Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Betrayer of Slytherin: Year 1 ❯ Chapter 1: The Beginning. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: The beginning (obviously)
 
Jesse opened his eyes, just by a little when a gray colored hawk's head filled his view. "HOLY..." he shouted and scuffled back. But there was no need. The creature was just bending to eat a dead vole on the ground. It was a curious little thing, but Jesse was a little curious looking as well. I mean, how many times do you come across a 6-year-old boy with white hair and ruby red eyes? Not only that, but this little boy could actually talk to snakes. But the creature before him was a hippogriff, though why would an English orphan who had nowhere to go and should be at the bottom of a lake know about them? "Why hello there," he said, cautiously stretching his hand to pet the great beast. The young hippogriff looked at his hand for a minute and stretched its head forward. "You don't perhaps talk, do you?" he asked. In retaliation the half-bird, half-horse screeched at him, a high, ear-piercing shriek. "O.k. I guess not," said Jesse, getting up to look around. He saw a pair of train tracks in front of him, leading to a quaint village, just over the hill. "Can you carry me over there?" he asked the lazy beast beside him. The gray hippogriff snuffed at him. "Ok, Ok, I didn't mean anything offensive." He looked back to the ground and saw a train coming. "What's that for?" he wondered aloud.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
James Potter was tired, but excited. He was going to Hogwarts, the one place he had always wanted to go to. And he already had made a friend: Sirius Black, another student who was a pureblood didn't care about keeping that title. "So James," Sirius was saying. "What do you think Hogwarts will be like?"
 
"I don't know," replied James taking out his black robe and putting his hand through the first sleeve. "Its just that my whole family's been there, you know what I mean?"
 
"Perfectly," replied Sirius, tying a belt around his waist. "They make it a family joke not to tell us first years about it."
 
"Is it a pureblood tradition?"
 
"I don't know." Suddenly the carriage door was thrown open and a young blond boy stepped in.
 
"Hello," he said in a polite manner. "Can I change here? No one else will let me change with them."
 
"Just put it on top of your clothes, like us," said Sirius, making room for the boy. The boy told his name, Remus and a small exchange of names followed. Then the train bellowed its destined blow, and the Hogsmeade station neared them. And the boys didn't even hear the screech of the hippogriff, miles closer to their destination.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Poor, deprived Jesse had no clue what he had stumbled upon. What he saw was a huge, glowing castle, with high ramparts and over a dozen towers. “What is that place?” he asked himself, squinting with his eyes to block the wind from entering them. The wind rippled past his white hair, giving him the chills… Then he began to remember what and how he got here in the first place… Tom Marvolo Riddle. Tom was orphan bully who had “mystical” powers. Jesse never believed half the codswallop the other kids said. He opposed Tom. And that made Tom angry… very, very angry. Jesse and Tom began bickering, especially after the whole bunny rabbit episode. So Tom took Jesse with him, on the annual village trip, to some cave. There he witnessed it.
 
“I am gifted,” ran Tom's malevolent voice through Jesse's young mind. “I am gifted with the ability to rid myself of my enemies.” Tom's cold blazing flashed once more in poor Jesse's head. Jesse shivered again. Why was it so cold out?
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Sirius Black looked out the window. His pride, his honor, all of it lay out in the dark halls of that castle. Hogwarts. Magic itself, flourishing in the dark expanses of never ending mystery. Black sighed. His brothers went here, so did his mom and dad, his grandma and grandpa, every one of his ancestors. The train was starting to slow down. “Woah!” said James, his eyes alight with wonder as he stared out the window. Sirius casually turned his head, and suddenly jolted in his seat.
 
“Wow,” Sirius getting up to get a better view, “That ought to be the 8th wonder of the world.” The shine of his eyes was caused by the foreboding castle that loomed above him. Hogwarts. No wonder his brothers were willing to sing love ballads for 2 years for it.
 
“I never would've believed it if I hadn't saw it,” said Remus, his mouth hanging loosely open.
 
“So you have to see to believe, huh?” said a cold and slippery voice, one worthy of a lawyers. The carriage door open and in the doorway stood a young, handsome boy, with deep, burrowing, malicious blue eyes. “Excuse me for intruding, but I am looking for a snake. I don't suppose you have found one?”
 
“Nope,” piped James.
 
“Sorry,” said Sirius turning back to the window.
 
“Nada,” said Remus.
 
“Very well. It has been a pleasure, um, what are your names again?”
 
“James.”
 
“Remus.”
 
“Sirius.”
 
“Sirius? As in, Sirius Black?”
 
“Aye, the very same. Have you met one of my many cousins?
 
“Why yes, that's why I've heard of you. Very well, I will be going now.” As he turned to leave, he turned back and said: “I' m sorry. I am Tom Marvolo Riddle.”
 
 
Jesse yawned. What a nice place this is, he thought as the creature landed. It snuffed a bit, and let Jesse slide down its right wing. It then bellowed, and pranced playfully around. Jesse turned to the oak door in front of him. His hand rested on the handle. A bronze handle. Jesse looked around. The castle had many lights on and it did seem inviting, but what if he was intruding? He could get in serious trouble. Jesse frowned. He was determined to find out who, or what, owned this castle. The minute he pulled that bronze handle down, his whole life, and maybe a dozen other lives, changed forever.