Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ War Games (Part Three of the Family Sagas) ❯ Part Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own them! I sincerely wish I did though! (Sigh).

War Games, Part 3

The moon was high, but not quite full as two figures slipped though the moonlit trees to the Barton residence. They slipped in through the window of Miles's room and got to work.

"Are you sure this will work?" David whispered at Jonathon.

"Definitely," Jonathon replied as he set to work on the bathroom door in the room.

David sighed and began to work on the mechanism that would prevent anyone from leaving the bathroom once the door was closed.

Jonathon fitted the hole he made in the door for the mechanism. "There will be no way he'll be able to leave the room. Even Trowa will have a hard time picking the lock," he said.

David chuckled as he pushed the mechanism inside the hole. The trigger would be sprung once the door was closed. It would be impossible to get out. "Now let's see how much he enjoys this," he breathed as they finished.

"Onwards to the other rooms," Jonathon said softly as he and his brother made sure that all of the Bartons wouldn't be able to get out of their bathrooms.

************************************************************* *****************

Chris and Randy climbed up the trees outside of the Winner residence. Once inside they split up and went to separate rooms.

"Payback is so sweet," Randy said as she handcuffed Quatrina Winner to the bed and then took out some black shoe polish. "I hope you like black hair," she said as she began coating Quatrina's russet locks.

Chris eyed Damien with ill-concealed amusement. He handcuffed him to the bed and took out a makeup kit loaned to him by his sister. "I hope you enjoy looking like a girl Damien," he said as he swiped bright red lipstick on Damien's lips.

They crossed each other in the hall. They gave each other thumbs up sign and proceeded to the other rooms.

With Mira, Randy handcuffed her too. But instead of black shoe polish, she had green spray paint. "I hope you like green hair, sweetheart," she said as she put the 'washable, but will leave a tint in your hair for a few days' paint on Mira's blond locks.

Chris chuckled as he surveyed his handiwork on Vaughn. "You look like a hooker now, just like your brother."

Chris and Randy climbed out the way they came. It was on to the Yuy/Merquise residence.

************************************************************* *****************

Jonathon and David made their way to the Chang house. They split up as well.

Jonathon opened a large laundry bag and proceeded to stuff all of Leigh's clothes inside it. "What are you going to do with no clothes, babe," he said softly as he tossed the bag out the window. He had left nothing behind. He crossed the hall to Jet's room.

David stuffed all of Merin's clothing inside the laundry bag as well. "Why do women have so many clothes," he muttered as he tossed the heavy bag out of the window.

Jonathon tossed the last bag out of the window. He met his brother in the hall. They nodded at each other and climbed back out the windows. They hoisted the bags over their shoulders and went over to the Chang's pool. A wicked Maxwell grin crossed their features as they pulled the divider from the pool.

"How much do you think they're going to like wet clothes?" asked David as he tied the bags onto the thick nylon rope.

"Not much," Jonathon replied as he finished tying the last bag on. He flung the one end of the divider to the other side, where David hooked it back. Three bags of clothes stuck in the middle, soaking up the water.

"Now let's get going. Chris and Randy need help with the Yuys and the Merquises," David hissed as they made their way towards their last destination.

*********************************************************** *******************

Chris and Randy waited patiently for their other two siblings to arrive. They had made sure that David and Jonathon would get passed the top-notch security that they knew Heero had installed. They knew that he had designed it so that even he couldn't get through it. But they had figured out a way around it. And they had also learned the ins and outs of tight security, courtesy of their father. They finally saw them slipping through the shrubbery.

"About time you two," Randy whispered at her two brothers. "We've been waiting for fifteen minutes. It is now three in the morning," she said as she glanced at her watch. "We have until six at the most to get this done."

"How much gear did you bring?" David asked as they made their way across the lawn.

"We brought the works. We figure you two would start with the Merquises and we would start with the Yuys," Chris said as they climbed the tree outside a hall window that was between the two wings of the house.

