Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sticking It Up You -- Muarder Era ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A group of very nervous looking first-year students stood in front of the old Hogwarts Sorting Hat, awaiting their chance to discover their doom. Among them were two girls appearing to already be friends - One was a thin, tall girl with dark red hair, bright green eyes, and glasses. The other was a short, slightly plump girl with bright, curly red hair in a ponytail, chocolate brown eyes, and freckles. The two were holding hands.

"Evans, Lillian," said a tall, thin man. The girl with dark red hair walked up to the stool confidently, and sat down. After a moment's contemplation, the hat burst out,

"GRYFFINDOR!"

A long, thin table with scarlet and gold colors up and down it erupted in applause, along with four other first year boys, one with very messy black hair and dark eyes who was grinning mischeviously at the girl, who blew him off as she walked past.

"Weasley, Charlotte," said the tall, thin man again. Whispers swept through some of the older students and teachers of "Another Weasley, eh?" as the girl with bright red hair walked up. She tripped, regained her balance by grabbing onto the tall, thin man's emerald robes, and sat herself down at the stool. The hat barely touched her head before hissing out,

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The girl smiled a great-just-like-Molly smile and walked to the scarlet and gold table again, where a taller girl with the same bright red hair, dark chocolate eyes, and freckles hailed the small girl to sit next to her. This girl was a third year.

"Great job, Charlotte, mum and dad'll be so pleased!" The third year girl said excitedly. The first year girl with dark red hair, Lily, crept over to sit next to Charlotte.

"Eh? Oh, weren't you sitting next to Charlotte on the train?" The third year girl asked. Lily nodded proudly. "Well, good thing you've already got a friend, eh, little sister! I'm Molly, by the way." Lily smiled and offered a polite hello, when everyone was shushed by the tall, thin man again.

The adventure had started...

[.]

"Lily! Hurry up, we're going to miss the game if you don't wake up this instant!" Charlotte Weasley, now fifteen years old, shook her now best friend's slumbering shoulders.

"Ug...All right, all right, I'm awake!" Lily groaned, rolling over. Pale sunlight peered through the window of the 5th girls' Gryffindor dormitory on the chilly autumn Saturday - It was also the first Quidditch game of the year, and Charlotte was that year's Keeper. She quickly got dressed in faded blue jeans and a turtleneck her older sister made her for christmas before gorging in on a bit of her "secret" chocolate stash. Charlotte tied her hair up in a ponytail, shrugged into her scarlet and gold robes, and grabbed her wand and broom before nudging Lily again.

"You go, I'll meet you down at breakfast," Lily moaned. Charlotte shrugged, and headed out the door.

"Morning, Charlotte," came a soft, male voice from the fireplace as Charlotte burst through the dormitory door. She turned, to see a skinny, pale boy with mousy brown hair and dark brown eyes sittin near the fire, looking like he was being eaten by the scarlet armchair.

"Oh, morning, Remus!" Charlotte replied cheerfully. "You look a bit sick today, aren't you coming to breakfast or the game?"

"No," the boy said quietly, shaking his head. "I don't feel good at all, so..." Charlotte shrugged, though she couldn't ignore the sinking feeling in her stomach. Remus was actually a very nice person, and Charlotte played with two of his best friends, so she wondered why he was not coming.

'Ah, well, best not to meddle,' she told herself, before setting off to the Great Hall. She sat down at the table with a two tall, slender boys, both with dark eyes and messy, long black hair, though one of them had glasses. They both were also wearing scarlet robes and sitting with brooms nearby, and were both halfway through what seemed five plates of food.

"Morning, James," Charlotte saluted the boy with glasses, getting some eggs and toast for herself. "Morning, Sirius," she said to the other boy. Sirius merely nodded, still eating away, whilst James looked up.

"Lily coming to the game?" He asked, trying his best not to sound...Eager.

"Yes, James, of course she is," Charlotte answered, rolling her eyes. James sighed with relief, causing Charlotte to add, "She wouldn't miss seeing you getting pummled for the world!" This caused several other fifth years at their table, Sirius amongst them, to burst out laughing. Everyone knew James fancied Lily almost as much as he fancied the Quidditch House Cup, and Charlotte, being her best friend, was pestered everyday with news of his beloved.

A short while later, after Lily and a short, thin boy with reddish-brown hair who seemed to hang on James and Sirius joined them, a large group of them stood up and headed out to the Quidditch Pitch. James, Sirius, and Charlotte were the only Quidditch players among the group, as, no doubt, the other chaser, seeker, and two beaters would already be at the Pitch, wondering why the bloody hell everyone else wasn't there yet.

Sure enough, there were two short, plump girls with blue eyes, blonde braids, and freckles holding large wooden bats, a thin, handsome boy with soft, brown hair, and a tall, stocky girl with bright red hair(she was an elder cousin of Charlotte and Molly's) standing there, waiting for James, Sirius, and Charlotte.

"Well, now that you three decided to show up, we can go into some quick strategies for today's game before heading out," the thin, handsome boy by the name of Jacob said, flipping his hair out of his eyes. Charlotte rolled her own brown optics. Jacob was often flirting with her older cousin, Chloe, and to no avail - She already had a boyfriend, who happened to be a muggle-born wizard who lived in the village near her house. Charlotte thought he was a prick, but Chloe and Molly adored him. Amy and May, the twin blondes, picked up their bats and listened closely to Jacob for the next ten minutes, before a whistle sounded from the Pitch and the team headed out to begin the game.

The game was easily won by Gryffindor in their match against Hufflepuff in a final score of 280 to 10, in a mere 20 minutes. Everyone was cheering, including the Hufflepuffs, because they were well-sported like that, and Charlotte and Lily burst into giggles at the House After-party in the common room when Jacob tried to grab Chloe's ass and ended up dancing for everyone else with a rather confused look on his face for the rest of the evening, until Charlotte and Lily bid everyone farewell and trugded off to the library to study for Monday's test in Charms.

Charlotte had set off to look for a particular book, when she pulled one off the shelf and found herself looking at Remus Lupin.

"Remus? Why aren't you up in the common room, I thought you were sick!" Charlotte said in a whisper, walking around to the other side of the bookshelf. The boy shrugged.

"It was too loud in there, with the afterparty, and all, so I decided to come study in here. It's much quieter, and I can actually get things done." Charlotte smiled.

"Yeah...I guess you're right," she said, before grabbing a book and walking back to Lily, who was already finished memorizing Charms things and was almost done with their Potions homework. Charlotte "studyed" for a bit more, until Lily finished and allowed Charlotte to copy just enough so she could get a passing grade and not get laughed at by Severus Snape, a prick who was brilliant at Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions, but a mess at anything else, including fitting in to society.

The two girls gathered their things, packed up, and headed off to dinner, where Lily had to endure another escapade where James asked her out, she said no, he asked why, and she just ignored him by excusing herself to bed, in which case James stood up and chased after her, leaving Sirius, Remus, and Charlotte all in an uncomfortable position until Molly and Chloe came to talk with Charlotte.

Charlotte, after dinner, walked up to her dormitory, groaning, to find a disgrunted James pouting by the fire and an annoyed Lily reading in bed.

"Lily, can't you just go out with him?" Charlotte dared.

"NO!" Lily shouted, tossed her book at Charlotte, slammed her curtains shut, and ignored everyone else much the rest of the night.

It was just another day at Hogwarts.
[.]