Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Fighting Chance ❯ Let's Get Packing- 4 Years Later ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~:~
 
“Sakura” He says, and both smile lovingly at one another. All around Tomoeda, things were returning and people woke up.
 
Sakura steps back a few steps. “Here I go!”
 
“Hey! Just wait `till it turns back to normal.” Shaoran shouts to her, trying to keep her from hurting herself.
 
“I don't want to!” She shouts back and jumps. “I LOVE YOU!”
 
~:~
 
Card Captor Sakura: The Second Movie
 
The Sealed Card
 
~:~
 
Sakura lands right in Shaoran's arms, the force knocking both of the over. Just as they got up, the two holes in the clock tower were filled. Shaoran looked at her, and smiled. “Let's get back to the festival.” He said. Sakura nodded, and took out her star staff. “Fly!” She shouted and tapped it, the card faded as white ribbon-like substances shot out of it and wrapped around Sakura's back, forming slightly transparent wings.
 
“Hold on tight.” She told him, as he embraced her tightly. Sakura jumped and flew right out the side of the clock tower. In a minute or two, they were gliding over the stage where the performance was held. “How do we explain this to everyone?” She asked Shaoran, looking down at the audience.
 
Sakura found a place to land, and entered backstage, followed by Shaoran. Meilin and Tomoyo were already there, and Tomoyo was hugging Sakura's dress, hoping she didn't get hurt to badly, and that both her and Li-kun were safe. Meilin was at Tomoyo's side, trying to assure her that both Sakura and Shaoran were okay.
 
When both looked up, they saw both Sakura and Shaoran in one piece, looking like they've never felt better. “So, how do we explain to everyone how they stayed here through the night without remembering?” Everyone was out of ideas, so they stayed there, silent until Sakura remembered something.
 
“Where are Kero and Yue?” She asked, looking around. “We HAVE to find them, mostly Kero! They could take him as a stuffed animal and he can't do anything about it! What if he moves, or is still in his true form?” Shaoran took her hand, and looked into her eyes. “They're all right, trust me. Let's go find them.” And he led her out.
 
Meilin turned to Tomoyo. “Do you think she finally said it?” Tomoyo nodded, and then looked a bit sad. “I didn't get Sakura's confession on tape though. Maybe I'll get her first kiss if we follow her!” He eyes became starry once more and rushed out. Meilin followed her thinking, good thing she confessed so soon, or they wouldn't have any time for fun and we would have to go through something like this next time we meet, if we ever got to meet again...
 
Sakura and Shaoran found Kero and Yukito easily; they were at the amusement park where the Sealed Card took them. Sakura sensed that the new card felt a little sad seeing the two, but Sakura sent her a happy wave of power, reassuring the card that she would be forgiven and she was happy once more.
 
~:~
 
For some reason, no one was sleepy or questioned what happened. It was as if the Sealed Card incident never happened, though all the footage (including the ones in Sonomi's three cameras) was erased still, and the gang was all happy because of that, if word about magic got out, they had no idea what would happen.
 
The present day was Sunday, and tomorrow, Shaoran would have to leave to Hong Kong again. They gang (Eriol included) spent the day having fun. They shopped, ate, shopped, went to the park, but most of all they shopped.
 
“Meilin, do we really need all this?” Shaoran asked her. “I mean, you already have too much at home! We had to get you another closet.” Meilin looked at him as if he were crazy. “What do you mean? You can never have too many clothes.” Shaoran made a face. “But what if-“
 
Sakura cut him off. “It's a girl thing, Shaoran-kun, you'll never understand.” Shaoran shook his head. “No, I don't think I ever will.” Tomoyo and Eriol were silent, for Tomoyo was videotaping “The First Day of the Official Couple of Sakura-chan and Shaoran-kun” and Eriol was just being mysteriously silent.
 
~:~
 
Monday morning, Sakura was excused by her father to see Shaoran and Meilin off at the airport. Meilin decided to go ahead, but no before she gave Shaoran a necklace with a jade pendant. “Thought you might like that.” She told him, and went off to board the plane.
 
