Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
While Hermione was in the shower, Draco was sitting down on the couch. He had his head back with his eyes closed but he wasn't sleep. He was just thinking. Thinking about what happened. With him and Hermione.
Why am I being so nice to her? Draco said mentally. All Dumbledore say was to get her not be friendly to her. But I can't just be mean to her after what happened to her parents. This is going to change her life forever. I should know. He sighed. Her eyes are amazing though.
"You like her!" a little voice in the back of his head said.
No I don't I just notice her eyes is all.
"Yeah, that and you like her. Face it, your attracted but you don't want to face the fact that you like a Gryffindor."
Maybe your right but who cares. She doesn't like me. How can she ever like me or even call me by my first name. All those years I knew her. All those cracks about being a Mudblood, she will never respect me.
"But it seemed that tonight she did respect you. Maybe this is a new page for you to." Draco's thoughts were interrupted by Hermione's voice.
"Hello Malfoy. Can you get up so I can go to sleep?"
Draco quickly got up. "Oh-err-sorry. There you go." Hermione put the pillow at one of the ends. Draco walked over to the door that he went into earlier and then turned to Hermione. "If you need any thing I'll be in here. Or you can call Patty. You should use that blanket." he said nodding at the large blanket that was on still on the couch folded up.
"It gets pretty cold down here underground." Hermione nodded to him. He turned his back but before he left he said something. "Oh and please don't try to attack me again while I'm sleep." and he went into the room after seeing a smile on her face.
There was a large King sized bed waited there for him. It was like his four-post bed at school except bigger. He walked over and fell into the bed, and before his head even reached the pillow, he was sleep.

The next morning, Hermione woke up to a wonderful smell. She sat up to see what it was. It was coming from the table. When she looked she saw different types of foods on it. There was eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, grits, and sausages with a large jar of pumpkin juice and a bowl of chopped fruits. Hermione pushed the covers of her and got up. "He was right, I really did need that blanket. It was freezing." She stretched some and stared at the food again. She jumped when Malfoy came out the door.
He looked up at her and smirked. "I see you're awake." He said walking over to her. Hermione nodded. She saw that he was dressed in muggle clothes. He had on a white sleeveless shirt with some baggy army pants with a lot of pockets. She wondered where he was going. He looked at his watch. "It's 8:00am. We should be going to Dumbledore by 10:30. So you can help yourself to whatever you want while I'm gone and Patty will be here if you need something." Hermione eyed him curiously. "Where are you going?"
"Dumbledore asked me to get you some things, since all your stuff was in the fire." He pulled a pouch from one of his pockets and showed it to Hermione. "Dumbledore gave me muggle money and a couple galleons to buy you everything you need for the rest of summer and for school." Hermione nodded. "Malfoy getting my stuff? My clothes for the summer? Did that mean that he was going to buy her underwear too?" Hermione blushed a little and then started to giggle.
Draco gave her a puzzling look. "What are you giggling about?" Hermione faced him trying to keep a straight face, but was failing. "What exactly are you going to get?" Hermione said, biting her lower lip so that she wouldn't laugh. Draco thought about the question. "What was her point?" Draco said to himself. "Well...um...I'm getting you some shirts and shorts and jeans, sneakers, and..." Draco froze. He knew exactly what she was thinking. He started to blush.
"Hmph. You're such a little girl. Giggling about something like that." he mumbled as he comb his fingers through his slick blonde hair. "You shouldn't be so quick to talk. You look like a tomato!" and she busted out laughing. Draco started to get even redder. Hermione finally stopped laughing and wiped the tears from her eyes.
"So what are we going to do about this?" she asked him. He was still as red as a tomato. When he came back to his normal color, he finally spoke. "I don't know this one is tough." He started to think. What was he going to do about this situation? Dumbledore did tell him to get everything she needs, but he can't just go into a store and starts searching for...well you know.
