Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ After the End ❯ Living Room Disasters ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Two days later it was a shocked Hermione that recieved Draco in her home. In a rare burst of love for living and the need to get out of his home for a while he flooed to her small apartment at around two in the afternoon on a saturday. Unfortunately he did so while Ron was sitting comfortably on her sofa and she was in the kitchen making a snack for herself. His presence was alerted by a loud yell of "Malfoy" coming from the general area of her living room. Without bothering to put the turkey back in her refirgerator she ran out of th kitchen only to see Ron and Draco holding wands an inch away from each others necks and glaring at each other as though wishing he other would dissapear or turn into mashed people bits.

"Ron! Draco! What's the meaning of this!?!?!?!" She yelled at the both of them. Their heads swiveled, long white-blond hair whipping around at the same time shaggy read hair flipped up into the air and settled around red ears.

"What do you mean by calling him Draco!?!?!" Ron spat out the same moment a very irritated and strangely calm Draco said "Hermione, be a dear and hex this barbaria away from me. Here's the ammunition for the hex, he attacked me first."

Ron sputtered in angry incoherency for a few seconds before managing a full sentence.

"Dear? What does he mean by dear?!?! And he's using your first name!!! And he knows where you live!!!!"

Realization dawned on his face and for a brief moment Hermione was relieved that he had figured it out. Unfortunately when he spoke again his voice was an angry hiss that belied a thought process that led to the wrong conclusion.

"You two are.... You and him are.... With your worse enemy! He tortured you for years in school and yet you..you let him....?" His face seemed melted into an understanding expression. "But of course, you don't remember him darling....of course you wouldn't hate him on sight..." He whirled around and glared at Malfoy, his expression furious. "You cad! You knew about her didn't you!?!?! You knew she had lost her mind so you decided to shamelessly..."

Draco and Hermione broke in with the same sentence.

"She did not lose her mind!!!" He fairly roared. "Only her memories!!!!"

"I did not lose my mind!!!" She ground out bitterly. "Only my memories!!!!"

Ron shut up for a few seconds, shaking a little over the fact that a few sparks were shooting out of Draco's wand, uncontrolled and unnoticed in his anger.

"Now if you don't mind, Weasel, I was planning on asking Hermione to go to a park and maybe to dinner with me later on. So if you would...?" Draco waved a pale and elegant hand in the direction of the fireplace. Ron open and shut his mouth soundlessly for a few seconds before abruptly shaking his head to clear his muddled thoughts. He glared at them both before quicky apparating with a harsh cracking sound echoing behind him.

Hermione stood in stunned silence for a few seconds before she felt warm hands cover hers. She looked down and unclenched them, unaware that she had even done so in the first place. Almost immediately he tunrned them over and began rubing soothingly at the small crescent shaped marks her nails had left.

Her eyes welled up with tears that quickly spilled over her eyelashes and down her cheeks. He looked up at her sniffle and she tried to give him a smile, but it came out bitter and lonely looking, a fleeting thing. Before she could try to explain her tears away he pulled her into his arms and started cradling her back and forth. Before she could stop it a sob escaped her, and then another, and another. Her arms went up around his shoulders and she buried her face in the curve of his neck.

As she cried she was vaguely aware of him whispering comforting little nothings in her ear. And then he was kissing her cheeks, her forehead, her nose, her chin, and there was only the slightest hesitation before he kissed her mouth. It started out as a chaste peck, but then there was another, and another, each becoming longer until finally her mouth opened and his tongue went inside to taste her. Little shivers of excitement raced up and down her spine and she wasn't aware that her tears had stopped. That her arms had wound themselvces up around his shoulders and that she was kissing him back.

Something hard hit against her back and his hands ame down to scoop her hips up to cradle against his. Her legs wrapped obligingly against his waist as she ran her hands down his arms, to his sides, up his back and everywhere she could reach. One of his hands came up to gently squeeze her left breast and she arched against him invitingly.

Neither heard the popping sound of an obvious apparation. Neither heard the first discreet cough, or the second louder one. Finally the person who had just arrived had enough of the scene before her and gave up with polite coughs.

