Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ unbreakableBOND ❯ Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore Art Thou? ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: I don't own Harry Potter.
OI!!!: I just want to say thank you to all of you who left me such inspiring reviews, you have no idea how much it means to me.
unbreakableBOND
Chapter Seventeen: Romeo, Romeo, Wherefore Art Thou?
“Ah, Draco, I see you're awake.” Roy looked placidly over Draco still figure, then added, “Barely.” The tone was disapproving and Draco narrowed his eyes in disgust. It really irritated him how Roy could act as if it were Draco's own fault for being so run down.
“Sorry, I'll try to look a bit more chipper as I cling to the last threads of my life.” Draco glared, but the effect was lessened as he began to cough violently for a lot longer than was normally acceptable.
Roy's gaze softened and he asked quietly, “Are you all right?”
“Just. Bloody. FANTASTIC,” Draco managed through hacks. “Thanks for the concern.”
“In any case, you need to dress, or rather; Fai or Dai will dress you.” Any trace of compassion was gone from Roy and the cool and sarcastic man was back in his place. Another thing that really irritated Draco about Roy was that they were so alike.
“Why?” The blond asked, sitting up a bit higher in his bed.
“Because we are going on a trip, in fact, we are going to meet a very old friend of yours.” Roy smiled maliciously then, and glanced at Draco's exposed forearm. “I'm sure he'll be excited to see you.”
“What are you talking about?” Draco fought the urge to cover his arms and was able to look disinterestedly back at the vampire.
“In fact, you may even see your father. Wouldn't that be nice?” Roy grinned so wide a sliver of his top fangs were visible.
“Roy,” Draco began, as the tall man began to walk out the door. He stopped and turned his head slightly to show Draco that he was listening. Draco paused, unsure whether he should continue, because what if Roy actually talked? Sensing that time was running short he asked anyway. “Roy, please, what are you planning to do with me?”
“It's not what I'm planning to do with you, and it's not what Lord Keita is planning to do with you, it's what he's planning to do with you. And what that is, I have no idea.” Roy shot Draco a look from over his shoulder and smirked weakly, still trying to be intimidating.
Draco said nothing as the vampire left the room and Dai walked in to help him dress. Inside, Draco was a mess. His was in full hyperventilate mode and was desperately trying to calm his racing thoughts before Dai commented on them. He wiped his sweaty palm absent mindedly on the coverlet as he replayed the look Roy gave him before he left. That look only meant one thing, and that was the last thing Draco needed right now.
“There's been a change in plans,” Draco informed Dai.
“I heard,” Dai answered moving quickly to pull out clothes for Draco. “We'll have to leave now, rather than wait to see if you regain some strength, I'll just have to carry you and run, it's the only way.”
“Dai,” Draco began attempting to pull himself out of bed.
“I don't want to hear it Draco-san, we're doing this together. Stay there until I help you out, okay?” Dai continued shoving some things in a bag, mostly for himself, as after this there was no way he'd be able to come back here. “Listen, everything is going to be all right. We can get through this, together.”
“I used to tell Harry that,” Draco whispered. “And look what happened to us.”
Dai turned to Draco and took him by the shoulders. “And you will get through it together, just like we'll get through this. Now come on, we need to get you dressed.”
+++
“You know, you'll never win,” Sir Yamiko said as they walked down the stairs. “You both will just be killed.”
“What makes you say that?” Hermione asked.
“Because you're just kids, you haven't had time to gain the experience to defeat us,” Sir Yamiko answered.
“'Us' as in?” Harry interjected.
“A clan of vampires.”
“Well, we seem to hold up pretty well when facing other more serious enemies,” Hermione huffed.
“What? Wounding a half dead dark lord doesn't count.” Sir Yamiko rolled his eyes. Not that anyone could see in the darkened hallway.
“Listen,” Harry hissed. “I've had my fair share of enemies more powerful than you are and defeated the Dark Lord when I was one and have since been fighting him every year since I was eleven. I think I can handle your ruddy little vampire clan.”
Sir Yamiko scoffed. “And what makes you think you're so special?”
“Because I'm Harry Potter, bitch.”
“Indeed, you are,” came a voice from the darkness and Hermione, Harry and Sir Yamiko all turned, startled. “So where the hell do you get off going to save Draco without me!?”
“Pansy,” Hermione breathed, relieved and a little angry. “What are you doing down here?”
“The same thing I'm doing down here!”
“Ron?” Harry asked, a little taken aback.
“How'd you...?” Hermione trailed off, then looked at Pansy. “You got him, you followed us and then went to get him.” The Slytherin only smirked in response.
“Why'd you guys leave me out?” Ron asked, voice brimming with anger.
“Yeah, why'd you guys leave him out?” Sir Yamiko chimed in.