"Think Malfoy think?" he told himself mentally. He was so deep in thought he didn't hear what Hermione said and he simply nodded. Then he heard Hermione yelling at him. "MALFOY. EARTH TO MALFOY." Draco came out of his trance and stared at Hermione. "What?" he snapped back at her.
"Excuse you! All I did was ask a simple question. No need to get an attitude."
"What is it?" He said ignoring her comment.
"How much money did Dumbledore give you?" Draco opened the pouch and took out the money to count it. "About 100. Why?" Hermione smirked again. We're going to need more than that if we're going to shop for me. Luckily, I always bring my wallet with my bankcard just in case. It's in my clothes." She walked over to wear she put her clothes last night.
Draco watched her walk over to the chair. Than it hit him. "We?"
Hermione rolled her eyes. "Yes we Malfoy. You said I could go with you. I can wear my old clothes and besides I'm sure you have something here that can wash under garments. If not I can do a spell."
"NO!" Malfoy yelled at her. Hermione jumped.
"Why not?" Malfoy sighed.
"Because if you use a spell, it'll send a signal to who knows maybe even the enemy."
"But Patty can use a spell and you don't worry about it."
"Yeah well there's a special barrier that protects house elves signals." Hermione thought for a second.
"Then we can just ask Patty to clean my clothes." Hermione turned around to grab her clothes but they were gone.
"Where are my clothes?" Hermione said searching around for them. Malfoy started chuckle.
"Shut up and help me find my clothes." Malfoy shook his head and smirked. "Sorry but I have to go but I'm sure you'll find it eventually." Hermione rolled her eyes. She wanted to go so badly.
Then she felt something tug the long robe she was wearing. It was Patty carrying Hermione clothes neatly in her arms. "Patty cleaned Miss Granger's clothes. I hope Miss Granger doesn't mind." Hermione looked up to Malfoy he did not look happy. She gave him an evil grin. "Thanks Patty. I really need those." she took her from Patty and took her wallet from her pocket and smiled at Malfoy who didn't like this at all. "I'm not suppose to bring you to the muggle world for many reasons."
He had a serious face on. Hermione just smirked. "Now that does not sound like the Malfoy I know. The Malfoy I know would have broken a rule in a heartbeat. Don't tell me the Slyerthin prince has grown soft?"
Draco couldn't say anything. He put his head down. He heard Hermione's voice fading away. "I'm gonna change. You better still be here Malfoy, or else." he looked up and saw her walking into the bathroom and close the door behind her. Draco sighed in frustration. He turned to Patty. "Patty why did you clean her clothes?" Patty looked ashamed.
"Patty sorry master Malfoy. Patty thought that patty was doing something good." her pointy ears flopped down. Draco saw her and his face lighten up. "It's ok Patty. I'll just have to take her with me." He walked over to the table with the food. He took a sausage and started to eat it and poured the pumpkin juice in a goblet, waiting for Hermione to finish getting dressed.
While he was waiting he couldn't help but think about her. "She's right. I am getting softer." he grinned. "You should be thrilled, Hermione. You actually did something good to me.” He took a sip of his pumpkin juice. Hermione finally opened the door. "Okay I'm ready. Lets go." she ran to the fireplace and jumped in. He sighed again and followed her.

When they got to the London, their first stop was the bank. "Is it like the Gringotts?" Malfoy asked her while they walked to the bank. "Not exactly. You'll see." When they got there, the line wasn't to long. They only had to wait for about five minutes. But even though it was only five minutes, Hermione had to answer about a hundred questions Malfoy was asking her.
When they got the money they started walking down the streets decided on which store to go first. "There are not a lot of stores to go to because it's so early." Hermione said searching for a store that was open. Malfoy only nodded. Hermione finally saw a store that was open. It was quite crowded in there to be so early in the morning.
Hermione went crazy in the store looking at all the outfits and putting them in her arms. Malfoy hands were already full with all the other clothes that Hermione picked up. Hermione turned to Malfoy. "I'll be right back I'm gonna try on some of this clothes." She walked into the dressing room, leaving Malfoy by himself.
