Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ War Games (Part Three of the Family Sagas) ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them!!

Yuy - Victoria - 20; Dominic - 19; Veronica - 16

Maxwell - Christopher - 21; Jonathon - 19; David - 18; Miranda - 16

Barton - Miles - 19; Donavon - 17; Carin - 16; Isabella - 13

Winner - Damien and Quatrina - 19; Vaughn - 16; Mira - 14

Chang - Leigh - 20; Merin - 19; Jet - 16

Merquise - Thad - 24; Zach - 23; Kellie - 18

War Games

"There will be three teams," stated Heero as he looked up at the kids in front of him.

"What do you mean three teams?" asked the Victoria as she propped her hand on her hip and looked at her father.

"Three teams, ice princess. Which means you're an open target," drawled the Chris Maxwell. His cobalt eyes sparkled mischievously.

"Don't call me that!" Victoria snapped as she poked her finger in the middle of his chest. Her Prussian blue eyes glared up at him since she was nearly a head shorter then him. "If you weren't so tall I would kick your…"

"Can it, Vic," Miranda Maxwell said as she raked her hand through her ebony hair. "I would like to know the teams."

Victoria glared at the taller girl, but held her tongue. "Go on, dad," she said as she turned her back on the two Maxwells.

Heero cleared his throat again. "There will be three teams. The Green team will consist of the Winners and the Bartons. The Yellow team will consist of the Changs and Yuys. And since the Maxwells bragged that they could take all of them on, they will be the Blue team. And I will also mention that Zach, Thad, and Kellie Merquise will be snipers, so all of you will be open targets," he finished. "Now do all of you guys have you're paintball machines?"

"Yeah," all the kids said.

"May the best team win then," said Heero as he gestured out to the vast property that Relena and himself lived at with her brother and Noin. It was a combination of woods and open ground.

The Maxwells all grinned at each other. All of them possessed their father's trademark devilish smile. They turned and looked at the others and looked back at each other as they went off into the woods.

"Why do I not like this?" asked Veronica as she glanced at the others.

"We better get a move on," said Victoria as she hoisted her paintball gun on her shoulder. "We don't want to be sitting ducks for the Maxwells."

"Then let's get going," said Damien as he and his team went off into the woods.

The Yuys and the Changs looked at each other. They had the Winners and the Bartons to worry about as well as the Maxwells and the 'snipers.' They squared their shoulders and went into the woods.

Heero and all the other parents watched from the yard as the kids disappeared. He raised his gun and fired it, signaling the beginning of the games. "I don't think that you're kids will stand a chance with everyone determined to get them,' he said as he glanced at Duo.

"Don't underestimate my kids, Heero. You're just hoping that they won't win for the second year in a row," Duo smirked as he leaned against the marble railing.

Heero, Wufei, Trowa, and Quatre scowled at him. Zechs rolled his eyes.

****************************************************************** ************

Miranda, Chris, David, and Jonathon stood silently behind a large rock. They were all wearing black muscle shirts with royal blue soccer shorts. Their paintball guns ready for their victims.

"Remember, we attack as a group. More then likely they'll be in small groups of their own," whispered Chris. "But also remember, Victoria is mine," he said grinning.

"Got it," David whispered back.

"Someone is coming," Jonathon hissed as he peered around the rock.

"Its Quatrina, Isabella, Mira, and Vaughn," Miranda said as she got herself ready.

"One, two, three," said Chris as they all came out firing.

"Dammit!" yelled Vaughn as he tried to dodge all four Maxwells.

Quatrina and Mira began to fire their green paint at Jonathon and David. They both missed and ended up with blue paint splattered over them all. "Argh!" Mira said as she stamped off.

Quatrina glared at them as she left. "You guys are going to get it!" she yelled as she followed her sister.

Vaughn took aim at Miranda. "I'll get you, Randy," he said as he fired, but she dodged it.

"No, you won't," she said as she rolled to the ground and fired. The paintball exploded on Vaughn's gray shirt. "Bull's eye!"

