Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Knockwood: Orychle's Story ❯ Angels and Demons ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The next morning, Orychle woke up to the sounds of screaming and utter chaos in the Aeridorn hallways. He rushed out of the room (Jacob and Marcus were nowhere to be seen) and was almost knocked down by a barrage of older students rushing down the hallway. He gazed down toward the staircase, there was a huge mass of students all pushing their way out.
“Edina? What’s going on?” He asked the portrait that hung directly across from his room. She was standing there, her beautiful white fire-feathers all ruffled up in excitement.
“I think I heard one of the 6th years talking about a demon on the grounds of the main isle!” She said, excitedly.
“That’s what it was exactly,” another portrait down the hall hollered down. Orychle went to it and glanced at the plaque: ‘Madame Quinteel’. Oh great.
“Oh yes indeed young man, about half an hour ago, one of the Aeridorn prefects come rushing into the building, screaming ‘Demon, Demon! Demon on the school grounds!’. He ran around the halls stirring everyone up. It was such a chaotic state, it was.” She took a breathe and Orychle took his chance.
“I think I’m going to go check it out--thank you Madam Quinteel!” He hollered, dashing off before she could say another word.
“Everyone’s always in such a rush.” The portrait said to herself, sighing.

By the time Orychle arrived at the mass of students and sighed. He stood there for a moment, trying to figure out how to get around it. He takes out his wand and points it at himself “Levitatus Persona!” He said, and felt himself drift into the air, he ‘urges’ himself over the crowd and out the door before settling himself on the ground a few hundred yards away. “Such a useful spell.” he said to himself, silently thanking Athena Aeridorn.
It didn’t take long for him to see the demon; there wasn’t even a need to follow the mass of students, he could see it from here. It was about fifteen feet tall, and one of the ugliest things he had every seen (including deformed trolls). There were about six horns sticking out of it’s crunched black skull, and its eyes were fiery red and orange (all three of them). It was flinging students and teachers around as it made it’s way towards the southern part of the main isle.
‘It’s heading towards the dark cave,’ Orychle thought to himself, and took of at high-speed towards the southern beach. Apparently, he wasn’t the only one who realized this, for when he glanced behind him, he saw Sharie and Roxy catching up. He slowed himself just enough for the girls to catch up with him.
“It’s heading towards the cave, Orychle!” Roxy shouted once the three were at pace.
“I know, and it doesn’t look like any of the teachers or elder students are having much luck at stopping it.” he hollered back, trying to focus on keeping pace with the girls and not getting ahead.
“What are we doing heading that way then?” Sharie blurted out, panting. “I mean, if the teachers and older students can’t stop it, what the hell are we gonna be able to do?!” she exclaimed finally, throwing her hands up in the air.
“Well,” Orychle began, hesitating. In truth, he had no idea whatsoever what to do, but he had to at least TRY. “We’ll just figure that out when we get there.” They were getting close to the southern beach, Orychle could smell the sea and watched the demon gain speed. It was heading towards the southern beach from the middle of the isle, so they were running 90 degrees away from it, almost parallel. They would meet up at the beach as long as they stayed steady.
They ran for, what seemed, forever. Orychle’s legs had begun to ache as they found themselves a mere 10 yards from both the beach and the demon. He took out his wand as they grew closer, and started running all of the charms he knew over and over in his head. He tried to remember what charms and types of charms would not work against demons and which worked great. His mind was a blank, however, all he could focus on was the fact that they were growing every-closer to the demon and that he STILL did not have a plan.
Finally they were less than three feet away. Unfortunately, he and the two girls seemed that they forgot to stop before crossing the demon; and they soon found themselves face to face, staring down their reflections in it’s huge, atrocious eyes. ‘Oh god’ he thought, ‘this is it, we’re all going to die.’
The evil creature stretched to full height and screamed, it sounded like a basilisk and troll dying at the same time. It sent chills up and down his spine, and it caused Roxy and Sharie to take a few steps back, their knees chattering. Before the creature could return to its previous hovering-over-them stance, a black owl swooped down and flung a letter at Orychle. Instantaneously he opened it and read it as fast as he could.
“ANGELIUS INHALO!” he screamed, his wand pointed at the demon. The letter burst into flames in his hand, although it was not hot. In that same instant, a quarter second after saying the spell, a patronus like angel of blueish white hues burst forth from his wand and swelled up to twice the size of the demon. Orychle watched in awe as it inhaled deeply and exhaled onto the demon. The breath it let out was invisible, but it’s result was completely understood: the demon began wallowing in pain, and it doubled over, crashing to the ground. The angel continued exhaling until the demon faded into a black mist and evaporated completely. Once it was gone, the angel spun around, smiled at Orychle and misted itself away. He collapsed to his knees, exhausted.
“Orychle!” Roxanne exclaimed, rushing over to him, Sharie stood fast, still in awe over what she’d just seen. “Orychle, are you ok?” Roxanne was holding his head steadily against her shoulder.
Just then, a teacher came rushing over. “You there, what just happened?!” She exclaimed, her face was contorted in shock and worry; it was clear, however, that her face had grown accustomed to years of worry, it was quite worn.
“There-there was a demon, and he” Sharie chimed up, finally finding her voice. “He stopped it…” she finished, the final words sounded extremely surprised.
“What?” The teacher gasped, clutching an emerald and silver brooch that was settled between her breasts. “How is that even…” she let her voice trail off. Lifting his head from Roxanne’s shoulders, he looked at the teacher. He had yet to see her around campus. She was rather tall for a woman, probably about his own height. Her face was leathery and worn, yet seemed soft and was amazingly beautiful for her age. Her eyes were a deep blue, and full of knowledge and caring. Her hair was both red and grey, pulled back into a professionally tied ponytail. She stared down at him, reading his face.
“Yes, I see…Help him up girl.” She said, her voice was raspy, but Orychle could tell there was a time it sounded like pure honey, it was still rather flowing and very gentile.
Roxanne helped him to his feet, although he was already starting to feel better; while he had never used such a strong spell, he had always recovered quickly after using powerful ones. He waved her on, and stood up a bit straighter, showing that he was fine. The teacher nodded and once he stood by her side, she put her hand behind is elbow and led him on at a somewhat steady pace.
“You girls report back to your dormitory prefects. They shall be doing head counts soon, let them know the young man is with me.” She said, and before the girls could answer, she and Orychle were walking at a somewhat trot.