Hermione finished trying on the clothes and went out the dressing room to look for Malfoy. She froze when she saw him talking to another girl.
The girl was definitely flirting with him, bashing her eyelashes and fiddling with her hair.
She started to feel angry, almost jealous but she didn't know why. She stomped over to the two. Malfoy saw her.
"Hermione, you done?" Hermione nodded and smiled.
"Who's this?" Hermione asked, her attention on the girl.
"Oh this is Kari, Kari this is Hermione."
"Charmed." Hermione said as cold as ice.
"Ditto." Kari said just as cold.
"I didn't know you had a girlfriend Draco." Malfoy shook his head.
"She's not my girlfriend." he said. Kari took her glare off of Hermione and looked at Malfoy with flirty eyes, which made Hermione even angrier.
"Oh really?" She said her a flirty voice. That's where Hermione had to jump in. "We have to go pay for these." Hermione said looking at Malfoy. "Um... okay. Bye Kari." she smiled at him and walked away to a group of girls who were huddled together. They got on line and didn't talk to each other until they got out the store.
"Well you sure make friends real fast Malfoy." Hermione said sarcastically.
"What's your problem Hermione?" She rolled her eyes
"Nothing." she said back with an attitude. "You sure?" he said looking at angry face.
"It's not my fault that some girls act so stupid over a guy. Especially you! I swear they are such morons. And they act like such sluts." Malfoy stopped for a second and looked at her. Hermione stopped too.
"What happen?" He smirked at her. "What?" she said again.
"You're jealous."
Hermione was speechless and almost dropped the bags she was holding. "No I'm not. I can't believe you just said that!" She turned around and started walking. "How can he say that? Me jealous. No I'm not." she said to herself. Malfoy just smirked and followed her.
Draco finally caught up to Hermione, who was mumbling something under her breath. Draco still had a smirk on his face. "Could Hermione actually be jealous over me?" he thought to himself.
"I think we should be getting to Diagon Alley now. We only have a hour and a half until we go see Dumbledore."
Hermione looked at Draco and nodded. They went into the Leaky Cauldron and headed out the other door to Diagon alley. It wasn't that crowded since school was a month from now and no one comes here until about a week before school.
It didn't take long for Hermione and Draco to get their stuff and they were about to leave.
Draco felt like his arms were about to fall off. Carrying both Hermione's clothes and his school things were too much for him. "If you don't mind, why don't you take some of these bags!” “My hands are full too.” which was almost a lie. She only had two small bags in her hand. Draco rolled his eyes.
Then he saw some one who he wasn't expecting to see. Crabbe and Goyle. There was a near by alley and he pushed Hermione into it, dropping all the bags on the ground and covering his body over hers.
"What are you doing!" Hermione yelled. He put his hand over her mouth "Shh!" he whispered, looking out of the alley to see where Crabbe and Goyle were and she obeyed.
Hermione didn't know what was going on, but it seemed that they were hiding from someone. Hermione just stood there under Malfoy with his hand on her mouth. Malfoy finally took his hand off her mouth and started to stare at her.
Their faces were only a few inches away from each other. She had such a great urge to kiss him. His strong muscular body, was pressed on to her just made her want him more. She looked into his gray eyes. She could tell that he wanted her too. His face slowly, came closer to hers, his lips almost touching hers. She couldn't wait for them to touch hers. Then something just didn't feel right to her. She couldn't kiss him. Not her worst enemy. Even if they did get along and are starting to get to know each other in less than a day. She couldn't just throw herself at him. She slowly moved her face from his kiss. "I think we should be heading back." she whispered to him. She looked into his eyes again. He looked a little disappointed but he nodded and got off of her. He checked one last time to see if the coast was clear and they walked out of the alley and didn't talk to each other until they got back to the base.
A/N: I know it sounds weird that Draco hears people talking to himself in his head, but don't take it that way. He's in an argument with himself, that's all. He's not going crazy.