Isabella was a little more fortunate as she ran behind the rock and fired around it. Then she felt something hit her on her back. She looked over her shoulder and saw the bright yellow paint of the Yuy/Chang team. She looked up and saw Leigh grinning. "Darn it!" she yelled as she stamped off.

Leigh grinned and flipped her silky black hair over her shoulder. "Always look behind you." She glanced back at Veronica and Jet. "I spy Maxwells," she called out.

"And I spy a Chang," said Jonathon as he leaned over the rock and fired at her.

"Shit!" she yelled as she dodged the paintball. It missed her by mere inches. She glared up into the cobalt eyes of Jonathon. "I'm going to…"

"Save it! We're under fire by a sniper," screamed Veronica as she dove under some underbrush.

Jet followed suit after her, but not before firing a volley at Jonathon Maxwell.

*************************************************************** ***************

The fathers sat up on the terrace. They could hear the outraged yells of many of their kids. Quatre stood up when he saw his two daughters coming out of the woods covered by the blue paint of the Maxwells. Not far behind them came Mira and Vaughn.

"Damn them all," Vaughn said as he flung himself into a chair. "Those Maxwells ambushed us," he said as he slumped down even further.

Quatre raised a brow at his son's language, but didn't say anything. He turned a glance to his daughters, who were scowling and muttering under their breath. Three of his kids were covered in blue paint. He looked at Duo, who smiled guilelessly and was just about to say something when he held up his hand. "I don't want to hear it," he said as he sat down.

"I didn't even hear her," Isabella protested as she sat on the railing. "Leigh just came out of nowhere," she said as she glanced at the yellow paint on her back.

"At least you weren't pegged by a Maxwell," muttered Mira.

Trowa looked over at his niece. "You'll do better next time."

"Thanks dad. And next time I'll be more careful and peg a Maxwell for myself," she said.

****************************************************************** ************

Jet leaned up from his hiding place. "There's someone," he said as he aimed his gun and fired. Yellow paint splattered on the ankle of Donavon Barton.

"Crap!" Donavon muttered as he saw the yellow paint before striding off.

"Surprise, surprise," Chris said as he fired at Jet from behind.

Jet's mouth dropped open in surprise before stamping off. "This is injustice!" he yelled at the top of his lungs.

Veronica crawled along the ground. She knew that all the Maxwells were close as well as her cousins and they could pick any one of them off. She saw the familiar shoes of Randy. "I got you," she said as she aimed. She leaned up a little to get a better shot when she felt something slide down the back of her shoulder. She froze and checked her shoulder. Her hand came away with the red paint of the sniper's. "Shit!" she yelled as she stood. She heard male laughter coming from somewhere above. "Damn you, Zach!" she said as she walked off.

Miranda and David looked at each other and watched as Veronica stamped off. They looked above them. "We have to be careful," she said as she scanned the trees.

"I agree," said David as he glanced up. Then he saw movement. "A Barton at three o'clock," he called out as he fired at Carin. He missed.

"She's mine," Randy said as she fired in Carin's direction. She missed as well.

"Come and get it," Carin yelled as she jumped over a log and ran into Jonathon. "Oh crap," she muttered as three Maxwells surrounded her. "A little help here Miles, Damien!" she yelled.

A volley of green paint was fired at the three Maxwells, who returned fire. Then yellow paint from Leigh was being fired. The yellow paint hit Carin, who started cursing loudly as she walked off.

"Well at least I got someone," Leigh said as she got ready to fire again as she stood behind a tree.

"Not the one you really wanted though," said Chris as he fired one at her back. Bright blue paint spread out on her charcoal tank top. "Two Chang down and one to go," he smirked as he sauntered off.

"Damn you, Maxwell," she screamed as she stalked off.

Chris grinned as he walked towards his brothers and sister. It had grown silent again. "Well, how is it going?" he asked.

"We got rid of the majority of the Winners and the Bartons, although Miles and Damien are still out there somewhere. Probably regrouping," said Jonathon as he took a deep breath.

