Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Why? ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Her gaze kept slipping to him. He sneered at her, belittled her, insulted her and hurt her, but her gaze kept going back to him anyways, regardless of the years of damage he had done to her ego and her self-esteem. But last night he hadn't done damage. Instead he had merely confused the hell out of her and manage to firmly wedge himself into her thoughts so that she was incapable of concentrating on anything but him. It was worse when she had classes with him, because then she would have to look at him while trying to keep Harry or Ron from noticing her glances. Hiding it from him was less difficult. He rarely looked her way. It was as if he was avoiding her, although they had always been enemies. Enemies don't avoid each other, they deliberately go about trying to provoke the other. Friends avoid each other, but only when the other is hurt, angry or embarrassed.

Her gaze fell on him again. Harry and Ron were currently whispering about the next quidditch match and trying to master the spell McGonagall had just given them. Hermione had already done it six times, each perfectly. There was no need to practice what had been mastered.

The sunlight shined off of his white-blond hair as he scowled at the bird cage before him. He had only attempted the spell once but his textbook had been transformed into wood instead of metal. He waved his wand and tried again, first tranforming it back into the book it had been, then turning back into a bird cage. This time the metal glinted in the light and he sat back with a smirk on his face.

Not that she cared if he got it right or not. After all, if he failed the course is life would be a little worse. It was well-known that his father hated a failure.

His head shot up and his eyes met hers.

She turned around quickly, a blush staining her cheeks.

Draco Malfoy had caught her staring at him.

But she had caught him in worse positions.

*flashback*

She ran a little faster, enjoying the snow falling about her. It had been so long since it had last snowed. She twirled about, laughing as the cold pinched at her cheeks. Then she was stopped, noticing she was no longer alone. She couldn't see who it was with her but he had wrapped an arm about her waist, her back to him. She spun around but before she could see his face she was being kissed by him.

It was a rather nice kiss.

She blinked and tried to pull back, wondering why she was suddenly dreaming about kisses from a stranger.

And then she was awake and she really was being kissed...

Her eyes popped open and her hands came up to rest on masculine shoulders. She pushed whoever it was away, then retrained a shocked gasp as she saw Draco Malfoy leaning over her. One of his hands was on her waist, the other resting on the other side of her body.

"Malfoy..." She said, feeling her cheeks heat up from embarrassment. She wasn't even aware that she had said it until the sound of his surname filled the air and caused a peculiar expression of pain to enter his eyes. "Mal.."

"Her..Granger..." He said, and she wondered at how he almost used her first name. Before she could ask him what on earth he was doing he stood and left the room. Suddenly, she remembered her homework.

*end flashback*

The bell rang, signaling that students were excused to go to lunch. Hermione stood and placed her books in her bag even as Ms. McGonagall told the students that their assignment was a three page report on why transfiguration is both good and bad in wizarding society. Hermione walked slowly, careful to lag behind. She knew that Malfoy would be last out of class, he always was seeing as he liked to sit and watch the rest of them leave first. She stopped outside of the door as the last of the seventh years walked by her, chattering joyfully. Finally, last as usual, Malfoy came out, walking with his customary swagger. She grabbed onto the sleeves of his robes.

"Head business." She said, even as they both aknowledged it for the lie it was.

"Later." He said, trying to walk away from her. She pulled harder on his robes.

"I haven't told yet, but I will if you don't come with me now." She hissed at him, a little surprised at the rather pitiful threat. She knew she wouldn't tell at all, but judging by the way his eyes widened almost imperceptively, he didn't know that. He looked around quickly, before grabbing her wrist and pulling her across the hall and into an abandoned classroom. The moment they were inside he let go of her and turned around, glaring down at her.

"You will never mention what happened Granger, do you understand me?" He growled at her, trying to intimidate her enough so that his little..."moment" would never be revealed. Her chin tilted upward in a stubborn manner.

"Mention what? That I woke up and you were trying to go all "Sleeping Beauty" on me? I didn't ask to be kissed Malfoy, but I am asking what the hell you were doing. Have you forgotten I hate you, and that you hate me, or did you suddenly develop a fetish for sleeping girls?"

Draco flushed in embarrassment and anger. How dare the little mudblood question him. And how dare she even mention his moment of weakness to his face! Had she planned on this, planned to corner and embarrass him? He wouldn't put it past her, after all she was clever and she did hate him. Well...he wasn't without his tricks either.

"What on earth are you going on about Granger? Why would I kiss a filthy little mudblood like you? Are you so devoid of attention from the Weasel that you fantasize about your worse enemy for entertainment?"

"Nice try Malfoy, but let's keep in mind that you came with me, actually taking the lead to drag me in here because I threatened to tell, and then told me to neve mention what happened. Playing stupid won't get you out of this, now tell me why you kissed me!"

Crap...the little muggle-born wasn't going to fall for it. Draco scowled at her.

"Maybe I was sleep-walking? Did you ever think of that Granger?"

"Oh yes, because people sleepwalk with their eyes open and remember what they did. Stop the games Malfoy and tell the truth."

His chin came up in a manner very reminiscent of hers.

"No."

"Yes."

"Absloutely not."

"Absolutely so."

"I refuse."

"I'll hex you."

"Liar."

"Mudblood kisser."

"Loathsome wench."

"Foul git."

"Bitch."

"Bastard!"

"Irritating muggle-born!!!!"

"Worthless PRAT!!!"

Without being aware of it the two of them had stepped closer together until their faces were so close they could feel the others breath. Their robes skimmed against one another, chests lightly grazing the others. Draco became immediately aware of their proximity even as Hermione ignored it all together, still not noticeng that she was physically touching her worse enemy. They both froze, Hermione in anger, Draco in a sudden burst of a combination of lust, embarrassment, anger, and a supreme desire to stay that way.

Before he could stop himself he kissed her again, this time not even bothering to be gentle. She stiffened as his lips crashed on hers, and tried pushing him away even as his tongue entered her mouth. In her mind a number of thoughts collided and scattered, the foremost thought being, *I am being mauled by my worse enemy...and I'm liking it...*

Before she could even think about how wrong that thought was she realized he had somehow managed to push her back until she was against a wall. Not only that but one of his hands had pulled her leg up until it was wrapped around his waist while the other one wormed its way up her blouse. She arched against him in an attempt to dislodge him but he stayed there. Thankfully his mouth moved off of hers but immediately trailed down her neck, alternately sucking. kissing, and biting the exposed skin. Hermione couldn't help it. She giggled at the pleasurable and slightly ticklish sensation.

Draco stiffened and suddenly became aware of what exactly he was doing and with who. He pulled back and looked into her flushed face, adjusting her leg a little so that it was more comfortably around him. The both stared at each other for a while before Hermione shook her head to try and clear the fuzziness in her mind.

"What...what just happened?" She asked, honestly confused as to how she had ended up in a full on make-out session with the one person she hated most in the entire world. He let go of her leg and let it slide down until her foot was once more on the floor. Before he had to even answer her he stepped back and gave her a glare.

"This didn't happen Granger." He said, then left the room. Hermione slipped down to the floor, her legs suddenly unable to hold her in place. Of course it didn't happen. She focused on that thought. It didn't happen. Never mind that it had been the most exciting moment of her life, it didn't happen.

After a few moments of sitting there she stood and went to lunch.

It didn't happen.

oooooooooo

Mmmkay...I have decided to continue, although I have no plot line in mind, no clue what I am doing, and another fic that I am currently working on. So updates will be slow. If you have any idea's at all, I'll take them. Just tell me what you want to happen and if I like it, I'll write it!

Please Read and Review! ^.^