Shaoran stepped forward to give the necklace to Sakura, and Sakura stepped forward to receive it. Their hands touched, and both of them blushed. “This is just like last time.” Sakura said, and Shaoran nodded. “Except this time, I'm going back with an answer.” And with that, he kissed her. It was a gentle kiss, soft and tender, but with a touch of hunger, longing, and… sorrow?
 
When they broke, Sakura looked at him, and embraced him. “Sayonara, Shaoran.” She whispered. “I prefer to think of it as `see you soon.'” He told her. That's when a woman's voice sounded. “Flight AC398 Air China will leave in 5 minutes, last call for flight AC398, non-stop to Hong Kong.” Shaoran turned to leave, and waved goodbye.
 
“Seen you soon Shaoran!” Sakura called, and he waved back, smiling.
 
Sakura turned, and walked back home. She would have to catch up at school tomorrow, but today, she just wanted to take a long walk.
 
~:~
 
Tomoyo and Meilin were still corresponding, and sometimes Sakura and Shaoran would talk, for hours, and hours, with no end. “Come on Sakura-chan, give me the phone!” Tomoyo had to pry the phone out of Sakura's hands to get it. “Maybe you should just write a letter, or email him!” Sakura pouted, “Fine Tomoyo-chan.”
 
Eriol had long since returned to England, and was living happily with Kaho Mizuki*. They sometimes talked on the phone, but other than that, he was pretty much out of their lives. Kaho became a teacher there, and Eriol was trying to be a normal teenager -at least as normal as the reincarnation of Clow can be.
 
~:~
 
Four years passed, and now Sakura was 16 years old. She still loved Shaoran, and got in no relationships with anyone. She was sad, but her cards told her not to worry. Tomoyo-chan noticed just how miserable Sakura felt without Shaoran, so she made another plan with Meilin.
 
Meilin was scared that Shaoran might somehow forget about Sakura, and fall for one of his fan girls, so she told Tomoyo that she would help 100%.
 
It was a day before her birthday, and Sakura still wasn't feeling so well. Tomoyo had asked her to buy some stuff for her, and Sakura gladly told her yes, for she wanted something to get her mind off Shaoran. When she got back to Tomoyo's mansion, she saw that Tomoyo-chan was talking to someone.
 
This certain someone had ruby eyes and midnight hair. “MEILIN-CHAN!!!” Sakura screamed and rushed to hug/suffocate her. “When did you get here? What happened to your hair? Meilin-chan, you're here!” Meilin smiled. “I know, I got here a few minutes ago, I got my hair cut, sadly, and YES! I, Li Meilin, am here in Tomoeda, Japan.”
 
Someone cleared their throat behind the girls, Sakura turned at nearly burst into tears of joy, instead, she went and suffocated/hugged him. “Shaoran-kun! I'm so glad you're here!” When she let go, he gave her a small kiss, and hugged her.
 
In the background, Meilin was looking around the living room, and Tomoyo was videotaping “The Second Most Kawaii Moment of Sakura's Life! -Soon To Be the Third” as she called it. “Your first kiss Sakura-chan, no wait, your first kiss captured by me, Daidouji Tomoyo!” She had gone starry-eyed.
 
“What about me?” Someone said, and everyone turned to the voice. “Eriol-kun!” The two girls cried, while his descendants (both of them, though only one is blood) muttered, “Clow.”
 
“Yes, not that we're all together again, let me discuss some things with you.” Eriol took a seat on one of the couches, as did Tomoyo followed by Meilin. Sakura and Shaoran sat on the loveseat, for it was the only one left. “First, Shaoran, your mother has decided that you may stay until you're 18 years old, by then, she expects you to have proposed and wants to hold the wedding in Hong Kong.”
 