"And Merin, Victoria, and Dominic are out there too. Along with Zach, Kellie, and Thad," said David.

Randy tapped her foot as she looked up into the trees. "Can we go after the snipers too?" she asked thoughtfully.

Chris looked at her. "I don't know. We never had to deal with them before," he said as he tossed his braid over his shoulder.

"I say they're fair game," replied David. "I mean the ultimate goal is to make sure that one team will win. And once there is no one left of two teams, the snipers can't go after them. The last team standing wins."

"I agree. We have to take them out," said Jonathon.

"Let me handle it," said Randy as she grinned evilly. "I'm sure that they won't be expecting it," she said as she walked off, her ponytail swinging behind her.

The three brothers watched her walk off. They looked at each other and shrugged. Their sister didn't need their help in this. They walked off in search of the remaining prey.

****************************************************************** ************

Wufei looked up to see his son and his oldest daughter stamping up the steps with blue paint. He turned an eye at Duo. "You're kids have no sense of…"

Leigh held up her hand. "I already yelled that at the baka Chris, dad. Save it," she said as she dropped into a chair.

"He got me too. After I pegged good old Donavon," Jet smirked as he glanced over at Donavon.

"Damn Zach," Veronica yelled as she came up the steps behind the Changs. "I almost had Randy and he picked me off. So much for family loyalty," she snapped as she sat down on the railing. Bright red paint slid down her arm.

Zechs glanced over at Heero, who raised a brow at him. "Your son aimed for my daughter," he said.

"Everyone is open game, Yuy," Zechs said smugly.

Heero scowled.

Carin Barton slid off the railing and looked out into the woods. "I would still be out there if I hadn't been surrounded by three Maxwells. And Leigh just happened to fire at one of them and hit me instead!" she hissed in the other girl's direction.

"You were in the way," Leigh said as she turned her nose up.

"Hmph," Carin said as she turned her focus back to the woods.

***************************************************************** *************

Randy smiled as she climbed up a tree and scanned for any one of the snipers. "Where are you?" she asked herself as she climbed higher. She spotted movement below her. It was Kellie Merquise. "Ah, ha. Got you," she whispered as she fired at her.

Kellie walked along silently, her violet eyes missing nothing. She smiled at the thought of everyone being fair game. She felt something hit her shoulder. She paused and looked at her shoulder. Bright blue paint. "Dammit!" she hissed as she looked around her. She was hit. She couldn't see any one around her. She clenched her teeth and walked off. "Damn all Maxwells," she mumbled as she walked back to the house.

"One down, two to go," Randy said with satisfaction as she climbed out of the tree in search of her next sniper. She knew that Zach and Thad were in trees. She heard voices behind her. She hurriedly crawled under a bush and waited. She watched as the yellow shorts of the remaining Yuys and Changs came into view. She knew that she couldn't go after them alone. As soon as they passed she stood and followed them silently, keeping a mindful eye out for the remaining Miles and Damien and the other sharpshooters. Then all hell broke loose as Victoria, Dominic, and Merin were fired on by a sniper and by Miles and Damien. "Gotcha!" she said as she ran forwards and aimed for the spot that the sniper was shooting from.

Thad aimed carefully into the melee below. He fired at Merin and hit her. "Score," he said gleefully as he aimed for his cousins. Then he felt something hit him in the chest. He looked down. Bright blue paint trailed down his brown shirt. "What the hell!" he exclaimed as he looked at it.

Victoria hit Damien with her yellow paint. "See ya," she said as grinned at the Winner heir.

Damien's aquamarine eyes glared at her. "Damn Yuys," he said as he walked off.

Dominic shot his sister a look and glanced over at Merin. Her eyes narrowed at the trees. He heard a thud behind him and saw his cousin standing at the base of the tree with blue paint on him. "Thad, you have blue paint on you," he commented.

"No shit sherlock," Thad replied. "A Maxwell is somewhere close. One of them has become a sniper," he said as he walked off.