“Shut up,” Harry muttered to the vampire. “Ron, it was just, this is dangerous and Hermione was there and wouldn't let me go without her and I didn't want to get you involved, you know I didn't want Hermione to come or even know about it, but I couldn't just very will leave her with knowing what I was-”
“Oh, can it, Malfoy, you're rambling.” Pansy grinned at Harry's obvious discomfort.
“Harry, mate, I know what you're trying to say, but you know I'd give my life for you.” Roy clapped a hand on his back. “Now, let's get going, eh?” Harry sighed in defeat; he was going to put them all in danger after all.
“Uhm...I object,” Sir Yamiko said.
“Uhm, I don't care,” Harry answered. “We're all going so deal with it. Now let's get moving and keep it quiet.”
The five moved in silence, Sir Yamiko only because the sword was getting dangerously close to his neck. “Erm, where are we going?” Ron whispered after a few seconds.
“Great Hall, the fire place is big enough to Floo us all out at once,” Hermione whispered back.
“That's dangerous,” Pansy said. “I like it.”
Hermione only rolled her eyes knowingly and slowed as they approached the doors to the Great Hall. Harry opened them and scanned the room.
“Come on.” He motioned. They were half way through the hall when Harry stopped suddenly.
“Harry, are you alright?” Ron asked suddenly.
“I'm fine,” Harry answered. “But we need to move, slowly, and quietly.”
“Harry, what is it?” Hermione peered over his shoulder and gasped.
Mrs. Norris whipped her head around and glared at the intruders, then let out a guttural meow.
“Oh, shit,” Ron breathed.
“Mrs. Norris!” Filch's voice could be heard coming towards the Hall.
“Run!” Harry called , pulling Sir Yamiko with him as they all made a break for the fireplace.
“See, I told you, Professor Dumbledore, I told you someone was stealing the candlesticks!” Filch cried.
“Yes, Mr. Filch, you did,” Dumbledore returned.
“Come on!” Harry hissed at Sir Yamiko, who wasn't budging.
“No,” Sir Yamiko replied. “I think I'll stay right here and we'll see what Headmaster Dumbledore has to say about his favourite student abducting one of his professors.”
“Hermione, give me that sword,” Harry called over his shoulder, holding out his hand. The hilt was warm and slightly damp, Harry assumed because Hermione was so nervous. “This isn't the first time I've used one of these,” Harry told the vampire, his eyes shining eerily in the darkened hall. “I have no qualms on using this on you, and I know it won't kill you directly unless I hit you in a certain place, so I suggest you get your ass in that fire place before I cut it off.”
“You think you can scare me, little boy?” Sir Yamiko snarled. “Think again.”
“Harry!” Hermione called in warning, but it was too late.
Sir Yamiko pulled violently away from Harry, but didn't move quickly enough to be out of the Gryffindor's range. Harry turned suddenly, his back face Sir Yamiko, the sword slicing through the air towards the vampire. Sir Yamiko watched in horror as the blade hit him in the side, Harry pulled on the hilt, bringing the entire blade through Sir Yamiko's side before it released from his open flesh with a sickening squelch.
Sir Yamiko gasped and doubled over, letting Harry, who had a surprising about of strength for someone who was pregnant, dragged him towards the fire place as Dumbledore and Filch became perilously close.
“You're low on blood, you haven't fed in a while, so you're reflexes are about as fast as an anyone's,” Harry said, while Sir Yamiko coughed violently, trying desperately to heal his side before it was too late. “Do I think I can scare you?” Harry asked him and Sir Yamiko looked up at Harry and nearly tripped. His eyes, green like a snakes, glowing and hungry like the light of the killing curse, destroying anything in its path. Sir Yamiko said nothing, he couldn't, his voice had seemed to stop working.
I know I can.”
“Come on, Malfoy, hurry it up!” Pansy hissed. “They're almost here!”
Sir Yamiko stumbled in first and Harry after him. Hermione shoved a handful of Floo powder into Sir Yamiko's.
Suddenly, the door to the Great Hall opened. “Now!” Harry barked in a whisper.
Sir Yamiko righted himself and tried to say the words, but started coughing instead.
“There!” Filch yelled running. “I told you.”
Dumbledore followed the greasy squib his wand drawn, and a spell on his lips as the rushed towards the fireplace.
“Now! Say it now!” Harry screamed, rattling the weakened vampire.
Sir Yamiko began when Dumbledore reached them, recognition dawning in those twinkling blue eyes. “Harry?”
“Sorry, Professor,” Harry said and then they were gone.
Filch and Dumbledore stared at the now empty fire place where four students and a professor were standing moments ago. Dumbledore was his usual calm, trying to piece together what had just happened when Filch interrupted his thoughts.
“I knew that boy was trouble!” Mrs. Norris meowed to that.
+++
“Are you alright?” Dai called over the rushing wind ringing in his ears. “Am I going to fast?”
“No, no, you're fine, except for the fact that I keep seeing my life flash before my eyes!” Draco screamed as best he could.