Once they reached inside, Jonathon and David went to the left to the wing that was occupied by the Merquises, while Chris and Randy went to the right, where the Yuys were occupied.

************************************************************** ******************

David opened the bag with the gear that Chris had brought. His job was to booby trap Thad's room. He snickered at the thought of seeing Thad's face first thing in the morning. He pulled out a similar mechanism that he had used at the Bartons and installed it on the bedroom door. He then went to the bathroom and filled two buckets with hot water. He dropped a few tablets of purple tie-dye in the water. "I hope you like purple passion, Thad," he whispered as he set it on top of the door. He placed the other bucket with the die on the shelf above Thad's head. He tied fishing wire to it and then through the loops on the blanket he was using. "That'll teach you," he said as he closed the door behind him. He heard the lock snap into place. He chuckled again and went down the hall to Zach's room.

Jonathon was in Kellie's room. He began stringing rope across the room, back and forth across the bed. When he was finished with that, he installed the locking mechanism on the door. He dropped a tablet of red tie-dye in a bucket and put it above the bathroom door. "I hate doing this to a girl, but its war," he sighed as he opened a tub of whipped cream. He spread it with a spatula all over her arms and her legs. Then as an after thought he put some on her hair. He plopped a cherry on the base of her throat. He stood back and admired his handiwork. He couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. "Oh revenge is so sweet," he said as he left the room.

At the same time, Randy was in Veronica's room. She stripped the sheet off of the bed and started pouring flour on her. Her lips twitched as she tried to contain her laughter. When she was finished she opened a jar of honey. "Only fair you get some of this too," she said as she drenched Veronica with the sweet sticky substance. She pulled out another jar and filled a tray with honey and set it on the floor next to the bed. She then went to the bathroom and filled a bucket with water, she placed it over the bathroom door. "What a gooey mess that'll make when that hits you," she chuckled softly. She then went to work on the door and installed the locking mechanism. She smirked at the thought of flour and honey coated Veronica as she left the room and went onto Dominic's room to put up similar traps.

Chris observed the sleeping Victoria. He knew he was going to enjoy this immensely. He went to the bathroom first. He opened the linen closet and began working on the valve that controlled the hot water. He turned it off. "I hope you like sub-zero showers, ice princess," he said as he got up off the floor. He went back into the bedroom. He pulled out about two dozen grapefruits and put them in buckets. He rigged them on the shelf above her bed so when she tossed down the covers, down would come the grapefruits. He went to the bathroom and filled a bucket with water. He emptied dirt that he had collected in a tin into the water. "I hope you like a mud bath too," he smirked as he placed it above the door. He pulled out trays and filled them with molasses. He set them around the bed and for good measure he poured it into her golden hair.

"Hey you need some help?" Jonathon whispered as he stuck his head in Victoria's room.

"Wouldn't mind," Chris replied as the bottle of molasses emptied on her hair. "Can you set the locks on her door?" he asked.

"Sure," Jonathon said in a hushed voice as he took it out the bag Chris had and began working on the door.

Chris grinned as he got out some flour and doused her hair with it. "And that's for the honey in the hair," he said with a grin. Then he pulled out bags of marbles and dropped them on the carpeted floor. "Remember no pain, no gain," he said to Victoria's sleeping form.

Jonathon looked up at his older brother. He could see the devilish light flickering in his eyes. He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Hey are you finished yet?" hissed Randy as her and David poked their heads in.

"Almost," Chris replied as he got out some cut grass and sprinkled it all over the bed. "Now doesn't she look pretty as a picture," he snickered.

The other three held back their laughter as they left the room.

Chris looked over his shoulder as he closed the door. "This round will go to us, baby," he smirked as he followed his siblings down the hall and back out of the window.

They walked to Chris's black Firebird parked just outside the high stonewall. They climbed over it and piled in.

"Too bad we didn't use mini cams that we had," said Jonathon on the way back to their home.

