Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Getting Sorted ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]
GETTING SORTED

AN: This is basically me having fun with their potential houses.

Scorpius:
Scorpius had found himself between a rock and a hard place. He was a Malfoy and therefore he would be in Slytherin, it was in his blood his father said. He’d be where he belonged but, he himself wasn’t so certain about that.
You see, he’d known from the get go that he was different from his family, he loved them of course, but he honestly couldn’t understand them sometimes. The things they did and their reasoning for it were always just beyond his understanding. At heart, Scorpius wasn’t a Slytherin. He wasn’t one who wanted to succeed via trickery. Much more comfortable being direct and to the point with things out in the open, it boggled his parent’s minds.
Yet when the call came out “Malfoy, Scorpius” the small boy took a deep breath and figured that, for the sake of family honor he would brave the twisted thinking of Slytherin House and maybe, just maybe he’d come to like it.
His resolve firm, he put the hat on.
“A Malfoy eh? Never thought to see another one here, ah well, down to business. What’s this? Honesty? Straightforwardness and a strong sense of fairness, going to brave Slytherin? No I don’t think so. Sorry lad but you’re going into…”
“GRYFFINDOR!”

Albus:
Albus was an absolute wreck. They’d just gotten into the castle and had been led into the Great Hall by Uncle Neville and then the sorting had begun. He’d been almost not hyperventilating until Scorpius Malfoy made Gryffindor, if a Malfoy could go to Gryffindor, then, couldn’t a Potter be a Slytherin? He knew his Dad had said it would be okay, no matter what house he was in but was that really true?
Then came call of “Potter, Albus” and the Hall went quiet, where would Harry Potter’s little clone go? Gryffindor of course, everyone thought, but it was fun to guess for a few minutes.
Albus stared at the hat anxiously for a few minutes, then squared his shoulders and put it on. Deciding to take his Father’s words to heart he resolved to simply work hard and do his best no matter what his house. He would find his place.
He nearly fell off the stool when the hat spoke.
Interesting, very interesting, a thoughtful, quiet boy eh? Hard working, brave of course, loyal, but with steadfastness and an accepting nature. Hmm hmm, do your best in any house eh? Well then, better be…
“HUFFLEPUFF! “

Rose:
Rose wasn’t sure whether to dance with joy at finally being at Hogwarts or to pass out in terror at finally being at Hogwarts and briefly wished that she and Al had the same last name so that they could stand together in line. She’d never admit it but she was worried about her house.
Her Dad said he was joking and all but, wouln’td he be angry if she wasn’t a Gryffindor or at the very least, disapointed?  She’d been confidant about her placement up until Al got sorted into Hufflepuff. He seemed surprised but ultimately happy, but now she was sweating. That Malfoy boy was in Gryffindor too, and her Daddy din’t want her to have anything to with him but beat him on tests. She sighed; Daddy did so love to make her life difficult.
“Weasley, Rose” called Neville and she made her way to the hat. She’d just take it as it came and make her strategies once she knew what house she was. She was pretty sure she could sell whichever house to her father in the best light; she was her mother’s daughter after all.
She put the hat on.
“Another Weasley eh? Let’s see, the standard bravery and a need to prove yourself in your family but a thirst for knowledge to rival your mothers. Hmm, a good mind I must say well, guess it had better be…”
Slytherin!”

Converting /tmp/phpyMbjr7 to /dev/stdout