Once they were away from everyone else (Orychle could see all the students returning to their dorms en masse) she spoke. “What is your name, child.” Her words sounded short, but her voice was filled with sweetness.
“Orychle Devlon, ma’am” he said, rather weakly.
“Devlon, eh?” She said, looking ahead and thinking to herself. “I am Professor Aedine,” she did not look at him, but kept her face forward. “I am taking you to my office, the headmaster shall be there will wish to hear about this; I have already sent a student to fetch him.” Her voice was stable and focused.
The continued on in silence, it felt unending to Orychle. Before long, however, they had entered the castle and mazed their way around until they came upon a small office. They entered the room to find Headmaster Arborshate and two other teachers waiting within. Orychle stood there, feeling stark naked, as Professor Aedine closed and locked the door.
She spun around and stood behind him. “Headmaster, this is the student whom stopped the demon.” Her voice was stern and matter-of-factly. She set her hands on his shoulder and awaited the headmaster’s response.
“Indeed Lea?” his voice was questioning, but his eyes were fixated and sure. “And his name again?” he asked, though from the tone of his voice, Orychle could tell he felt embarrassed for having to ask.
“Orychle Devlon, an Aeridorn first year.” She said, as if he wasn’t there. He wondered if he should speak up, he felt very out-of-place at the moment, and rather annoyed at being talked about as if he were somewhere else.
“Devlon, you say? Interesting. Tell me child, how did you stop the demon?” He took a few steps toward Orychle and put his hands together, focused.
“Well…you see, sir, I had rushed over there without even thinking, rather concerned. I didn’t know what I was going to do, but I was the best at charms in my basic wizarding school, so I figured I could come up with something,” he paused to catch his breath, annoyed that he was rambling so, but none here seemed to mind. “Well, as it was about to attack, this black owl swooped down and threw a letter at me. I opened it in a hurry, knowing it was from Athena Aeridorn and-”
“Athena Aeridorn?!” one of the teachers interjected, but the headmaster raised his hand to silence her.
“Yes, sorry. Last night the same black owl came knocking on my window. It delivered a letter on very old parchment. That letter said “come and see me soon” and was signed by Athena Aeridorn. At first I thought it was some kind of a joke played by someone else, but when the letter and owl itself both faded away…” he shook his head, trying to bring himself back to today’s events. “Anyway, the same owl delivered another letter, right there in the heat of everything. That letter said two words: ‘Angelius Inhalo’. I figured it had to be a useful spell, so I used it.” He nodded softly as if to say ‘and that’s that’.
“Well…Angelius Inhalo.” He looked at Professor Aedine. “You recognize the spell, I presume; it sounds like your area of expertise.
“Yes, headmaster. It’s translation is “Angel’s breathe” it is a very strong holy spell.” She glanced down at Orychle before continuing. “Although only extremely high-level wizards know of it’s existence. It has a horrible recoil, and could easily kill an inexperienced wizard. I, myself, have never even attempted it.” she said, slightly shocked. “I’m rather surprised the boy survived it, and even recovered almost instantaneously.”
“Interesting.” he gazed down at the boy, who was now staring at the floor nervously.
“Perhaps, headmaster, he is?” the previous teacher spoke, but was silenced again with the headmaster’s raised hand.
“Another time, Philomena.” He said, yet never took his eyes off of Orychle. “I thank you for what you have done, though hope in the future you don’t go rushing off without thinking.” He gave a hearted chuckle, then continued. “Under the circumstances, I think the child should be enrolled in your class, Lea?” he said, smiling at Professor Aedine.
She nodded in agreeance. “Indeed, Rigmus.” She said, returning his smile and offering a small bow. She then led Orychle from the room by his elbow, and did not speak again until they were a few halls away. “My class is usually only allowed to fourth years and above,” she said, having just stopped in the middle of a hallway. “I teach ‘Divine Charms’, what you used today was indeed a very powerful divine charm. Most of my students would not have even known what it was had they seen it firsthand.” She said, a small twinge of a smile twitching at the end of her peach lips. “I will speak with your other teachers, and make any arrangements necessary for you to be in my class. You don’t mind the extra time, do you?” She said, concerned.