"I don't think they were necessary since most of them will have visible effects from this," Chris said as he pulled into the garage at the back of their home.

"Well at least we got this done for it is now six," said Randy as she looked at her watch. She hopped out of the car behind her brothers. She looked out across the water that their home overlooked. The sun was beginning to peek over the horizon.

"Yeah, I'm beat now," mumbled David as he yawned.

They slipped through the back door and went to their respective rooms. They changed out of their all black gear before falling asleep with contented smiles on their faces.

***************************************************************** *************

Miles scratched his head as he woke up. The summer sun filtered through his window. He yawned broadly and shoved his russet bangs out of his face. He walked to his bathroom and closed it shut behind him. When he was finished he went to open the door again. It didn't budge. "What?" he muttered as he tugged on the door. "This is impossible," he said as he pinned his green eyes on the door. He yanked it. Nothing. "Shit!" he cursed as he began pounding on his door.

Trowa and Middi woke to the sounds of pounding and yelling. "What the…" Trowa asked as he got of bed and walked down the hall to his kid's rooms. He heard Miles yelling, so he went in. He looked at the bathroom door. "Miles?" he called.

"Dad, I can't get out of here. The door won't freakin' budge," Miles yelled. His face was beet red.

Middi went to her daughter's rooms. She could hear Carin cursing behind the door. "What's wrong honey?" she asked.

"I'm locked in here and I can't get out!" Carin screamed as she kicked the door with her foot.

Trowa checked on Donavon and Isabella. Sure enough they were also locked in their bathrooms. He came out into the hall and looked at his wife. "Carin too?" he asked.

"Yes," Middi replied. "How did this happen? How come all our kids our locked in their bathrooms?" she asked quizzically.

"I think this is the work of a Maxwell. It has their name all over it," Trowa replied. "Its payback for the dessert toppings that some of them made out of the Maxwells last weekend."

"Well at least it's only that," said Middi, relieved.

************************************************************** ***************

At the Winner mansion, Damien blinked his eyes. They felt a little weird. He also found his hands handcuffed to the bedposts. "Oh crap!" he muttered as he tugged on them to no avail. He then looked at the mirror placed at the foot of his bed. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Quatrina heard her twin brother's scream of outrage. She went to sit up and found herself unable to move since she was handcuffed to the bedposts. "Oh no, please don't tell me," she said as she fell back against the pillows. She turned her head and she saw her reflection. Her aquamarine eyes went wide. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Quatre's eyes popped open to the sounds of yelling and screaming. "What the hell?" he muttered as he climbed out of his bed to see what was going on. He opened the door to Damien's room and stopped. His mouth dropped open. "Damien…you're…"

"I know, dad! I look like a hooker you would find on L2," he yelled. "And to make it worse, I'm wearing handcuffs!"

Catherine made her way to Quatrina's room. She pushed the door open and almost started screaming herself. "Darling, what happened?" she asked.

"That's pretty damn obvious!" Quatrina shrieked. "I'm handcuffed to the bed and my hair is dyed black!" She thumped her heels on her mattress angrily. "I swear I'm going to kill whoever did this! To hell with pacifism!"

Quatre left Damien's room and went to Vaughn's room He could hear fluent cursing in several languages as he pushed open the door. His eyes went wide once again. "Son…"

"I look like a goddamn hooker!" Vaughn howled as he yanked on the handcuffs furiously. "I can't believe this! I can't even move!"

Catherine braced herself as she opened Mira's door. Her eye fell on her very angry fourteen-year-old. "Oh my," she said with shock.

"I got green hair!" Mira snapped as she shook her head. Her aquamarine eyes were snapping with suppressed anger. "And to make it worse, I am handcuffed to the bed!"

Quatre came out into the hall and looked at his wife. She nodded her head. "I guess I should call Duo to get the handcuffs off?" he asked as he raked his hand through his hair.

"I guess we should," Catherine agreed. "Who would do such a thing? Our daughters have green and black hair."

