duo's cock.

With the recent events and tension it had caused within their bodies neither was in the mood for too much foreplay. Duo quickly had two digits inside working that muscle.

Panting Heero pushed back onto Duo's fingers. "Take me Duo."

Withdrawing his fingers Duo lubed his cock and flipped Hero to lie beneath him. He placed his loves legs over his shoulders and pushed against the tight ring.

Heero's body surrendered to the invasion and he eagerly pushed back against Duo as he felt the familiar length penetrate his inner tissues.

Seated to the hilt Duo gave Heero a moment to adjust and then began to move. He thrust deep and hard releasing the tension through his movements.

Heero met him with his own thrusts, drawing his long haired lover deeper inside.

Panting with the exertion Duo reached between their pounding bodies to grasp Heero's shaft and pump hard, mimicking his own cock's actions inside the man.

Heero rode the wave to completion screaming Duo's name over and over again as the head of Duo's cock brushed his spot time and time again. The universe exploded behind his eyelids as he felt his body shudder and surrender it's nectar to the one that owned him.

Duo continued to thrust into that tight channel as Heero's muscles contracted and spasmed around him. He felt the warm splash of Heero's seed as it shot forth to coat his hand and the bronzed skin of the belly below. Tossing his head back he cried his own release as he felt his seed leave him to be lost inside Heero's waiting body.

Slumped on his lovers chest Duo chuckled as the last tremors left him. "That will teach that little up start."

"Hn. Maybe we should get him some ear plugs."

Duo laughed and stared at his lover. "I do believe ya getting a sense of humor koi."

"Baka! It's being around you all the time."

"Always knew I was good for somethin."

"Hn. Duo... shut up and go to sleep."

Duo sighed and pulled out of his lover reluctantly. He grabbed his t shirt from the floor and cleaned them both up a bit before snuggling under the blankets and into Heero's warm embrace.

"Nite Hee-chan... Love you." Duo whispered as he placed a feather kiss against Heero's neck.

"Night Duo. Ai shiteru."

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~