Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Me at Privet Drive ❯ Chapter 6 – The goon squad and the annoying little miss perfect ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 6 - The goon squad and the annoying little miss perfectLooking across the platform I wondered at the blindness of the people around me, just were I was in the past two minutes I'd seen twelve kids run through a wall.On my way towards the portal I took a look around me and inwardly smirked as all those who had been waiting with their carts suddenly had something important to do, guess I look to much like a muggle, especially since all my luggage is in my shrinking trunk in my pocket. I almost made it to the opening to platform nine and three fourths before some little girl yelled out to her mother “Mommy, that boy hasn't started running yet, won't he crash into the wall?” her witch mother tried to shush her and I decided to ignore her as I passed through the opening didn't really think it would make much difference whether or not I ran or walked.God, now I know why they run through; that was a really weird experience almost had the tugging sensation of a port key should have, a weird tugging and pulling around my navel*….wait is that it? Is this platform portal just some altered port key that can be used at the convenience of those who don't have the time or money to get a port key? Well damn, wonder what they have to do to maintain an enchantment that uses that amount of energy and is that strong that it can transport children and their carts one after another in quick succession? *Looking around the platform my observant eyes were drawn to the revolting behemoth that was the Hogwarts Express in all its red and ancient glory; why they didn't just arrange a faster and more efficient form of transport can only be another stupid quirk of wizard society, If they can make a port key than they should be able to arrange something to take everyone to Hogsmeade.I mean come on, they are surrounded by a society that while unable to use magic, is so advanced in technology that much of it almost seems like magic itself, and just how do these wizards decide to live? They live in medieval style houses with straw thatch roofs, if they have lots of money or maybe some sense of modern taste they might decide to at least upgrade to some wooden shingles, maybe wooden shingles. They don't even have decent paved roads; while cobbled streets are rather nice if you want a historical experience, but they really are a terrible tripping hazard if you aren't paying close attention to your feet, in the condition that daigon alley streets I wonder how many people trip and severely injure themselves from little accidents.Quickly looking back and forth at all the adults and children walking around the large platform I walked through the gaps in the crowds until I was right inside the entry to one of the passenger cars, figuring finding a seat sooner rather than later would be wise if I wanted to prevent myself from being stuck with idiots. I wandered down the middle of the car looking in at each compartment until I spotted a nice third or fourth year girl seated by herself, reading a large and old looking tome, so I did the only natural thing that I could think of make myself at home, I waltzed in and flopped myself down across the bench opposite this girl; I turned on my ipod as I looked across at my fellow Hogwartian passenger, looking for a name or some form of identification to identify this girl my eyes settled on her trunk above her ,the name on the trunk said `Cassandra Winterbourne'. Cassandra sure wasn't sore on the eyes or any other organ for that matter, long straight black hair, pale spotlessly smooth porcelain skin, high cheek bones which accent her slightly inhuman partially slitted golden eyes and looking at her aura…she sure isn't quite fully human, slight mixture is really showing up in the aura. Father or mother must be a vampire, cause she has a very similar aura type to that babe in knock-turn. And all this dampyric hotness was modestly and simply covered in a loose black dress that revealed only small amounts of flesh.My close scrutiny of her seemed to get on her nerves, or maybe it was because of my eyes glowing slightly when I scanned her aura, because she kept shooting me annoyed and slightly disturbed glance.
~Cassandra's POV~
 
