Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and (the rest of) The Beast Within ❯ Snippet: The Dursleys Meet Sapphire ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The old crew and the Dursleys have arrived at Sapphire’s home in preparation for Harry and Sapphire’s engagement party. They don't know they traveled to another world; all they know is Harry sent one of his wizarding friends to meet them and his fiance sounds hot.

*******************************************************************

“Ginny? They’re not out there!” Viktor muttered dubiously. Ginny’s eyes widened.

“Oh, I forgot! They’re in the basement. Sapphire’s doing her physical therapy. They said ‘Just come on down.’” Just as Viktor was about to say something, a young woman with long, curly brown hair and beautiful brown eyes came up from behind them.

“Ginny, can you help me carry the drinks out?” Hermione asked her younger friend. “The others are busy.” Ginny and Hermione walked off to the kitchen, while Viktor led the Dursleys down to the basement. When the door opened, they could hear a sound like a motor running, and muffled speaking. They headed down the stairs, only to find that the basement was just as well built as the rest of the house, separated into many rooms. The humming motor grew louder as they approached, though not loud enough to prevent them from recognizing the voice that spoke up as they neared.

“Are you sure you’re doing okay, Love?” Harry asked in a worried tone. “You’re breathing awful heavy for a light workout.” The next voice surprised the Dursleys as they reached the bottom of the stairs. Though the speaker was hidden by a wall, with a voice like that, she couldn’t be a troll.

“I’m fine, Koi. I’m cooling off right now.”

“You call that cooling off?” Harry exclaimed. “Slow down a few knots and maybe you’ll be able to walk later!”

“What if I don’t want to walk later,” she muttered. Harry sighed, perhaps pinching his nose. “Okay, okay, I’ll put a pin in the perving,” the woman grumbled, accompanied by the beeping of a machine. “I’ll slow it down. Jeez, you’re even worse than Hermione. ‘Eat more protein!’” she squawked imitating her friend’s voice. Harry burst out laughing, not noticing Viktor and the Dursleys enter the room and stare. “‘Don’t train so hard! Do this! Do that! Do it again!”

Harry just about fell out of his chair. If Hermione ever heard that impression, Sapphire would be coughing up hairballs for a week.