Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Weather and Haul Wind ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing Fan Fiction by White Wings
AU Fan Fiction
Rated for language and violence
Disclaimer:
“I refuse to write anything here concerning the fact that the names of the characters belong to someone else!
Its ridiculous, all the readers KNOW that already! Sheesh!”
------------------
::Note from the Author::
This chapter is for matured teens. Some of the following scenes suggest material that parents
may find offensive and/or not suitable for readers under the age of sixteen. You have been warned.
------------------
Weather and Haul Wind
Chapter 3
 
It had been a week and three days since Heero had set out to see with his little blond companion. They were almost half way to Redenge if Heero read the star charts correctly. Today as he stood on the Wing's deck, checking the condition of the rigging and sails, he breathed in the damp sea air. He licked his lips. The air was strangely salty today and he could smell the rain clouds building up somewhere. There was going to be a storm tonight, a big one. Heero watched a Quatre, who had grown almost four inches during the last week and a half, wandered around on the deck nervously. He could feel it too, the storm that was approaching. According to his map there was an island not to far from their current location, he'd steer the Wing there and wait out the storm before moving on to Redenge. The only thing that worried him was that the island he was heading towards had a bad reputation as a hang out for pirates.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
It wasn't strange to see children running around without parents here. Larker Island was a safe haven for pirates and so had plenty of whores, which meant plenty of bastard children. Even less uncommon was to see a young person sleeping in the alleyways in-between the brothels and bars. People who got a little to frisky with the “help” or a little “rambunctious” during a game of cards were often thrown out by other privateers, and sometimes the owner of the establishment.
 
He wasn't one of these people but he did take advantage of their situation. Picking the pockets of the men who were loaded to the gunwhales was easier then trying to work an honest job. With the cash he collected he bought food and ale for himself. It was a dog eat dog world and he'd be darned if he were going to be the one eaten. After a successful “raid” he sat on the top of a water barrel, quietly counting his booty, six pieces of copper and a silver piece, not bad for an old waister. He'd eat well tonight that was for sure. He shoved the cash into the pocket of his tattered pants as a group of scruffy looking jacks sauntered past on the way back to their ship. They were pretty well dressed for a group of pirates, it was safe to say that they'd done pretty well for themselves and one might be able to find something worth selling way back in the back of their cargo hold. The young thief waited until they disappeared beneath deck before hopping off his barrel and following them.
 
Sneaking up the gangplank he peeked his head up over the railing and then slunk over toward the opening in the deck that lead to the cargo hold. After looking in and making sure that he was completely alone he jumped down and started searching about. Looking into boxes and chests of various objects. So far nothing looked interesting and he worked his way deeper and deeper into the ship. He was searching trough one very promising crate of goods when a large hand rested on thin shoulder.
 
“What do we have here?” said a gruff, sea aged voice.
 
The thief went ridged as he turned his head slowly. He grinned at the four men behind him sheepishly.
 
“Well hello there. You wouldn't happen to have seen a cat around here would you?” the boy said, hopping that these men were as stupid as they looked.
 
He had no such luck unfortunately. The man closest to him gave a hardy laugh and slapped the kid on the back.
 
“Ha! That's a good one brat. Come on.” He wrapped his arm around the boys' waist and threw him up over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and dragged him off toward the captains' quarters.
 
The captain of this vessel was a heavy set, well muscled man with a full beard and thick curry hair that hung to his shoulders in a tangle of random curls. His eyes were as dark and cold as the sky outside was becoming as a storm rolled in. He was sitting behind a large desk when his crew dragged in the thin thief. The captain, Edmar, gave the four men and the boy a suspicious look. Before grunting out a rough “What cha want?”
 
“We found this kid snoopin' round in the hold. Though you'd wana know.”
 
“I wasn't snoopin'. I was lookin' for ma cat!”
 
“Sure, and `m the King of Shevalt.” The man growled back. Lifting the thief off his shoulder and dropping harshly on the floor.
 