“No, ma’am. I was actually a little bothered by the fact that first years are only allowed to take four classes.” he said, laughing.
“Good,” was all she said, and told him to return to his dorm. “You’ll be receiving an owl with your updated class list very soon.” She said, and went on her way back to her office. Orychle headed out of the castle, to find his way back to Aeridorn house.
He had not even taken three full steps inside the dormitory when a crowd of students rushed at him from the lounge, barraging him with question after question about the demon. He could not answer them, could not even hear what most were asking; try as he might.
“LEAVE HIM BE.” Marcus’ voice bellowed from the top of the staircase, and everyone silenced at once. He had used sonorous to echo his voice, and was placing his wand back into it’s pouch as he took the stairs down two at a time. “Come on,” he said, grabbing Orychle’s hand and leading him back up the stairs, away from the gawkers.
Once they were back in the room, Sharie and Roxy seated on Marcus’ bed, Jacob on his own; the questions began, though slowly and one at a time.
“Are you ok?” Roxy asked, a concerned look on her face. Orychle had just replied he was fine when Sharie chimed in:
“Were you in trouble? Who was that teachers, she seemed a bit frightening.”
“That was Professor Aedine, the ‘Divine Charms’ professor; and no, I’m not in trouble.” he laughed as Sharie’s stressed look became one of calm. “On the contrary, actually. She is enrolling me in her class.”
“What?!” Marcus said, jumping up from the desk chair he had just sat in. “But only fourth years and higher are allowed in that class!”
Orychle laughed. “I know, she told me that. But apparently that spell I used was an extremely strong Divine Charm. She seems to think I am able to take the class now, she’s even speaking with my other teachers to re-arrange my schedule to make room.”
“But still,” Marcus began, “That’s a rather dangerous class, honey.” The concern was almost oozing out of the poor boys face.
“Why is it so dangerous?” Jacob asked, a be muzzled look on his face. “Divine is like…godly, heavenly, right? How could that be dangerous?” he looked from Orychle to Marcus and back again.
“Well, holy spells have a habit of giving recoil to their casters,” he began, then after Jacob gave him another confused look he added: “Recoil is where the spell hits back at the user, like if you hit a tree, you can damage the bark, but you’ll feel the force and pain in your hand. That force and pain is recoil.”
“Ah.” Jacob said, waiting for more.
Marcus sighed, “Not only the recoil, but divine spells use up more magic than average, every-day spells. They’re also dark magic’s counterpart; and can suck the very life essence out of their user, if not perfected almost instantly; just like dark magic.” Everyone in the room grew silent and solemn, even Orychle. This concerned him a bit, but he felt more than adequate.
“I’m sure I’ll be fine, Marcus.” He smiled, “I’ve got one hell of a stubborn spirit at times. Besides, Professor Aedine said that the spell I used could kill an inexperienced wizard with it’s recoil. Even she was surprised I survived it, not to mention the fact that I was back on my feet in a matter of seconds.” He stood there, proud as everyone in the room eyed him with awe. It felt good, and also made him feel a bit sheepish.
“So. Divine Charms, eh?” Marcus said, sitting back down and leaning into his chair. He let out a low whistle. “That makes five classes for your first year, eh? Well, I know you’re going to be rather busy.” He laughed.
“Afraid he won’t have time for you?” Roxy joked. Orychle was glad she was lightening the mood.
“He better save some time for me.” Marcus said sarcastically, winking at his lover. “How else will I get down his pants?” He laughed loudly, and everyone gasped before joining in the laughter.
Orychle went over and plopped down onto Marcus’ lap. “You, my dear, will get down my pants where, when, and how I say.” he said, pinching the man’s cheek. “And that is that.” he leaned in and kissed him. The girls ‘wooooooo’ed, Jacob looked away, snickering to himself.
“Guess we know who wears the pants in this relationship, eh Sharie?” Roxy giggled.
Marcus leaned in close and kissed Orychle again, then whispered: “Yeah, but how long will they stay on?” he chuckled and kissed his boyfriend again.