Dai only laughed, as he continued to run at almost full speed. “How is it? Your life, I mean.”
“Terrible,” Draco grouched. “How long till we're there?”
“Eh... about seven hours. Maybe eight.”
“Eight hours!?” Draco cried. “Can't you run any faster!?”
“I'm already doing 160 kmh, what more do you want!? You know, this is normally a 25 hour drive!”
“160 kmh?” the blond repeated wearily. “I think I'm going to be sick...”
“Ah! Wait!”
+++
Harry felt a jolt of pain travel up his spine when he landed and fought the compulsion to groan. He discreetly rubbed his back and stepped cautiously out of the fire place. Sir Yamiko stumbled out after him, still not fully healed from the cut Harry gave him.
“Where are we?” Harry asked, looking around suspiciously. This wasn't what he had in mind for a vampire hideout. The walls were a bright white and the ceilings were relatively high. The floor was a dark Maple polished so thoroughly you could see yourself in it and there were several Oriental rugs laying about. The entire house seemed to be made of wood and there were carvings in the woods floor boards so precise Harry knew they must have been done with magic. And this was just what seemed to be a drawing room.
“Does it matter?” Sir Yamiko asked.
“Hell, yeah it does,” Ron barked. Sir Yamiko shot him a look that clearly said he didn't give a fuck what Ronald Weasely thought and turned away. “Hey! Don't ignore me!”
“I won't respond to your less than pleasant tone, if you wish for me to answer, I suggest you try being a bit more amicable.” Sir Yamiko turned his head up slightly to look down at Ron, a move that painfully reminded Harry of Draco.
Pansy snorted and rolled her eyes. “Do you really think we are going to be all mate-y with you when you're hold our friend and his-” a hand wave at the be-speckled Gryffindor, “Bonded? I should think you're a bit smarter than that, blood sucker.”
“I will also not respond to being called such uncreative and derogatory names!” Sir Yamiko huffed, crossing his arms in defiance. “Now, if you'd like to attempt to save your friend and his-” a thumb jerk at Harry, “Bonded I suggest you shut up and follow me.” With that Sir Yamiko turned on his heel and strode towards the dark wood door.
“Wait,” Hermione stopped him. She turned to Ron and Pansy and cast a strong disillusionment charm on them, then pulled out the Invisibility cloak and threw it over Harry and herself. “Alright, Sir Yamiko, no funny business.”
“Why ever would I want to engage in that?” The vampire grumbled to himself and opened the door. Sir Yamiko lead the four down a long hallway, on the walls were the former presidents of the United States. A few of the portraits moved, surprising even Hermione who had no idea any of the American presidents had been wizards. When they reached the end of the hall there was no door, only a giant painting of Barack Obama and a small dog.
“Where's the door?” Hermione demanded.
“Right here, it's the portrait,” Sir Yamiko motioned to picture.
“Right,” Harry said.
“Why do you have a gigantic portrait of Barack Obama?” Ron finally asked, voicing the question they all wanted answered.
“Because he's the door to the future!” A new voice came and everyone turned to see a tall man with luminescent messy red hair and eyes, smiling like he'd just stolen your candy and you didn't know. “Why don't you reveal yourselves? I can already see the two of you under the disillusionment charm.”
“Should we?” Harry whispered to Hermione and suddenly there was a whooshing of air.
“You should,” the red head whispered, then threw the cloak off the two. “Ah, Harry Potter, we finally meet!” He smiled so wide his eyes shut. “And you are?” He turned to Hermione.
“Hermione Granger,” Sir Yamiko answered. “The two under the charm are Pansy Parkinson and Ronald Weasely.” At this point Pansy disillusioned herself and Ron and stood there looking defiant.
“So pleased to meet you all! I am Lord Keita, and I run things around here.” Lord Keita bowed a little.
“Where is Draco?” Harry pointed the sword at Lord Keita's throat, pressing a bit into the flesh, but not hard enough to draw blood.
Lord Keita laughed and looked at Sir Yamiko, only to see Hermione pointing a smaller blade at him. “Well, well, I see you've come prepared” Lord Keita cast Harry a frosty look. “Tell me, do you wish to keep your child?”
“You won't get the chance,” Harry spat.
“I'll take that as a yes. In that case, I suggest you leave here now. I have my bargaining chip already, you won't be necessary. After I've made my move however; that is out of my hands. If you remain, I will fight you and I will take you straight to him and I don't mean your little blond bombshell.” Lord Keita's blood coloured eyes penetrated Harry's with such intensity Harry almost couldn't breathe.
“What do you want with him?” Harry demanded.
