Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

Something for the readers: Big tinky to all who said their piece, it's good to hear from you. Now, it gets good dear readers. After wards, lemme know what you think.

"Check it out, it's another ham." said Hamtaro.

Stan took a look as well, "You're right," he said, "but I haven't seen him around before." he said.

All of the hams were looking at the new hamster. The hamster was red and white and had a backpack on. The ham also wore a headpiece which looked like a combo of headphones with shades connected to them, and the ham was dancing. "Hey, that could be a girl, ya know." said Sandy.

"No offense sis, I have yet to see the girl ham move like that." said Stan, "speaking of which, check out his footwork."

Stan and Maxwell were watching the feet of the ham in question and noticed he was wearing odd shoes.

Hamtaro walked up to the dancing ham, "Excuse me, can I have a word with you?" he asked, but there was no response from him, he just continued dancing. "Hello, can you hear me?" Still, no response.

"Step aside Hamtaro," Said Boss. "I'll handle this." and focused his attention to the dancing ham. "Hey buddy, listen up..." and went to grab him, but the ham's dance move evaded Boss' grasp. Boss tried again, the dancing ham evaded the grasp. Finally, Boss managed to wrap his arms around the ham, but a drop in his movement mad him evade Boss' clutches once more.

Now Boss was mad, that's when Bijou gently pushed him aside and tapped the dancing ham's shoulder. He held up a finger and kept on dancing, "See, I got his attention easily." said a contented Bijou. "Just be patient."

"Man this ham can move." Stand told Maxwell.

"Yes, I think we should learn how to dance like him." said Maxwell.

"That would be so cool." said Sandy.

After the ham was done with his dance, Hamtaro and the gang applauded him. The applause he got, finally caught his attention. "Hamha hams." he said as he lifted his shades.

"Hamha." they all said.

"Hamkwee." said Penelope.

"So when did you all show up?"

"We heard you dancing, so we decided to follow our ears." said Stan. "Dude, you can move."

"Thanks, it took much practice."

"Why do you dance like that?" asked Miri.

"Simple, it's because I like to jam. That's my name by the way, Jam... and you are?"

*

It didn't take long for Jam to get introduced and for Maxwell to fill him in on what's going on. "Dancing lessons, huh? sounds interesting." Jam said. "What kind of dances are you teaching?"

"Take a look," Maxwell answered, "the lesson's are all here."

"Don't mind if I do."

Jam took a look in Maxwell's binder, meanwhile lunch was finally coming to a close. "We're all cleaned up here." said Pashmina.

"Oui," added Bijou, "now we can get back to doing our dances."

"Is it okay if I can have the next dance with you, Pashmina?" asked Howdy.

"Forget it, she's dancing with me next." Dexter said.

"Dream on, four-eyes. The next dance is mine."

"Is not."

"So."

"Not."
"So."

"Not."
"So."

And on they bickered. "Do Howdy and Dexter always do that?" asked Jam.

"All the time." Miri answered. "Those two have a fondness for Pashmina, and often go at each other's necks."

"Oh wow."

"After a while, you get used to it."

"Poor Pashmina, this must be degrading for her."

Back to our rivals, "Okay, we'll let Pashmina decide." said Dexter. "It's her choice after all."

"I already made my choice," Pashmina said, "and it's not either one of you."

"Whaaaaatttt!" the rivals yelled in unison, jaws nearly hit the ground.

"Jam, can you teach me how to move like you?"

Jam acts all surprised. "Who me? Well I dunno," he said. "I wouldn't want your 'boyfriends' to be mad at me."

"What, those losers, why would I dance with them for?"

"Because Pashy, they think of you as a goddess."

"Stop it Jam, you're making me blush."

"Well if I were one of them, I'd consider you as a goddess."

"You're a sweetie, you know that?"

"Well, yes..."

Before Jam could finish, Pashmina pecked his cheek. Great, looks like I'm public enemy number one now. he thought. He turned to Howdy and Dexter, who had that "Your ass is mine." look on their faces. Oh well, I AM likable. Maxwell looked in his binder and saw the next lesson in his binder. "I didn't put this one in here," he told himself, "I probably did and didn't know it. Well, let's try it anyway." He approached his friends, "Okay people, time for the next lesson!"

*

This lesson was easily taught and soon after, everyone was dancing it. Jam was going solo, but Dexter and Howdy approached his sides. "Listen buster, I don't know what you're trying to do, but you better watch your back." Dexter warned.

Howdy also gave Jam a warning. "You just made trouble messing with her, bub. And I won't stand for it, so you better watch your steps."

Jam shook his head, "Your idle threats don't faze and won't faze me fellas," he began. "Second, the name's not Buster, or Bub, it's Jam. Finally, it's not my fault that I'm likable. And if you two would stop acting like jerks all the time, bickering over a ham girl like she's the last acorn on the tree before winter, maybe she might just choose one of you to be her beau. But you two don't get it... and I hope you two get it soon."

"Pashmina, are you listening to them?" Sandy asked.

"No, what's wrong?" answered Pashmina.

"Look over there."