Victoria looked around her. "I don't see or hear anything," she said.

"I don't either," Dominic replied as he looked deep into the bushes.

"I'm going back," grumbled Merin. "Hit a Maxwell for me," she said as she followed Thad.

"Did anyone even hit Miles?" asked Victoria as she looked at her brother.

"No, Merin was aiming for him, but Thad hit her," replied Dominic with a sigh. "So as far as we know, we have him running around and we've seen several others with blue paint. So I assume that all the Maxwells are alive and kicking."

Randy grinned as she listened to their conversation. She had one more sniper to go and two Yuys and a Barton to contend with. She crept off to find the last sniper and her brothers. She walked along and felt something hit the ground behind her. She whirled and fired up into the trees. "Missed me!" she called out.

"Shit!" yelled Zach as he almost fell out of the tree. He looked at the bright blue paint sliding down his arm. His blue gray eyes glared at her. "How did you hit me?" he asked.

"Oh, luck," she replied as she blew him a kiss before sauntering off.

Zach watched her go. "Now I know why they want the Maxwells to lose," he muttered as he walked off.

******************************************************************* ***********

"Hey it looks like someone is coming," said Duo as he stood and looked out. His eyes widened as he burst out into laughter.

"What are you laughing at baka?" Wufei asked as he looked up from his drink.

"Take a look," Duo snickered as he sat down again. He was grinning smugly.

Kellie stamped up the stairs. "I was targeted by a Maxwell!" she screeched. "I didn't know I was an open target!"

Duo was clutching his sides.

Damien, Merin, and Thad came up the steps. All scowling.

Damien's sibling's snickered at him. "At least I wasn't hit by a Maxwell," he growled as he sat down in a chair. That shut them up.

Leigh raised her brow at her sister. "You were hit by a sniper," she said flatly.

"And you were hit by Maxwells," Merin replied just as flatly.

Jet and Leigh scowled.

Zechs eyed his son. "A Maxwell," he said.

"Damn right, a Maxwell! I don't even know which one it was!" Thad said irately. "I was in a tree. I could see everything. I didn't even spot a Maxwell."

"The Maxwell that probably hit you, you wouldn't even expect," said Zach as he walked up the steps. He glanced at his sister. "It was that little minx, Randy," he said a low angry voice. "She targeted me all the way up in a tree because my shot missed her!"

Duo was pounding on the table, still laughing. He looked up. "My little girl is one hell of a shot!" he said between fits of laughter.

"So now all that is out there is all four Maxwells, two Yuys, and a Barton," Quatre stated wryly. "This could be interesting."

"Maxwell, this is injustice!" Wufei practically yelled at Duo.

"It's only injustice because you're losing," Duo replied as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

All the men turned to glare at him.

******************************************************************* ***********

Randy found her brothers. "Don't have to worry about snipers any more. And Merin and Damien are out too," she said as she leaned up against the tree.

Chris grinned at his sister. "You did good, brat," he said as he patted her shoulder.

"Well I only took out the snipers. Vicky took out Damien and Thad took out Merin. So that leaves us, Miles Barton, and Vicky and Dominic Yuy," she said as she stuck her tongue out at him.

"That's certainly good to know. It's two against one against four," David pointed out as he rolled his eyes at his sister. "I think we're going to pull it off for a second time in a row."

Jonathon nodded. "Yeah, but remember, we have two Yuys to worry about. These two usually don't miss. Miles is pretty good too," he said as he raised his brow at his siblings.

"He's right. We have to look out for them. They could be anywhere," said Chris as he stood up. "Let's go and look for them," he said.

Then firing started.

"Dammit!" yelled David as he dove to the ground.

"You're asses are mine, Maxwells," Victoria yelled as she fired.

"Remember what I said. The ice princess is mine," said Chris as he started firing back.

The Miles joined in. "I will not let one of you get away," he said as joined the heat of the battle.

Paintballs were flying all over the place. Green, blue, and yellow hit the ground, missing their targets.