“It wasn't so much what I wanted with him, it was what I needed from you. I needed you to get to him. Unfortunately, I have some less than competent subordinates.” Lord Keita shot a look at Sir Yamiko who turned away sheepishly. “You see, he doesn't like us, and I am the head of the Vampire Council so it is my responsibility to protect all vampires. It's nothing personal against you, Potter-sama but you are what he wants, and if I have you, or in this case a way to get to you then I call the shots. If he finds out how to kill us, then I can say that for us, all will be lost.”
“He'll kill you anyway, it doesn't matter what you do to please him, he'll kill you anyway!”
“That's a chance I'm willing to take, Potter-sama.” Lord Keita didn't blink as he looked at Harry. “What is your answer?”
“I won't leave without what I came for,” Harry answered fiercely, pressing the blade deeper into the skin, causing a slight abrasion. Blood pooled at the top of the pale skin but never oozed out. “I've beaten him once before, and I can do it again.”
“Even with your current state of health?” Lord Keita smiled. “Very, well, we shall fight; that is, if you can catch me.” Suddenly Lord Keita jumped back and flew into the air, hovering over them all, he spun quickly in the air, causing his long coat to fan around him like the wings of a large bat. He spun upwards and disappeared through the ceiling, a laugh echoing behind him.
“Well, you three are on your own from now on, have fun,” Sir Yamiko told them with a smirk before leaving in much of the same nature as Lord Keita.
“How do we get out of here?” Ron asked, looking at the Obama portrait. “I mean, he's not moving.”
“It won't be necessary to go through him,” a nearby portrait of Richard Nixon said.
“Why?” Hermione asked.
But her answer came in the form of the hardwood floors shaking, and the room spinning violently. The portraits of presidents passed disappeared, and the bright white walls morphed into grey stone. The floor became cement and a chill took over the four, the dim candle lighting only adding to the ominous feel of the new hallway.
The walls and floor settled, but the four still seemed to wobble in place.
“Harry, are you alright?” Hermione put her hands on her friend's face in concern.
Harry's face had drained of colour and his mouth was twisted into a squiggly with his brows furrowed. He looked as if he was confused and had just liked the underside of Hagrid's boots.
“I'd step back if I were you, Granger, Malfoy there is going to be sick,” Pansy said matter of fact.
And then Harry was. He tried his best to turn away from Hermione, but before he knew it he was half kneeling, half lying on the ground vomiting up thing he was damned sure he never put in his mouth to begin with. Hermione screamed, trying to get out of the way of the upchuck as quickly as possible, but she still came out with a bit of stray sick on her shirt. At that Pansy couldn't help but laugh, all the while Harry continued vomiting, his energy seemed to drain from him with each convulsion of his stomach. His ears were ringing and he was so hot, his arms were weak and he knew there was no way he could stand right now.
“...I want to hold you, just wait for me a little longer, Harry...”
Harry choked and gasped out “Draco?” No one heard him over Pansy's laughter, his vomiting and Hermione's cries of despair over her shirt. He had heard it though, Draco's voice, Draco was talking to him. Since arriving here Harry had instantly felt a little stronger, probably because he was no longer separated by an ocean. But something was off, he just couldn't put his finger on it.
Draco, I don't know if you can hear me, but I'll wait for you. I'll wait for you no matter what.
Suddenly there was screaming and Harry realised it was the other three.
“Harry! Get up! Get up!” Ron yelled, trying to pull the weakened boy to his feet.
“What is it?”
“Look!” Pansy pointed down the hallway. The wall, the wall was moving, the wall was moving very quickly and the wall had very, very large spikes on it. Harry allowed himself to be pulled up and basically dragged down the hallway. He tried to run, but every time he did he ended up tripping and slowing Ron down.
Their frantic footsteps resounded in the narrow hallway, the groaning to the stone wall chasing them enunciating every step, sending currents of panic in them.
“In here!” Hermione called, she had found a door. The door swung open without any resistance and they were all abruptly falling. The door closed behind them and the stone passed, but none of them heard it over the sound of their screams.
Harry felt something soft underneath his fingers and looked around to find himself, Hermione, Ron, and Pansy on a bed of...marshmallows.
“Well, at least it isn't Devil's Snare,” Harry mumbled.
“What the bloody hell was that?” Ron groaned sitting up.
“I don't think that's the worst of our problems,” Pansy said slowly.
“What do you...Oh, my, God.”
There was a small pond a few meters away from the bed of marshmallows and over the surface of the water eight pairs of shining eyes stared directly at the four.
“Oh, shit,” Hermione whispered.
+++
“...Hey, Draco?”
“Wha-?” Draco started awake and tried to look around, but found that he was moving too quickly to see anything.
“Are you alright? You were moaning in your sleep...and drooling on my shoulder,” Dai called over said drooled upon shoulder.
“Sorry,” Draco mumbled, know Die heard him, even over the rushing of the wind around him. “I'm fine, just a little sore is all.”