Cassandra had been enjoying her book, a gift from her father for her birthday, and the relatively peaceful silence which was suddenly broken as the door was opened and some annoying and punkish little first year student waltzed into the compartment like he owned the place and promptly made himself at home on the other bench *little brat didn't even ask if the bench taken, god he must be muggleborn from that outfit, and why is he staring at me like that? Does he know something…no matter, he may dress tough, but he'll run off crying for his mom soon enough; especially if he causes enough trouble, just like that little red haired Weasley brat.*It wasn't the fact that the kid had just come in like he owned the compartment, but aside from looking at her with that piercing stare for a while, he hadn't said so much as a single word, which was rather freaky. Oh Cassandra knew this general cultural type; some had come along to Hogwarts recently. They were all tough and seemed to thrive on breaking the rules just for the thrill of it. On the outside they were tough but underneath they were really goody two shoes who figured this would be like any other muggle school. Cassandra had seen a number of them in her time at Hogwarts, they were quickly broken when they went through a few detentions; oh boy did they sure changed quick. Especially once Ms Gonigall gave them a few tongue lashings for their unruly behavior.
But they rarely ended up in her house, Slytherin, it just seemed to be something about their attitude that the hat picked up and thought they would fit into Gryffindor oh so perfectly.*What is...is that a knife? Oh dear lord, just great, we got a bloody psycho here.*
~End Cassandra's POV~
I had gotten bored just sitting and listening to music; so I pulled out one of the knives I had made and began to sharpen it, on a little sharpening stone I kept just for this purpose.With a jolt and a thump the Hogwarts Express started along on it's way.
*Oh, guess we're finally going, sure took them long enough to get around to it.* I thought as I felt the jolt of the train begin its journey out of the station and onto the private track to Hogwarts.I was just getting into a steady rhythm when someone barged into the compartment
“Just Fucken great, the bucktoothed wonder herself” I mumbled out in exasperation.
“Has anyone seen a toad around here? One of the student lost it and its som….is that a magic knife?” The obviously female student asked, seeing the runes I'd carved into the face of it for fun. “I've read all about magic knives, there supposed to be so dangerous; you never know when one of them might have been owned by a dark wiz…” she was suddenly cut off as I lost my interest in her babbling
“Shut up” I said in monotone
“Excuse me, that is very rude you shouldn't say that to people you don't know, I'm Hermione by the way.”
*god, I just want to kill her now*
“Look, bitch, fuck off; I'm not interested in listening to you, I have other things that warrant more of my attention.”
*Ha, looks like the kid has never had anyone swear at her, priceless.*
“You are being very rude you know, and what could you be doing that's so important, it doesn't look like your doing much of anything.” Hermione said, huffing and trying to make herself look like an authoritative figure.“Okay, shut the fuck up and piss off, or so help me god, I'll rip out your throat and paint this compartment with your blood” I shouted jumping to my feet, while letting my voice take on a slightly draconic rumbling hiss and pulling out my pipe; overall a fairly scary thing for any first year, muggle born or not.
A commotion out in the hallway and down a few compartments drew Cassandra and Hermione's attention, I was just thankful for a distraction.
Yes, Draco's up to his old tricks again, two big apes who I'd guess to be Crabbe and Goyle, were helping Draco play keep away with Neville.
“Guess someone found the toad” I said as I started towards Draco, tightening my grip on my pipe, I really can't stand animal cruelty like that;
poor Neville's toad had definitely seen better days.
 
Getting right behind Draco, as everyone around quickly shut up to see what would happen, I grabbed his shoulder “Well, well, well, we meet again Malfoy, what's this I see before me; you picking on higher life forms again?” I said as Draco froze up and the suddenly spinning around and jumping backwards, drawing his wand “Crabbe, Goyle, that's him” Malfoy squealed.
You could just about hear the gears in their heads rustily cranking along before speeding up a notch or two, both of them circled around to my back.“Well Malfoy looks like you got some toys, too bad I'm gonna have to break them; then I'm gonna break you” *That really got him scared, wonder if I can get him to wet his pants? Now that would be priceless.*At Draco's word both Crabbe and Goyle rushed forwards, I ducked under Goyles weak swing, giving Crabbe a pipe to the side of the face before giving Goyle a righteous steel capped boot to the gut, laughing as he doubled over and started gasping for air
With the goons taken care of I rounded on Malfoy and rushed towards him, pipe cocked and ready to take a swing at the side of his head.
Little Draco as I swung the pipe in a slow lazy arc towards his neck, when he tried to duck I kicked him across to the other side of the ring of space lined by cheering and chanting students.“Stay Back! I'm warning you!” Malfoy screamed, like a little girl, as I advanced on him pipe in hand; when *I'm through with him he'll flinch at the site of a toad*. “And just what are you going to do, you dweeb, hurt me? You going to use your wand on me huh, do you have the guts to use it?” I scoffed at Draco, his wand arm shakily pointed in my general direction.
 
