Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Meet ❯ Midnight Meet ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Disclaimer: don't own characters
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Sky dark as onyx.....
atmosphere pregnant with anticipation....
a skinny boy with disheveled hair and green eyes stood nervously on the precipice.
 
He knew that if he crossed this line, there was no going back. No returning to his four poster bed for a night of fitful but familiar sleep. No looking up from dinner to see a storm full of loathing and something else.
 
It was all the owl's fault. If only she has lost that note. If only she had eaten it.
 
"Meet me across the stream at midnight."
 
A signature wasn't needed. He knew the handwriting, he knew the scent. He also knew the meeting would make concrete the not-so-subtle glances at each other in class, the not-so-accidental brushes past each other in the hallways, the not-so-hateful bickering they engaged in when others weren't around.
 
But he had to. They both did. He needed to fell the petal soft lips on his own. He needed to feel those graceful hands entwined in his own. He needed to feel the other's body crushed against his own, just as desperate, just as eager. He needed to feel these things more than just in his dreams.
 
Quickly, with a brashness and confidence that would have made his father proud, he crossed the bridge.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The figure with the silken hair stood at the edge of the flowing stream, waiting, praying. He could feel the other's on the other side of the bridge, but he did not dare make a move for fear of scaring the boy away. He's waited so long for this, too long. Every day of watching the seeker talk to his fans, every night of dreaming of those emerald eyes but waking up to an empty bed.
 
Suddenly, he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. He let out a sigh he didn't know he was holding in.
 
“James.”