In truth Draco had been dreaming about Harry, about Harry trying to outrun a giant spiked wall, only he couldn't because he was throwing up and for some reason his limbs didn't seem to work. He was with others, but Draco couldn't see their faces. Dai had woken him just before the wall hit Harry, and he wasn't sure if Harry got out of the way in time.
Draco felt Dai's back tense beneath him and noticed the sudden increase in Dai's pace directly after.
“What is it?” Draco asked.
“Nothing,” Dai answered, but Draco knew he was lying.
“No, tell me, I know something's wrong.”
“They just found out that we were missing sooner than I thought. Fai just told me that they're after us,” Dai said in his best nonchalant tone.
“So? We've got to be well ahead of them by now.”
“The thing is, I'm not the fastest runner,” Dai admitted sheepishly. “In fact, I'm probably the slowest next to Fai.”
“So, what you're saying is...” Draco trailed off praying what Dai said next wasn't the same as what Draco was thinking.
“That they sent Roy and Hisami, sorry, Sir Yamiko.”
“How fast are they?” Draco asked, not sure he wanted to know the answer.
“This run? They can do it in five.” Dai let the information sink in, knowing what Draco was thinking without him saying anything. If there was one thing Dai was grateful for was the fact that Draco seemed to have forgotten Dai could read his mind, which is why Dai knew exactly what Draco was dreaming about earlier and exactly why he didn't inform him how real his dream was.
“I see.” Draco felt his hope deflate.
+++
“What do we do?” Ron whispered, “We can't get out of here unless we go through that pond.”
“I know, but I don't think we can, Harry's not doing so well,” Hermione whispered back, eyeing the ever pale Saviour.
“Then someone will just have to levitate him,” Pansy answered. “Weasely should, and you and I can find them off.” Pansy passed her finger between herself and Hermione.
`Why do I have to levitate him?” Ron asked petulantly.
“Are you kidding?” Pansy asked with a smirk. “I've seen the way you fight. No, it's best if you just carry Mr. Malfoy over there.”
“No one's going to carry me anywhere,” Harry interjected from his place on the marshmallow bed. He stood shakily and made his way over to the other three. “I'll be fine on my own.”
“Harry, you can't be serious,” Hermione said. “You're two months pregnant for Merlin's sake!”
“I'm aware of that, Hermione. But I don't feel nearly as run down as I used to, I think it's because I'm closer to Draco here.” Harry left off the apart about how he was also increasingly getting weaker, just a little. There was a small feeling in the pit of the stomach, just below the baby, that told him something wasn't right, but he ignored it. He was going to get Draco and get the hell out of here no matter what.
“Alright, does everyone know a spell to take them down?” Hermione asked. The nodded in response and she started towards the water. “All right, slowly then.”
Harry was the first to step into the murky water, and he immediately felt a rush of a current hit his legs. The creatures were moving in. “Come on,” he hissed to the monkey-like beasts. He heard someone enter the water behind him and another. He assumed the only not to have entered was Ron and called for him to hurry up.
Hermione was next to him then, and Pansy a little behind her, up to their thighs in water. Harry heard a splash and knew Ron had finally gotten up enough courage to enter.
Lumos,” Hermione whispered beside him. The small light illuminated a good portion of the pond and Harry caught several scaly heads ducking under the water, trying to avoid the light. “They're Kappa's, she called to the others. Try to incapacitate them, they go for the kill.”
They were waste deep by know and Harry was holding his wand in a death grip, waiting for the attack. What was taking these Kappa's so long? They should have struck back when they were in the thigh deep water.
Then Pansy screeched and was falling into the water. “Confringo!” she yelled. The spell shot into the water and caused it to spray everywhere, Harry thought he say a slimy, scaly arm fly through the air before landing back in the water with a loud splash.
But he didn't have time to think on it, as there was now a loud screeching squawking noise filling the room and there were two slippery webbed hands grabbing his ankles. He tried to control his scream, but a yelp escaped from his mouth anyway. Beside him he heard Hermione yell “Protego total-” but her spell was cut off by her head abruptly plunging underwater.
“Hermione!” Ron yelled before e was screaming as well. The Kappa's were attacking at full force now.
And then Harry was underwater as well, staring into a pair of unblinking black eyes that seemed to glow in the water. Before the Kappa's hands could make their way to his throat Harry pointed his wand at the beast and yelled with all his might “Relashio!” A wave of boiling hot water shot into the creatures face and it jumped back in surprise. Harry broke the surface gasping and pointed his wand back at the water. Even in the dim light and through the screams other spells, the jets of multicoloured light, and splashing over water everyone froze momentarily when two glowing green lights appeared in the darkness and then a spurt of quite green magic, a slap of water and a horrific scream.
Harry turned his jewel like eyes to a new Kappa and shot the silent killing curse at the as well, they feel instantly into the water, unmoving. The Kappa's seemed to sense what was happening and broke the surface of the water screeching and squawking. Hermione who had finally managed to get rid of the Kappa who had been attempting to kill her was able to repeat her spell from earlier, fully.
