Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Witch's Song ❯ Chapter 3: Days and Nights Has Thirty-One ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Witch's Song
Chapter 3: Days and Nights Has Thirty-One
By: Ceris Malfoy
 
Sereth Malfoy grew up as the younger sister to Draco in the Malfoy home. In a world ruled by two tyrants -Albus Dumbledore and Grindlewald- the Malfoys lived a relatively peaceful life under the protection of Lord Voldemort, whom Dumbledore feared and Grindlewald had named his heir.
 
Sereth grew into her roll of the baby of the house -Narcissa had always wanted a girl and spoiled her rotten. Both Lucius and Narcissa knew of the child's origins, and neither cared. She was a Malfoy. That was all that mattered. Besides, she was their only grandchild.
 
Draco took to being ousted from the position of `baby of the household' quite well. He adored Sereth and did everything in his power to protect her.
 
It was a paternal residue left over from the charm that only affected Draco, as it was him (albeit his future self from a parallel dimension) who placed the charm on her to begin with, that caused his first bit of magic to surface on his second birthday.
 
He protected her from a group of Dumbledore's men by throwing them halfway across the manor -through walls- when they threatened Sereth. He was out cold for almost six months.
 
As for Sereth, she seemed content to be protected by her brother, and was an abnormally clingy sibling. She adored Draco, and often followed his lead before she followed anyone else's. However, her power was stronger than was normal, and considering that she was somehow the heiress of both Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffindor (1), this was only to be expected.
 
And then came the day that the Black-Malfoy and Potter-Malfoy heirs were to meet the candidates for their hands in marriage. Only the best were chosen (2).
 
Draco was quick to choose. He chose Kaliya Lestrange (3).
 
Sereth, however, couldn't decide. Most of the candidates had been male (4) and all of them appealed to her. However, she did manage to narrow down the choices to two men -Demitrius Silvertongue and Daemon Black. She had Draco and Lucius cross-examine them and then choose for her.
 
Demitrius Silvertongue had deep ebony eyes and blood-auburn hair. He was lithe and muscled and, despite his young age, mature. His skin was as pale as her own. Daemon Black had raven-black hair and deep violet eyes. His skin was a deep gold, and he was just as lithe and muscled as Demitrius. Both of them were equal in station, wealth, power, and both came from families who were firm supporters of Voldemort.
 
In the end, they chose Demitrius Silvertongue -simply because of the two, he was the only one who understood the importance of choosing to marry a firm supporter of Voldemort. Indeed, he had even gone as far as to reveal that he himself supported Voldemort.
 
Daemon Black supported Dumbledore.
 
Notes:
 
1. Both came from Harry Potter in the original dimension were Sereth was born. Harry was already the descendent of Godric Gryffindor, but when Voldemort marked Harry, he transferred more than a couple powers to Harry. He essentially made Harry an heir of Salazar Slytherin.
 
2. The best meaning the ones with the most power, the best social standing and influence, the most wealthy, and the ones who were intelligent.
 
3. Not Bellatrix and Rodolphus Lestrange's daughter. That would be incest. No, Kaliya is the daughter of Rodolphus' brother -Romulus.
 
4. In the Wizarding World, males could have children with other males, but women could not have children with other women.