"I'm just saying that you better leave my Pashmina alone." said Dexter.

"Your Pashmina?" Howdy repeated, "Pashmina is mine."

"Oh really, well I'll make sure she's mine after today."

"If you two keep fighting over her like that, you might lose her to someone else." Jam told them.

"Like, you?" Dexter and Howdy questioned.

"No, Stan."

"Stan goes after all of the girls."

"And he's near Miri and Bijou right now."

"Keep on acting like jerks. But like I told her, you do this because you love her."

Pashmina decides to walk over to the three boys. "Jam, Sandy wants you to give her a hand with a few steps." she said.

"Okay, but you talk with your 'boyfriends', okay?"

"You'd make a nice fellow, but I owe Hamtaro for getting me in the mood for a dance."

Jam got out of dodge, and Pashmina scolded the boys. "If you two don't be nice to our new friend, I won't ever speak to either of you again." she warned, "What kind of friend acts like a bully to his friend anyway? Cut it out you two!"

"But-"

"Keep it up and you'll miss out on your dances with me."

Pashy knows how to toy with them, Jam thought. Hopefully that will lower their tension.

Over the next lessons, Jam observed a lot. "Okay guys, this time we'll get into triangle dancing." Maxwell began, "Here's how it works, you'll need two partners for this one. Okay, let's make up the groups."

"How?" asked Miri.

"I know about that type of dance." says Jam. "I'll lead. Let's see, Bijou, you partner up with Boss and Hamtaro. Pashy, you take Dexter and Howdy. Penelope, you take Cappy and Stan. Um, Miri, you're with Panda and me."

"Slow down, we're running out of hams." Maxwell said.

"Well that's no problem, the rest can partner up together."

"Okay, but I hope you know what you're doing."

But of course Maximillion, I'm about to prove my point.

After that, Maxwell, Stan and Jam explained everything. and after the original trios, they switched and switched so everyone danced with everyone. After that, it was time for a break. "Well, let's take five and continue afterward." said Maxwell.

"I was an excellent dancer, wasn't I Pashmina?" asked Dexter.

"Well..." Pashmina began...

But Howdy cut her off, "I was better, wasn't I?"

"You were horrible, I danced better."

"I wasn't horrible, but you were."

"You were."

"You were."

"You."
"You."

"You."
"You."

"There they go fighting each other for Pashmina." said Cappy.

"Yup." added Panda.

Jam whispered into Panda's ear. "Panda, you like building stuff, right?"

"Yeah." Panda answered.

"Come with me, it's time to set up shop."

"What for?"

"I'll explain later, but we better get going."

"Right."

Jam lead Panda away from the others. Meanwhile, back at the scuffle... "You sissy ham, you'll run away with your tail between your legs." said Howdy.

"You're the one who's the chicken." Dexter shot back.

"Well, I'll say this to you, if it came down to it... I'll be the one who stands up and fights for Pashmina's love and honor."

"Yeah, but I'll gladly lay down my life for my darling Pashmina!"

"You guys, where are Jam and Panda?" Hamtaro asked.

"We better look for them." Boss said and everyone fanned out.

*

Afterwhile, they found Jam and Panda by a weird machine. "Hey hams, are you ready?" asked Jam.

"Ready for what?" asked Hamtaro.

"It's time."

"Time for what?"

"Time to settle who belongs to who."

Boss didn't get it. "I'm confused, what is this about anyway?" he asked.

"Listen up people, this is where it's all decided."

"What's all decided?" asked Oxnard."

"Don't be rude, Oxy." said Pashmina. "Go on, Jam."

"Thanks, Pashy. Though I've been around you a short while, I've noticed who wants who to be theirs. And since you people haven't been able to find out how to deal with it, I've found out a solution. You'll go head to head on this floor and battle it out in the spirit of the dance.

"Here's how it works, since you all dance so well, it's time to see what you've learned. Now listen up and watch the screen." Jam turned to the screen. "There are four steps on the floor and they appear in patterns on the screen. When the notes come here..." Jam followed on the screen, "Step in front, step behind, step to the left, step to the right. Also, sometimes, you may have to step in mor than one spot, so be aware and stay frosty. Hit the step and the bar the gauge goes up if your timing is right, miss and the gauge goes down, and when the gauge is empty, you lose the game. Any questions?"

"What's with the podium behind the floor?" asked Pashmina.

"Pashy," Jam began, "that's where you come in."

"Me?"

"That's right, you'll stand here and choose the songs."

"Oh."

"Now it's showtime, everybody. All the guys who wish to battle for Pashmina's love and honor, step on the floor."

Dexter and Howdy step on the floor head to head. "You're going down, four eyes." said Howdy.

"We'll see if your apron lives up to its name." said Dexter.

Just then, Stan stood next to Howdy, "This will be fun," he said. "I'll get my groove on with you guys and get a groove on with my new ham girl. Bring it on, guys, bring it on."

"Well, let's get it on. Pashy, you will decide their fate now. Let the battle begin!"

Who do you think should get Pashmina?

review and and tell me who you think should get her.