“Come on you pussy, I dare you, we'll take turns, a shot for a shot…..well, come on you pussy, fuck'n hit me!” this really must have given him some crazy idea that he'd win, or maybe he figured I'd go down in one hit because I was standing there arms wide and waiting.
Draco suddenly got the most obnoxious smirk on his pale little face.
By now almost all the students were chanting and whistling for us to fight *maybe I should try and sell tickets for this kind of thing to get a little extra money* “Cruci…” Draco began to say as an Adult voice yelled out “WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?” looks like the snack lady finally came along and didn't like the large crowd of students crowding the halls and chanting. As someone began pushing through the crowd I quickly ducked into one of the compartments to watch what would happen. When the snack lady finally got through the crowd she saw, not me fighting Malfoy, but Malfoy one side wand out, a gasping Goyle and the unconscious body of Crabbe who was bleeding from the head.
Before Draco could say a thing the lunch lady dragged him away, with Crabbe and Goyle.” And there was a mad dash to the unattended snacks.
 
~ten minutes later, back in the compartment~
 
Cassandra just couldn't help herself, this boy was brash, uncouth, wild, and strong as a troll from what she saw in the fight; she couldn't help herself, some sort of animalistic attraction was drawing her towards him. She saw those tight corded muscles rippling under his skin like steel cables as he had moved, it was unnatural, but oh so pleasing to the eyes *what is he? He took out those two big boys without seeming to put any effort into it, is he even human, is he some sort of hybrid?.*Finally unable to keep it in any longer Cassandra voiced the first thing that came to mind “What are you doing?” she asked referring to what I was drawing on one of the wooden pieces of the compartment seats, it appeared to be a circle with little squiggles around it.
 
“So, the mystery passenger finally speaks. Well this is a circle, and these of some symbols of alchemy. What do you think I'm doing?” I said, sounding like she'd just asked me an obvious question.
 
“How is that alchemy, isn't alchemy like potions?” that's what she had always thought alchemy was about.
 
 
“Not really, alchemy is simply the transformation of matter from one thing to another threw the application of energy; it has more similarities with transfigurations than potions except you don't need or even have to use a wand. Heh, watch this, this is about the best I can do so far, but I'm just starting.” I said as I took out an unopened chocolate frog and placed the squirming frog in the circle, it suddenly took on a metallic sheen before jumping towards the window, making a cracking sound as it hit.
 
 
“What? Huh, how did you do that?” grabbing the frog I handed it to her to inspect the now very metallic frog.
 
“Wow, it's so heavy…” I cut her off as I noticed Draco sneaking by outside the compartment, before seeing me looking at him and making a run for it “just a second, got something I need to do.” I muttered as I grabbed the frog and raced outside compartment.
 
 
As I slammed open the door I saw Malfoy's fleeing form a few compartments down, I quickly aimed the frog and, chucking the metal frog at the back of Draco's head, watched as it hit him about six compartments down the hall and knocking him out. He hit the floor like a sack of potatoes, feeling better I wandered back in and to the questioning look on Cassandra's face “What was that all about?” she inquired,
looking down the hallway at Draco's unconscious form “Oh, I just saw something causing pain to the world,
so I thought I'd temporarily remove it so the world in general could have a break.” This got a bit of a smile out of her and what a pretty sight that was.
“Cassandra, my name is Cassandra.” She said extending her hand “Harry, nice to meet you Cassandra.” It's always good to return the curtesy of your name, when a pretty lady gives hers.At that moment a voice cleared its throat throughout the whole of the train and requested that all students begin to change into their uniforms, and that the Hogwarts Express would be arriving at Hogwarts in ten minutes.