I My Me!(Ai Mai Mi!) Strawberry Eggs Fan Fiction ❯ Cat and Mouse ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Cat and Mouse
An I! My! Me! Strawberry Egg Fanfiction
By: DesuxDecchi
AN: My first strawberry egg fic. I’m rather excited about it. I’m going to try to keep this short so you can move on to the actual fic, for those who actually take the time to read the authors note. I just wanted to say that this is a continuation of where the anime left off, except for I need to tweak the ending a little to make things flow with my story better. It won’t be anything to change how the story ended per say, more like where it ended.
Oh, and about the title, it’s a song (which I don’t own) by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. I name my fics after songs that go with them, and I felt this matched the story and even the anime a little. I’m listening to it as I type actually. But enough from me, on with the story!
Disclaimer: I’m not typing this ten thousand times. So it’s for the whole story, however long it may be, I don’t own it. If I did own it, why would I be writing this? Answer: I wouldn’t. I only claim the plot.
Prologue
Memories and Meetings
She smiled as they walked down the sidewalk in the foreign city. It was the first time she’d ever been to Tokyo. The tall buildings all packed closely together cast a shadow over the streets of the city, save for the few rays of light that cast through the occasional alley. Her whole class followed along the busy sidewalk, led by their vice principal, jabbering on about the city. Nobody she could see was paying attention.
Her smile widened into a grin as she thought of how little respect was now given to the vice principal. She’d lost it all when she revealed and forced their teacher out in middle school. Right as they graduated middle school, a high school campus had been built next to the middle school one. So they were landed with carrying on in the same school, though a few had left, her friends had all decided to stay.
At the moment, they were continuing on the streets of Tokyo as their senior trip. So far, they’d all been bored out of their minds. Vice Principal Reiko had made sure that it was all educational, and so it had been a very pointless trip. It would have been fun if she’d let them wonder a little. They all had phones and she had made a point to collect all of their numbers and test them in case one of them were to become lost, so she could have quickly gotten hold of all of them if need be. She let out a sigh and checked her phone, then groaned. They still had another hour and a half till lunch.
In front of her, her friend Fujio Himejima held hands and walked side by side with Akira Fukae, both looking spaced out, walking along as if on autopilot. They had gotten together the year before when he finally admitted to developing a crush on her after being turned down. Miho Umeda walked in front of them, standing behind one of the broader boys and was texting her boyfriend. Well, her fiancée now. He’d finally proposed around a month ago. Shyoichi Iwaya stood by Seiko Kasuganomichi. They also had paired up the summer of 10th grade.
However, she stood at the end of the small procession of people alone. Fuko Kuzuha. She’d tried to date, but she could not let her first love out of her mind. Which side of the one in her mind she truly loved was a mystery at first, but it quickly became apparent once they were assigned a new home room teacher.
Hibiki Amawa. Their previous PE teacher, who had turned out to be cross dressing to be employed for the job. With their up tight principal, no male teachers were allowed to teach at their school at the time. That had never changed. Fuko sighed as she thought about the teacher, feeling the familiar pain in her heart as she remembered their parting.
Akira and Fujio pulled her with them, all three of them panting hard as they forced air into their lungs and pushed their bodies forward even though they were at their limit long ago. The train station was in sight and they shot around the corner without slowing down, causing her feet to go out from under her. The two holding her hands pulled up and brought her to her feet, which went back to speed the second they were under her again.
Hibiki-sensei!’ she called out, waving her arm when his blue hair came in sight. He turned and looked at her with a surprised look on his face.
Fuko-chan?’ He asked quietly. Her friends let go of her as she shot forward and tackled him, almost knocking him over. He quickly wrapped an arm around her and regained his balance. ‘What are you doing here?’ He asked, setting the bag down.
I couldn’t let you leave without saying goodbye.’ She said as she tightened her arms which were slung around his stomach. A soft smile etched it’s way onto his face as he placed a hand on her head and rubbed it a little.
I’m sorry I lied to you. It’s wrong for a teacher to get as far as we did with a student. I apologize for that too.’ He said quietly, though she caught every word. She glanced over her shoulder and saw her friends turning around the corner to give them their privacy.
So…you regret it?’ she asked quietly, turning her head so her bangs covered her eyes. She couldn’t let him see the pain. It would only hurt him further. He paused for a moment before slowly shaking his head.
As much as I want to say I do, I can’t lie to you anymore.’ He replied in the same dead tone. They stood still as the people went by, not knowing what to say. She turned to him with a blush on her face.
I like you Habiki-sensei.’ She blushed redder. ‘But I think I fell in love with my teacher. Not the man. But we can still be friends, right?’ She asked, looking up at him happily as though that solved everything.
