Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Time and Time Again ❯ To Go Back ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time and Time Again
 
Ch.1: To Go Back
 
The years had seemed to just flow by and yet the world had seemed to hit some kind of cosmic rest button. After Voldemort had been defeated the battle had left the world in a serious state of disrepair and chaos. Over two-thirds of the world's inhabitants had been annihilated.
 
The world seemed like a corpse-covered battlefield. Few places had been left untouched. Most of what was left of the wizarding world were either mourning their loved ones or walking in a daze at what they'd lost.
 
There was no reason to celebrate even with the war gone and done with. The casualties had just been too high. After they had come out of their shock the muggles seemed to have digressed back to the middle ages. Sure they still had their technology and electricity but they had come to a unanimous decision that the wizarding world was to be shunned. Anyone to have the wizard's powers would almost immediately be an outcast even in their own family.
 
~*~
 
One wizard stood alone at the edge of a lake that had once been vast and beautiful but now the waters seemed to only reflect the brokenness of the once grand castle that stood before it. This castle was once the school called Hogwarts and had once been a symbol of safety and knowledge. Now it stood as a mere shell of its former self.
 
The towers were now more than rubble and the window were shadowed. The whole placed seemed like such a desolate place. The spells and wards that had once protected and kept the muggles and evils away had fallen. But after the battle had been fought there he doubted that any muggle would come near it for the strong magic that once was still lingered there.
 
The figure by the lake looked back to the castle. The day had finally come. All the wrongs would soon be righted. The young man looked back at the destruction and strengthened his resolve. He walked into what was the Great Hall and finished gathering the last of the items he would need.
 
The things lay before him. They were a ring and a sword. This tired looking man we all knew very well for he was once the renowned and great Harry Potter the one who brought about the demise of the dark lord. Harry slipped the ring off his finger and placed to onto his palm as he grabbed the hilt of the bejeweled sword.
 
He shrunk it and activated the Potter Family signet ring and let the sword drop into the just big enough whole the ring had grown to and watched emotionlessly as the ring returned to normal and seemed to sink into his skin and becoming somewhat resembling and oddly shaped birthmark.
 
Harry walked to a carefully crafted circle and raised his hand to light the surrounding candles. He was about to close his eyes and start the long and difficult ritual set ahead of him when he heard it, the song of the phoenix. Fawkes soared in and alighted onto the arm Harry held out. The phoenix looked worse for wear for its burning day was near. The bird held in its mouth and enchanted bag.
 
Harry carefully took it from the bird and peered inside. He gasped at what he saw the charms on the bag were made up of protection, cushioning, warming, and time dispending wards. Inside the bag there laid two slightly larger than usual eggs. Harry knew what one of them was and he was most honored that the phoenix council had trusted him with one of their so few unborn chicks. Harry looked up at the phoenix and sent the thoughts of gratitude to Fawkes as he carefully deposited the bag in his ring with his other possessions.
 
The phoenix did not seem to be done with its gifts yet as it spread its wing and burst into flame. The ashes floated and scattered onto the bewildered young man. He felt the ashes flow to his magic and imbed themselves into his very being. There was no baby phoenix with the name Fawkes anymore.
 
The man let the shock set into what had happened as he mechanically set about doing the task that he had spent years preparing for. His focus came back as the left over magic's from the Forbidden Forest, Lake, and Hogwarts itself came forward to be recognized as they helped him power the ritual he was about to perform.
 
He started speaking in an ancient language he had taken great pains to learn. It was the language of the first. In this language you could not lie and every word had more than one meaning with its own magical quality.
 
The powers' swirled and bended together in the most perfect of harmonies as the circle Harry had crafted into the very stone of what once was Hogwarts lit up with power. Harry's voice raised in volume as he spoke the ancient before he switched to other languages of the magic tongue before returning to ancient language.
 
The power seemed to have reached its peak, as with a big bang there was no more. What was left of the stones of Hogwarts had crumbled and was returned to the Earth as if a castle had never been standing there.
 
End Chapter 1