The dry slip of leather that kept the boys long, unruly, chestnut hair tide back out of his face, snapped and let it fall over his shoulders and down his back in tangled locks. Edmar raised an eyebrow and his crew snickered. The old man stood up from behind his map-covered desk, crossing the room to a dresser that sat on the wall. Rummaging around as he looked for something specific.
 
“Ya know what the punishment of snoopin' is on this ship kid?” Edmar said in his deep gravely voice.
 
The chestnut haired thief shook his head “no” but didn't like where this was going, or the oddly hungry looks he was getting from the crewmembers.
 
“Ya get to wear this,' the captain pulled a long elegant looking dress, like something a bar wench would wear, out of the dresser. `for me.”
 
The young pick pocket started to laugh nervously. His voice cracking as he reassured the older man that it wasn't really necessary. Standing, he put his hands up in defeat and backed away from the advancing captain.
 
“Really, it's a generous offer but I don't need somethin' like that, being a guy and all.” The boy said nervously. The tick fingered hands of the man who'd carried him out of the cargo hold placed themselves on his shoulders and held him still.
 
“What makes ya think ya got a choice?”
 
The hands on his shoulders gripped his shirt and ripped the already tattered fabric from his body as the captain advanced with the dress. The boy struggled and screamed. Flailing his head and kicking out with his long legs.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
The rain was coming down in sheets now, the dark haired young man came out onto the deck with a hand shielding his eyes from the random flashes of lightening that ripped through the clouds every once and a while. He was glad that they were in a port. It would be almost impossible to navigate in this kind of weather, let alone keep the ship from capsizing. The pitch black eyes of the young cook squinted as he picked his way over the slick deck toward the captains' room. He had to tell the old blighter that they needed to replenish their supply of citrus before pulling out after the storm, or risk an outbreak scurvy later on. As he approached the door he heard some odd struggling sounds from within and pushed it open with is shoulder as he turned the polished brass knob.
 
“Sir is every thing...” He stopped shot at the sight within.
 
Two of the crew leaned against the wall laughing while another set on the desk. The first mate was kneeling on the floor, pinning a struggling form to the floor by the wrists, while Captain Edmar had one of his large hands latched around an ankle. The struggling form was dressed in a tacky red gown and its long chestnut hair sprayed out in all directions as it kicked and tried to scream through the gag. All the occupants of the room, however, fell silent and froze when the soaking wet cook came in. Exempting, of course, the chestnut haired boy who continued to struggle.
 
“What are you doing?” The dark haired young man asked in an icy voice.
 
The captain didn't move for a moment and then slowly released his hold on the boy under him and stood. Walking over to the tall, lanky, cook who stood in the doorway glaring daggers at the men inside, he reached around behind the dark one and closed the door, locking it with a resounding click.
 
“Well Chang, wha' tis it `at brings you up from the kitchens? I fear you caught `e at a bad `ime.”
 
“Clearly.” The cook said coldly, meeting Edmar's eyes with his own.
 
“Well?”
 
“The stocks are running low on citrus, I came to suggest you purchase more.”
 
“ Is `at so. Well since yar `ere, why don' ya stay for a while.”
 
The hand that was already behind Chang moved from the lock on the door to the small of the young mans back and then slid down to the back of his thigh. The old letch brushed his other hand along the high, well-defined, cheekbones of the young mans face while he grinned stupidly.
 
“Don't touch me... sir.” The black hair man said with a hiss before grabbing the writs of the larger man and twisting it backward painfully.
 