That night, Orychle had another strange dream.
Once again, he was an owl soaring over the ocean. This time, however, no fox jumped from the waters. Instead, a small island appeared, and he flew to it. Landing on the top of it’s mountain, he stood there, proudly. He screeched a beautiful owl-song at the top of his lungs, and the entire island seemed to shake in response. Birds came out of the trees and flew up towards him, joining in the song; animals of all shapes and sizes bounded up the mountainside, each contributing their own harmony to the song.
This continued for a long while, and when the song stopped, Orychle was surrounded on the mountaintop by every creature that dwelled on the small island.
Then a pack of foxes walked out of the ocean onto the shore, he watched as they scoured their way up the mountainside; killing and eating any creature that got in their way. Finally they were at his feet. They all howled at once and lowered themselves into a bow. All but one. It’s gray eyes stared at him with unadulterated hatred, giving him chills.
I shall one day rule even you. It’s eyes said, in a chilling, yet familiar, voice. Even you. It echoed as it turned and walked back down the mountainside, it’s pack following close at hand. Orychle watched in horror as the surviving creatures changed into foxes and followed the main pack. He finally stood there, alone, save for a few creatures and all of his winged brethren. A felt a single tear streak down his beak and he woke up.


“Orychle?” a young man’s voice echoed from the other side of the door. “ORYCHLE” it said again, almost yelling.
“What?” he opened his eyes to the sound of someone knocking feverishly. Marcus and Jacob were nowhere to be found, but a note had been attached to the inside of his tapestry.

Had to run out, back soon.
XOXO, Marcus

“O-R-Y-C-H-L-E!” the voice bellowed, irritatingly.
“Just a moment, I’m coming!” He hollered back, and jumped down from his bed.
He opened the door to find himself face to face with Chris Terrins, the third year prefect. “Sorry if I woke you, Orychle. But a rather large package has arrived, addressed to you.” He took a step to the right to reveal a large, trunk-sized package sitting in the hallway.
“Wow. Um, ok” Orychle replied, and dragged it into his room. “Thank you.” he said, and closed the door back.
As he pulled the thing over to his desk, he tried to recognize the handwriting. It took him a few moments, but he finally made it out to be his Aunt Anna’s scratches. He sighed, her writing was atrocious and often gave him headaches. He hoped she had not included a long letter.
He sat down in his desk chair and tore the brown parchment wrapping off of it. It was indeed a trunk, though styled more like a treasure chest. He laughed to himself. He took his wand out and pointed it at the lock. “Open Sesame” it was a clichéd spell, but the only locking spell his aunt could seem to remember. The lock clicked open, and he lifted the lid.
Inside, sitting on top, was a thick envelope with his name inscribe on it in his mother’s handwriting. ‘Thank merlin.’ he thought to himself as he opened it.