A wave of magic surrounded her and the others. The Kappa's on inside went mad, their squawking becoming so high pitched Harry thought they may be part Banshee. “Shut up!” he roared. He pointed his wand at one, but Pansy beat him to it. Arrows shot from her wand and hit the sea dwelling monkey right between the eyes.
“Let's go,” Hermione yelled, throwing out Petrifies, as she went. Ron followed her lead and covered the rear, while Pansy stuck with her arrow shooting spell. Harry felt himself calm a bit, and his eyes changed back to normal as they reached the door.
Harry grabbed the handle and swung open the door. Oddly, the water stayed where it was when he opened the door, he entered another dimly lit hall way. Ron was the last to enter and slammed the door shut after him just as a stray Kappa tried to throw themselves out the door.
“Bloody hell!” he yelled, trying to catch his breath. “What the hell was that?”
“Kappa's,” Hermione said. “Water dwelling monkey like creatures. They grab waders by the ankles and strangle them underwater.”
“Thanks, Mrs. Encyclopaedia,” Pansy answered, Hermione only glared and turned her penetrating gaze to Harry.
“Are you all right?” she peered at him through wet bangs.
“Fine,” he answered shortly, knowing she wanted some explanation about what happened back there.
“So, when did you learn to do wandless killing curse, Harry?” Pansy asked with a smirk.
Harry didn't reply and began moving down the hall mumbling a “Come on.”
The hallway was much the same as the first hallway, minus the spiky door after them and it must have been close to freezing in there.
“What the hell?” Harry heard Ron say. He turned and found Ron had stepped on a tile that then sunk into the floor.
“Oh, no,” Hermione moaned. But it was too late, just then a suit of armour appeared out of nowhere and began running down the hall.
No one had to be told to run and soon the armour was catching up to them.
“Where do we go!?” yelled Pansy.
“There's a light up at the end here,” Harry called back. But then a door opened and another suit of armour came out.
Hermione cast a curse at it and sent it flying backwards as they ran towards it. The suit of armour behind them began throwing small knives and when whizzed past Harry's head. The suit Hermione had knocked down was up again and had joined in on the knife throwing.
“What the hell is this place, a fucking torture house!?” Ron screamed, looking over his shoulder at the armour who had decided to break out mace of all things. He swung it a few times before letting it fly.
“Oh shit! Look out!” Ron called before pointing his wand at the fly spiked ball and chain and yelling “Protego horribilis!” The mace bounced off the shield and flew back hitting the other armour in the head. Ron couldn't help but laugh and in turn Hermione screamed at him to stop laughing and hurry up.
Harry felt his legs turning to jelly but he kept running and suddenly he was at the end of the tunnel and taking a set of stairs two at a time. He tripped on the last one and fell, rolling into a room and introduced his face to an intricate oriental rug.
“Ugh!” Harry rolled over on his back and looked up to find Lord Keita hovering over him.
“Damn, you're alive.” The man pouted and glided over to a chair and sat down petulantly. Hermione, Ron and Pansy entered next, with a loud clanging of the armour falling announcing their arrival. “And you all too? Dammit, I knew I should have gotten the sharks with the laser beams attached to their heads!” Lord Keita's mouth turning into a pout and he glanced at Harry on the floor. “I suppose you think this is funny.”
“Where's Draco?” Harry asked instead.
“Ah, Malfoy-sama, he's on a run,” Lord Keita answered.
“A run?” Hermione asking in disbelief.
“Or rather, on the run, don't worry I've sent some people after him, they should be catching up to them soon.”
“Are you saying that Draco escaped?” Pansy asked.
“Yes,” the grumpiness in Lord Keita's voice was obvious and one could tell he was very upset about the whole matter, like someone stole his favourite toy. “And with one of my own, too!”
“What do you mean?” Harry asked dangerously, and the vampire instantly caught a chance to make Harry squirm.
“I mean, he and one of my younger subordinates (who is male, by the way) have run off together.” Keita shot Harry a lecherous look. “You know, he's been taking care of Draco for these past couple of months, they've gotten very close.”
Harry saw red and jumped on the vampire, grabbing him by his frilly shirt. “I'll kill you, do you hear me!? I'll kill you before Voldemort even gets the chance!”
“Harry!” Hermione called grabbing him and pulling him off the vampire.
“Well!” Lord Keita huffed. “I was going to bring you to Draco, but maybe I won't now.”
“Yes, you will,” Harry ground out, trying to pull out of the constraining arms of Ron.
“Oh, I suppose so, why don't you all go get cleaned up, and then when we're ready to go I'll take you to him.”
“I don't trust you,” Harry said.
“Listen, I'll tell you the truth,” Lord Keita said his accent deepening as his frustration grew, making it sound more like `Reesin, Irr tar ju sza truss.' “Dai and Draco are on their way to Canada, but I've sent two people after them. Once they catch up with them they are taking Draco straight to him.”