"I think I know, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. Our sons look like hookers," he replied.

"Oh Lord," Catherine muttered.

"Well we'll have to clean them up a little before Duo gets here," Quatre said as he and his wife went back to their children's rooms.

***************************************************************** *************

Merin stretched her arms over her head as she rolled out of her bed. She went over to her closet to pull on her workout clothes. Her mouth dropped open. Her closet was empty. "What!" she shrieked.

Leigh pulled her drawers open. There was nothing in them. Her blue eyes widened several degrees before she let and outraged yell. "Dammit!"

Jet poked his head out his door. He could hear his sister's cursing in a mixture of English and Chinese. "What are they yelling about? Silly women," he muttered as he opened his closet. "Ahhhhhhhh!"

Wufei threw open his door and walked down the hall. He could hear his kids yelling and cursing. He stood in the middle of the hall. "What the hell is all the yelling about?" he called out.

Leigh, Merin, and Jet came out of their rooms wearing furious expressions.

" I have no clothes in my closet or my drawers," Leigh said through clenched teeth.

"Neither do we," Jet and Merin replied in unison.

"What do you mean you have no clothes?" Wufei asked as he gave each his kids a look.

"Like we said. Our closets and drawers are empty," Leigh said as she raked her hand through her silky black hair.

Sally had come out of the bedroom and heard her kids' explanations. She stood behind Wufei and just happened to look out of the window. Her eyes fell on the pool and several bags floating in it. "What is in our pool?" she asked as she continued to stare, trying to make out what the objects were.

"Huh? What do you mean woman?" Wufei asked his wife.

"We have something floating in our pool. I don't know what they are though," Sally replied. "I'm going to go take a look," she said as she turned on her heel and went down the steps.

Wufei and the kids followed her down the stairs and outside to the pool. Jet and Wufei pulled the divider out of the pool.

"They're our clothes!" exclaimed Leigh as she opened one of the laundry bags.

Merin and Jet nodded their heads in agreement.

"Do you know who did this?" Sally asked as she looked at her three kids.

Merin, Leigh, and Jet looked at each other. "MAXWELLS!"

Wufei slapped his hand on his forehead. "I should have known! It has them all over it!"

******************************************************************* ***********

Thad opened his eyes slowly. "Another lovely day," he mumbled as he tossed back the blanket. A bucket came crashing down on his head, along with its contents. He blinked for a moment as purple dye dripped off the tip of his nose. "What the hell is this?" he asked as he looked at himself. He got out of the bed with purple dye trickling down his face. He went to the bathroom and found himself drenched for a second time. "God damn it! What the hell is going on here?" he yelled as he went to his bedroom door to open it. It wouldn't budge. He tried again. He twisted the knob and nothing. He pounded on the door, still dripping with purple dye.

Kellie could hear her brother pounding and yelling down the hall. "Shut up Thad," she mumbled as she opened her eyes. She let out an ear splitting shriek when she saw the ropes that were criss-crossed across her bed. She also felt gooey. She looked down and screamed again. "Aieeeeeeee! I'm covered in whipped cream! She reached up and felt her hair. "No, no, no!" she whimpered as she got out of bed and opened the door of her bathroom. Red dye splashed down on her. "WHAT THE HELL!"

Zach sat in bed with his arms crossed. Hot pink dye dripped off the end of his nose. He could hear the yelling and screaming of his siblings. He got up out of the bed, his eyes flashing with anger. He went to his bathroom only to end up with another ducking of dye. He went to his door and found that he couldn't open. "All right, I've had enough of this shit! DAD!"

Noin rubbed her head as she listened to the sounds of yelling and screaming. "What's going on?" she asked as she climbed out of bed and went down the hall to her children's rooms. She could hear Kellie cursing a mile a minute. "Kellie, what's wrong?" she asked.

"I'm covered in whipped cream mom! And red dye! I look like a freak!" Kellie yelled through the door.

