Horror Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ "Beasts All Around" ❯ Do you want to know? ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We were always hunted. At least, that's the way it's been for the past two-and-a-half thousand years. Some died from the torture while others, were taken and never seen again. At one time, my people were aplenty. Now, we are so scarce, there are more animals than us. My people and I live on the tropical planet of Euran. There was a time when we flourished like to other planet in the galaxy. There were no wars, no sophisticated technology, just peace. There were no plagues or unknown deaths. We knew everything of the world around us and where everything came from. All was wonderful until that fated day when the star of Neun disappeared and fell to our peaceful world. The way legend described the moment, which changed our lives forever, is passed down to every child. It was so carefully passed that every detail made us feel as if we were there.
The atmosphere blared white as if the sun melted and surrounded the planet with the strongest light it could. From the white, the light narrowed the color of a greedy flame. A large black coral-like sphere charged to the ground and slammed into our uncorrupted surface. It was as if this monstrous turning point shook not only the planets but the whole function of the core; since then, everything went wrong. A large fire engulfed a fourth of just my people's continent. It didn't give any living thing a chance to run, nor realize what had happened. That's when our troubles were forged.
No one knows exactly how it happened, or why. From that day, many of our kind seemed to turn against us. Many bones of us appeared even though no one was missing. Many believe that the object changed the way we thought, or something was so spectacular there, that greed arose.
Whatever it was, no one saw it and returned a normal person, nor would they tell anyone of what they saw. One of my ancestors however, said differently. His tale was passed secretly throughout the generation of my family. We were to tell no other soul. Many thought that my ancestors were crazy however, I believe that they were the only sane ones. All of my life, I've been taking in any story or information about strange happening that could finally lead me to the truth. My name is Aruru, and I thought that I wasn't afraid of anything until the day I found out the root of all chaos.