Dear son,
We appreciate your quick response to our last communication. Although poor Podwog was almost dead with exhaustion when we received it. Nonetheless, we appreciate your expedited response. I understand that you do not have a picture of him yet, and that is fine, your description was more than adequate; he sounds like a fine, upstanding boy.
Unfortunately, not ten minutes after Podwog had arrived, so did another owl. This one from the Ministry of Magic in England. It seems your father and I have been asked to research something rather top secret, and we will be overseas for the next year. This means we shall miss you for both solstice, as well as your birthday.


Orychle sighed sadly. He had been looking forward to solstice with his family, it was always so enjoyable. He read on:

In light of this, we decided you should receive your presents before, rather than after. Since your father and I have to leave almost immediately, we have asked your Aunt Anna to purchasing the gifts for you and send them as well. If they arrive late, I apologize.
Please enjoy your gifts, we shall see you for summer break, hopefully.


Sincerely with love,
Mom and Dad.


Orychle put the letter on the table and sighed. It wasn’t near as long as he’d expected. It turns out, there was still another letter in the envelope. This one from his Uncle Earl.


Hey kid,
I assume you’d rather I write your letter instead of your Aunt Anna, therefore: I have. We are sorry to hear that your father and mother must leave so urgently, and were more than happy to fulfill their request. We have bought the items they listed for us, and have included a few ourselves. (We assume of course, since you will not be able to see your mother and father this solstice, that you may join your new boyfriend with his family; so we are not expecting to see you, either, if you do.) I hope you’re enjoying your time at Knockwood, and congratulations on both the new love, as well as making Aeridorn. Keep the family tradition alive and excel under the owl’s watch nephew!

Your Uncle Earl

P.s.: at the last minute I managed to slip in an extra special gift, I’m sure you’ll realize what it is once you’ve sorted this old trunk out. ~Earl


He added that letter to the desk with the former and gazed into the trunk. Inside, there were the common family gifts: a bit of new clothing (most likely from his aunt, who thought one could never have enough socks and underwear), a few books (sadly, half of them he already had; his parents never kept up with his book checklist); and of course photographs.
Along with these common items, were a few extra special gifts: A large box which contained an assortment of baked goods (a rarity, his aunt was a splendid cook, but very lazy at getting around to it); some extra-fine tipped quills and fresh parchment sheets; a very thick book entitled ‘Secrets of Knockwood castle’ (no doubt the gift from his uncle), and finally a wizard-board.
It was this he reached for first; they were still rather new, though many young witches and wizards had them. It was very similar to a skateboard, except that there were no wheels. It worked very much like your average broomstick. He smiled at it, definitely something new and enjoyable, for a change. His father would have been the one to choose this for him; the man always trying to find the most cutting edge gifts for his son. Orychle wondered what his parents had gotten Ian. They shared different fathers, but Orychle’s dad cared very much for Ian, and would most likely get him something equally impressive to the wizard-board, if not one as well.
He then took out the thick book and skimmed it: there were many pages and diagrams about secret passages and hidden rooms. He slipped this into his top right desk drawer, knowing it would find itself useful one day. The other items were equally removed and set up, the quills replacing the shoddy ones he had used for ages, parchment joining the dying stack already on his desk. He placed the books he didn’t already have on the already over-crowded bookshelf; and tossed the ones he did have back into the trunk. The cookies he decided to share with his friends and left them out while he finished setting this up. When he was done, he grabbed the box and left his room.
“I see you got a care package from home.” Edina said, cooing at him. “Your family cares a lot about you, don’t ever take that for granted, child.”
He smiled up at the phoenix-portrait. “Yes I know, Edina. And I would never dream of taking them for granted.” he added. “I wish I could share these with you, but you understand.” he said, nodded sympathetically.
“Yes, yes yes. If you really wanted to be nice to me, you would have someone shine my blasted frame, it’s been months since it’s seen a washrag.” Orychle stepped closer to it and realized the frame was not made of darkened wood, as he previously expected, but of silver.
“Wow.” he muttered. “I’ll personally do it myself, Edina.” he said, staring at the frame in disgust.
“I would so appreciate it, Orychle.” She returned. “And anything I can ever do for you, you just make sure and tell me, child.” She finished as Marcus came trotting down the hall towards him.
“I will, Edina. Goodbye!” He said, and went to meet Marcus. He truly did enjoy his moments with Edina. He had always respected albino phoenix’s, after all; it was the white fire-feather of an albino phoenix that gave his wand it’s magic. He momentarily wondered if the feather could have been Edina’s, but the thought escaped him as Marcus wrapped his arm around him and kissed his cheek.
“Good morning beautiful, have you baked for me?” He joked, lifting up the corner of the box in Orychle’s hand.
“No, I haven’t,” he said, pulling the box away and smiling. “My aunt baked these for me, they just arrived. I was about to take them down to the lounge and enjoy them with my friends.” he said, playfully. “I guess I could share them with you, as well.”
“You little scamp,” Marcus laughed, and kissed Orychle on the lips, nipping at his bottom lip a bit playfully. “Sharie and Roxanne are down there now, chittering on about something humorous Brandon did this morning.”
As Orychle rounded the corner into the lounge, he saw Sharie and Roxy sitting on the couch, talking with another Aeridorn girl he had yet to meet. He set himself in one of the overstuffed chairs angled towards the couch the girls were on, and set the cookies, now open, on the coffee table in front of them.
“They’re my aunt’s famous butterbeer and pumpkin juice cookies.” He said, pulling out for himself. Sharie cringed slightly.
“That doesn’t exactly sound delicious, Orychle.” She said, trying not to sound rude.
“Oh stuff it and try one,” Roxy said, taking one from the box and sticking it in Sharie’s mouth.
“Mmm. Oh my god! These are AMAZING!” she exclaimed, inhaling what was left of it. “Does your aunt make these a lot?” She said, reaching for another one.
“No, actually.” he said, wiping some crumbs off of his pants. “While she is a superb cook, she lacks motivation. We’re lucky if she bakes or cooks more then three times a year.” He finished, laughing.