Noin took a step back. She tried the knob. It wouldn't turn. She tried again. Still nothing. "What?" she asked puzzled.

Zechs followed his wife down the hall. He tried the knob to Thad's room. "Thad, are you all right in there?" he asked.

"Hardly! I'm covered in purple dye and I can't open the door!" Thad snapped as he gave the door an angry thwack with his hand.

Zechs tried the doorknob. It wouldn't budge. He looked at Noin trying Kellie's door. It wasn't moving either. He went over to Zach's door. "Zach are you all right?" he asked.

"Does this answer your question? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Zach yelled through the door. "And I can't get out either!"

Sure enough when Zechs pulled on the knob nothing happened. "Noin, I would very much like to know how this happened?" he asked as he looked at his wife.

She shrugged. "I wish I knew," she replied.

*************************************************************** ***************

On the Yuy side of the house, things were going in a similar manner.

Dominic woke up and sneezed. He blinked his eyes for a minute. He could see dust floating in the air. "Huh?" he asked and then he looked down at himself. "Holy shit!" he hollered as he lifted his hand to his face. It was covered with honey and flour. He rolled out of bed and stepped in more honey. He cursed and went to his bathroom. Green dye came pouring down on his head. He stood there for a moment before turning on his sticky heels and going to the door. He tried to pull it open, but the door never moved. He tried again. He slammed his hands on it. "Son of a bitch!" he yelled.

Veronica stretched her arms over her head. She felt funny. She looked down at herself. "Oh my God!" she shrieked as she raced to her bathroom only to have water pouring down on her. The flour began to cake on her arms. "MOM!" she yelled.

Victoria could feel the sun on her face. She opened her eyes slowly and she tried lifting her head off the pillow. Her hair stuck to it. "Why in the world…" she said as she reached up and touched her hair. The scent of molasses filled her nostrils as her hand felt her gooey hair. "No way! This can't be possible!" she said as she looked at her hand. She looked down at herself. Grass cuttings were all over her. "Shit!" she muttered as she threw the blanket back. Grapefruits fell like bombs on top of her. "AHHHHHHH!" she yelled as she covered her head. She felt fury rip through her. She stepped out of bed and into more molasses. "Dammit!" She walked across her room and began slipping and sliding on the marbles. She landed with a thud on her backside. She got up and walked the remainder of the way towards her bathroom. She slammed the door open and muddy water fell on her head. "ARGHHHHHHHH!" she screamed as she went to her door to open it. It wouldn't budge. She kicked it. "Dammit! Someone let me out of here so I can go kill a certain Maxwell very slowly!" she yelled. "YOU HERE ME, MAXWELL! YOU'RE DEAD!"

Heero sprang up out of bed at the sounds of yelling and screaming. He pulled out a gun from the bedside table.

"Heero, it's just our kids," Relena mumbled as she rolled over to look at him. "You can put the gun away."

Heero snorted and hopped out of bed. He left his room. He could hear curses coming from two of his children and his youngest yelling for Relena. He went to Dominic's room and tried to open the door. Nothing. He pulled on it again. Still nothing. He yanked it with all his strength. It wouldn't even move an inch. "Son, what is going on in there?" he called through the door.

"What's going on? I'm covered with flour and honey, not to mention green dye! I can't get out of my room and it is making me really mad!" Dominic yelled back through the door.

"Honey and flour?" Heero asked as he stepped back from the door.

Relena could hear Veronica yelling for her as she walked down the hall. She could hear Victoria cursing like a sailor. She knocked on her youngest daughter's door. "Sweetheart, what is it?"

"I look like a pile of goo! I am covered head to toe with honey and flour and I am soaking wet too!" Veronica yelled through the door. Her sapphire eyes were glowing furiously now. "And I can't open my door!"

Relena turned the knob and found it stuck. "I can't get it," she said as she looked at it curiously.

"You won't," said Heero as he stood behind his wife. "Dominic is trapped in his room covered in honey and flour."