“You're sending Draco where!?” Harry shouted, pulling harder on Ron's arms in his effort to get out and strangle the undead man.
“Yes, I told you he's my bargaining chip, but seeing as I have you here already, I'll just bring you myself to him. And from there on, I won't be responsible for what happens,” Lord Keita smiled then. “Who knows, if you show enough promise, maybe I'll fight on your side.”
“I want you to take a Vow,” Harry answered. “Hermione will perform it.”
“Fine,” Lord Keita answere relunctantly. “If it'll make you feel better.”
Lord Keita held out his hand and joined it with Harry's. He said his promise and Hermione said the incantation.
“Allright, now, Fai will show you where to get cleaned up. I'll call for you when it's time to go.” Withthat Lord Keita opened a door and disappeared.
“This way, please,” Fai said, motioning to the other door. The four followed him out.
+++
It was three hours later when the servant known as Fai knocked on the door and told them it was time to go. Harry, who'd fallen asleep about two hours earlier was a little hard to rouse.
His face was buried in a pillow and he had it clutched to his chest in a death grip. When Fai had brought them to the room he had explained the room was the one Draco had been staying in. Harry cleaned himself up as quickly as humanly possible and then threw on some of Draco's clothes (Although, Hermione had to transfigure them to fit Harry), then spent the next forty five minutes going over everything, and when he finally got too tired to move he flopped on the bed and fell asleep, tears pricking the back of his eyes.
Ron fell asleep in a chair a little after that, and had thus begun snoring. Pansy, who wasn't used to it, cast a stinging hex at him that woke him right up. They two exchanged words in harsh whispers at the fierce hiss of Hermione not to wake Harry up. After that they all seemed to drift off to sleep.
Fai held open the door as they filed out. Harry gave one last determined look at the room and exited as well.
“You all had a pleasant rest, I trust?” Fai asked, taking them down the stairs.
“Yes,” Hermione answered politely. She didn't like the way Fai looked like he didn't care about anything, but knew everything, right down to what you were thinking.
They passed a few statues of old men Harry didn't recognise, the voices of Lord Keita and a woman floating up to meet them. Harry didn't know what they were saying as it was in Japanese, but the woman's voice seemed rather angry and Lord Keita's defensive.
When they entered the foyer Harry found it was an elderly woman, half Lord Keita's size. She was screaming at him and wagging a finger in Harry's and the others direction. Lord Keita looked like he was getting the worst scolding of his life. He said something back and she threw her arms up in frustration and stomped away all the while mumbling under her breath.
Beside them Fai let out a little chuckle and Keita shot him a glare. Ron who didn't see it began to laugh.
“Looks like someone's on a leash!” He barked.
“I could say the same thing for someone else,” Fai said and looked between him and Hermione. That shut Ron up real quick and left Hermione feeling exposed and triumphant.
“Are you all ready to go?” Lord Keita asked irritably.
“Yes,” Pansy answered.
“Good, we're going by Portkey, so hurry it up.,” Lord Keita pointed to a Buddha statue sitting on the floor.
“Great Portkey,” Hermione said with an eye roll.
“On three,” the vampire answered with a glare. “One, two, three!”
They all grabbed on and Harry felt that disgusting pull behind his belly button. He suddenly began to panic, wondering what this would do to the baby. He had been told Portkey was okay until he was four months, but still the way this twisted his insides couldn't be good.
But then they were landing and for some reason Harry landed on his feet, which was a really good thing seeing as it was a cement brick floor.
“Jesus,” Ron groaned, as he hadn't been as fortunate as Harry.
Suddenly Harry caught sight of Pansy's face.
“Pansy, oh, I forgot, are you sure you want to do this?” Harry asked concerned.
Her mouth set into a thin line and she nodded. “I never believed in this shit he was preaching, but I never thought I'd have to go face him. My father...my father won't be happy. But, this is for Draco, and Draco's child, so it's okay.”
Harry smiled at her and said, “Thank you.”
“Enough with the sentiments,” Keita said. He turned to a nearby Death Eater and said. “Where is Lord Voldemort?”
“Right this way,” the robust man barked and Harry swore it must have been Crabbe's father.
They entered a throne room and found Voldemort sitting upon the throne, Snape on his left and Lucius Malfoy on the right. Lucius barely looked at Harry, and kept his eyes glued on the wall in front of him, he seemed nervous, almost like he knew something bad was going to happen. Voldemort didn't seem too worried about, however, smiling at Harry with his nonexistent lips.
“Harry Potter,” Voldemort hissed giddily. “It's a pleasure to have you in my home. You already know Snape and Lucius. I see the rumours of your pregnancy are true, then, how far along are you?”
“That's none of your concern, Tom, “ Harry answered, walking closer to the throne, leaving the rest of the group behind. “Where is Draco?”