Shaoran's eyes popped out. “She's already planning the wedding?! She'll plan the rest of my life, like what gender my children will be!” Now Sakura was really red, and Shaoran just realized what he said, also turning redder than Sakura.
 
“N-not that I'm planning to have children!” He added. At this Eriol smiled. “But you have to have children; you have to make an heir for the Li Clan. Anyways, let's steer away from Shaoran's love life. Sakura, may I see your cards?” Sakura pulled out a deck of pink cards, and handed them to Eriol. Meilin sudden announced she remembered she had to go to the apartment and pick up the keys. She left, and Eriol turned back to Sakura and her cards.
 
“I see your power has grown since we last met, the cards are all happy you are their mistress.” He told Sakura, and she nodded. Suddenly, Eriol's pocket started to glow, and then the light faded. Eriol quickly took a mirror out of his pocket.
 
“Albus?” He questioned. A voice in the mirror answered. “Yes, it is me. Now Eriol, I am going to apparate into the room, please warn the others.” Eriol looked up, and told everyone to stand clear. Next thing they knew, a loud crack echoed throughout Tomoyo's mansion. Albus Dumbledore**, headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, shook hands with Eriol Hirrigazawa**, reincarnation of Clow-sama. He then looked upon Kinomoto Sakura***, Card Mistress and Mistress of the Clow, and Li Shaoran***, blood descendant of Clow-sama and Sakura's former partner in the Card Captor days.
 
“This must be the young mistress, please to meet you.” Dumbledore spoke in an unknown language, however everyone but Tomoyo could understand it. “H-hai, I mean yes, I am. Please call me Sakura.” Sakura shook his hand, and Dumbledore turned to Shaoran. “And this must be the blood descendant of Clow.” Shaoran shook his hand. “Li Shaoran.”
 
Tomoyo was confused. “Sakura, Shaoran, Eriol, I can't understand anything you're saying!” She whined. Eriol took her hand, and said two words. “It's a translation spell, you should understand us now.” Tomoyo smiled. “Arigatou Eriol-kun! But how can you all understand it?” Sakura spoke next. “Kero-chan's been teaching me over the four years, he says it's the language of wizards, but we use it to talk to other people that know magic.”
 
“I learned before I came Japan, and I expect Shaoran had to learn, to be able to commune with other people that knew magic, so he could maintain the clan.” Eriol answered Tomoyo's next question before she spoke it. Tomoyo nodded and let Dumbledore continue.
 
“As I was saying, Lord Voldemort, the dark wizard that has been killing for the past 20 years or so, has targeted Hogwarts. I came to ask you to give Harry Potter, the only one that can kill him, a fighting chance. I ask you to train the students in defense and give Harry some special lessons. I know you have been training for the past four years or so. Sakura has her two guardians, Shaoran has to train for the clan, and Eriol has been training with his guardians and Kaho. The term starts soon, in a week really. You have plenty of time to prepare. You may fly here if you want, or teleport if it's more convenient.”
 
Sakura happily nodded, she really wanted to help the Harry Potter Kero told her about, and Shaoran agreed to go too. Eriol as well, but when Tomoyo wanted to go and bring Meilin with her, they weren't so sure. “Please, Eriol-kun? Sakura-chan? Shaoran-kun?” She begged, and begged until they all agreed. Dumbledore gave them letters and apparated back to Hogwarts.
 
“Well, let's get packing…”
 
~:~
 
A/N: I do not own Harry Potter or Card Captor Sakura; they belong to J.K. Rowling, CLAMP, and their respective owners.
 
I did not intend this to be a CCS/HP crossover; it just came out that way. I wanted this to just be a continuation of the movie, and an oneshot. It looked better this way though. Please R&R, tell me what you think. I accept all reviews. Constructive criticism encouraged, flames ignored but still read.
 
*Though Eriol and Kaho were a couple in the manga, they WILL NOT be a couple here, sorry EH fans!
** Eriol and Albus were from Europe, so they say first names first.
*** Sakura and Shaoran are from Japan and China, they say family names first.