"HERMIONE JANE GRANGER YOU WILL GET OFF THAT WALL MALFOY HAS YOU PRESSED AGAINST AND AKNOWLEDGE ME!!!!" A thouroughly irritated Ginerva Weasley yelled at her, instantly breaking up the couple. Within a few seconds Draco was across the room trying to make his mussed robes into some semblance of order as Hermione did the same with her clothes. Several more popping sounds followed and Harry Potter entered into the room along with Ronald Weasley and Fred and George.

Remarkably enough no one had their wands pointed at Draco, but that was probaby because no one other than Ginny had seen him standing in the corner yet. Hermione's face was red from both passion and embarrassment, and Ron looked over her in disgust.

"Didn't take you two long now did it? The moment I left more like. Is that rotten bastard still here or..." He looked about the room at the same time that Fred noticed that Harry was now pointing his wand at Draco. He seemed to have noticed him first. Immediately three more wands joined in the pointing and a fully exasperated Draco whipped his out too.

"Now see here, four against one? Not a very fair fight now is it? But then again I shouldn't expect less from a group of cowardly weasels and and the boy-who-lived-to-be-an-ass." He said smoothly, casually aiming his wand at Ronald, seeing as he was more likely to get physical than the rest.

Ginny walked into the kitchen and immediately stol the sandwich Hermione had been making. She munched on it as she walked out and sat on Hermione's couch, motioning for Hermione to join her.

"Oh? Harry dear, I said 'Mione's full name on accident. They were too busy to notice my arrival and..." She said cheerfully, completely unaware that her nonchalant attitude was entirely innapropriate for the current state that the other six occupants of the room were in.

"Please stop right there before I become ill." He said quickly, not moving his green eyes off of the calm figure of Malfoy.

"Oh....Okay. I just thought you should know that Hermione knows her full name now."

"She knows a hell of a lot more than that." Draco said coldly, his shoulders tensing slightly at the thought that these people invading the time he could have spent taking Hermione's clothing had lied to her about her own name....and everything else.

"What do you mean Malfoy." Harry spat out in contempt, his angry gaze now wary and distrustful, and just a little....afraid. Draco gave a bitter laugh.

"Don't you know Potter? I told her. Everything. Well....not everything but as much as I was willing. She knows very well that she and I used to be enemies, and that I used to hate all of you. She also knows about Hogwarts, Dumbledore, the War, and other things."

His gaze, along with several others slid over to Hermione, who was sitting tensely next to Ginny. Ginny had taken that time to prop her legs on the coffee table and rub at her belly while finishing up Hermione's sandwich for her. She couldn't find the remote.

Hermione's eyes met and held Draco's for a second before sliding over to look at Harry and Ron. They fell almost immediately.

"Malfoy....you...you..." Ron began.

"...Saw a girl sobbing in an alleyway and took pity on her. But lo! What is this! Why, it was my school enemies best friend, feeling betrayed and helpless over her own ignorance about her past. Ignorance that her self-proclaimed best friends wouldn't even help her get over. They kept secrets from her. But why? What are you so afraid of?"

Harry's jaw clenched and he closed his eyes as if in pain. Ron turned as red as his hair, and Fred and George were too busy looking from one person to the other to be of any real danger. Draco smirked, a full one like the ones he used to do in school, and another laugh fell from his lips.

"Things change Potter. People change. Hermione isn't a silly eighteen year old girl fighting a war she was never meant to anymore. Take a look at her. She's a grown woman. A woman who's own past was kept a secret from her for four full years by loved ones. How does it make you feel to know that right now, she probably has more love in her heart for me than...."

"STOP!"

Hermione's voice came out sharp and tense, her worried eyes rising to meet his.

"Just stop Draco...they know now, isn't that enough?" She stood and ran over to him, white hands latching onto the front of his robes as her face buried itself in his chest.

Draco gave one last angry glare at the group.

"This isn't the end. Sooner or later you're going to have to face your own guilt."

One arm came to wrap around Hermione's waist. He raised his wand at a forty-five degree angle.

"By the way, she's beginning to remember things."

A loud crack filled the air and both Draco and Hermione dissapeared, leaving a rather stunned group of Weasley's and The-Boy-Who-Lived behind in her apartment.

oooooooooo

So what do you think of this chappie? I'm gonna start making the story more....drama-esque? from this point on.

Read and Review please! :D