A second year boy came into the lounge and stood near the group. “Hey guys, did you hear about the school bonfire?” He asked, taking a flyer out of his pocket. “It’s tomorrow night, apparently they hold on every Friday before the first day of school. There should be a pretty big turnout this year.” he finished, smiling. He pulled out another flyer as he approached another group of students.
“Wow, it seems like it might actually be fun.” Sharie said, reading the flyer. “Here,” she handed it to Orychle.
“Come to the Knockwood bonfire--meet your classmates and have one final blow out before classes start.” Orychle read, he set it on the table. “I’m up for it, Marcus?” he said, looking up at his boyfriend, who was seated on the armrest of his chair.
“Oh hell yeah, they allow alcohol, no matter what your age is. The professors that host it are so cool you can get away with anything.” He said, nudging Orychle. “I’m definitely there.”
“Then it’s settled.” Roxanne said, getting up. “I’ll see you guys there, I’m going to go see who else is going.” Her wink told everyone she was bee lining for Kinrick.
They all sat there, Roxy rejoining them later, getting to know each other and becoming better friends overall. Around two in the morning, Orychle and Marcus finally retired to their room.
“Good night boys,” Edina whispered when the lock clicking awakened them.
“Goodnight Edina,” Orychle said, smiling. “I’ll get your frame cleaned tomorrow morning. Promise.” He went in and crawled up into his bed. It took him no time to fall asleep.



That night, his strange dreams haunted him yet again. This time, he was actually himself, and not an owl.
He was in the middle of the ocean, standing on top of the water. All around him the waves crashed against each other. There was a soft, chiming song drifting to him on the wind. He looked every which way for the source of the sound, but could not find it. Finally, he felt a presence above, and looked up. There, floating down from the heavens, was a beautiful, immaculate angel. Her hair was long and flowing blonde, her face as perfect and pristine as a porcelain doll.
Her arms were outstretched and there was a look of fear on her face. Finally, he heard an echoing in his head.
“Below…” he turned his face down and lost his breath. Below him, rising from the deep, was a mass of black, with two red eyes staring at him.
He felt the angel lift him up, just as the mass was coming out of the water. Before he knew it, he was miles above the ocean’s surface. The creature, however, continued to raise up towards them. The angel slowed its ascent and finally let go.
There he fell, miles down, towards the now open mouth of the creature. The angel’s voice echoed in it’s head again.
“Divine Darkness” He heard this just as the creature slammed it’s teeth into him.

He awoke again in a cold sweat, for the second time. His whole body was shaking, the dreams were becoming more and more vivid. He stuck his head out of the tapestry; Marcus was asleep, Jacob snoring away. He decided not to worry him, and rolled back over, drifting off to sleep around dawn.