Edmar growled darkly and then shrieked girlishly as the thin cook moved forward and flipped the man over his shoulder causing the body of the much larger captain to slam into the locked door. Knocking it off its hinges and sending the man skidding out into the rain. The crewmen in the room stood up strait and stared in shock. They had always poked fun at the slim cook who just ignored them; they'd never though he was capable of something like this. The first mate released the wrists of the boy he held and stood. Pointing threateningly at the cook but dubbed over, clutching his crotch, when the heel of the chestnut haired thief slammed into his aroused genitalia. The boy, dress slipping off one thin boned shoulder, stood and removed the gag. Rubbing his fist across his mouth and spiting on the floor. The other crewmembers finally finished being stunned, yelled and moved to capture the cook and pickpocket as they both bolted out the door.
 
The three crewmen chased them out the door and off the ship onto the docks, once the first mate recovered; he joined them in the chase. The black haired cook, closely followed by longhaired thief, ran as quickly as possible in the pouring rain. The strong winds and waves lashing up onto the wooden docks of the little harbor didn't help their progress either. Some of the rest of the crew was just now coming back from the taverns in town and so the cook and thief were forced down the dock of another ship, unable to get past, they were trapped by the pirates with their only options for escape being the ocean or the ship who's dock they'd been forced down. As the sea was rather violent at the moment they took their chances on the strangers ship.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
Heero had finally gotten into Larker Island's port just before the storm hit. He was relived to find that, because of the storm, there was no charge for docking overnight. He'd furled the sails just in time as the winds picked up just as he stepped down onto the deck again. He'd spent the rest of the day in his cabin, not really interested in going to a bar or wasting money on a over used whore. He eat a meal with Quatre and went about carving out the figures he planed to sell in Redenge until the waves started rocking the Wing to harshly for him to be as detailed with his work as he wanted.
 
The little Guardian was currently hiding under the bed. The occasional peep of fear finding its way to Heero's ears. The storm was strangely violent for the season and so Heero understood his fright and had given one of the extra blankets to him so he could cuddle up in it beneath the bed. Heero sat in his chair, writing in his ship log. Jotting down notes about the day, adding things that needed to be checked after the storm to his long list of things to do, and updating the ships inventory. The sound a yelling made him put down his pen and he opened the door to find a group of men, pirates by the scruffy look of them, standing on his deck. Grabbing his sword from its place on the wall he stepped out into the rain, shouting over the sounds of the driving wind and waves.
 
“Hey!” Heero shouted to get their attention, which worked to well.
 
All the men turned to look at him as he made his way over to the group. His eyebrows knitted in anger.
 
“Get off my ship.” He barked gruffly
 
One of the men looked as if he was going to try and explain but stopped when Heero drew his sword and pointed it at him threateningly, repeating his words forcefully. The man moved to draw his own sword but when it was suddenly laying on the deck instead of in its sheath at his hip he and the others backed down, picking up the sword from the deck Heero threw it at them as they filled off his ship. Once they had disappeared into the dark rainy night he sheathed his sword and walked back toward his room. Pausing next to the stairs that led into the cargo hold.
 
“There's no point in you hiding there, come inside.” Heero said to the pair who the men had chased onto his ship, before making the rest of the trek back to his room. He walked in, lighting the other lantern for better light and then pulled the sopping wet shirt off his body before digging a towel out and drying off his hair. The two stowaways seamed to have followed him in and one had politely shut the door. Heero turned around to see just what it was that the cat had dragged in.
 
The taller of the two had slick black hair, pulled into a small tail at the base of his neck, and equally black eyes that were ever so slightly slanted. He was obviously a member of Lou Islands Dragon clan; the high cheekbones and other well-defined facial features were well known characteristics of the clan. He wore a blue sleeveless tunic that stuck to his skin with rainwater, and his white pants hung heavily from his hips. The other guest was slightly shorter. The long chestnut brown hair was plastered to his face and body. The dress he was wearing, though he was obviously male, was too large and slipped off one shoulder. His blue, almost purple, eyes looked feverish and his well-tanned skin was a little on the pale side. Both of them had slender yet well-muscled builds. The dragon clans muscle was obviously from martial arts training, the development of certain muscle groups told Heero this, the other was probably a pickpocket or thief of some kind though why he was wearing a dress had yet to be revealed.
 