“Harry, that's not very nice of you, answer me when I ask you a question. Lucius, how far along is your son-in-law?” Voldemort turned to the blond man.
Lucius glanced at harry then at something behind him and turned to Voldemort. “Two months.”
“Two months! That's pretty far, eh, Harry? Too bad your child will never see the outside of your womb.” Voldemort laughed, throwing his bald blue head back with delight.
“I don't think so, Tom, my baby is going to survive, and Draco and I with them. I defeated you once, I can do it again,” Harry snarled fiercely.
“Haha! Lucius, your son-in-law is a feisty one, isn't he?” Lord Voldemort turned to Lord Keita then. “Ah, Lord Keita, I have to thank you, for bringing me such wonderful gifts! Harry and Draco Malfoy, you've done more in a few months time than my incompetent staff could do in seventeen years.”
“Thank you,” Lord Keita bowed.
“Harry?” Voldemort called. “Would you like to see Draco before you both die?” Harry ground his teeth and did his best Malfoy glare. “I'm feeling nice today, so I'll let you see him even though you're being so rude. Say, you there, the one that brought him in, take Harry to see Draco.” the snake motioned to the back of the room and Harry saw a man with messy black hair quite similar to his own step forward. He turned, so Harry never got a good look at his face. “Go on, Harry, follow him.”
“Leave my friends alone,” Harry instructed Voldemort.
“Don't worry, I'll take great care of them.” Voldemort chuckled.
Harry growled and followed the man out. They walked down a hallway in silence.
The man stopped abruptly and said over his shoulder to Harry, “Are you prepared?”
“Prepared for what?” harry asked nervously.
“The worst,” he answered. Harry nodded tentatively and the man opened the door.
Harry stepped in and gasped at what he saw. “Draco!”
“Harry?” came a faint voice.
Harry rushed forward, and grabbed Draco's motionless form. “Oh, God, Draco your alive!” Draco was chained to a wall, his hands above his head on either side, blood running down his arms. “Oh, God,” Harry sobbed into Draco's stomach.
“Harry, what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here, you have to go,” Draco croaked out, looking down at his Bonded.
“No!” Harry protested.
“Please, Harry, for my sake, please get out of here. I couldn't bear the thought of you getting hurt, it pains me just to think about you here with that thing.
“No! Draco, I won't leave without you! I can't!” Harry's cries increased and Draco broke.
“Harry, shh, love, it's all right,” Draco said in a soothing tone as Harry continued crying. “Everything's going to be all right.” Harry only clutched him tighter. “I wish I could hold you, right now.”
Harry pulled back and aimed his wand at the chains holding Draco up. He shouted a spell and they instantly crumbled. “That was surprisingly easy,' Harry laughed. Draco sighed in relief and sagged to the ground.
“Sorry,” he told Harry, “I've just been hanging there awhile and they beat me a bit first.”
“Oh, God, Draco, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it!” harry threw himself back on the blond with fresh tears in his eyes.
“You didn't mean what love?” Draco asked, stroking Harry's hair. It was then he noticed something different about Harry. “Harry...Harry, are you pregnant?” Draco asked in disbelief.
“Yes!” Harry cried and then Draco was crying too, holding Harry and they were rocking back and forth and crying and laughing at it all.
“Oh, Harry, I'm so happy right now, you don't understand.” Draco smiled down at Harry, his grey eyes shining with joy and tears.
“Draco,” Harry whispered. Suddenly, being able to look at Draco once more, holding him once more, breathing him in once more broke something within him and he was able to say something he should have said a long time ago. “Draco, I love you, I love you more than anything, and I'm sorry I never said it sooner, but I love you so much it hurts when I'm near you and when I think about you. I think, on some level, I've always loved you. And even now, I love you unchangingly.”
“Harry,” Draco whispered back, tears falling silently down his face, “I love you, so, so much.” Their lips met softly and suddenly the world melted away. They forgot all their troubles and facing dangers, it was just them, only them their lips, their love and they product of that love between them. Their tears mingled, still streaming down their faces, falling through their connected mouths. Draco held Harry's face between his hands, stroking his cheeks with his thumbs, in turn Harry was running his hands through Draco's Harry, wishing like crazy that he'd be able to do this once more.
“Ahem.” Someone cleared their throat.
Draco and Harry parted reluctantly, keeping their foreheads and noses pressed together, their eyes still shut tight.
“We have to go,” the man said.
Draco looked up at the man for the first time. “Roy,” he said earnestly. “Roy, there's something you have to know.”
A/N: Well, that was a chapter...sorry it took so long, I didn't have my computer for awhile and I was out of town and that whole depression thing. Yea, so I think I'm getting better...I think... Also, I stole the line “I've always loved...unchangingly.” From Miyavi's Kimi ni Negai Wo (When I Wish Upon You).