Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 1
Hermione's secret
The door revealed a tall, pale girl with stunning dark blue eyes and long black hair. Harry and Ron gaped at her then came out of their trace when they saw the tall headmaster appear from behind the pale girl. He nodded at them then bent down and whispered in the girl's ear. It seemed to take forever `til the professor straightened up and coughed.
“Harry, Ron, Ginny…” the wizard called off their names and nodded at each of them. “This might shock you but… this girl is…” he trailed off for a moment hoping either Harry or Ron would finish his sentence for him.
“I-Is this H-Hermione?!” Harry stuttered, walking up to the new girl and began circling her.
“Yes, Harry. It is.” Ginny answered. Dumbledore smiled at the wide-eyed expressions of Harry and Ron.
“Wow…” Harry and Ron whispered, still wide-eyed. Hermione smiled sheeply.
“Hermione, I leave this all to you. If any of you need me, I'll be in my office.” Dumbledore announced then glided out of the room.
“I'm a pureblood…” she spoke for the first time since the boys last saw her.
“WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!” Ginny, Ron and Harry screamed, Hermione jumped back and covered her ears.
“Wait, you didn't even know Ginny?” Ron asked his sister who shook her head.
“How come you didn't tell us Mione?” Harry asked.
“Because I had to keep it a secret… even from you guys. I'm so sorry for not telling you, but if I had my REAL parents would've been killed…” Ron came up to her curiously and examined her new image.
“Who are your REAL parents?” Ron wondered out loud.
“Please don't hate me….” She whimpered, looking down. “My real name is Sage. My parents are Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. Draco Malfoy is my brother.”
“W-what??” Ron whispered, looking down slightly, shaking his head in disbelief his eyes even wider then they were moments before. “I-is this some kind of joke? Y-Your kidding me right? YOU'RE A BLOODY MALFOY?!!!!!!!!!!!” he roared and pushed Sage away. She fell with a thud, tears filling her eyes, and looked up at the boy she loved… who now hated her. “All this time… I've been snogging a MALFOY?!” he spat the name with pure hatred and disgust. He glared at Sage. “I can't believe this! Why didn't you tell me?” he whispered and looked at her again with sad eyes.
“I'm sorry!” Sage cried and buried her face within her hands.
“You're sorry?” came Ron's low voice. “I hope you're sorry. You just broke my heart here. Don't ever speak to me again! I mean it! I LOVED YOU! And you couldn't even tell me. I'm your boyfriend. I mean… I was your boyfriend.” Sage gasped and began crying even harder. Suddenly a pair of arms were wrapped around her.
“How could you be so cruel Ron? She did it for her parents. It doesn't matter who they are. She's still the Hermione we know. How can you possibly start hating her because of that? Wouldn't you do the same if Mum and Dad were in danger?” Ginny screamed at her brother and smacked him in the head. Ron looked away, his eyes full of fury.
“Yeah, Ron. I mean cut her some slack. Besides it's not like she's going to be cruel to any of us just because we now know who she really is. Right Her- I mean Sage?” Harry agreed who was holding on the sobbing, pale figure.
“T-Thank you Harry. Thank you Ginny.” Sage chocked threw her tears then looked up at her stubborn ex-boyfriend. “Please forgive me Ron. I was just doing it for my parents. I'm sorry that my family is so cruel to you but I would never treat you that way no matter what.” Sage pleaded.
“I SAID NOT TO TALK TO ME!!!! I'm NEVER going to forgive your stupid family! Don't think I've forgotten what they did to Ginny!” Ron screamed.
“Yea but without Hermione I wouldn't even be HERE!” Ginny defended loudly. Ron snorted then stormed out of the room. Leaving them in silence.
“I'm so sorry guys…” Sage apologized and bowed her head. Ginny and Harry laughed and hugged her.
“Shhh. Its ok Her- dang it! I did it again!” Harry whined then looked at Sage again. “Can I just keep calling you Hermione? I'm never to get used to calling you Sage.” Sage laughed and smiled.
“Of course Harry.”
“Don't worry about Ron, Mione. I'm sure he'll come around sooner or later.” Harry comforted.
Ginny snorted and said, “Honestly, I think he's overreacting. I bet he's PMSing. It's that time of month for him alright.” Ginny looked down and her watch then back at Sage. “Cheer up Mione, we'll talk to him. We're still there for you. And you DID kinda saved my life. Despite what Ron thinks….”
Sage smiled and hugged them back.
“Thank you.”
-------
okie dokie, thats chapter 1.. theres more comin up...
please review:)
-sango_punk93