Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Supernatural Magic ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them.
 
Chapter 15
 
Dean smiled slightly as he heard light footsteps approach him. Seconds later Harry joined him at the rail, their arms brushing slightly. As soon as that happened Dean felt himself relax, his temper settling back to normal levels.
 
“How are you doing?” Harry asked softly and Dean shrugged.
“Temper issues?” The younger man guessed and Dean stared at him in surprise.
“Not that hard to guess Dean. Full moon may be over but it was your first change and your body is having to deal with a lot of changes. And werewolves are naturally...temperamental. Remus is the gentlest guy until you get him mad or endanger someone he cares about. Apparently it was worse after he was first bitten. You'll learn to handle it and you'll have help Dean.” Harry told him.
 
“Did I really agree to this? I...I don't remember anything after the accident.” Dean told Harry softly and Harry reached out slowly to lay a hand over Dean's. To his delight Dean let him.
 
“You did. There was a Reaper in the hospital and it was after you. I...I might be able to jog your memory if you want me to?”
 
“Yes. I need to know what happened to me EvHarry.”Dean shook his head and Harry smiled.
 
“I'm sorry, about the false name thing. I don't mind which one you use if it's more comfortable.”
 
“I'll get used to Harry, suits you better actually.” Dean offered and Harry grinned.
“So what do we need to do?” Dean asked, taking a deep breath.
 
“Just look me in the eye.” Harry told him, turning to fully face him. Dean turned as well and Harry reached up to gently cup his face.
“Trust me.” Harry whispered and then slipped into Dean's mind, searching gently for the memories of Dean's out of body experience. They were elusive and foggy, continually trying to slip away but he finally latched onto them and brought them into Dean's conscious mind. He secured them and did a quick check, backing off at the low growl coming from the back of Dean's mind. Soon enough no one would be getting into Dean's head, one of the benefits of being a werewolf. Dean caught him as he swooned slightly, amber glinting in his usually green eyes for a second before fading.
 
“Are you alright?” Dean murmured and Harry nodded, not wanting Dean to let go.
 
“Do you...”
 
“I remember. Did you mean it?” Dean asked and Harry smiled, letting his hand move to card through Dean's hair.
 
“I don't say things I don't mean Dean. I love you.” Harry swallowed, heart in his throat, as he waited for an answer. Instead of saying anything Dean pulled him close and kissed him. Harry relaxed, letting Dean support his slighter weight as he responded eagerly but carefully to the kiss. Dean was still a new werewolf after all and he really didn't want to push his instincts until Dean had learnt to control himself.
 
Dean let Harry go as they separated to breath. He couldn't believe he'd just kissed his brother's best friend but then Harry was his friend too, had been for many months now. And now he could remember Harry's whispered confession of love, the way he had come to save them from their demon possessed Dad, despite knowing the demon was more powerful, how he'd tried to shield Dean during the crash. He'd been attracted to Harry from the start but now...now he could admit that he loved him.
 
“I love you too.” Dean whispered.
 
Sam smiled as he watched Dean pull Harry into another kiss before he let the curtain fall from his hand. Now it was time to talk to his Dad and make some things very clear. Because he was not going to let Dean or Harry be hurt by John ever again.
 
----------------------------------
Dean was sitting with Remus and Harry in the woods just out of sight of the house. Personally he'd never been one for all the new-age meditative stuff but Remus and Harry had pretty much dragged him out of the house much to Sam's amusement. But if it would help him get a grip on his now very volatile temper he guessed he was willing to try. He'd screamed at Sam the other day for no reason and was just thankful that Sam knew what was going on so he'd brushed it off. Their Dad had taken off a few days earlier on a hunt, unable to just sit around though he'd promised to be back before the next full moon. He didn't know what Sam had said to him but their Dad had definitely been watching what he said and did more since they'd talked.
 
Dean would never admit it out loud but the thought of the full moon scared him to death. Remus had explained what it would be like and the difference the potion would make but what if something went wrong? What if he got loose and attacked Sam? Harry could take care of himself and as long as he stayed in animal form he couldn't be infected. Sure the potion would give him some control but enough to not attack his family? Or an innocent? He could handle the pain Remus had told him the transformation caused, it was everything else that scared him.
 
He didn't regret his choice, especially now that he remembered everything that had happened in the hospital. The thought of dying wasn't what had made him chose; it was leaving Sammy and Harry alone. Sure they would have had each other but he was the big brother, the protector. And with what their Dad had told him about the Demon...he had to be here to protect Sam from it. Harry was good but he didn't have the instinctive knowledge of Sam that Dean did and if the Demon got free and tried to turn Sam then that knowledge and understanding would be needed to keep Sam free.
 
--------------------------------
“So should I be asking what your intentions towards my brother are?” Sam grinned at the blush that spread across Harry's cheeks.
 
“Do you really want to know?” Harry teased back and Sam laughed.
“I love him Sam.” Harry admitted solemnly and Sam nodded.
 
“I'm glad. Dean...he's my brother you know? And I love the jerk, even when we're fighting. Watching him go from one night stand to the next hurt because he deserves so much more even if he refuses to see it. And you deserve to be happy too Harry.”
 
“Thanks.” Harry whispered.
 
“And if Dad tries to give you a hard time don't worry about it, we had a talk.”
 
“When's he due back anyway?”
 
“Next week, he wants to be here for the next full moon.”
 
“Not like either of you is going to be allowed downstairs.” Harry informed him and Sam nodded though he didn't look entirely happy.
“Dean would never forgive himself if he hurt you and you know it Sam. It's too dangerous. If Dean agrees maybe we can set up a way for you to see him while staying safely upstairs. But only if Dean agrees.”
 
TBC...