Jonathon felt something hit his leg. He looked down and saw green paint. "Aww hell," he cursed before he left.

"Yes, I got myself a Maxwell," Miles said as he continued to fire.

"And that's the only one you'll hit, Barton," said Randy as blue paint hit him square in the middle of his chest.

"Shit!" Miles said under his breath as he trudged off.

Dominic aimed for Randy. "Say good night, sweetheart," he said as he fired.

"You wish," David said as he pushed his sister out of the way and fired back. The yellow paint missed him by inches. But his aim was true. It hit Dominic in the stomach.

Meanwhile, Victoria and Chris were firing away at each other. Neither one was hitting. She glanced out of the corner of her eye. She saw David. She fired and hit. "Got you," she said triumphantly.

David looked down at the yellow paint sliding down his leg. "Oh well," he said as he turned and walked off.

Victoria knew she was alone now with two Maxwells. She let a smirk reminiscent of her father's cross her lips. She was a Yuy after all. "Come and get it bakas," she yelled as she turned and started running.

Chris and Randy looked at each other and grinned. Randy took off after her and Chris went another direction to cut her off. "You're mine ice princess," he said under his breath.

**************************************************************** **************

Heero glanced up when he saw Miles, Jonathon, David, and his son come up the steps. He raised a brow at his son.

"David hit me," he said as he sat down in the chair.

"Justice is served," Wufei said as he noted the two Maxwells.

"Randy hit me," mumbled Miles as he got up on the railing.

"So all that is left is Randy, Chris, and Victoria. This really ought to be good," said Zechs as he stood and looked out across the lawn.

Then the sounds of yelling were heard. They all stood and watched as the last of them came in.

******************************************************************** **********

Victoria fired over her shoulder. "You won't hit me!" she called out.

"And you sure as hell won't hit me!" Randy yelled back.

Victoria could see the terrace. She had lost track of Chris, but she was more concerned about his sister at the moment. She kept on firing over her shoulder.

Chris ran up the side of the lawn as he came out of the woods. He saw Victoria firing over her shoulder. He grinned and ran out into the open towards her.

Randy saw her brother out of the corner of her eye. She smiled and continued to miss on purpose. "Keep on going Vic, a little more," she said under her breath.

Victoria fired again and missed. She growled as she glanced over her shoulder.

Chris sprinted out into the open. "Hey, ice princess, looking for me," he yelled as he fired.

Victoria whipped her head around when she heard his voice. "No!" she yelled, but it was too late. Blue paint hit her in the chest.

"Wohoo!" Chris whooped as he skidded to a halt.

Victoria looked down at herself. "You little…!" she screamed.

Randy ran past her and jumped into her brother's arms. "We won!" she yelled. Her impact toppled her and her brother to the ground.

Everyone on the terrace was speechless. David and Jonathon ran down the steps and joined their brother and sister. They helped them off the ground before they all started whooping and yelling happily. The noise outside brought Noin, Sally, Hilde, Relena, Catherine, and Middi out of the house.

Victoria was fuming. She glared at the Maxwells and stomped off.

Duo was grinning widely. "Told you so!" he said.

He received looks from the others.

"I see that our kids won again," said Hilde as she slipped under his arm on the railing to look.

"Yup," Duo said proudly.

The other kids growled and grumbled. The Maxwells had won the paintball war again. They turned and went after Victoria.

She was standing under the tree. She punched the bark. "I swear I'll get him," she hissed angrily.

"Hey, sis," said Dominic as he came over. "Don't worry about it. The rest of us have an idea."

"Oh really? And what's that?" Victoria asked sarcastically.

"We're going to declare war on the Maxwells. They might have won the battle, but they won't win the war," said Leigh as she smiled.

"I'm intrigued," replied Victoria. "Please tell me more," she said as she leaned away from the tree.

"Well it's like this…"started Dominic as they all gathered around under the tree to bring about the downfall of the Maxwells.

To be continued…