"So is Veronica," Relena replied as she looked at him over her shoulder.

"Will someone get the hell over here? I want out and I feel like killing someone!" screeched Victoria as she pounded the door with her fists.

Heero and Relena went over to her door. They could hear her cursing fluently. "Vic, what is going on?"

"What is going on?! I'll tell you what's going on! My hair is covered in molasses as is my feet because I stepped in a tray of it when I climbed out of bed. I got bombarded with grapefruits, I slipped on marbles and bruised my backside, and a bucket of muddy water fell on my head! Does that answer your question! And now I can't get out of my room! But once I do, I'm going to make Chris wish he'd never been born!" she yelled, completely incensed.

"Chris did that?" asked Relena. "But Veronica and Dominic are messed up too," she said.

"They're not the only ones," Zechs said as he came down the hall. "Thad, Zach, and Kellie have all woken up to various sorts of booby traps."

"Chris couldn't do that alone," Heero mused. "He wouldn't have had the time to do it," he said thoughtfully. "Unless…"

"Unless he had help from his siblings," finished Zechs. "The Maxwells sabotaged both our families," he said.

"You're apparently not the only ones, who've woken up to their kids' yelling and screaming. "I just got off the phone with Quatre. Apparently his kids woke up handcuffed with dyed hair or they look like hookers," said Noin as she came down the hall. "And it doesn't end there. The Changs found all their clothes in their pool. And the Bartons are locked in their bathrooms with no way to get out," she finished.

Heero and Zechs' mouth dropped open. "There is no way that the Maxwells could have done all that in a single night," Heero said. "There are only four of them."

"But they're kids of a Gundam pilot that prided himself on getting the impossible done," said Relena. "And for being a prankster no less."

"They could have done it. I mean if they split themselves into two groups they could have easily gotten to the Winners, the Changs, and the Bartons in no time. And if you listened to what my wife said, the pranks played on the other three families was not as involved," said Zechs. "And if I am not mistaken, those locks that are on the doors, can only be undone by Duo because he was the one that designed them so that even Heero couldn't break them."

"Damn it," Heero muttered as he raked his hand through his hair. "So what do we tell our kids?" he asked.

"Wait. Quatre called Duo to undo the handcuffs on the Winners. Then he has to go to the Bartons and get them out. Then he'll come here," said Noin.

"You know what else. They slipped through the security here too. It's virtually impossible to get in. I designed the system so that even I couldn't get through it," said Heero as he began to pace. "How did they do it without setting anything off?"

****************************************************************** ************

Victoria stripped off her soiled clothes and threw them in the hamper after pacing for the past half-hour. She was mad. She was beyond mad. She was royally pissed. "I swear Maxwell, when I get my hands on you," she growled as she climbed into the shower. She turned on the hot water and got freezing cold. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Duo fell onto the floor outside of Victoria's room. "Quite a set of lungs she has," he said as he fiddled with the lock. He had recognized it right away as being his. He had already come from the Bartons and the Winners to undo the handcuffs and the locks. He had a hard time keeping a straight face when he had to take the handcuffs off of Quatre's kids and when he unlocked the Barton's from their bathrooms. And he was biting his lip now. He placed a set of pliers inside the knob and cut the wire and the lock clicked. "There, you should be able to open the door now, but you'll have to replace all the locks."

Heero raised a brow. "Thanks, Duo," he said. "Oh by the way, ask your kids how they got past the security. I found nothing out of order."

Duo shrugged. "My kids have their ways. You would have to ask them," he said with a grin as he stood.

Just then Victoria came stomping out. She was wearing a bathrobe as she slammed the door open. She pinned a glare on Duo. "Your son better have a will because when I get through with him, he'll wish he were dead," she said through clenched teeth. Her Prussian blue eyes flashed dangerously.

"Vic, what's wrong with your shower?" Heero asked as he noted her dripping hair still coated with molasses.