“All right, give me one good reason why I shouldn't throw you overboard with the rest of them?” Heero said, sitting down in his desk chair.
 
“Because you already invited us to your room?” the brunet offered with a grin.
 
“I had no intention of disturbing you, it is mere happenstance that we ran onto your ship. I apologize for the intrusion.” Said the Dragon
 
“Well spoken...?”
 
“Chang, Chang Wufei.”
 
“Heero Yuy, and you are?”
 
“Duo Maxwell at your service!”
 
“So I see.” Duo fidgeted with his dress nervously and gave Heero a sly grin. “ What's seems to be your trouble?”
 
Duo, the brunet in the dress, and Wufei, the Dragon Clansmen, took their time telling Heero their story. Starting from Duos' capture in Edmar's cargo hold, to Wufei's entrance, and eventually to the part were they were forced onto the Heeros' ship. With their tale complete Heero took a minute to log all the information away in the back of his mind and then threw each of them a dry towel.
 
“I'm not sure as to how much of your story I believe is true but, as Duo is wearing a dress, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.”
 
“Mew?” Heero, who'd grown accustomed to Quatre's peculiar appearance, gave Wufei and Duo and odd look when the made faces at the little Guardian who had at some point during their story climbed out from under the bed and was now sitting on the table.
 
“Holly Crap! What is that?” Duo said, pointing at the little blond creature that was looking at him questioningly.
 
“This is Quatre.” Heero said mater-o-factly as if it were painstakingly obvious.
 
“A Lunar Guardian? I didn't think they really existed.” Wufei said in a disbelieving voice.
 
“Neither did I.” Heero admitted truthfully
 
Duo slunk up to the table to get a closer look at the little Guardian, poking him in the shoulder as if he didn't believe the creature was real. Quatre grasped Duo's finger in his little padded hands and inspected it the way he'd done Heero's finger about a week earlier. Then, deciding it looked tasty, he gave it a chomp. Duo yelped loudly and ripped his finger away from the inquisitive blond and looked at Heero disbelievingly.
 
“He bit me!”
 
Heero lifted an eyebrow and gave a lighthearted snort. Wufei smirked, though; inside he was restraining the urge to laugh.
 
“What if I get rabies or something!” Duo said, dancing around while holding his bleeding finger.
 
“You would get rabies, I've been bitten before. It's no big deal, calm down.” Heero commanded.
 
Duo stopped and slunk back to the wall, letting himself slide down to the floor. He ignored the rest of Heero and Wufei's conversation, catching only bits and pieces. Apparently Heero had offered them the floor and Wufei had accepted for the both of them, an act Duo wanted to protest as he hardly even knew Wufei but didn't because he would look stupid for later agreeing to sleep on the boat. He glanced back at Quatre who was lying on his stomach on the tabletop. His little chin propped up in his padded palms as he watched the two humans talk, something he appeared to find very interesting. Duo waved his hand to get the Guardians attention and then proceeded to make funny faces at him. Quatre laughed at a few of them before jumping down to the floor and placing himself in Duo's lap. The two silently started a contest to see who could make the funniest face. This went on for about an hour before Quatre started to doze off and Duo himself was starting to have to keep himself awake.
 
Eventualy all four of the people in Heeros' room went to bed. First Duo who curled up on the floor, using his towel as a pillow, followed by Quatre who curled up on the foot of Heeros' bed, Wufei fell asleep sitting up in desk chair, and lastly Heero lay down to sleep in his bed. The storm that had been raging outside had begun to wane so it was quieter now. Leaving all of them to their own dreams.
------------------
::Note from the Author::
Thank you every one who has reviewed the first few chapters. I really appreciate it.
Go check out my profile for an illustration for this chapter. Hope you liked this
chapter as much as the others. Keep reading and keep reviewing.”
!CLICK THE LITTLE PURPPLE BUTTON!