Of course, Fuko-chan.’ He said with a smile. His eyes betrayed the pain he felt. She hugged tighter as a train pulled up. He gave her a one armed hug as he picked up his bag and put it back over his shoulder.
You’re going to be back one day, right?’ She asked, trying to hold back the tears that welled up in her eyes. He just nodded, not looking at her. She didn’t miss the tear that fell from his eyes as he turned away and boarded the train.”
She let out a sigh and then let out a small squeak as she stopped just before running into Fujio. Apparently Reiko had stopped to talk about something. After a moment, the lady turned on her heel and continued forward. Fuko sighed again and followed, looking around at all the buildings again, and her eyes wondered over the people. There were so many of them. Her eyes paused on one person.
At that moment, time stopped. Hibiki Amawa was going down the street. The female version of himself. Across the street. Here. In Tokyo. She gasped and quickly grabbed Fujio’s shoulder. Though she was friends with the other two girls, she knew Fujio was the least upset of her love for a woman more then the others.
They all had been nice about it, though you could tell they weren’t entirely comfortable with it. It was rarely brought up. Fujio however seemed completely calm about it, so she knew Fujio would be the best choice for this as she pulled her back.
‘Sorry Akira-kun. I need to talk to her about something. It’s a girl thing.’ She whispered quietly, causing him to turn a shade darker and quickly turn around. Fujio looked at her curiously. She had let her hair down once she started middle school and it now set on her shoulders. It also helped keep others from hearing what was being said as she quietly whispered to Fujio.
‘I just saw Hibiki-sensei.’ She said quickly, turning the girl. Fujio gasped and stared wide eyed. It was definitely him. Or in this case, her. Fujio quickly turned back to Fuko.
‘Oh my god it is…We can’t let her get away without you getting to see her first.’ She quickly whispered the situation in her boyfriend’s ear and he nodded, turning his attention forward again. Fujio grabbed her arm and quickly tugged her down the street. They quickly moved through the crowd, muttering apologies as people were pushed out of their way. Not letting the bouncing brown hair leave their sight, they ran across the crosswalk and down the street, trying to catch up. Fuko let out a quiet no as they lost sight of her. A moment later though, someone set a hand on her shoulder and pulled both her and Fujio into an alleyway as a female voice whispered in a harsh tone.
‘What are you two doing? Why are you even here?’ Fuko stared at Hibiki. She wasn’t wearing the choker.
‘Senior class trip is to Tokyo. Fuko-chan saw you and we followed. Reiko won’t notice.’ She added offhandedly. Hibiki sighed.
‘I don’t believe this. You both need to get back before you’re seen with me. Reiko would probably have the police called on me.’
‘You aren’t wearing the choker.’ Fuko said suddenly. Hibiki blinked, then laughed.
‘I know. It’s built in now.’ She turned red. ‘I’ve made the change more..permanent.’ The two girls gasped.
‘You mean…’ Fujio poked her breast and their old teacher swatted her hand away. ‘Oh god, they are real…So does that mean they chopped off your-.’
‘I’m not telling you that!’ She cried, staring at her wide eyed.
‘Have you been here the whole time?’ Fuko asked. Hibiki nodded. ‘When were you going to come back?’ She asked, causing Hibiki to look away.
‘Eventually.’ She said quietly. Fuko paused before venturing out a little.
‘You weren’t going to come back were you?’ The woman in question straightened up and looked up the street.
‘Shouldn’t you guys catch up with your class?’ Fujio shook her head.
‘We have a minute. So will you come see the rest of the class? It’s been so boring. They all miss you.’ She shook her head again.
‘I told you. I’d have the police called on me most likely.’
‘We could take ‘em. C’mon, you have to see them again.’ Again she denied.
‘I have somewhere I need to be and you guys need to catch up with your class.’ Fuko stole a hug as Fujio sighed and turned away. Hibiki couldn’t help but hug her back.
‘I missed you Hibiki-sensei.’ It was just loud enough for only Hibiki to hear. She hugged her tighter.
‘I know. I missed you too.’ She paused. ‘I was going to come back in a month or two.’ Fuko looked up at her in surprise.
‘Really?’
‘C’mon, we have to go Fuko-chan. I said five minutes and it’s up.’ Fujio said before the question was answered. Fuko nodded and squeezed the woman tighter.
‘I’ll see you later, right?’ Hibiki nodded and let her go. Fuko smiled and the two ran quickly to catch up with their class. Hibiki sighed and continued down the street. She’d actually been headed for lunch, but now she also had to get back to her office. She had to order a plane ticket now.
AN: Thanks for reading people! Remember, this is just the prologue, so I might be a little slow in cranking out the other chapters. I’m submitting this to see how it goes, then I’ll finish the story and post the rest. Please review!