"Chris turned off the hot water in my shower! He turned the cold water on full blast!" she snapped before she turned on her heel and flounced down the hall.

Heero heard his bedroom door close with a resounding slam.

Duo looked over at Heero. "Your daughter is something else," he said with some awe.

"That she is. Better tell your son who to leave his worldly possessions to," Heero said as he patted his friend on the back and left him standing there.

Duo chuckled as he made his way down the hall and out of the house. He sure didn't envy his son. "Chris, you might have pissed off the wrong woman," he said as he drove back to his home.

****************************************************************** ************

Chris, David, and Jonathon were leaning under the hoods of their cars when they heard their dad pull up outside of the garage.

Duo walked up and eyed his sons. They had been up since nine that morning. He walked into the garage. "Just came from freeing Bartons, Yuys, Winners, and Merquises," he said nonchalantly. "Tell me, how did you guys accomplish all of that last night?" he asked as he raised his brow.

Chris looked up at his dad, leaning against the side of the garage. "If I told you that, it wouldn't be a secret would it," he replied, giving his dad a grin.

"No, it wouldn't. But let me in on one little thing. How did you get through Heero's security? You know he designed so not even he could get through it let alone the four of you," Duo said as he rested his hand on the Chris's convertible.

Jonathon, David, and Chris grinned at each other.

"Well, dad, Randy has this penchant for computer hacking. Even Heero wouldn't be able to trace her. She took the security system off line for several hours and when she put it back on line, she made sure that it would look like there was nothing. She made it look like it had run normally all night," Jonathon replied.

"And where is my little hacker at the moment?" Duo asked. A little surprised that his sixteen-year-old daughter would challenge the hacking skills of Heero Yuy and succeed.

"She's helping mom make a late lunch," Chris replied as he wiped his hands on his jeans.

Duo looked back at his oldest. "Chris, before I forget. There is a certain Yuy out for your blood," he said. "I think you know which one it is."

"Victoria," Chris answered. "She's always been out for my blood ever since I dipped her pigtails in India ink when we were six," he said. "I'm not concerned. She's almost a full head shorter then me," he pointed out.

Duo couldn't help but chuckle at his son's response. "Oh, don't take height into account. You never know what to expect," he said. "But in your mom's case. I never had too much trouble."

"Duo! Are you home? Lunch is ready," Hilde called as she came out into the garage. She spotted him. "Good you're home."

"Did you need me for something babe?" he asked as he looked at his wife.

"I need you to do a few things around the house," she replied with a slight smile.

"Ok right after I eat lunch," Duo said as he started towards the house.

"Hold it right there. I don't think so. Work first then you eat," Hilde ordered as she propped her hands on her hips.

"Babe, come on. I've spent the entire morning and afternoon unlocking doors and undoing handcuffs. I'm a little hungry," he said as he started on his way to the house again. He was brought up short when he felt her latch onto his braid and give it a tug.

"And what did I say. Work first, and then you can eat. They won't take you long. Now the list is on the counter. The faster you do it, the faster you eat. Thank you dear," she said as she pressed a kiss on his cheek and walked back to the house.

Duo could hear the barely concealed snickers of his sons. He glanced over his shoulder at them. All of them were biting their lips to keep the laughter inside.

"I thought mom was never any trouble," Chris snickered. "She blew that theory to hell in one minute."

Duo flushed and strode off. He sighed. He really did let her walk all over him too much. He heard his son's finally erupt into gales of laughter behind him.

They watched their dad leave. Jonathon turned to look at Chris. "You know that ice princess of yours is going to kill you?"

"I know. She'll try of course. She can try all she likes," replied Chris as he walked towards the house.

Jonathon and David glanced at each other and shrugged. They sighed and followed him into the house.

Author's Note: Sorry this part is so long. I wanted to put as much into it as possible. There will be a second part to this. How do you think Sunday dinner will go? And will Chris escape with his life when Victoria is on the warpath?